Power Rangers AMA

I worked on production for this movie

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ttUUGN-U90
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=2vU9kI3eTO0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ini5sF6iImk
youtube.com/watch?v=M4nonhWD4SA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would anyone shoot a man before throwing him off a plane?

Are you proud of what you made or is it just another paycheck?

How much are the paying you to shill this junk on a Nepali horseriding forum?

Personally, it's not the greatest movie ever made, but it's not an awful movie. Some of the production team higher up working directly with Dean Israelite used the 2014 TMNT movie as an example of where it is that they didn't want to go with it. No fart jokes or anything like that.

There's still some touching up to be done, but I honestly think it's an alright movie on it's own.

weres the green ranger my mane

How can i get a job like yours and what is it you do ?

They're setting Tommy up for the sequel(s)

Jason & Kimberly get together in this one, and they want to work Tommy coming to Angel Grove and the three starting a love triangle into the next one. Not to mention Rita has the Green Power Coin in her staff. There's also talk about Jason and Tommy really hating each other, too. But at this point it's waaaaaaay too early to paint a clear picture. Most of what I'm hearing are just a bunch of ideas being thrown around.

Why would they make this trash as self serious as it appears to be?

How does it feel to be a total sellout?

Is it dark and gritty?

Do the zords have less than 5 minutes of screen time?

Are Bulk and Skull in the movie?

was getting caught part of your plan?

Why did they decide to let them have the powers outside of the suits? That seems odd.

I've only ever seen the original series and the first movie, if it changed after that I didn't know.

did you see elizabeth banks nude? mmm

Becky G is pretty hot. Did you meet her irl

better not use the original actor hes old as fuck

How much are they paying you to shill this junk on a Indonesian waterskiing forum?

Are you (or anyone working on the film) a big power rangers fan?

What's it like to be such an attention hungry faggot you need to pretend to be a "movie insider"?

Did you laugh or did you cry in disbelief when it was revealed that you were really going to be working on a grim dark version of the fucking Power Rangers?

The studio didn't want it to be corny or as annoying as other adaptations so they toned it down a whole bunch.

Awesome.

Yeah, to an extent.

Let's just keep it at I work at Lionsgate as one of many creative minds. And a degree of some sort and sheer luck. Best advice I can give is have connections and get an internship, then you can only go up from there. Just work at it. That's all I'll keep it at for now.

how awful are the megazords? they look like shit in the posters

How do you think people will receive the movie? Is it made mostly for the YA crowd or old fans? Do you think it'll make its money back?

>Yeah, to an extent.
I really wish you guys would stop doing this. I was hoping it wasn't.

How much are they paying you to shill this junk on a Bangladeshi Numismatics forum?

How much are they paying you to shill this junk on a Senegalese Etymology forum?

Do they shout "ITS MORPHIN TIME" at any point?

Predict the Rotten Tomato score

How much are they paying you to shill this junk on a Romanian Horology Forum?

Any reference to Sentai or at least other seasons of Power Rangers?
Are the monsters any good?
Lionsgate sucks in special effects
Does it feel like a Power Rangers movie or is it just a generic action movie with a Power Ranger skin?

Is Lord Zed in it? What will the giant monster be?

Who made the GodAwful posters??

Yes. You see them a bit in the beginning prologue, and after the Rangers get their suits they take the Zords for a test drive. Their biggest moment is at the end with the final battle between a giant Goldar and the Megazord.

Yes. That kid in the teaser with the red hair is skull. Bulk hasn't been shown yet, but he will be.

Dean's idea. He apparently thought they should be able to do more than just karate outside of their suits, and it gives them more of a reason why they can take out the putties more easily when they're out of their suits than a regular human can. The putties are pretty strong on a person who doesn't have the power, but on the five rangers they're easily beaten.

Yeah, her and the whole cast. The five leads are really cool, RJ Cyler was probably my favorite of them all. And Becky is hot as fuck in person, holy shit.

Oh yeah, of course. Like 90% of the crew loved it when they were little. I was a pretty big fan, but grew out of it after like 4th grade. I'd watch an episode here an there, but I didn't pay attention to it too much. Working on this movie kind of got me back into it.

I wasn't surprised. I'd been hearing stuff here and there on the internet that movie studios were trying to make this happen way before this. But when I first heard I'd be working on it, I was a bit surprised and a little optimistic, but I was kind of scared it'd turn into a huge turd.

Did they use the Power/Rangers fan film that was meant to be a satire on gritty reboots yet everyone took it at face value as reference?

