So why do people hate this one again?

So why do people hate this one again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dcukDDDhuYk
youtube.com/watch?v=KEHXMTlIJwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nipples

Because muh dark edgy batman. No fun allowed.

I love Seal and the music video to it.

Introducing Robin was unnecessary, Jim Carrey was miscast, and various scenes in the film just don't gel into a cohesive whole. Still a fun movie but very flawed. I like it far more than any of the Nolan films tho

Bat Creditcard

It was the beginning of the end.

Wrong movie.

It has problems. Everything that made B&R terrible is here, albeit in smaller, less concentrated does, but what's interesting (and even good) about it is that it still has some of Burton's dark tone in it that rubbed off from the previous movies. Overall not very good in general but still possibly enjoyable, unlike B&R unless you're retarded.

Jesus Christ you kids haven't even seen these movies.

The Jew faggot Schumacher went too far in a few places.

The nipples are in both movies, dumbass.

I stopped watching it half-way. It's clearly inspired, and there was a unique look to the film that captured the look of the comics very well, but the end result is so ridiculous that you feel embarrassed while watching it. At least that's how I feel now.

Oh right, I saw the poster and immediately thought of batman and robin

Because Miller Bats and things inspired by it had gained more popularity, and campy tv Bats was the thing of your parents.

It's not that bad, but there's no reason to watch it.

Good ideas. bad execution. You may even be tempted to call it kino if nothing else.

Same millenia- I mean people that hate this movie also hate the prequels

>muh tilt the camera angles action
>muh Jim Carrey ruins the movie
>muh Tommy Lee Jones doesn't even wanna be here
>muh it's the car right, chicks dig the car
>muh gay robin o'donnel

good songs tho but Joel Schumacher is cancer

>Good ideas. bad execution.
Or the other way around? The point is to have a colorful, zany, comic book world with comic book villains. Did they achieve that? Mostly. Is that a good idea? Well, if it were it would have been a good film.

Looked to me like the point was to have a good balance between dark and zany. The movie definitely contains both of those, but not in a good balance. Perhaps a good balance of those 2 isn't possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=dcukDDDhuYk

this and this alone

i don't, it's the best Batman movie of them all, perfect amount of campiness for a comic book movie opposed to the sequel that had too much

Val Kilmer is a fantastic Bruce Wayne, displaying his detective skills and intellect

Nicole Kidman is hot as fuck

only downside to it really is Chris O'Donnell as Robin, would be better without him

No, they are not.

SJWs would cause a riot if a big budget movie showed the good guys buying women nowadays

i fapped it to nicole kidman in this a lot

>Looked to me like the point was to have a good balance between dark and zany.
It was? That seems more like the second movie. Everything seemed silly to me.

Robin's nipples are quite prominent in that pic.

Kilmer's batsuit is pretty cool famalams

>it's the best Batman movie of them all,

sorry user, i forgot to write "in my opinion"

Batman's first suit in the movie has them, and Robin's suit literally has them in that very picture.

Wrong movie

You need to watch it again then. Batman Forever has dark in it.

>the bat scene
>the funeral/diary scene
>Riddler freaking the fuck out when batman confronts him after he's defeated
>Two-Face's opening monologue

I didn't watch it the first time. I only watched like half, maybe less.

it's worth watching just for jim carrey and tommy lee jones hamming it up so hard.

>How do you want me to play Two-Face, Mr. Schumacher?
>Just act like the Joker.

>How do you want me to play The Riddler, Mr. Schumacher?

>How do you want me to play Robin, Mr. Schumacher?
>Just take your shirt off.

Then you have no place saying everything in the movie looked zany.

From what I saw, it looked pretty zany. Even if there were dark parts, they were zany dark.

The scene with the bat is just plain dark. The scene at the end where batman confronts the riddler after defeating him strikes me as dark because he appears to have a galaxy bending mental breakdown and shrieks in terror.

You don't have to type Anonymous in the name field.

I don't remember those parts, or didn't see them, but this would add tonal inconsistency to overly exaggerated zaniness.

Now why would you think I'm doing that?

Because I only have names displayed at posts with names, so a post named Anonymous shouldn't have a name attached, but your do.
I am also bored and trying a theory, if I am wrong then whatever.

Because it sucks, like all Batman movies?

Oh, well I have Anonymous in my name field that's uses a single different character from the Anonymous that people use, so that I can archive my posts, or find them in threads.

can someone remove the watermarks on this?

It's "too kiddie and silly (and a little homoerotic)."

People forget that Batman Returns, as good as it was (my favorite Batman next to maybe Mask of the Phantasm), was way too adult for kids. I mean, you had BDSM Catwoman and Penguin biting noses and shit. Parents and McDonalds put the pressure on them, so they had to make the next Batmen more kid friendly.

