This guy is a robot

This guy is a robot.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/westworld-logistical-questions-answered/
youtube.com/watch?v=B6Z__wbpDa4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States#/media/File:Most_common_ancestries_in_the_United_States.svg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No he fucking isn't, moron.

nope

>It's a "everyone is a robot" thread

They called him a guest in ep 2

He's gonna be Hopkins' brother or something.

The little robot boy said "Tony isn't going to believe this" right as Hopkins turned him off. I think that's going to be the Man in Black.

Is this guy the ultimate weeb?

Obsessing over some vidya to this degree?

What we know:

>Hes been coming to West world for 30 years
>He was "born there"
>He knows every character well
>Hes a textbook sociopath
>Hes driven or motivated by an obsession
>He cannot be killed by the hosts

He probably isnt.

Yes, a special android like Mr Ford

created to oversee the system and perform reboot when he realizes critical failures

>Can't be hurt by the hosts
>Is literally called a guest in episode 2
Yeah, he is a robot for sure.

you don't know what a weeb is, do you?

That doesn't mean anything. Maybe robots can be
guests and get guest status. So he can't be killed.

So, I've only seen the first, but why couldn't James Marsden hurt him? Is he a host too?

Why does he hurt Dolores? He's been doing it for 30 years, why hasn't he gotten bored of her?

>the moment he casually said hello to dolores and dragged her to the barn for a little forcey fun time
muh dick was diamond hard.

If westworld was real i would just go around inseminating every qt just so the technicians would have to clean my spunk before resetting it.

Every piece of evidence points to this simply not being the case. Why are you retards pushing for this so hard?

She is the oldest host. She had several bodies over the years. Maybe that's why he is interested in her. He asked her questions when he raped her.

Hes just another platinum trophy nerd

>yfw the finale reveal is that Westworld is a simulation within a simulation and they're all living in a virtual reality. This old fuck has been visiting the Westworld simulation for so long, he has started seeing recurring patterns or "seams" within the "real" world as well

A twist only works when no clue points in that direction.

Who's hoping for spin-offs? Rome? Pirates? Medieval?

Why is he so nice? Why is he even in Westworld if he won't fuck the whores?

He is grinding for an epic to drop

Because his friend dragged him. What ended up happening with him at the end of the episode, is instead of lusting over whores he ended up falling in love with the girl.

His buddy convinced him to go? It's not complicated.

He doesn't know how to have fun. Robots are people too.

I don't think he is going to stay nice

>Cred Forums can't even understand the most basic and trite of themes

Do you think hooker #2 is going to be relevant or not?

he's a westaboo

Yeah. A character calling him a guest doesn't "mean anything" but your asspull theory does.

>The call everyone guest who is from outside
>There are bots outside

They bait-and-switch all the time.

>Maybe robots can be guests and get guest status
You can't be serious.

Tell me why this is impossible?

Why don't you prove how it's possible without literal guesswork? We have absolutely no reason to think machines exist outside of west world. If they did why would the guests be so thrown off by them when they first arrive? The show has straight up told you that mib is a guest and you're still keen on the mental gymnastics.

>We have absolutely no reason to think machines exist outside of west world.

The blonde woman at the start of the 2nd episode.

Its cause he only fucks family, ill go back to redit now.

How do they clean the robopussies?

What if the Man in Black was originally a host who earned the right to be a guest somehow. You know their going to asspull some shit. Don't act as if movies and shows don't do this sort of thing.

Guest doesn't mean human. It means guest. It means they're not part of the narrative. It means they're not scripted.

Bernard is my guess for robot. That or the brunette behavior analyst.

HBO doesn't do spin offs or Eric & Pam would have happened immediately.

I haven't watched the show yet.

Is it like the film though where the guns can't be physically fired at guests because it has some sort of thermal sensor? Guest can't kill other guests nor can the robots, with the exception of Yuel Brenner.

Bullets don't damage him so it's probably not the case. Unless he's some next level tier antagonist that's there for advanced players to believe they're going to be against a real antagonist instead of just a game i'm skeptical.

The bullets magically turn to dust on impact when it's a living thing.

>"born there"

He became the man he is

Can someone explain just how the fuck do the guns work? Bot can shoot another bot and pierce bot skin, Bot shoots MiB, no kill. So are they prop guns for bots, real guns for geusts? If so whats to stop guests from shooting one another? Also ,last episode Dlores digs up gun.

