American Horror Story Season 6

Just watched the first couple of episodes.

This format really doesn't fucking work, It's nothing like an actual documentary and it's just irritating. They could have at least hired unknowns for the 'real' people so I don't watch it and think "hey, it's the annoying as fuck mother from True Blood".

>scene happens
>'interview' that explains the previous scene again happens

They could have done Lake Mungo, they could have done it pure found footage, they could have been brave and gone the House of Leaves route but nope, they chose a format that kills the pacing whilst adding nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Js0HgcJC7pw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have to be retarded to not see the "twist" of the camera crew being attacked by real shit coming

>he still watches AHS
>only on season 6 did he realize the show was shit

>Only redeeming feature of the entire show for five fucking seasons has been the opening sequences
>Let's cut them out entirely

BRAVO

opening sequence is for episode 6

What was the last good american horror story season? I made it almost through the asylum one, but as soon as I saw aliens I turned it off.

This season is just bad. I'm still watching out of habit, but I can't see how anyone that hasn't watched AHS before could get into this season.

AMS are usually enjoyable in the first half whilst everything's a mystery. Once shit gets explained the series has a habit of flailing around tying up lose ends in a slow way.

just watch the exorcist series for your horror fix

None of them. The first two seasons were good under the idea that they might get better. They seem to have gotten worse. I don't know, I've only seen Coven and bits and pieces of the rest. I don't think they've learned anything or improved how they tell stories. They never have any bite to them. The first two failed to deliver what they promised and with the third they just stopped trying.

I've watched every single season. There hasn't been an overall good one yet.

This so fucking bad. I have to watch these shits with my gf each season. She always wonders why I don't like them.

not him, but when does it go to shit?
I've already seen 1&2, and I thought they were both pretty good

Same. At least season 5 had lady Gagas ass all over the place

Same here. Aliens and Anne frank and I'm done.

Coven, the third season, was a huge drop off. It's a shittier Harry Potter for tumblrfied teenage girls. There's one episode that even begins to hint at horror, but it's never followed up.

I didn't see any full seasons after Coven. I saw a bit of that one woman with the uncomfortable smile talking about masturbation as a conjoined twin in Freak Show and stopped watching.

S2 was pure kino imo. Very interesting, took a real turn from the first season, everyone gave good performances, and had a great halloween episode Also Adam Levine gets killed in it which was great.

Hmm, yeah I was going to watch it at one point but put it on hold cause that Precious chick was in it.
I'll probably drop it, might as well not taint the memories I already have of it, if it goes to shit.

It's awful. Freakshow and Hotel are glib, but coven is just fucking boring, save for the Axeman arc.

A minotaur appears in one episode. Pretty cool. And then he fingerbangs Precious.

It was absolutely horrendous. I'd watch late series Dexter before watching Coven again.

As terrible as Coven was it was the last "fun"(desu) season. Four, Five and the most recent season are very unwatchable and boring.

If you liked the first two seasons, you'll probably like Hotel.
Skip the rest. Coven is feminist propaganda.

How's Hotel?

>coven
>fun

How? I hate throwing what feels like a straw man out there, but it really was tumblr: the show.

Alright, I'll give that one a try

Tumblr garbage aside, it was fun and entertaining in a really dumb, low iq kind of way. Also had lots of beautiful girls in one show on top of that. That was the hottest Emma Roberts has ever been in recent times.

Awful besides Evan Peters' HH Holmes character. I mean it's REAL bad. To give you perspective, the only good episode is when Dennis O'Hare's tranny character meets up with his previously estranged son and they reconnect.

All the girls killing themselves with magic in the end.

The thing with coven was that once again the scenery was good, casting was good, the main theme and music in general is great, but the writing is awful.
Precious is mad so she burns herself while staring at someone and they get burned. So I understand what she can do, but they decide to have her artlessly scream, "I'm a human voodoo doll, bitch!"
Just sloppy

Coven was an abortion but racist Kathy Bates was great.

It's always amazing how each season has one thing that's perfect mixed in amongst all the retarded bullshit. Still waiting for Roanoke to deliver on that.

The character development and performances in Roanoke is what's driving me to keep watching. They've really gone back to a good story. I'm really waiting for the reveal where the enactment melds with what actually happened, and the whole thing is downplayed as an embelishment then we get the real spoogy story. They've done a good job of "showing" what we normally see on these "my ghost story" shows.

That's what I'm saying though. The "fun" was tumblry, girl power, sassy fun.

Not bashing you, but are you a teenage girl or gay? Because that really seemed like the only group that would love the show.

>coven
>beautiful girls
>emma roberts
>hot
Are you a teenage girl or gay?

This guy gets it

>exorcist series

I would but... Kinda feel like there's only so much you can do with possession stuff.

>there will never be a perfect scene like this anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=Js0HgcJC7pw

> That was the hottest Emma Roberts has ever been in recent times.
She's way hotter in Scream Queens.

No. She looks visibly older.

Is it me or does Kathy Bates produce the worst voice work on tv? This is the second season where she has a horrendous accent, it is all over the place.

I figured the twist was that everyone being interviewed for the documentary actually dies at the end of the story anyway.

are any of the movie based shows from the last few years any good beside Fargo?

this show is really awful. My gay friend's irritating gay roommate watches this shit show all the time while me and my friends hang out. It's visually appealing, but other than that it's shit.

What's the point of those superb intros if nothing in the actual show is anything like them? Has been the case for every season so far although I haven't started 6 yet

coven is worth it just for psycho dom best emma imo

Still hotter.

Bates Motel

>great
Fargo
Ash vs Evil Dead
The Exorcist
>okay
12 Monkeys
Hannibal
>shit
MacGyver
Rush Hour
Minority Report
Limitless
>haven't watched yet
Lethal Weapon

Second season was the best, followed by 1st. Last season had some good parts (mainly the rich director dude, and the serial killer cop). Coven was really bad. The circus ono was kinda meh, having really good characters, but flat arcs.

>a new series
>first few episodes all are people seeing things and no-one believing them

You've done this multiple times now, stop this shit. The audience knows they aren't seeing things, unless you're going to make the character genuinely insane, this is tired as fuck.