ITT: films that are uncomfortable to watch for reasons other than gore or violence

ITT: films that are uncomfortable to watch for reasons other than gore or violence

One of the few movies I've ever had to turn off because of the acting. I can sit through bad acting, Hell I watched the Twilight series and Hunger Games, but this was another level.

It was pretty bad desu even Saoirse was shit in it and seem like she could barely act.

What

gunmo
kids

Sounds like horrible direction and editing mixed with a poor script. Even the best of actors can't beat that.

Couldn't finish it, the first 30 minutes made me nauseous

That seems like the case for this movie.

Also Mysterious Skin made me feel really uncomfortable because of fucked up and clueless JGL character was.

How can Saoïreese give a bad performance?

benny's video
a short film about killing
leaving las vegas

It's about schizophrenia so unsurprisingly it is a difficult watch

wut it about?

Apparently the crew wore hazmat suits while filming Gummo because everything was so filthy, which pissed Korine off so he would show up to set wearing nothing but underwear and flip flops.

You're not missing out on much. There's a character who performs surgery on people to remove worms from inside them and implant them into pigs. He does this so the people become psychically linked with the pigs so when they get sad he can sample the pigs oinking and make electronic music with it.

It's fucking retarded.

John C Reilly was amazing in this though.

>that removing nail scene

more-so than anything else, including extreme gore, nothing makes me more uncomfortable than movies with a lot of scenes with people getting embarrassed, humiliated or put in awkward situations, particularly when it involves romance. Pic Related

Not sure what the entire movie is about, but the movie starts out with a bug that can be ingested and allows it's host to be manipulated entirely without their consent.

A guy does this to a woman and takes everything from her, not rape her, but uses her to take out all of her savings, sell her house and liquidate all her assets and give it to the guy that's doing it, while she's unaware of everything.

It was pretty fucked up.

I'll take shit for it but I can't stand watching any scene where a character gets blamed for something they didn't do. Comical misunderstanding is outright uncomfortable for me. I can't do practically any Ben Stiller movie.

>that pic
was it rape?

I'm usually okay with it, but I hate it so much when they could easily explain everything in like one sentence but they never do.

Which is why I actually like it when it's in a kafkaesque nightmare context. Where the discomfort is intentional, instead of just the result of bad scripting.

Hoffman was GOAT though.

For the other kid yes but for JGL character I think he loved every minute of getting molest. It's probably the main reason why he so messed up.

+1 I watched it with my roomate when we were bored, keks were had, it was THAT bad.

>protagonist can solve all his problems with some simple explanation to other characters
>"lol no, let's make things even worse!"

It was mostly the child molestation storyline that made the movie hard to watch. The rest was standard commercial-grade cringe that we've all seen a million times.

I feel the same way because this has happened to me and it's the worst feeling knowing that at their core people are gullible and don't trust you.

Every fucking time.

It's possibly the worst comedic writing convention. I'd say it's worse than toilet humor.

>people become psychically linked with the pigs so when they get sad he can sample the pigs oinking and make electronic music with it.
wtf

Movies like these should have a trigger warning label on them, desu

this bugs me even when it's not something that simple

because it's not hard to just say something calm and sensible to get someone listening even if it's some crazy shit situation

and the other person never even tries to hear the MC out, even if they saw some huge relationship-ending event they just assume it's what they think it is

I don't think kids like getting molested

even though i loved the show, the first episode of the night of killed me with this kind of thing, is there a name for this? it gave me so much anxiety knwoing that nazir couldv'e done x or y but kept fucking it up

>is there a name for this

Poor Communication Kills

Funniest movie of all time.

You'd be surprised, why do you think so many of them grow up to be molesters themselves? Sharing the joy they remember from childhood

The only scene in Gummo I find hard to watch is the bath scene when he's eating in the tub. It's so disgusting. If it were real cats they killed on screen then I would obviously find the cat killing scenes most uncomfortable.

I genuinely can't watch this movie.