I am so, SO worried that "The Maze" is more J.J. Abrams shit.

He just fucking loves to derail potentially great story lines with weird irrelevant shit that takes over the entire plot and never gets resolved.

I will lose my shit if WestWorld becomes another "Lost" with fucking aliens, lasers, "real" wizards and any other pile of horseshit.

Anyone else feel the same way? He just loves to fuck up a plot.

I think Bernard has the strongest case for being a robot at this point.

Bernard
>Ford says to him "I know the way you think."
>The executive woman, Cullen, suggests that he is "practicing" human interaction during pillowtalk.
>Pretty autistic in general

Theresa Cullen
>Dodges question asked by Sizemore about when she would rotate home

Sizemore
>Completely oblivious to the subtleties that make people like Westworld

In my mind, he's going to end up being Hopkins' murderous brother or something. He probably was going to be put into an asylum, but Hopkins convinced them otherwise and be treated inside Westworld where he's be more suited and wouldn't be able to harm anyone but the Hosts. He's found tiny clues over the years as to how to actually escape the actual grounds and now he's on the hunt

He chose the white hat. Allegory says, he's nice.

See

A robot huh?

Every bullet has two firing modes, lethal and basically harmless. When the gun is aimed at a guest, it fires bullets in the harmless mode, when the gun is aimed at something else, it fires real bullets. The exact mechanisms aren't explained, and seeing the Man in Black holding the physical bullets in episode 2 did nothing to clear it up. Just assume its "sci-fi magic" and don't worry about it.

There's a lot of speculation that the gun Dolores digs up is "real" and always fires lethal bullets regardless of who is holding it or who it is aimed at.

slashfilm.com/westworld-logistical-questions-answered/

Seriously? She works there.

I don't care what other movies or shows have done when it's been flat out spoken that he is a guest.

Whom I would fuck the shit out of, just for clarification.

Tony is the robots robo brother

How did he shoot that guy through the wall?

>damages machinery
>textbook sociopath

yeah sure

you should see me playing the sims

I dunno, Lost had my cock in limbo from all the supense it built up, which was a good thing but the ending was wtf? So you have to ask yourself which one you like more the number of strokes, or the orgasm? Cause you cant have both with JJ

The milk scenes in first episode lured him in

>we will see outside of westworld in season 1
marsposters about to get BTFO

>Hes a textbook sociopath
I don't think he is. I think he has a problem with the ethical framework of WestWorld due to them creating sythetic humans and treating them like he does. I think he wants to unravel the whole place because he disagrees with it.

He's using live ammo instead of the park-issued "simunition"

Way to not read the second half of my post. It has never been stated that guests have to be human.

>So hows he getting real guns in the park , unless hes...hes getting help. You think he getting help from Anthony Hopkins??

Technically in the book, there were 2 other worlds operating at the same time as WestWorld.

Medieval World and Roman World.

This whole show reminds me of some anime, I can't put my finger on it.

>some hosts know they're hosts, know that westworld is a pretty fucked up place, and still can't do anything about it
A strong reminder that they're just retarded robots who can't think and that you shouldn't feel sympathy for them desu

Who's sick of the Westworld staff swearing between every two words?

>What the fuck, this fucking robot is fucking fucking up, fucking fix it for fucks sake.

MAJOR

>you will never be a technician working late into the night vacuuming liters of gelatinous goo out of tight robopussies

>Lost had my cock in limbo from all the supense it built up, which was a good thing but the ending was wtf?
JJ is like a sex predator for "ratings". When someone rapes you, it's not to make you feel good. JJ just wants ratings no matter how he gets there.

The ending of Lost was a huge "fuck you" to the fans. He's the McDonald's of television and film. He wants to fill you up with shit no matter if it tastes good or kills you.

So theres a book and you bitches havent spoiled me yet? I gotta beg for it now?

Wrong

Ayyy Lmao

Only the I'm so british I shit the queen guy. He looks fake and gay.

he's a robot from the "incident" 30 years ago, who gained consciousness and has somehow hacked the system into thinking he's human
he's been going to the real world but now wants to stay in westworld for good

What is Wikipedia. What is Google.

so, ed harris has waited for dozen of years, raping and killing for fun instead of searching for the lost level ?

feel free to screencap this

>Ed Harris was a regular guest thirty years ago, his wife or kids or both were killed in the "incident"
>West World offered him a huge settlement, he instead opted to have free admission and permission to do anything in West World for as long as he wanted
>He is using the time and freedom to "awake" the robots because he longs to learn why they did it during the incident
>he has been working to "awake" Delores, who awoke her dad (she smiled when he first started glitching)
>Harris gave her the picture so she could awake her dad
>He also gave her the gun so she could kill a guest and start some shit as Harris' revenge on the makers of West World

Again, if robots were a thing outside of west world the guests wouldn't get that uncanny valley experience when interacting with them. Plus the narrative so far takes place entirely at the facility.

