Can we all agree that this was the worse portrayal of Joker ever? If not, list a worse one

Can we all agree that this was the worse portrayal of Joker ever? If not, list a worse one.

For starters, it was over-acted to the point of stupidity. Secondly, none of the characteristics of the joker - pranks and silliness. He was just generally over-the-top crazy. Ruined the already shitty film ever furthr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p3pKcRSmw2w
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_SV2y72A7A
youtube.com/watch?v=2rut_-YgJYw
youtube.com/watch?v=pAkL6l4gRTI
youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
youtube.com/watch?v=kyzuzJhzoDc
youtube.com/watch?v=sU8mj9lid0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry wrong pic

>Secondly, none of the characteristics of the joker - pranks and silliness.
The Joker delivers a fruit basket or something saying it is for someone else. Hands it to a guard for him to take care of it. It blows up in his face and kills him.

This was classic Joker.

Did you even watch Suicide Squad?

Also, Jared with the golden AK-47 shooting and laughing was so Joker orientated to me.

He had an animated comic book quality in that scene.

I need the film version where he is firing instead of this laughing gif which wasn't used in the theatrical cut but you get the idea.

>He was just generally over-the-top crazy.
I liked this trait. Jared played a true psychopathic, psychologically deranged person.

Some real crazy people act exactly like Leto's Joker does.

>see webm related

I hope we get to see more of Leto. He needs to deliver more lines or a good script writer needs to give him a good monologue like Ledger had. Leto sadly didn't have that much dialogue to go on in SS.

That never happens

No, they don't. It was so over-the-top you knew he was just trying to outshine Ledger, but it came off contrived and forced.

>That never happens
Jeez watch the movie again. I don't think Joker is the one who hands the basket but it was still Joker's plan.

webm related is the scene

>he was just trying to outshine Ledger
He was nothing like Joker at all.

I loved the strange animal sounds he did during this scene, the moans (again there are psychopaths who do really act like this).

>he was just trying to outshine Ledger
That's Cameron Monaghan. Leto had Grant Morrison to guide him to play the Joker like this.

And don't forget he based his Joker's look off David Bowie

It just wasn't interesting at all and the movie sucked.

Such a shame that we never got Bowie as the Joker

yup. shit tier joker. the laugh he had made me cringe every time. he sounded like the count from sesame street...

youtube.com/watch?v=p3pKcRSmw2w

Leto's laugh was great. Watch the helicopter scene again.

Perfect joker there!

>"oohh there she is... THE FIRE IN MY LOINS. THE ITCH IN MY CROTCH!"

I think the laugh could've been worked on desu. I liked it when he was shooting shit up.

Should've been more like this, then again he used a deeper voice for The Joker.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_SV2y72A7A

Couldn't find a gif without the text of him shooting but yeah here is a second from the shooting scene

Implying this isn't the best live action depiction of joker

youtube.com/watch?v=2rut_-YgJYw

It kinda hard compared to Ledger since this Joker just needs more screen time. SS didnt do him justice.

I loved that little moment.

The performance wasn't what I expected, but I enjoyed it. He was extremely out there and weird, but it worked for me. It really put emphasis on the fact this is isn't a person you can reason with.

I don't fault Leto. I think he did fine. Now, if only his scenes weren't cut in a way where you can't tell what the fuck is going on...

It didn't feel natural at all.
It felt like he was trying too hard.

>SS didnt do him Justice League in theaters 11/17/2017

Wow. Fucking really?

Ledger's Joker: kills a nigger by using the memorable "magic trick"

Nicholson's Joker: Cucks his former boss and then kills him by electrocuting with a hand shock prank

Leto's Joker: Gets on his knees and then BEGS a nigger to fuck his girlfriend in front of him and then just boringly shoots him, no memorable magic trick or toy prank just a boring shot to the head that we cant even see well thanks to the shitty editing

>I liked it when he was shooting shit up
go back to Cred Forums call of duty faggets

At this point even saying that you're retarded for not understanding such a simple scene is redundant.

