Is this good?

Is this good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM
youtube.com/watch?v=ybxJ6g5oVgY
youtube.com/watch?v=2MFgxd0_b38
youtube.com/watch?v=kQ0_tk2i2kk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interesting sequel, does a lot of things right. Cool direction for sure.

but its just not funny and so i just felt annoyed the entire time

>Interesting sequel, does a lot of things right. Cool direction for sure.
agree
>but its just not funny
really? i think it's a lot funnier than the first

I guess but i would never want to watch it again.

I guess it is funnier than the first, it is literally Looney Tunes after all. It's just all this outdated humour with all those old references, all that ADHD comedy where they have one basic joke that is barely funny and then do another and another, just that every other show did it too by now.
It's a 60s Bugs Bunny cartoon come to life, with the exact same jokes. That's why I found it so annoying, because it happened over and over again.

I found it as annoying as Indy2 where that blonde girl is screaming 24/7 - which is all the comedy in that film.

eh.
In the end, you don't even have to like the first one to like the sequel. And that's a damn good thing.

COME ON

I think it's great. As a kid I really liked it without even realising it was sending up and making fun and of the first film I loved so much.

Yes, it's better than the first one.

d-did she died?

I haven't watched this shit in ages so I don't know how it holds up, but watching these three clips is really making me want to watch it again.

Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?!?

What are the things in Gremlins called again?

Pure. Unadulterated. Kino

One of the best sequels ever made, it was too meta for its time but watching it again now it's a tour de force.

K I N O
I
N
O

Barbara Cartland

Start spreadin' the news...

Gremlins 1 = Little Shop of Horrors
Gremlins 2 = Muppets Take Manhattan

One of my favorite films of all time, a brilliant and hilarious comedy that is clearly better than the original. 10/10

It's fucking great, I rewatched it just a couple of weeks ago. Lots of little hilarious details, doesn't take itself seriously for shit.

Mogwai

It is - dare I say - better than the first one.

bastards

you should
its not The Thing level, but it holds up pretty and it is quite ___fun___

As a movie, Gremlins 2 is pretty good.

The problem is that it is a sequel, and as a sequel, it deviates too far from the original. When people go to see a sequel, it's because they liked the first one and want to see more of it, so when you don't deliver on that, you fail and your movie fails. Maybe it could have worked if the risks they took paid off, but they really don't.

Oddly, the more cartoonish tone was probably done in response to the original, which people said was too dark for children (which it was), so it's a case of people not really knowing what they wanted.

Never go full autist

i watched it like last year or the year before that, was maybe ten years since i had seen it; it was fucking hilarious and entertaining still

DEVILISH

Fun? Yes. But in no sense, civilized.

So.. do you think there were male and female gremlins, or were they all boys with some who liked to crossdress?

Thanks for the advice.

No

youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM

Well that one took female hormones.....so she was indeed a girl. Probably the only true female, since they appeared to be sex less. They reproduce due to water and not sex. So they probably don't have genders.

it's super comfy and funny. great triva/references throughout. A+

krysten ritter.jpg

yes, its literally vaporwave: the movie

Brain please.
I'd hit it.

I love this.

CIVILISATION! THAT'S WHAT WE WANT!

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

youtube.com/watch?v=ybxJ6g5oVgY

It was fun to watch after 20 years remembering how I was scared shitless when I first saw it. Gremlins spawning gave me nightmares for so long.

posting gremlinscore

youtube.com/watch?v=2MFgxd0_b38

brutal

youtube.com/watch?v=kQ0_tk2i2kk

its strange how different 1 & 2 soundtracks feel