Simpson jokes you never got

>Simpson jokes you never got

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2eud_tEIj8
youtu.be/zXPHdAtkEMQ?t=47s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is Sherri and Terri's father black?

Were the Simpsons already promoting interracial families in the first season?

DELET THIS

Don't worry he was probably whitewashed later on just like smithers

Brown ink is cheaper that yellow ink, that's why a lot of minor characters were brown in the early episodes

Obviously the girls are his wife's

What was the joke here?

The Simpsons are at a 50's cafe and there's a dance contest so Homer throws Marge through the ceiling and Marge walks back in going "Ooh, a 50's nostalgia cafe"

youtube.com/watch?v=J2eud_tEIj8

I don't get this one.

Marge is boring and stays at home so much that she has no frame of reference for interesting things and thinks potatoes are interesting enough for bart to bring to show and tell.

I assume she hit the ground and lost her memory, walked in, and reacted like it was her first time there. I don't know if that's what it supposed to be, but that's a pretty weak joke if I interpreted it correctly.

That's all I can think of as well. It's Season 11 so the standard is a bit lower

You're waiting desperately to post Feed and Seed aren't you OP.

The reason people don't get the jokes is usually autism.

...or the joke makes no sense.
Or the joke is weak, too complicated, not paced correctly, outdated, or just not funny.

Is this your first day on 4chin?

the joke here is as follows. bart (the spiky haired yellow kid) is a ten year old boy who is in elementary school. American elementary schools have certain activities they encourage children to partake in, to encourage self-learning and other useful skills. One such activity is the all-too-well-known show and tell, where children use their creativity and knowledge to come up with an interesting (scientific) display, often aided in part by parents because of hazardous materials or generally goodwill on the parents part. Bart however, being an especially lazy and unmotivated child, as evidenced by much of the shows jokes involving him, does not put too much work into educational tasks, which causes him to be without an object of interest only moments before departing for school. Bart's mother, Marjorie (often shortened to Marge, the yellow woman with the towering blue hairdo), is eager to help her troubled son, and by that enables him to continue his nonchalant lifestyle. She is however, a very dull and unimaginative woman, being bound by an oppressive homemaker lifestyle. As such, being devoid of personal character and displaying her insipidness without shame, she clearly finds joy and inspiration in very banal things, in this case a potato. Bart's remark informs us that this isn't the first time his mother suggested, rather ridiculously, he brought a potato to school, not realizing that actual human beings with lives that evolve outside the confines of a regular household see potatoes as exceedingly trivial foodstuff, whereas she probably would have hours of stories to tell of her exploits with the starch-laden root.

or at least that's what i got out of it lol

I felt like it was supposed to be more surreal than that, but it definitely lacked some kind of foundation for the joke.

why did he punch him?

He is tan

How is that a joke? You can make anything interesting, as long as you know what you are talking about, if you are going to talk about potatoes, then do some real research on potatoes and blow away the public. This is just an example of how lazy and shitty the writers of the Simpsons are, they just cater to the low denomination by trying to pass as edgy and trendy, but in reality they are as soulless as their audience.

>Bart is a fairly common name, while "Bort" is essentially unheard of. The joke is that Bart (much like the audience) is surprised to find this ludicrous name fully stocked...only to meet 2 Borts in rapid succession after questioning the legitimacy of the name.

He's excessively tan while his kids are extremely pale, the dichotomy is the joke.

It's an attempt at surrealist humor, he throws her off-panel and when she returns she appears to have no recollection of being there.

Smithers was whitewashed, just as the judge was black faced. The producers wanted to avoid having a black subservient character in Smithers.

Marge is a very boring housewife, so much in fact that she finds something as innocuous as a potato to be interesting.

It was intensely hot in Springfield, causing agitation amongst its residents. The guitarist made a poor choice of song, given the heatwave, and was punched in frustration.

In every instance the humor is relatively straight forward...
you could argue that the effectiveness of the humor is limited (as humor is subjective) but if you don't "get" the jokes I suspect you may be on the spectrum.

I think they're just making fun of the line itself, like pointing out that it would be a stereotypical thing for the character to say.

I don't get it

laughed harder than I expected

why is carl in the band twice?

It's a parody of 90's grunge bands, specifically Nirvana.

It's Carl and Lou the cop

Why was Homer campaigning on a platform of avoiding responsibility? No one would vote for such a terrible platform. I found it hard to suspend my disbelief for the rest of the episode but I feel like there's some metaphor at play here that I didn't infer from the script. And film majors that can help me out here? Is it a reference?

What season is this?

season 9 Trash of the Titans

Makes sense now

Here's a (you) for the effort

>Why was Homer campaigning on a platform of avoiding responsibility? No one would vote for such a terrible platform.

Hey, it works for the Democrats every election cycle, doesn't it?

It's just a politician pandering to the lowest common denominator...happens all the time.

When you want college-age people you promise to pay their tuition. When you want religious people you claim Jesus is on your side because of your untouchable morals. When you want minorities you promise more money for after school programs. When you want rich people you promise tax cuts. When you want the poor vote you promise to stick it to the rich. When you want racists you claim to build a wall. When you are a mercurial establishment career politician fuck-face you claim whatever your target wants to hear.

Homer knows Springfield is lazy, so he promises to do their chores for them.

>When you want racists you claim to build a wall.

There is nothing racist about wanting to secure your borders.

Read it in Stefan Molyneax's voice.

I agree, if people can't respect the sovereignty of their neighboring countries than further measure are required.

I just felt like the majority of this board would take issue with that statement, so I buried it to avoid arguments...didn't seem like the thread to get into this. Thought it best to just poke fun at both sides.

Cause thats what you do to smelly peace loving hippies!!

+1

+1

Never understood this episode desu senpai youtu.be/zXPHdAtkEMQ?t=47s

Go back to r/potatoes