POWER RANGERS

wtf i'm kinda interested in the movie now?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cROqKs-2dis
youtube.com/watch?v=7Wt6XlVob_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm still not. If it makes you happy, please enjoy. But it will probably be Bay Transformers/TMNT-tier underwhelming without the nostalgia goggles.

interested me

Well shit. That doesn't look that bad.

Yeah, because MMPR was known for it's Shakespearean writing
Shut your faggot mouth

>Pacific Rim with Megazord's and shit
>Top tier action scenes
>Bulk and Skull cameo
>Mighty Morphin theme plays during final showdown
youtube.com/watch?v=cROqKs-2dis
>Rita Repulsa does a ridiculous laugh
>Lord Zedd secondary villian

They can't fuck this up, it's too simple.

>sabanshit

You just know the final scene is going to be Zordon giving them access or informing them of the Megazord to fuck some shit up, it's going to put itself together and that electric guitar is going to start playing.
I will cum fucking buckets

This actually looks good.

But trailers mean shit. Look at BvS or Suicide Squad.

kinda disappointed they didn't include jdf (that we know of). I mean sentai will always live on but state-side he does so much free pr for saban just by being him.. at least give him a walk on.

The tone of that trailer is all over the fucking place.

Does it want to be dark and gritty or a fun joke filled adventure? It needs to decide.

>we live in an age of HDR
>all major movies have decided to drain most of the colour from them

Can this trend please stop...

Yeah, and the least Lionsgate could do is improve on some of that shit. But they won't, so you shut your faggto mouth.

Will they even have the robots in this?

Where is the white ranger?

can't wait for Ivan ooze.

UH-OH WE'RE IN TROUBLE. SOMETHINGS COME ALONG IT'S BURST OUR BUBBLE

that will be the post-credits scene.

>I didn't watch power rangers

Then why are you even in this thread?

this looks terrible, and i was hoping to watch a movie this decade..

I remember reading they offered him a cameo, but he refused because he insisted on playing Tommy, and the studio wants a new teenage-appropriate Tommy eventually.

>wtf i'm kinda interested in the movie now?

That's because you are a fucking retard

>he wants to watch a movie about people in costumes fighting ayy lmaos with giant robots to have a deep story
Literally kysmm

you know is a shill thread when they talk good about a generic stupid remake with cliches everywhere.
it is like they copy paste the same script every fucking time.

I'm unironically somewhat hype

understandable but still.. I can see his point seeing as how they pretty much let him until this.

5 cents have been deposited into you account, good work!

Yes.

Get out NTR freak

It just makes me think of Trankt4stic. Though I doubt it could realistically be that bad--that one was a truly special kind of disaster--making a "darker" and "grittier" interpretation of a property that's inherently not dark and gritty seems like the most misguided direction possible.

Either embrace the goofy shit, or commit to full edgelord tier like Adi Shankar's POWER/RANGERS did. At least that was so in your face grimdark it was funny.

I'll end up watching it. The music seems nice.

I'm still triggered by them not wearing their ranger colors in their normal clothes

I need to come up with an excuse now to see this alone because I doubt I know anyone else who loves power rangers

he's the red one.

movies always do this shit haha they never commit so it just ends up being shitty for everybody. I love X-Men but apocalypse comes to mind.

The first half of the trailer looked kinda interesting, but the second half where they show the action looks kinda lame

im only watching it for becky g and that thicc azn

have you not watched a movie alone before? besides what the movie is, everytime I told someone to try it they loved it.

The movie is not supposed to be dark and gritty, though. It's darker than the original show, but the director says the tone is close to The Avengers which was overall lighthearted and quippy.

Thought I don't doubt the marketing will push the dark and gritty aspect to gather some credibility for the movie.

Yes I have but this time there will be lots of kids

I'll feel kinda weird this time. I also really wanted to watch angry birds but I knew there'd be too many moms and kids

How much money do you think this movie will lose?

keep in mind it had a budget of 150$ million.

I don't think it will pass 50$million domestic. Maybe 100$million worldwide.

I have a small bit of morbid curiosity and I'll watch it online with dirt low expectations. If we get Pacific Rim tier monster fights and some guitar riffs I'll be entertained enough I suppose.

bahaha just go in the morning? I saw apocalypse opening morning and there like 10 ppl there.

Huh

Smart. Thanks user.

Nah it'll earn 100 mil minimum just from nostalgia and the fact that it looks decent

The producers said that they tried to make this movie equal parts The Breakfast Club, and Spider-Man.