>"wow i guess they've been around us this entire time maybe im a robot too lol"

Then we have how the hosts operate. They run on a routine that deviates slightly from time to time. They're supposed to rope guests into storylines. Mauve hits on you, Dolores drops her cup, eye patch drunkard stumbles. Yet MiB hasn't even interacted with guests. Only hosts. And he's searching for something. Something that we have reason to believe will allow him to stay in west world indefinitely. If he was a machine then what would be the point of his arc even be? It's way more likely that he is trying to become a machine.

not really, it's just the original screenplay in novel form
just watch the original movie

When does the new episode get onto HBO Go? I thought I saw that you could watch two episodes ahead but 3 isn't up yet.

Great argument, cocknocker.

>they mention 30 years twice in the pilot only when mentioning the incident and MiB's time there

Has some credence but still a stretch

My theory is that he's an android posing as a guest known to higher ups who is stress testing Westworld for the purpose of making it better.

It seems like it's pretty well hidden, and he's only really noticed the subtle clues until resently

Wrong its fantastic

Your mom is a robot, and she is one of those robots that work in the saloon to be exact.

It's a solid theory. But why is there the maze quest in the first place and why does he has to do it?

Here's the answer to your question:

> The Man in Black (aka TMiB) is Peter Martin, the only survivor from the massacre at the original incarnation of the Delos parks, specifically Westworld (although he does travail over Medievalworld and Romanworld in his attempts to escape from the original Man in Black)
>he's not a host, he's a guest, an actual human, seeking revenge on what happened to him - because of what happened Delos basically gave him a "free pass" for the rest of his life as compensation for his troubles hence him having such free reign and "That gentleman gets whatever he wants."
>he considers himself in his present incarnation as "having been born there" meaning his entire reality changed and he was "created" as TMiB at that time because of what happened 30 years ago in the parks
>he's spent his entire fortune and his actual real life on the quest to destroy everything Delos created and continues to push
>the "maze" is nothing more than the park infrastructure itself which the hosts don't have direct access to - if you've seen the original movie then you'd understand what the maze is (the entire infrastructure of all the tubes and tunnels that run under the park connecting everything together
>Ford is working towards making the hosts fully sentient, his comments about how humanity has reached a point where there's nothing really left (because he/they created a new reality with Westworld entirely and even gave it life) so now he begins the last chapter of his creations by giving them actual sentience with the reveries update
>HBO signed on for 5 seasons of this show so, it won't end anytime soon

And yes, none of this is real.

What else is there to do?

He doesn't. The quest is the hosts' way out, that's why the littler girl told him that it's not meant for him.

its 13th floor all over again. the westworld meta corporation is just another layer of RP for people.

Did you miss the creators speech about people coming back for a reason? He saw Dolores and imagined a life he might have had. It's not the killing and being a savage that makes people come back.

will he ever find the cow level?

Who makes a quest to let the hosts out?

Geez i hope not.

yes you're 100% right ( here)

also "Nowhere Land" and the buried church is where the initial massacre/incident happened (they buried the entire town, so only the church steeple (the tallest structure) is showing

Arnold

>be MiB
>scalping people for 30 years
>finally find the map for the maze
>do the mexican daughter glitch in order to find the entrance
>follow the maze
>reward is just a lifetime subscription to the park

>When someone rapes you, it's not to make you feel good.

Yea but it still got me wet. I mean i hear you on the the ratings. But at least there was some mist of a storyline leading to a bang of an outro until we got there and saw what it was. Its not like Dexter where every season was a repeat and the creators finally had everyone wipe their ass and pin the tissues to the bulliten board with ideas the final. At least with lost we had some diverse suspense throughout the seasons.

>don't forget to drink your ovaltine
>son of a bitch

>year 2070+10
>going to theme parks that aren't FTP
>actually PAYING to pretend to be a cowboy
do people really do this?

Ford. To Ford Westworld is neither a park nor a game but an experiment to see when the hosts are ready to succeed the human race.

