Mfw that scene where Malfoy calls Hermione a mudblood

>mfw that scene where Malfoy calls Hermione a mudblood

>mfw Hermione was black all along and it was all a euphemism

>mfw he actually called her a nigger

So turns out it wasn't a retcon. Based Rowling was just ahead of her time, like all great artists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JXVOYoZuzpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How is racism ahead of its time? that shit is universal

>How is racism ahead of its time?

How is someone being black racist?

>caring this much about a fictional caracter

They could've atleast picked a good looking actress...

Naw it's just Rowling trying to stay relevant after she couldn't write another successful series.

Same reason she said Dunbledoor is gay. There was absolutely nothing to suggest this in the books and it was irrelevant, but she spread it around to get the progressives to love her.

WE WUZ SOCCERERS N SHIEEEET

>SOCCERERS

>hermione described as having long brown hair in the books

how many black people u know who fit that description

Not only that freckles. Which emma has

This is a bait thread who gives a fuck about a play

She's an example of spells blackfiring

yes sure

Hermione's skin color was never specified in the books ;-)

meme magic

SHIEEEEEEET

Well, it wasn't...

And thus a fetish was born

Japs would have known exactly how to portray Hermione here.

I wonder how long it will take for her to backtrack on not writing any more Harry Potter centered stories

yeah but it said she was smart

No, it was when they used her ghostly face as a metaphor. Cause only white people can be ghosts
And things like here There's no way that was to portray Hermione as scared, as a white/pale face description is often used as, no; that was clearly written as a random reference to her skin colour

Hermione IS white and any inference that she isn't is deeply offensive and upsetting

It also said that Harry and the other wizards ran through a brick-pillar at a train station to get to a secret platform. I feel like if you're having trouble acknowledging a smart black person, this series probably isn't for you
:)

>Cause only white people can be ghosts

Black people, like Hufflepuffs, don't have souls so can't become ghosts

Not to mention Rowling's illustrations had her as white, the covers did, and she approved Emma Watson for casting.

I don't even care about a black Hermione on stage, because theater does that all the fucking time, but trying to use it for virtue signalling points is what irritates me.

>Hermetrified

And there's another one

this

Rowling also approved blackgirl for casting and out-right stated she didn't write Hermione with any ethnicity in mind.
I don't give a shit and think it's shallow and sketchy as fuck the blatant way that Rowling is trying to pander to a bunch of twitter SJWs for some weird reason. But it's also a complete non-issue that doesn't deserve any attention

If the film version has all the actors back except Emma Watson, who's replaced with a black actress, then I'll understand the outrage. (Although even then, I hate Emma Watson so much and she can't act, so literally anyone would be better)

:^)

My fiance met the nigger that played hermione.

Wasn't this concept art by Rowling herself clearly showing Hermoine was white?

The whole retcon crap is just her virtue signaling.

yes, its referring to her being scared, but black people can't go white when they're scared or shocked. The expression comes from a white person going pale when they're scared. Asians and arabs you could use the expression for, but not black people unless they're mixed

>black&white sketch
>SEE SHE'S TOTALLY WHITE GUIZE!
did you want Rowling to just make her face pitchblack?

And how would you go about drawing a non-specific-ethnicity character?

>Values being used elsewhere in the picture on people's skin to show shade
>CLEARLY didn't use any on her skin

keep reaching

>And how would you go about drawing a non-specific-ethnicity character?

>wahhhh no one ever draws niggers so I have to whine online about it

LMAO

add nigger nose, nigger lips and a disgusting weave

two hats are black, and their robes

This will be really weird if they get Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint back for the Cursed Child movie, but not Emma. Maybe they can explain it as a spell that went wrong, lol.

She intentionally made herself black to get diversity promoted in the Ministry of Magic

Holy shit...Hermione canged her skin color with magic, but couldn't reverse it.
...Once you go black, you never go back!!

>90+ minutes of all the other characters trying to awkwardly pretend nothing has changed
I'd actually watch that

>non-specific-ethnicity
Are you guys like illiterate or purposely just acting retarded?

I would seriously 100% endorse her being replaced with Daisy Ridley or Sophie Turner or anyone really

Tan person, duh.

But that would imply she wasn't white?