Who cares?

No one can topple Drew's superb performance.

But that's not Demonic Jay Leno

youtube.com/watch?v=pAkL6l4gRTI

>he doesnt stand in front of the mirror making silly faces

Seek help

Shit bait, Ledger's Joker is far better than Leto's.

your head canon fantasy still doesnt help the fact that Leto Joker is boring and unmemorable and if you take him out of SS nothing changes at all about the movie

Ledger didn't play the Joker.

>the best joker of all time wasn't playing the joker

I fucking hate you twelve year old faggots

Don't mind me, just posting best Joker performance from Drew Russell.

youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM

It was a Nolan original character loosely based on The Joker and adapted for the Nolanverse Bane was too

It was the edgiest "Joker", I concede that.

For all the shit he got for this, he's been a really good sport about it in the comments.

When has the Joker we get have a shit about money. He burned a mountain of it in the dark Knight. Now suddenly its all about the bling, expensive cars, gold chains, gold watches?
He also looks like some fashion fag that cats about his appearance too much. Like he stands in front of a mirror for awhile to get his look right before going out.
Joker and Harley are never like a bonnie and Clyde duo. That was stupid.
Joker actions were never dictated by love.
He was never a romantic like SS portraits him, like his passionate kisses to Harley.
Stupid try hard shit portrayal of Joker. I mean absolute shit.

Joker appears out of nowhere to fuck with Batman and his city because "this city deserves a new kind of criminal" while destroying the mafia

the essense of the Joker was there while Leto is just a boring mob boss in make up hanging out in strip clubs instead of abandoned theme parks and factories

That's cuz he knows not to take the internet, and by extension - life, too seriously

Leto could learn from this kid.

>new kind
>not better kind
Fuck you Cred Forums, just fuck you.

>He also looks like some fashion fag that cats about his appearance too much. Like he stands in front of a mirror for awhile to get his look right before going out.

>I've only seen The Dark Knight: the post
Stop sucking a dead man's dick, user.

Shit b8, Joker is 90% about money in the comics and his character does care enough for Harley to break her out of prison

whatever I changed a word but my point still stands

Great you remember some panel from a comic that you had in the stash ready to go. But you ignore everything else for my post that is totally accurate. Letos Joker was shit. no amount of moving the goal posts is going to make him seem like he was good

>Leto is just a boring mob boss in make up hanging out in strip clubs

And going on joy rides and committing random acts of violence. Yeah, he runs the crime, but it seems like it's more about funding his egotistical, violent lifestyle than turning the profit itself. That's pretty classic Joker.

And personally, I like the idea of a Gotham that got so bad that the fucking Joker is in charge.

>let me take a page out of some garbage comic made in the 70 years that the character exist to prove my point

What moving goalposts? You didn't read a single comic. Every single "point" you made can be refused, you literally base you knowledge of the Joker on Ledger's portrayal.

Again, stop sucking dead man's dick.

>Shit b8, Joker is 90% about money in the comics and his character does care enough for Harley to break her out of prison
this has to be bait nobody is that retarded

So in the comic Joker's actions are dictated by love? He is a hopeless romantic? If you think Joker has a Bonnie and Clyde relationship with Harley then you haven't read the Joker comic in your life.
Stop being a retard user.

>going on joy rides and committing random acts of violence the Joker is not just ramdom violence he is always doing shit to fuck with Batman and the money he gets is always used to fuck with Batman

how can you not undestand a character made for children? are you zack snyder?

>Leto had Grant Morrison to guide him to play the Joker like this.

Grant advised him? Or he read his run on Batman?

fuck I didnt mean the > quoting myself

>nuh uh! My head canon cuck fantasy > your head canon

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.
Jesus Christ.

youtube.com/watch?v=kyzuzJhzoDc

>he is always doing shit to fuck with Batman
Yeah, this Joker isn't about that at all.

