mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=bYQ9a0crgAI
youtube.com/watch?v=EKkSWVM5KmM
youtube.com/watch?v=KuE8DXDTYag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's very overrated because muh videogame. Watch Angel Heart instead

Fag

it's the dark version of what dreams may come, if you don't like it, I'm pretty sure you're a tasteless faggot

There's a Jacobs Ladder game?

why do you come here and make stupid threads?

look at how your thread is going, its dead, just like you should be.

Silent Hill

I liked it a lot

it's a decent movie, just don't know why the hell it is considered horror, it's more of a thriller or drama

How stupid is this comparison?

You're an idiot

Not at all, actually. They're thematically comparable.

Silent Hill creators were inspired by the movie, that was the game the other poster was refering to.

Is Danny Aiello in the video game?

why would you wish me death?

agreed

It was the main inspiration for much of Silent Hill. The twitching effect that the black guy has on him in the movie is the main inspiration for the Silent Hill "scare effect" in which frames are cut out of an animation but it is played at the same speed.

Also you need to unlock chained up subway gate in SH3, in Jacob's Ladder there is a chained up gate, Heather in SH3 is heading to Bergen Street, that's where Jacob is going, James Sunderland's jacket in SH2 is taken straight from Jacob, the bad ending of SH1 is taken straight from Jacob's Ladder, James in SH2 has the same initials as Jacob, you find a key in the blue creek building that says "Lyne house key", Lyne being the director of Jacob's Ladder, so on and so forth, there are many more.

It's the main inspiration for Silent Hill, so the comparison is not stupid at all.

t. Silent Hill fag.

I liked it.
I really liked the hospital scene

should I accept my death and move on?

Silent Hill took a lot of inspiration from various films, including Session 9 and Kindergarten Cop.

Aside from the hospital scene, Jacob's Ladder isn't that great.

youtube.com/watch?v=ttcof7TQ-Mw
1:16 for the SH scare effect, also notice
1. The box the enemy is in, which directly inspired the boss of SH2
2. Jacob being taken through a horrific hospital on a stretcher, exact same beginning as SH Homecoming

There's also a Jacob's Ladder poster SH3's texture files, the tipped over wheelchair with a spinning wheel, and of course the whole train sequence in SH3.

shut the fuck up asshole

It only took inspiration from Kindergarten Cop in that the design of some buildings (specifically Midwich Elementary) is based off the school in the movie, even down to the posters.
Session 9 has the exact same wheelchair in lighting as SH3, or should I say SH3 has the same wheelchair as Session 9.
That said, from the beginning the most influential movie on all of Silent Hill has been Jacob's Ladder, more than any other there work except for the "tone" of Stephen King's novels.

I'm not defending the movie, I like it personally but I'm just saying the comparisons are not stupid.

and here's the Session 9 wheelchair.

Silent Hill literally scared the shit out of me. I always played it with lights on and even then I'm still scared.

The synopsis on gamefaqs about Silent Hill fag is still one of my favourite reads up to this day.

It's a scary series- 1 through 4 are some of the best games ever made, especially 1 2 and 3.

The wiki is a good source for general collections of media/pictures, and so on, but you're right to stick with the gamefaqs synopsis- a lot of the shit on the wiki is silliness passed off as fact.

Here are some downloads if anyone wants to play, all safe as I used them all myself.

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

And in case someone's once again new to this PC gaming stuff: Use a program like PowerIso to mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

In Silent Hill 3 the main protagonist lives on Bergen Street. To get there, you have to take a subway filled with spooky shit.

Who cares if that shit game was inspired by Jacob's Ladder.

Why this movie is overrated for a game that came 10 years later?

>shit game
lol

lying figure go back to work get off Cred Forums

It's hugely overrated with an insultingly bad cop-out ending thrown in literally at the last minute.

The hospital scene is disturbing.The surgeon's cold demeanor telling you that you've been dead the whole time, and having to come to grips with that reality.

no

I didn't tell you to watch that. I told you to listen to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=bYQ9a0crgAI

I WANT A CUP THAT OVERFLOWS WITH LOVE
BUT THEN

I GIVE TO YOOOUUUUUUU
REALLY DON'T DESERVE IT
BUT NOWWWWW
THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DOOOO
SO SLEEEEEP
IN YOUR ONLY MEMORY
COME HERE MY DEAREST MOTHER
HERE'S A LULLABY TO CLOSE YOUR EYESSSSSS (GOODBYE)
IT WAS ALWAYS YOU THAT I DESPISED

>Angel Heart
>better than Jacob's Ladder
Yeah, I mean if you enjoy teenage tits and obvious twists..

>all safe as I used them all myself.

Are you trying to trick me?

Nope I will show you.
I promise it's safe, not sure how to prove it to you other wise. Ask for any picture and I'll show it to you, if you want to see the directory of files I can do that too. I just love the games and want to spread them around, and stop people from buying the HD Collection.

>stop people from buying the HD Collection

why?

I love it. One of very few movies that feels like a nightmare

I AM THE THIRD
A MASTER

1. $40 for only the 2nd and 3rd games. Doesn't even include the first
2. The games look worse in many cases- they "cleaned up" the textures to the point where the games lose their grimy, disgusting, and most importantly disturbing vibes.
3. Voice acting replacement for SH3, also for SH2 but in SH2 you have the choice to revert to the originals (Konami refused to pay any royalties and they only included the option because the MC's voice actor rallied all the actors together and got them in for the fans)
4. Several very, very important sound effects are lost. When much of the game is built of symbolism or horror through sound, this is unacceptable.
5. It is beyond buggy because it was built from beta code as Konami lost the complete source code
6. Less costumes in SH3 because of copyright deals that expired
7. In some cases, the replaced voice acting just has the volume on the original voices turned down to the point where you can hear them in the background faintly.
8. Some of the signs have their font changed to comic sans for no reason

Essentially it loses many of the choices the original designers made to what are often considered some of the best games of all time. It's a complete rip off and also
9. Certain music tracks are replaced by inappropriate reprises because they couldn't find the originals.

>thrown in literally at the last minute
how dumb are you?
the whole movie is a buildup to that exact conclusion and there are tons of hints throughout
start thinking before you pour shit from your mouth you bellend

Also the PC versions of 2 and 3 look better than the HD Collection by way of upscaled resolutions and the textures already looking amazing. Some were actually compressed or simply had images taken of them, and then stretched for the HD collection. It's godawful.

No no, I said "Jaco's Bladder."

hate this faggot so goddamn much

movie is good, games are great

underrated

maybe you should stick to rastlin n michel bay movies

I genuinely love this pasta.

>The twitching effect that the black guy has on him in the movie is the main inspiration for the Silent Hill "scare effect" in which frames are cut out of an animation but it is played at the same speed.
Do you have a video showing this effect?

Check for the Jacob's Ladder version and here is SH3's intro scene where you can see the legs twitching in the exact same way:
youtube.com/watch?v=EKkSWVM5KmM
Almost every enemy in every SH game has this twitch to some extent.
I didn't assemble it but I spread it as much as I can.

Thank you very much.

Anytime my dude.

The video is blocked in my country. Do you have another link?

youtube.com/watch?v=KuE8DXDTYag
1:41 in this video

Also blocked. What is the name of the character? So I can google and find it.

For some reason Paramount blocked the hell out of all Jacob's Ladder videos that aren't theirs, I even got a video taken down for having a clip from it once.

I found this though, which is what I was trying to show.

And just for ease, here's Lisa from P.T., cancelled Silent Hills project.

Thank you very much.
That is a really cool effect.

Only a fag wouldn't enjoy teenage tits?