Is Stargate Universe pure kino?

is Stargate Universe pure kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UAgODVbPq78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

killing off sga for sgu and then canceling sgu when it finally had found its identity during s2 was a fucking punch in the face.
fuck you MGM.

SGU was an attempt to turn SG into NBSG by filling the ship full of unlikeable characters and turning off most of the lights. It simultaneously alienated SG fans and failed to bring in new ones because every single character was loathsome and the writing didn't draw people in. It was shit.

GAYS LETS SAVE THE GALACTICA

I would say the main problem was that it was marketed as if it were a fast paced action adventure when in reality it was a relatively patient character drama. Those that wanted that didn't give it a look, and those that didn't were obviously disappointed.

I still found it far superior to Atlantis though. If you got from one to the other the latter feels like super cheap children's show by contrast.

>SGU

Wrong show.... the new show should have been about the "new world", gate/atlantis/ships disclosed and the countries expanding to other worlds.

You can thank the people boycotting SGU because they liked SGA so much by the way even though Atlantis was basically done when they landed on earth.

>the show that killed the franchise
>pure anything but shit

Not at all

youtube.com/watch?v=UAgODVbPq78

I legit loved s1 as a soap opera but after that it finally became sci fi

Yes.

This

First season of Atlantis was good, after that it just became SG-1 all over again, only worse

>I still found it far superior to Atlantis though. If you got from one to the other the latter feels like super cheap children's show by contrast.

If you look at it like that, SG-1 is a super cheap children's show as well.

SGU was too edgy for the old audience to appreciate it.

I think you mean even better.

No. Atlantis was ok but they kept fucking up one roll after another so they kept changing shit

Rodney was the best.

SG-1 was well written and acted though, and other than some of the Jaffa helmets it didn't overstretch with it's production quality. Atlantis by contrast had a plastic-looking set and space vampires running around, with really only one decent character in McKay.

At first I didn't much like it, but by the end of the first season it had grown on me and eventually I wished it didn't stop with season two

He managed to balance likeable and annoying that few manage to make work.

GOOLD?

maybe two seasons of Dark Matter decreased my expectations and that's why i started SGU again (from 115) and it was okay

>not posting the full webm

Holy fucking tits! She made me rock hard in SGU and i loved her character for more than just tits but god damn....fapping incoming

After SG-1 I don't know why anyone would want to continue the series

The trouble is they wanted to burn through fleshing out the characters and get to the good stuff and just assumed that the fanbase was so loyal that they'd put up with that, which they didn't. If the entire show had been like season two and the back half of season one then it would probably have got it's third season.

What were they thinking?

The only exciting things I remember from SGU were the unknown drones that have been fucking shit up and the blue aliens who did some experiment with that slut.

The rest can safely be tossed into the trash.

It's actually exactly the sort of plot device that you'd use to explore the human condition in hard science fiction. The problem is they never really committed to that and they were little more than a gimmick that did more to spoil the sense of isolation on the ship than anything else.

When I get promised a show in which a randomly assembled group of people get stranded in a spaceship billions of light years from home (much farther than anything the franchise has ever traveled to before) then I don't take kindly to anything that has me revisit the same old, uninteresting Earth settings and makeshift sob stories left there every fucking episode in and out.

Fuck SGU.

Alaina Huffman would have been goddess tier if she wasn't a mudshark.