Who's the bigger hack

Who's the bigger hack

Mr Uno Farto

the black guy

Tarantino
Nolan pre inception was solid

Cuckoldino, for sure.

None of them are hacks. I do find them a bit overrated and their fanbases are fucking annoying but they are not hacks. Nolan and Tarantino are both competent directors that have made good films and bad ones. Both these guys have flaws as directors and there are real criticisms for disliking them, but it find it funny how tons of idiots on Cred Forums act as if they know more about their films than the directors themselves. Honestly the major reason these guys are hated here because they're extremely popular

Tarantino

His movies are incredibly pretentious. I can just imagine him smiling smugly as he types away his scripts, thinking his schlock dialogue is genius or something

Tarantino is easily among the most insufferable directors in hollywood, but from both a writing and directing standpoint Nolan isn't even in the same ballpark. His best movies are just barely above average action thrillers, he's like a less good Michael Mann or Michael Scott

Nolan is, and always was a dirty ol' hack. Tarantino is good, no matter your hate.

Name 3 good tarantino flicks. Just 3

Reservoir Dogs 7/10
Pulp Fiction 8/10
Inglorious Basterds 9/10

Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown

>cops are pussies
>blacks are heros
>jews are good

this is the lesson of each of those "flicks"

I can do more.

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill vol 1, Inglorius Basterds, Hateful Eight.

Uh oh we have an upset Drumpfkin on the loose :3

(you) must be fun at parties

>venerating liars and criminals is better than liking Trump

Tarantino isn't a hack, he knows he's making schlock and embraces his genre roots. Nolan is a self-deluded moron who thinks his movies are deep and important

Tarantino because after his best movie Jackie Brown flopped he decided to only make 70s revenge "homages" flicks

>using this generic reddit insult

This, Nolan is eh. His movies are tell don't show garbage.

Inglorious bastards is the worst shit I've ever seen. Gonna have to wait until Dunkirk to see what Nolan thinks about jews

True Romance was the best thing Tarantino was involved with. Why was it so good guys?

One makes films for kids, and Nolan makes kino.

>Christian Slater playing Tarantino's dream-self
>Cast includes Patricia Arquette, Brad Pitt, Dennis Hopper, Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, James Gandolfini, Bronson Pinchot, Samuel L Jackson, Tom Sizemore, Saul Rubinek, Anna Thomson and Chris Penn
>Genres include thriller, drama, romance, action, black comedy
>the Sicilian Scene
>Every character is charming
>Every scene is a stand alone set piece
>Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
>Bonnie and Clyde/Badlands for the 90s pop culture/doom generation
>Main character is heavily influenced by Elvis in a lynch-esque style
>Directed by someone who isn't Tarantino

This is why it was the best

Literally the only movie Tarantino wrote that had soul.

People that think Nolan is a hack are fucking retarded. He has only made one bad movie - The Dark Knight Rises.
He still has the best record of any director ever - all his other films are God-Tier.

>Nolan pre inception was solid
If he had ended his career with Insomnia he'd be revered

>Nolan is a self-deluded moron who thinks his movies are deep and important
When has he said this

Both of them are gonna be seen as classic filmmakers in the future and there's nothing you fat autistic Cred Forumsirgins can do about it

What's the point of the Uma Thurman scene in Pulp Ficton?

It becomes apparaent once you watch amy movie he's made, specially TDK, TDKR, Inception and Interstellar.

(you)

>Inception
>Interstellar
>Good

I can name 8.

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Inglorious Bastards
Django Unchained
Hateful 8

Yeah, but that's not the reason why they're good. Fucking Cred Forumstard...

Good question, perfectly answered. Whattaya know, not everyone here is an idiot after all. I'd have a beer and talk about film with you, user.

>DUDE BEER LMAO
Fuck off

Lol all you did was get his fans to name most his popular movies.

Nolan. Clearly.

Tarantino is a massively pretentious douchebag but I still think he has it in him to make a great and engaging movie. I don't think Nolan can do that.

Literally no one who drinks beer talks like that except frat boys and chads hitting up the bars on the weekends. Kill yourself.

tarantino will never make anything as good as the prestige.

that being said, nolan has made 3 bad movies in a row with the same exact flaws that are generally getting progressively worse. his reach is far beyond his grasp at this point, whereas tarantino is more aware of what he should be doing despite also getting a bit worse.

they're both pretentious pseudo-intellectuals.. nolan more naive, tarantino more insufferable. draw your own conclusions on who's the bigger hack. id say its very, very close.

The key difference between them is style. While Tarantino makes arguably shlockier movies, he still manages to seemingly effortlessly shit out these very entertaining films. It really gives off the idea that he just pulls this shit from the top of his head and he makes it work. Nolan's work feels like he's trying so hard to artificially create a feel of epicness and wow, and he ends up with this weird mish mash of things that work and things that don't. The Dark Knight Rises comes to mind as it feels like he's trying so hard to make Bane work as well as the Joker did before, and failing miserably. Interstellar also had me feeling like he wanted to make an iconic space film like 2001 so bad, but that ending man... In short, whether you like or hate either of their work, I just feel like QT does his movies with a more care-free relaxed atitude, and they feel well-crafted in a more organic way, if that makes sense.

memento and the prestige are both better than any tarantino film other than

nolan

memes

inglourious basterds was great in the theater

i actually agree with you, i saw it in the theater as well

probably my favorite of his because the only two i've seen in theaters are basterds and django

but those movies are still more interesting than anything tarantino did