>>non-specific-ethnicity
Why would she do this?

>Rowling...out-right stated she didn't write Hermione with any ethnicity in mind.
>Which is why every picture of her and reference to her color has her as white

But in drawing her like that, she clearly does specify an ethnicity. White facial features, using the same skin tone as other white characters. Jist because Rowling never outright stated she was white, doesn't mean she isn't, when every other bit of evidence points to her being white. I doubt she states Ron is white either, but we can safely assume he is, since there aren't many freckled blue eyed redheads.

*non white freckled blue eyed redheads.

>every picture of her
A single sketch drawn drawn 20 years ago
>reference to her color
None except in an obvious metaphorical way, highlighting her fear

But please, go on about how Rowling talking about a character she invented is a massive insult to you

You're still talking about this? Wasn't this a fucking theatrical play? How does it even relate to Cred Forums?

>I doubt she states Ron is white either
Agree
>but we can safely assume he is
Disagree

It's a fucking fictional book. The characters don't have ethnicities unless it's specifically stated or referenced
Why does this make people so mad?

>highlighting her fear

You should leave the house sometime, you make it very obvious you've never met a black person if you think "turning white with fear" is at all applicable.

>A single sketch drawn drawn 20 years ago
And the book covers.

which weren't drawn by Rowling

>cause black people ain't scared of nothing amirite?

>Disagree
Then you're retarded. When every other physical characteristic of a character points to them being white, you can assume they're white, even if it's not outright stated. Or can you find me a non white redhead with freckles and blue eyes?

QUESTION

Are people upset that Hermione isn't white?
Or are people upset that she's black?

Because they're two separate things but I see people arguing both simultaneously

I mean more black people don't turn pale. Like at all. Which you would know if you've ever interacted with a black person.

You don't get it, it's a fictional book (set in a magical world)
Ron could have fucking purple skin like in Doug for all it matters

Traits that aren't specified or referenced don't exist

>that awkward moment when my best friend is black and has a phobia of snakes and I've literally seen him turn pale when we came across a garden snake one time

Let me guess, my friend isn't really black?

This.

She's just pandering.

Are you retarded? Literally retarded??

You clearly don't study art.

Why do people with no knowledge on a subject so often feel the need to comment on it?

Oh, right. Zipf's Law.

If only it were that simple. I'd be running the IMF right now.

Nobody's upset about either, everyone is just angry at Rowling for being a hack

>Hermione's face, white as the perfect world in which Hitler won and slaughtered all nonwhites and race traitors, was sticking out from behind a tree
what did Rowling mean by this

Gridenwald was right

Nobody but stormfags would care if it hadn't been for Rowling trying to score progressive points

About Hermione you're right, but the story about Dumbledore following his best friends ideas, sending each other letters at night was honestly very homo

I'm sure if Dumbledore was okay with being outed, all the other characters would have known. I don't think it's really fair to out him like that against his wishes.

>the next Harry Potter film will include Colin Farrell and a woman playing a magical prostitute

Can Rowling be stopped?

They don't have computers or cellphones. Sending letters to another guy is perfectly acceptable.

Bump

Not at all. They were two young, extremely intelligent guys trying to contemplate the world around them. They were good friends because only they could match one another in terms of mental ability.

Their relationship was based on knowledge and understanding, not on any emotional connection.

Albus was gay for Gridenwald, but he just used those feelings to keep Dumbledore in the friendzone

You're making such a huge deal about nothing. It's theater.
have you ever been to a play?
Men play women, women play men, blacks play whites and vice versa. It's been that way for a looong time and no one gives a fuck.
As for the people saying she needs to look prettier - Hermione was never intended to be pretty. She had buck teeth and bad hair and was called ugly multiple times.

Say what you will about George Lucas but at least he never made Yoda gay and Leia black.

Prove Yoda isn't gay

Did they ever discuss personal matters? It's mostly about philosophy, politics, "the greater good". Those chapters show that Dumbledore has always been very cold and pragmatic at his core. His warmth is just a front.

He's likely asexual or uninterested in sex either way, in much the same way that Tesla was.