What's Zordon look like? Is it Bryan Cranston's face or something else?

What do the zords look like?

Will Lord Zedd be in the sequel with Tommy and the Dragonzord?

What does Goldar look like this time around, and who plays him?

Are you Jewish?

Ever watch Power Rangers RPM?
Fans generally think it's edgy Power Rangers done right.
The opening theme song is dog shit though.

How's the soundtrack?
Any power metal?
Is there a remix of the original theme song?
youtube.com/watch?v=3ttUUGN-U90

I think they look pretty cool. They're gigantic compared to the human characters. Like ridiculously gigantic. Really not Transformers-y, they're easy to make out. The Posters don't do them justice honestly. My favorite is either the Triceratops or the Sabretooth Tiger.

Yes. Jason says it as the very last line in the movie. It's pretty predictable.

Anywhere from 40%-50%-60%

The monsters are mostly mo cap but there aren't any like, monster of the week ones like on the TV series. The main villains are Rita, Goldar, and her putties. Squatt, Baboo, and Finster are in there as well, but their roles are really, really, really minor compared to Rita and Goldar. They all look pretty different from their TV counterparts. Squatt is like a deformed hunchback with an underbite and scars and boils (think ephialtes in 300 only slightly less creepy) and Baboo is like a giant bat with human arms, spikes, red eyes and fangs. They're still Rita's idiots. Finster is kind of like a wolf with bones for skin. He's tough to describe. He's still Rita's armorer.

Goldar looks pretty similar to the original though. He's definitely the coolest looking of all of them. Huge horned helmet, gold body/leg armor, and gold shoulder plates and arm gauntlets. He stands at least 8 or 8.5 feet tall.

I can't really describe how it feels, but everyone tried their hardest to make it feel like a realistic, updated power rangers movie. It's darker, but it's still Power Rangers.

No but he gets a reference. He's like the Emperor Palpatine of the Rangers universe. Everyone becomes scared shitless when his name is mentioned, good guy or bad. The giant monster is Goldar, there's no monster of the week like I said up there^

How long was pre-pro ? Who was the 3D studio you worked with and were they LA based?

Will we see Lord Zedd in the sequel?

What was you actual role in production? Did you interact with the director at all? If so, were there any key processes which most people uninvolved in movie production wouldn't be familiar with?

How Jewish is Saban?

You didn't answer my question you fucking fag. Are you jewish or not?

>No fart jokes
setting the bar

Did you guys wanted to make a good film or an okayish film?

No but Dean thought it was pretty cool from what I heard. He didn't want to use it as a platform for the movie though.

Zordon is a completely hairless Bryan Cranston head with a few small details added, but instead of being encased in glass, he's in the middle of the command center (which is more like a command cave this time around) in a giant energy tube field thing. Think a giant hologram.

see for your other questions

but Ron Perlman is voicing him. They don't want to announce it yet, but he's doing the voice.

I haven't watched it but I've heard it's not bad.

It's pretty much what you heard in the teaser. Brian Tyler as usual. The song played after Halsey's is the main theme, it sounds a lot like the original, but more orchestral and no lyrics. Guitars and drums are in there. No power metal or remix :/ But when you guys hear the full piece, it's great.

No one believes these any time they're posted. Enjoy your replies though OP :^)

Will Cyclopsis be present for the climax?

Is there any explanation for the Zords and why 2 of them are dinosaurs, 1 of them is a winged reptile, and the other 2 are extinct mammals?
Does the plot involve dinosaurs?

Was Dean the main creative force on the film? Did Lionsgate and Saban support his vision?

Did you meet Haim Saban? What's he like? He's notorious for his (((skypery))).

What was the budget, shooting schedule, and number of visual effects shots?

Was anybody on the production a cunt?

Any funny/interesting stories?

>Dark gritty power rangers
Fucking why, it's a show made for little kids

He's Israeli. Take a wild guess.

No my family's catholic but I'm not religious.

We set out to make a good film and something that would make both older and younger fans happy, but add our own elements to it.

4Dmax, Method Studios, Digital Domain, Imagine Engine Design, and Weta were the effects studios we worked with. And define pre-pro, on just effects or the entire production itself?

see
yes

Will there be Kung fu or is there just generic punching and kicking? Was there a martial arts consultant? Is there a training montage?

It's what the people want
Why bother to complain?

Entire production. Also what was the main camera rig Arri, Red or Pana?