Honestly, the Schumacher Batmen aren't that bad. They're fun schlock, and you honestly shouldn't take Batman all the seriously.

The only way they "act like the Joker" is by being crazy. Yeah, all of Batman's villains are crazy people. Great insight.

he didn't use that batsuit until near the end of the movie he used this one for most of it

Carrey is literally playing Joker. I don't see the point about Two-Face though.

I like Tommy Lee as Two-Face, although they could have toned down his zaniness for sure and make him more gruff and intimidating.

Definitely a big issue with the movie is that all of the characters act like it's a big joke and they're all in on it, something that was amped up to 11 in Batman & Robin

>first batman line is "ill get drive through"
>shitty costume design
>boring "love triangle" with batman, bruce and chase I mean c'mon
>bruce yelling out that he's batman in front of a bunch of people at the circus
>two-face makeup
>robin calling alfred "al"
>batmobile looks like the penismobile
>robin driving around without a costume pretending he's batman
>Bruce tries the nygmatech thing even though he repeatedly says he thinks its dangerous and could lead to mind manipulation

that's why this movie sucks

>penismobile
It was literally the penismobile in Returns when he broke off the side pieces to fit through that alley

Also Bruce takes the power source out of the Nygmatech machine before he walks into it.

that was using the penile shape practically to get through a small space when it was normal it looked cool Kilmers still looked like a penis

Wrong movie dumbasses

it had nipples see

the nipples were in both movies, dumbass

God damn I love it so much. Thanks for that.

>they'll never have a batmobile that cool again

Why do some people think only B&R had nipples? When did that meme start?

Then why did you act like I was wrong in thinking so?

He was trying to pull a fast one on you.

I wasn't acting like you were wrong, I just wanted to ask without confirming one way or the other.

Because we got two jokers instead of two-face and riddler.

Because a lot of the buffoonery wasn't sanctioned

youtube.com/watch?v=KEHXMTlIJwM

This scene desu. Most retared death

The Riddler's whole character is that he feels as though he's an "unappreciated genius" who is smarter than everyone else. He's one of those people who unironically use the word "sheeple" and brag about their IQ online. His whole motivation is getting revenge on the idiots who ignored him and mocked him. That's not at all like the Joker.

The Joker also reveled in violence. He loved hurting people. Meanwhile, Riddler seemed squeamish around violence, and preferred letting Two-Face do the dirty work than do it himself.

That's not to say there aren't similarities. Riddler and Joker are both zany, over-the-top crazy people. But, again, all of Batman's villains are crazy people. That's sort of the story of Batman: he's a crazy man fighting other crazy men.

Nostalgia Critic in his review of B&R pointed it out, but never said anything about Forever having them too.

COMIC BOOKS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS! FUCK OFF WITH YOUR FUN!!!

>Nostalgia critic

That explains a lot.

I think the movie would have been much better had they cast anyone believable as a smart person for the riddler rather than jim carrey. he single handedly ruins the movie. I love the movie because I am a hardcore batfag, but i honestly like arnold as freeze better and thats saying something

Indeed, Liked that one more than in the dark knight movies.

Not me thats my first capeshit kino vhs as a child , and also Seal is kickass.

This is sweet batsuit no?

>is that a fucking plumbus at the tip?

Keaton's Batmobile is extremely phallic, as evidenced by your picture.

In Batman & Robin, the opening scene has them suiting up, and when it zooms in on their logos, their nipples are standing out and very noticeable. That and the butt zoom in became a complaint about the movie almost immediately.

If Tim Burton's Batman movies had never existed, people probably wouldn't have hated this one as much. If you went straight from Adam West to this one, it would've made more sense. But the tone/look totally changed, and it wasn't even really changed effectively, so the reaction was terrible.

Plus, Jim Carrey was annoying, even by Jim Carrey standards. Tommy Lee Jones was fucking terrible. The movie just had too many damn colors.

To be fair, the animated Batman series and the Batman comics also weren't anything like the Adam West Batman.

Because it makes no sense.

At least Batman and Robin is a simple kind of stupid. It was big and dumb and loud, but you at least understood why the characters do what they do.

Batman Forever is a maze of plotholes and characters contradicting themselves.

The Schumacher Batman films are the result of people (particularly parents and McDonalds) asking for a return to the lighthearted Adam West Batman. Honestly, I feel like they achieve this goal. And, financially, Batman Forever was more successful than its predecessors, even if critics didn't like it.

The bat credit card

Well, it's a shit movie. Not as shit as B&R but pretty shitty as well. Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were really bad in it, and so were Chris O'Donnell and Nicole Kidman. I think only Val Kilmer was ok.

What bat credit card?