I think that sounds pretty damn good.

It'll be a moderate hit. $450 million worldwide. Maybe even $500 million.

were they fucking on the side?

Suicide Squad all over again

who is this qt?

Just picked up btw.. do not steal

I don't think that nostalgia will come out as ticket sales though.

I used to love the power rangers growing up, like most boys did I assume, but I have zero interest in seeing a movie about them now that I'm an adult. I think most people who grew up with power rangers would feel the same way

>Spider-Man

I like this. "Spider-Man" and "Iron Man" are the golden standards for superhero origin movies for me.

no worries user. I used to love midnight showings until it became the cool thing to do. so now I go in mornings hah.

Literally every single friend I grew up with that watched MMPR wants to watch this
Fuck my middle school class is having a bullshit mini reunion watching this and there's 87 people attending that.

>Fuck my middle school class is having a bullshit mini reunion watching this and there's 87 people attending that.

This might be the saddest thing I've ever read

>I'm still triggered by them not wearing their ranger colors in their normal clothes

They do.

NOSTALGIA FEELS BETTER THAN THIS "MOVIE" MAY BE.

Get the fuck outta here

Why exactly?
Were you the trench coat kid growing up? You have to be king of spergs to not connect with people with how social media is today.

>Transformers
Never liked them in the first place, and didn't care for the movies, either.

>TMNT
Loved them as a kid and the new movies were good.

As for Power Rangers, liked it as a kid, and this movie looks like it'll be good, so I think it will be for me.

If you have to ask why 87 people attending a middle school class reunion and watching a power rangers movie is pathetic, than there is no hope for you.

2kool4skool in the house yo. watch out fun and social interaction, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is autismo-user

You're right man. Fuck that guy. This is your boy from middleschool. Remember how we used to trade pokemon near the dumpsters? Let's get the scooby gang back together and watch Spongebob again. It'll be a blast.

still think tmnt is terrible but not because they're not the original turtles (how cool would that be). I think it could have been done better but their target demographic isn't that hard to please w/e

This legit sounds like fun if you add all the qt 3.14s and alchohol into the mix.

Some of them cute? willing to take some cum?

What's with the generic female vocals version of Johnny Cash?

87 adults that knew each other as kids watching a movie based on something they grew up on is sad? Lmao
You're legitimately a fucking sperg and probably didn't have the chance to make friends growing up so the concept it alien to you

I really hope she's supposed to be the former Green Ranger

Do you think it would be normal for 87 adults to go watch a Rugrats movie too?

The nerdy girls are cute and the stacys are busted up
We're all doing our own shit though
Everyone is married or has a family

posting in a shill thread

The original Power Rangers movie didn't even make 100 million and that was made in the 90s when power rangers fever was still alive and well.

If they were really into the rugrats yeah, can you point out what the problem would be?
Are you the standard setter? Do you decide what adults can and can't enjoy?

That's not how it works you idiot...

She is. The green coin in her staff is the same as the main 5's power coins.

taco yellow ranger has some nice titties.

also I completely forgot about the martial arts aspect until pink did the karate fight pose.

what does that even mean

Shes also literally in a broken green ranger suit too! You can find pics of her brown normal outfit which the suit morphs into the braids n such

>negro doing the look at my bbc pose

WOW THE JEWS AMIRIGHT GOYS?

the wonky helmets ruin the suits.

to much grey mouth.

Breakfast club meets Chronicle.

That little grey mouth always freaks me out.

She will likely be the green ranger and turn good, and Tommy will be introduced later and be the White Ranger making it a 7 man team.

No. Its Rita. She will lose the power coin when getting defeated by the rangers in this film and likely is found by some random dude in the stinger

>blackc is blue
>yellow is black
das raycees yo

Yellow is a latina

WTF is this X-men now? Wow this looks so fucking bad.

black guy is a blue ranger
asian guy is a black ranger
are you dumb on purpose?

>yfw they do a shitty remix of the theme instead

>Calling me dumb when you can't be assed to differentiate between ranger color and racial color.

The original plot of Tommy being corrupted, using the corrupted power for good and then cleansing himself, thus becoming white ranger, is much better

It makes more sense that a green ranger exists because all her colors are green and he comes from her power, not from Zordon's

>there is ethnicity associated with blue
yeah that one might have confused you and fail to see the pattern

If they don't shout MORPHING TIME every time they transform i will fucking leave the theater

Keep getting triggered. It amuses me.

