FUCKING DROPPED

FUCKING DROPPED

But his original actor was gay irl so he has to be gay in the movies. It's only fair

Even he said its stupid

I thought it was a nice nod to George Takei and it was handled pretty tastefully imo

>I thought it was a nice nod to George Takei and it was handled pretty tastefully imo

They asked Takei to endorse it and he said no, it didn't make sense to turn Sulu gay just because he was when he'd been portrayed as straight since forever.

>Taking care of your husband's daughter

I haven't seen all of the original series but I didn't think Sulu was portrayed as particularly one way or the other. This didn't do anything to change his established personality

Maybe they were just friends

Asian masculinity BTFO once again

>Asian
>masculinity

>This didn't do anything to change his established personality

Then why make him gay at all

>thinking a gay actor can portray a heterosexual character

Wow, just wow. It's 2016, people.

Because Simon Pegg is a hack.

Just like history will drop you. Buh-bye

Takei's whole thing though was "Yo why you fuckin with Roddenberry's characters and vision" which is straight up retarded because the fucking blew up Vulcan in the first one and Sulu was never established one way or another.

Simon Peggs whole thing was "Well, if we introduce a new character just to have a gay character, then he's just 'the gay character', so this way it's less obtrusive" and he's write, but they never should have announced it before the movie came out or called any attention to it whatsoever because frankly who gives a fuck

no he just sided with Roddenberry's original vision. everyone else sides with him for being gay, and I think he disapproves it's a token gay story, when really, they should have made him gay in movie 1, not 3.

JUST SAYIN.

also of the original cast, sulu is the only one i have a picture with.

>incredibly slight and almost ambiguous reference to homosexuality
>somewhat edgy for a blockbuster
>this movie single-handedly killed future movie installments of Star Trek for a decade or so

Was it worth it, kikes?

He's also a great writer.

fact: they never should have announced it before the movie came out or called any attention to it whatsoever because frankly who gives a fuck

but I think they saw the ratings were going to bomb, so they had no choice. it's sad really.

maybe for a decade or so.

that's nothing new. Star Trek is iron clad. There was no 10 movies planned to come out, just 3.

So it's not like they didn't do the smart thing with the gay character for the new tv series coming out that is SPOILERS:GOING TO DEAL WITH GAY

Like seriously? What were they thinking?

Maybe he was gay all along?!

>There was no 10 movies planned to come out, just 3.
There was a fourth one being planned.

>Star Trek is iron clad.
As far as feature films go, not really.

did you see how bad the first one was? did you see how bad all of them are.

Star Trek started the cult followings. They started sci-fi conventions as we know it. This is model for in which all other fans are based off of that every artists wants to have nor or ever.

>did you see how bad the first one was? did you see how bad all of them are.
I've come to appreciate the original Star Trek more. I'm not sure I would say it's a good movie, or that I even liked it, but it's a well-made movie for it's purpose, and could have been much worse. It surprising only made $385.7 million, which would be very small for a blockbuster these days, but the most recent film made even less than that despite being significantly more expensive.

>Star Trek started the cult followings.
I said "for a decade." It's not in a worse position than it was after Nemesis, but it's not exactly thriving either.

Are you some kid of Trekkie? Read my first comment to see whether you have any good reason to defend Star Trek to me. Paramount could easily say that any future films are too risky and not make some for a while, which is exactly what I'm predicting.

>Only show him side hugging his husband
Why even bother if they don't show a full penetration sex scene?

He was gay in movie 1, though.

To be fair that was a lot more subtle than I expected and it honestly didn't bother me.

No, he wasn't.

M-maybe they're brothers.

That's what I thought.

That was his husband? I seriously thought it was his dad or uncle or some shit.