What the fuck was going on here?

What the fuck was going on here?

Lol surrealism

I watch lots of complex art films like Inception and Fight Club but this one just tries too hard to be deep. All style over substance. I turned it off after 5 minutes.

endless corridors with ornate baroque decorations..

the book is better

It's about death or something

>complex art films like Inception and Fight Club
made me giggle

extremely comfy. The dialogue, the hypnotic rhythm, the lack of drama, the witty pessimism. Just glide through the film and don't worry about anything...

Spike Milligan mentioned watching this film during his military service in North Africa during WW2. He described it as "the kind of film where suddenly! nothing happened, all the time."

study about human consciousness, great film, hiroshima mon amour is even better

Back in my day trolling meant something

I regret watching it when I was a bit sleepy.

>hiroshima mon amour is even better
disagreed. Marienbad is a pleasant and easy watch. Hiroshima is tedious and experimental and self serving. I consider it a failed experiment.

They're not mean to be pleasant films

an inferior version of le proces

Looks interesting, will check it out after I finish the book.

Babby's first "art" cinema.

To extend, I've never felt more dread and horror than during HMA. It was amazing experience.

If it worked for you, than all is well. For me it felt just annoying. For dread and horror there are many films, Turin Horse comes to mind for example.
Anyway, Marienbad is a another matter and delivers a very different experience. And nobody can answer OPs question. The film can be appreciated but not explained.

I think it's a fairly good explanation if you interpret the films to be about our memory and how they make or break us.

what, what book

He was bullshitting if so, it wasn't made until 1961.

It's famous, but that's because it's a masterpiece. Do you go to Cred Forums and post 'Babby's first twentieth-century composer' in threads about Messiaen?

Think Vertigo.

heh

A failed relationship