You sound like fuckin comic book guy from the simpsons. Get a grip faggot.

head canons aside Leto's Joker is boring as fuck, completely forgetable

>Jared Leto went to the source when he started crafting his version of the Joker in Suicide Squad. Instead of just reading DC comics that feature the classic Batman villain, he called up famed comic book writer Grant Morrison for some insight into the character.

>"It looks quite interesting," Morrison told Comic Heroes magazine, as reported by GamesRadar. "[Leto] called me to talk about his approach to the character and I steered him in a few directions.

Have you ever seen a Charles Manson interview?

when did we see that? why do we have to be told about that instead of you know watching it in a motion picture?

what we got instead was Leto doing jackshit and having no weight in the story at all

> not knowing enough of the Joker to know he never means that shit he says to Harley

Watched Suicide squad last night for the first time.
What a steaming pile of shit.

Its a children's movie.

Ha, I didn't know about this, but from day one I was defending the Leto Joker as clearly being based on Morrison's version.

It was overdone and shit.

>>let me take a page out of some garbage comic to prove my point again

Letos Joker was complete shit no matter how accurate or inaccurate it was to the source material.

>what we got instead was Leto doing jackshit and having no weight in the story at all
Yeah, almost like he wasn't the focus of the story and we haven't really seen enough to be making assumptions in comparison to one other version of a character with dozens upon dozens of interpretations.

>not recognizng sarcasm
Holy fuck.

>all the comics are garbage!!!
>Ledger's version is MUH Joker
Okay.

>people still think ledgers joker was the best one even now, years later

I was sure you idiots would realize after you got over his death, but I guess not.

The only reason Joker was even in Suicide Squad was the same reason Batman was in it. So they can show them on the trailers and commercials to trick people into going to see this shit movie.

To this day I can't even compare Nolan's Joker or Bane cuz they're not even really their comic counterparts.
They are they're own characters loosely based on the comics.
Like what the fuck is up with Bane?
He's not some roided up Luchador on Venom, but what we get is some dude with a weird breathing mask and a bomber jacket who talks funny.
He's just a different person sharing the same name as Bane.
Ledger's Joker is just some crazy guy painting his face wearing a purple suit, no gags or pranks.
His Joker isn't even worth comparing as a Joker to others because he's just his own character.

yeah, it's over the top, forced and super contrived. what don't you get? You really think he's crazy? NO, the dumb nigga is doing it to get attention cuz he's an attention whore.

The Joker is an attention whore.

literally a 1 millisecond scene with dubbed same laughter

The Joker might not be crazy either.

ceaser romero, say what you will but he has literally no characterization, he's just a mexican guy in facepaint

youtube.com/watch?v=sU8mj9lid0s

stop being so fucking autistic.

Not as autistic as the "all the comics are garbage MUH LEDGER" retard.

My final verdict is that Leto acts like shit when he is given to much free reign. That was the issue here, the director didn't tell Leto to pipe down a little bit

Ultimately, it felt more Goth gangster than mentally deranged but charismatic mad man whose after total chaos.

Then again it's suppose to be a different Joker, but even Nicolson, who actually was a gangster in the film, felt like he was closer to what the Joker actually is than Leto

Also,since Batman kills in this universe, then why the fuck is the Joker still alive?

Russell > Leto

why the fuck was he in the movie if he wasnt going to have any weight in the story?

to sell tickets to retards like you I guess

Ur an idiot and wouldn't know natural acting if u watched it 12 times a day

"you and me we are destined to do this forever"
the essense of Ledger Joker was the pic you posted

>instead I'll base my point on a movie version instead

Just as credible as the first one

Lol and yet here we are discussing him for millionth time. Learn what forgettable means

we are only discussing how shit he was

tell me one memorable thing Leto did in the movie?

>Can we all agree that this was the worse portrayal of Joker ever?
I thought he was about the best thing in the film, but I need to qualify that by saying the film was crap. Painful clunky dialogue, CGI over plot, 40 minute introduction of characters... I could go on. It just didn't work.

>forgettable
>you post every day to talk about him
This is not forgetting, user.