I don't want it to be true, I don't think it will happen
Deep down though I know it will be though
Probably some dubstep remix shit
You just ruined my day m8

Still don't like the suits but not gonna lie: The trailer got me interested.

>Best rangers reporting in.

>die ugly loser
>not ugly at all

not official dumbass

>Those overdesigned suits.

Why does Hollywood keep doing this these days? Everything is overdesigned and has this "organic" look to it.

Just take the originals and put some armour on them or something. These redesigns look like generic video game shit.

So many dutch angles (tilted cameras)

Worse, it will be a cover done by some shitty numetal band

He's pretty ugly even for black standards

Chronicle + 1st Spider Man + The Breakfast Club

lame as shit

also Billy appears to be autistic, and is Kimberly a dyke?

>this trailer actually made people interested

It looks like Fantastic Flop fell into a vat of nostalgia pandering

Breakfast Club meets Chronicle aka SHIT

>and is Kimberly a dyke?
She's making out with Jason right there in the trailer.

>TFW Fans do better designs than the films.

Looks ok.
>Black guy is the blue ranger
What did they mean by this?

It's capeshit, user. It doesn't take much. Capeshit with teen protags, at that.
If you follow a tried and true formula you can make a satisfying if not great story.

There have been several black Blue Rangers.

well, at least the female rangers are top tier qts

Billy is now a black nerd and Zack is a hip hop Asian? They still sound like stereotypes just newer ones.

These are all named after the characters in the original series though.

Why are the Power Rangers so fucking edgy now?

Billy has OCD in the movie.

Looks fun. Don't know if it actually will be. It'll almost assuredly flop though

>Billy appears to be autistic
>the loser nerd is weird and unappealing to the general audience

Oh my.

They are actually teenagers with attitude now.

I don't think that really meshes with Power Rangers

>It's a "dark and edgy" retelling of a franchise

Will this ever end? I'm very sick of it

>budget is actually $150m
>1-1.5x that in advertising

did they really make a power rangers movie that'll need to do more than $500m to break even?

nothing in that trailer screamed $150m

The suit for the fucking Max Steel movie looks way better than anything else in the past decade. The RObocop reboot suit looked okay too, but just not for Robocop

I'll take it over five pro-health nerds who can do no wrong.

>five pro-health nerds who can do no wrong

This actually sounds more interesting than the millionth retelling of an edgy hardcore highschool drama. Shits been done soooo much

Look up the original opening for mmpr. "Teenagers with attitude" was zordon's only criteria.

Watch a MMPR episode to convince yourself it isn't.

I don't know, a few months ago, around the time he talked about cameos and all sorts of shit he grew his hair back out to be long again. He never gave a reason for it, he also stayed clean shaven too. Now he is back to short hair with some shadow.

I figure he did film something. I usually keep up with his videos and whatnot, he didn't really post anything during that time, regarding projects.

Goddamn she looks so fucking close Amy Jo Johnson in the first season.

Yeah seems pretty cool
It seems from the trailer that it has a lot of scenes before they actually morph
Funny there were no scenes with the zords. My guess is they will be keeping those under wraps for now.

I get that they don't want to spoil the movie, but damn give us something
>Morphing
>Zordon
>Puddies
>Zords
>Random monster
>Martial arts with sparks

This was supposed to be a teaser and they're still awhile off from release

ooollool ooollool oolololll

If you want the rangers to look like Zed's kids then yeah sure

>Get "upgrade"
>Add a instant kill me button to the chest

rita got the coin from killing him haha.

If I had gone into that blind I would not have even figured out that it was a power rangers trailer. It looks really melodrama and doesnt look like it will be goofy at all.

Does anyone know the Japanese reaction to the trailer? I'm curious.

>Chronicle + 1st Spider Man + The Breakfast Club
>lame as shit

But those 3 are fantastic movies.

t. first year film student who just learned about camera movements and positions

Why should we care what Japan thinks?

>high school kids get super powers

this movie is as formulaic as it gets.

I'm just curious, since their version is so different and that's were it started. I can at least understand how this movie happened knowing Power Rangers, but I image to someone who's only ever seen Super Sentai this is so completely off base that it would seem like edgy parody like that fan film a few years ago.

>that's where it started

Sorry, Power Rangers is an American show.

I hate how they're going all MTV with the non-ranger drama.

>bunch of outcasts that meet in detention
>the popular girl is now being teased by the real popular girl omg bullying :(
>the black guy is a black nerd that gets picked on too and is probably gay
>the red guy is a washed up chad who gets in a drunk driving accident and messes up his football career and defends the black gay nerd for no real reason other than the movie needs him to be the stoic leader
>the blue guy is silent asian badass exchange student
>the yellow girl is a zesty mexican who don't take no shit and hates the po po

She is, the green power coin is even embedded into her staff.

