Recommend German Movies

Give me some good German movies that aren't set during WWII to watch. Have they ever made a good comedy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo0AnR7wlc
youtube.com/watch?v=XyA6nhK8GsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Cuckold

just google al-hayat media and watch their flicks

Manta Manta is kino

>doesn't know about the greatest comedy of all time

>non-WW2

>Good-bye Lenin
>Baader-meinhof
>Das Leben der Anderen
>Lola rennt
>Das weisse Band (probably the goat German film together with "Lives of others")
>M

To be honest Germans dont make good films, because usually most films have a very low budget and are made by the state (which means political agenda > quality).

there is no such thing as a good german movie not set in ww2

we're shit at these kinds of things

Shoe of the Manitu is good. Though it's probably mostly funny to germans.
(T)Raumschiff surprise by the same studio is also pretty funny.

Verrückt nach Fixi is fapbait. Maybe funny, I haven't watched yet. It's about a blow up doll coming to life and being the perfect waifu.

Who am I - Kein System ist sicher is a bretty good movie if you're more into action.

Wetlands, it embodies pure german culture kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo0AnR7wlc

Run Lola Run

classic only-German-movie-Americans-know-about

The only watchable movies are
>Rossini
>Die Apothekerin

This, add victoria, die blechtrommel, mixmäuschenstill and you are pretty set.

Muxmäuschenstill - damn autocorrect

>To be honest Germans dont make good films, because usually most films have a very low budget and are made by the state (which means political agenda > quality).

This is true. State Media has a budget of 8 billion euros and produces 90% trash, propaganda and sports.

Have a look at Tom Tykwer's films.

eg Run Lola Run, The Princess and The Warrior.

If you are fine with old movies, then look at
>Leni Riefenstahl
>Fritz Lang
Both were pioneers of film making for their time.

Leni Riefenstahl made Triumph des Willens, which is an awesome display of propaganda and amazing film making. She couldn't really get any more funding after WW2 for obvious reasons.

Fritz Lang made movies such as Metropolis and M, which are both amazing movies too.

If you want WW2 movies I'd recommend
>Der Untergand - the last days in Hitler's bunker
It tries to be neutral and got shat on in Germany and by a lot of reviewers for making Nazis not look like crazy people, simply because it showed a spectrum ranging from deranged fanatics to reasonable doubters.

>Das Boot
Movie about a German submarine crew set in WW2. Very long movie but worth it. Gives a realistic look at the German navy, who weren't all that fanatic compared to the rest of the German military. The actors were forced to stay indoors for the duration of the shoot so their skin actually turns pale and sickly as the movie progresses to simulate the submarine conditions.

For comedies I'd recommend:
>Goodbye Lenin - a comedy set in communist East Germany during the fall of the Berlin wall

I'd also recommend watching The Dark Valley (Das finstere Tal). It's an Austrian movie and it's basically a Western set in Austria. It's a made for TV production I think so the budget wasn't the best (CGI bloodsplatter), but it's still a good movie.

>comedy

this one is legit funny, but i guess it only works if you saw the tv-series.

youtube.com/watch?v=XyA6nhK8GsM

>Films before the 1990s don't exist

You cucklords know nothing about the cinematic history of Germany. I bet you don't even know who Käutner or Harlan are.

Fassbinder or even Helma-Sanders Brahms you fag

this

german girls are hot and easy

not sure that first part is valid

>Have they ever made a good comedy?
Yes, but I don't think it translates well.

maybe you should visit germany more often

ثرثرة فوق النيل
اب الحديد

forgot pic

kek

cool flying carpet, yusef

nice try faggot

Look Who's Back is best German comedy

Endlisch normaales Kino!