So then what do you base it off of if not the source? Are you an idiot? You use one version of the character from a movie as the definitive one..meanwhile any other version presented is reputed with
>its garbage from the comics, I don't like it don't count

Ur a troll. Leto was as much the joker as ledger. Plain and simple. U don't like the version just say that, don't look like an autist and embarrass yourself claiming it isn't true to the character when your pick isn't true either.

>why the fuck was he in the movie if he wasnt going to have any weight in the story?
I said he wasn't the focus. Didn't say he didn't have weight. He was clearly the reason one of the main characters is the way she is. You're aware there can be a point to including a character without them being the central focus, right?

All I'm saying is, don't get mad about the conclusions you've jumped to based on what little you've seen. Especially when it's clear the only other Joker you've seen is the one from the Dark Knight and you can't grasp a version of the character that isn't exactly like that one.

This guy is literally obsessed.

>people talk about Leto's Joker every single day since the movie hit theaters
>yet Leto himself has never even seen his performance on screen

>mfw ppl fail to recognize the real Jokah

Suicide Squad torrent when?

This.

to talk about how shit he was, he did nothing interesting in the movie while people still quote Ledger and Nicholson or remember the pencil magic trick, the bank heist, the museum scene etc

Ledger even won an oscar now that I remember but well even Leo Dicaprio won one so it means nothing

I like all previous Jokers: Romero, Hamill, Nicholson, Ledger

Leto is shit and if you take him out of the movie Harley is still a crazy bitch even her back story was cut short whats the point of including the joker then? go watch Batman TAS Mad Love if you want the best version of HArley origins and a great Joker by Hammil

>Ledger even won an oscar
>posthumous Oscar
>meaning anything

Don't worry the Extended Cut will have the one scene where Joker explains himself to Harley giving them both more character.

We'll have more Leto Joker to judge and more insight on what Harley thinks of him.

On a side note: Anyone have that webm of the cut footage connecting the motorcycle scene together?

>even her back story was cut short whats the point of including the joker then?
What would be the point of calling her Harley?

I also love how you can cite Mad Love, but you were arguing earlier that the Joker never does anything for money. TAS Joker did shit for money all the time. That didn't mean he was all about making money. He just does it to fund his more recreational crimes. He even says as much in the Laughing Fish.

I'm personally interested in the several extra features.

>Task Force X (22:37)
>Chasing the Real (10:00)
>Joker & Harley: The ‘It’ Couple of the Underworld (16:32)
>Squad Strengths and Skills (09:09)
>Armed to the Teeth (11:48)
>This is Gonna Get Loud (10:54)
>The Squad Declassified (04:28)
>Gag Reel (02:22)

Think they'll explain Slipknot more?
Or am I gonna have to wait for this Cut instead?

[Spoiler]kil urself[/Spoiler]

>underutilized

Not only that, Ledger's portrayal was great for the Nolanverse setting, but it was technically the *least* like any comic book depictions if the character. For starters, Ledger's Joker wasn't really crazy. He was a gifted criminal that used the paint and persona as his mask. That's part of why he doesn't even care who the Batman really is. He understands that the man behind the mask isn't anywhere near as important as the mask itself.

>not knowing how to spoiler correct

[spoilers]kill yourself[/spoilers]

ctrl s

What the fuck does Ctrl S do?

Nolan's Joker to me is THE defnitive joker, I don't care if he isn't like the comic book versions... I think it is the essence of the comic book versions, with a nice twist.

That and the batmobile/jokermobile chase scene were the two most Jokerish scenes since the Nicholsons handshake trick.

Straight from the comics and BTAS.

And that's perfectly fine so long as you remain aware of the fact that he's just one interpretation of the character, your favorite, even. Leto's take on it might end up replacing Ledger as mine, by simple virtue of it incorporating more of the madness at his core.

Time will tell.

The costumed henchmen were a nice touch, too. Lots of people laughed at the Bat-henchman when I saw it.

Those The Residents-looking henchs were fucking cool also

ofc the nigger has to be first