>he never made Yoda gay
youtube.com/watch?v=JXVOYoZuzpA

Lucas never said he was; not implying anything outside of that.

clearly dumbledore is gay

>The way I see it, Yoda is a homosexual. Not in a traditional sense either, I mean he probably never actually had an intercourse, but his anal fixation and wide array of dildoes of various sizes, discovered by Luke on Dagobah in a scene we had to delete, makes it pretty clear he would enjoy that big gungan cock. - George Lucas for Entertainment Weekly, 19th November 1997
get rekt

YADDLE
A
D
D
L
E

>Hermione's face, white as ashes of the six million Jews murdered in Auschwitz
Wow, I didn't know Rowling was so extreme

Dumbledore isn't okay or not okay with being outed because he's a fictional character

>Their relationship was based on knowledge and understanding, not on any emotional connection.
*AND emotional connection
He was obviously emotionally important to him.
Also if Grindelwald was a woman everybody would be quick to assume they had a romantic relationship. But when it's two dudes people be like "good friends no homo" Read between the lines. It obviously wasn't stated but it was implied which is why making Dumbledore gay isn't fishing for credits on jkr's part. Hermione being black wasn't implied that's why there's a difference.

>Dumbledore isn't okay or not okay with being outed because he's a fictional character
Okay, but wouldn't he mind be outed if he were real?

Melanin does not disappear due to fright so yeah thats the only option

He was a pretty reserved person so I guess he liked his closet. Also he probably felt ashamed because his only love interest turned out to be a mass murderer and made him accidentally kill his sister. At 150 years old he could have been asexual for all we know

Exactly. Rowling should have respected this and not reveal he was gay.

No, whites can't have black friends.

But revealing it doesn't hurt Dumbledore because he's fictional. Rowling didn't out him to McGonagall he outed them to us. No connection

>Hermoine's face, white as the flowing sheets of God's own servants, the Ku Klux Klan, peered around the cabin as the Klan strung Boss Nigger Clevon from the old oak tree for staring at the Massahs daughter

Dumbledore isn't fictional to the other Harry Potter characters. Why if they found out he was gay?

Hermione was originally envisioned as a white character (as all the concept art and art approved by JK attests) but her race isn't important to her as a character, so she could be portrayed by a black or Indian or Asian person just as easily.

Rowling shouldn't have lied and tried to play it off like Hermione was always racially ambiguous. She should have just said "her race doesn't matter" and end it there.

And before people reply, no, I don't have a problem with a black character being played by a white actor if the race isn't integral to the character (for instance, the character isn't talking about what it's like to be black in America). At the same time, I also realize that there aren't a whole lot of parts out there for minorities, so I can understand why people get upset over a minority character being portrayed by a white actor (because that's one less part for a minority actor). Personally, though, I'm not too worried about there being "not enough minorities" in Hollywood.

Shhh!
We don't want rational posts, this entire thread is just a series of thinly-veiled b8 posts and raging by autists

Harry was native american. Ron was chinese and so was his whole family. Hagrid had a thick american southern accent. Sirius had PTSD and depression and he was also a japanese dwarf with autism in a wheelchair.

So this is where Rowling needs a PR agent. If she had just said "Live theater often uses people of different races" then we all could have walked past this and no one would have given a shit because it's true. But by going for brownie points and suggesting that Hermione might have been black she's lost the plot and a number of her fans.

Then again I don't give two fuck as long as pure perfect Luna is the same.

It's like when they changed the actress in Beetleborgs with a spell so that we and the other main characters could see a new girl, but it was explained that everyone else in the universe saw her as her old self.

>I've never read a manga with a black character: the posts

that's fucking lame

NO EVERY FEMALE IS EQUAL IN LOOKS, SHUT UP THAT BLACK WOMAN IS JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AS EMMA!!!!! fucking lmao

>manga

she already has, nigger. Cursed child might be a new fucking trilogy, and there's Fantastic Beasts coming soon, with a sequel confirmed for that already as well. The Jew bitch can't let the franchise go, it's too much fucking money. Fucking stupid ugly liberal british bitch.

We're talking about art here. Please refrain from inserting your childish comic books

>with Daisy Ridley or Sophie Turner
FUCKING
KILL
YOURSELF

NORMIE
O
R
M
I
E
GET
ET