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here.

You idiots would believe anything. OP has yet to show any proof he has worked on this movie. Asian moot please shut this false thread down. Thank you.

Asian Moot's incompetent

The explaination for the Zords (if I have this right):

the power coins were created on Earth in the time of the dinosaurs and harnessed the power of the T-rex, Mastodon, Triceratops, Sabretooth Tiger, and Pterodactyl. One was created in secret by Rita Repulsa before she turned on Zordon, and it harnessed the power of the last dragon on earth (which is apparently why Earth has no dragons anymore), killing it and making the species extinct.

In the opening prologue, when Rita wages a battle on Earth, she wipes out the entire population of dinosaurs and the other creatures the power coins harnessed. This is why the dinosaurs are extinct. Rita killed them all. It's kind of hilarious but I love it.

Dean was mostly the driving force, but he had a team of people who worked on the story with him.

Haim Saban had nothing to do with the story, but he supported the movie and Dean's vision. Lionsgate did as well. They wanted to do a Power Rangers movie for years, and when they got their shot, instantly they took it.

I didn't meet Haim Saban, no.

fuck dude, I don't know all of that off the top of my head but the budget was around 140/150 million I think? Most of the shooting was done in Vancouver.

Nah, mostly everyone was cool. There was a rumor that Dacre Montgomery plowed the living fuck out of Becky G though.

>This is why the dinosaurs are extinct. Rita killed them all. It's kind of hilarious but I love it.
That's actually similar to how the dinosaurs were wiped out in the original Sentai series.
Japanese Rita killed all the dinosaurs because her dumb idiot of a son pissed off a T-Rex and it killed him

To be honest, I believe this one.

120 million judging by Wikipedia
>Filming was originally set to begin on January 18, 2016,[41] but was rescheduled and began on February 29 in Vancouver.[4][42] On May 28, 2016, filming was complete.[43][44]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_(film)

Will it be kino?

It'll be tokukino just like Shin Kamen Rider

what was the thought process behind rita's design?

I can see the ranger suits trying to be more iron man, but Rita looks... generic.

what kinda jobs are there for an audio guy, how do I get these jobs?

user please, Ivan Ooze made the original Power Rangers movie kino
youtube.com/watch?v=2vU9kI3eTO0

Fucking Apocalypse ripoff

He looks nothing like Apocalypse from the comic

>2ch admin is white and Cred Forums's admin is Hiroyuki

kek

What a world we live in

>harnessed the power of the last dragon on earth (which is apparently why Earth has no dragons anymore), killing it and making the species extinct.
I actually like this

>dragon

Do they explain what makes the dinosaurs so special to begin with and how they're not just wild animals?

why did you find dinosaurs cool as a kid?

that's why.

Will it be fun? I hate every movie unless it's fun.

How often is Quartz Composer used in production?

lol

>very last line in the movie
Jesus fucking christ, just stop hollywood. Make it like the original or don't fucking use the property, fuck sake. It's literally not power rangers at all with all of this shit being changed now. It looks and feels NOTHING like the original power rangers, which was fun and ridiculous, this looks serious and cringeworthy. Not to mention super fucking predictable, I mean it's going to follow the same movie plot structure as every single movie of the past 20 years, I just know it. Literally iron man costumes lmao

Out of curiosity, what would YOU like the plot structure to be? Like what movie would you make with the property? Because I'm seeing a grim power rangers mixed with the Breakfast Club vibe from the trailer, and I'm kind of digging it.

I hope there's a juice bar, though.

He probably wanted it to be like RPM, Lost Galaxy, or Time Force in tone.

Is there plans to make this into a series down the road?

Why are the suits so ugly?

Go fucking over the top. Go so over the fucking top you make people go wtf.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ini5sF6iImk

I get studios are conservative, but holy fuck take some risks once in a while. Breakfast Club Rangers is no risk at all. It is so mediocre. And you will get mediocre box office results. I want fucking dinosaurs zords punching monsters in the space. This movie should have been Pacific Rim + Guardians of the Galaxy + New Star Trek. BAM done. Instant hit. Confident Captain Kirk-like character red ranger? Shit Sign me up. Brooding teenagers are fucking boring.

That's...pretty damn smart. But I think it should be Avengers + Godzilla + Guardians of the Galaxy (for the fun factor). I liked that you picked the Trek Video mashup. But I think Avengers Power Rangers is the best one that the movie needed to follow.

youtube.com/watch?v=M4nonhWD4SA