Your post literally means nothing. Are you trying to make a point?

Looks better than what i grew up with.

>defends the black gay nerd for no real reason

People need reasons to help people in need? I defended people from bullying several times in high school.

>combining good things always leads to more good things

shut your mouth numale

i love the obvious shilling of this movie

its literally the same thing every time
same teaser link, same promotional photos, same shitty remarks about how it looks like it will be good when it wont

>hating on based Ivan Ooze

Litruly Kill You'reself, My Man

No capital, no period, you still like Ivan Ooze, and I'm the numale?

This is why Hiro needs to clamp the fuck down and force these faggots to go through him if they want to hawk their shit under the guise of legitimate discussion. These shills are potential revenue streams. Right now they can just get a couple of interns with VPNs and act as hundreds of posters to marketeer their shit, FOR FREE.

What Hiro needs to do is aggressively crack down on unauthorized advertising and instead offer 'advertising slots' to companies with shit to market. They get mod-free advertising time (potentially being able to moderate their own threads), site bills get paid, and the status quo is basically maintained. The shills aren't going anywhere, you literally cannot stop marketeers from shillposting, might as well get paid for it.

>make jew joke
>get post deleted
>probably banned

Then stop being a shitposter.

I will kill myself if the original e-guitar theme doesn't kick in at some point. I hope it isn't some kind of gay dubstep/electro dogshit remix.

Considering they still use it in the show it's all but guaranteed.

>Stop liking what I don't like

Kek

Don't why I laughed so hard at this. Even as a kid I thought that was a pretty serious design flaw tho

Just drop the name and the suits and you got a pretty good plot.

This seems more like Dino Thunder than MMPR
>Red is a jock that gets in trouble with authority
>Blue is an awkward black nerd
>Yellow is a loner
>Get sent to detention
>accidentally stumble upon crystal artifacts that give them powers, including outside their suits
>Rita's way of speaking kinda sounds like mesogog, and her outfit/hair is somewhat like Elsa

>open video
>ok this looks interesting
>Lorde starts playing
for fuck's sake, can we have a trailer that doesn't use the slow somber female vocals for once?

Can't wait till the 3rd on comes out!

How? The only enjoyment that came out of Power Rangers was how goofy it was trying to be cool with frantic ADHD pacing. This shit just looks like a really generic superhero movie with the Power Rangers name slapped on top making it a bastardization of a bastardization.

>tfw hornswaggled by the jewish conspiracy again.

Aren't kaiju battles and guitar riffs all you can really ask for from Power Rangers?

thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Wt6XlVob_E

Well yeah, that and overly dramatic poses and showers of sparks.

>cutting off your hair in a dramatic moment

aaaand dropped

I'll be interested when I hear the power metal theme. Not before.

>ive killed rangers before

she killed the green ranger bro

the only thing I dislike is the blue energy doesn't contrast all the suits. The energy should be of a colour that contrasts the suit colours and a few of the helmet visor shapes could be better.

>TFW there will never be a conclusion to Dinaranger.
>Never got to see the Ultimate Zofa form
>Literally ended on a cliffhanger.

my concern with this movie is that it's going to be like 80% backstory, teen drama origin, stuff, and then in the final 15 minutes they'll finally suit up, meet zordon and then start doing cool shit.

I might be wrong, who knows. But I would prefer that they get their powers quick and done with, and then spend the rest of the movie doing interesting stuff.

Worse case scenario they "save the day" as themselves, and finally become power rangers right at the end for a setup for a sequel, which means they'd have wasted an entire movie not doing any thing power rangers.

I can't believe her drama was being called ugly and bullied by less hot girls. That shit doesn't make sense.

Thats cause we didn't see any giant monsters/Zords in the trailer, famalamadingdong.

What happened to that anyway? Writer just said fuck it?

So sad a team of professional Hollywood concept artists and costume designers have been beaten by some random guy somewhere.

Kimberly isn't wearing pink and negro's jacket is "blue" but it's so dark it doesn't count. It's basically black.

worse, it'll be nickelback

It looks legitimately like shit and I won't be surprised when it bombs.
Movies like this are the problem. They take something that is for children and make it awful by making it grounded, realistic, gritty and edgy.
This is something that should be fun, silly and self-aware.

Do you fuck yourself often?

why is everything so grimdark fuck this shit