Shit if i know

And a free slurpee coupon

This is pretty good but how does none of the staff know what he's up to? They keep tabs on everything that goes on at the park.

Ep 2 got leaked

Here you go

is the man in black chara? xD

Episode 2 (one airing tonight) was posted a few days ago so people could watch it before the debate.

>Its not like Dexter where every season was a repeat and the creators finally had everyone wipe their ass and pin the tissues to the bulliten board with ideas the final.
lol, yeah. Dexter should have ended with him going to prison. They were too pussy for the "hard" ending.

But JJ and his writing team of plot-beheading terrorists didn't give a shit what happened in the finale. They never cared about the story line. That's the same as having a "bad" story line.

These series are about story. If they fuck up the story, it'll be really sad.

am I the only one who can't wait for the robots to massacre all the humans?

underrated post

True, for such a well done show, he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Is that the Uac?

Because he's the Man in Black before becoming obsessed with Westworld. The whole season will parallel the Man in Black as he was 30 years ago slwoly turning evil and as he is now, already fully corrupted. I bet the ending will have William picking a black hat and the super revolver before going to Westworld for the nth time.

OOOOH I WONDER IF HE'S A ROBOT? OR SHE'S A ROBOT? OR THEY'RE ALL ROBOTS? OR THE INCIDENT 30 YEARS AGO HAD SOMETHING TO WITH A ROBOT? OR THE MAZE IS A ROBOT? OR ANTHONY HOPKINS IS A ROBOT IN REAL LIFE? SCREENCAP THIS POST

>"West"world
>half the cast speaks in a british accent

what the fuck m8

(You)

It did remind me of a raid in Destiny. All those stupid fucking puzzels

It makes me cringe, and I'm english myself.

Daily reminder that it's a show about magic.

Calling it now.

Screencap this.

They're going the Star Wars route; everyone with a british accent is considered evil.

I think his endgame is to torture the robots enough so they'll rebel or some shit.

The MiB is a gamer joke is going to be a pretty dank meme. I can feel it.

I'm gonna go along the cliche route and say he's an old business partner of the boss, and he's trying to unravel everything because he got pushed out or something.

He just likes to mess with her. It's probably a sociopath thing.

It's a reddit tier "US GAMERS, HUH?" meme.

first episode was good but not terrific

But that robot was a version of Ford as a Child:

>Ford: my grandpa used to say "they're not boring places just boring people"
>Kid: mine says that too

Is my hookerfu going to be relevant now that the main whore is out of commission?

underrated

Maybe. But it looks like they're going to spend more time focusing on stuff outside of the town for the next few episodes at least.

Still my hookerfu, nice try though.

It looked like they gave her Maeve's job but I didn't understand if it was temporary because she had to go under maintenance or it's her new role in the whorehouse.

It's weird that hosts are surprised when they came hurt him. Also that he gets shot at all. I haven't seen the hosts actually land shots on anyone else, the bullets just go around.

Allow me to spoil this shit show for you.

Hannibal lector is the only human on the staff side, well almost the only human.
The robot staff only know who is a guest from being told who is a guest.
This guy, is a robot who managed to become a guest, 30 years ago the last thing the AI that 'went wrong' did is embed the robot as a guest in the core programming of all robots.

The first hint of this is that robots react to him differently than they react to a human, they somehow know he is a robot but at the same time the embedded programming tells them he is guest.

If Anthony Hopkins doesn't investigate this guy and find out he is not a guest the robots running the place will never know, in fact they are incapable of knowing it.

That's the shitty twist. and I am not guessing.

They may have changed a few things so some of the staff are human but don't know the other staff are robots, but they didn't change the raw story from when I saw it.

You're retarded.

Nah

>Not even saying that your dad works at Nintendo
0/10

Thank God you are not a writer.

>A completely synthetic person? I didn't realize they had tech that advanced.

nah it's ed harris

If you think that idea is shit then you are right.
But it is true.

No it isn't but thanks for playing

Why do you think that it is a good idea?

you don't read too good eh?

This guy has such a weird face.

>If you think that idea is shit then you are right.
>No it isn't

No isn't a shit idea?

You don't think very well eh?

If the robots are realistic enough to fool somebody Hopkin's could have easily tricked his staff into thinking he was a guest.

What if he's a human that believes Westworld is the real world?

Good copypasta.

retard

Not that guy, but also says
>But it is true.
then >No it isn't

You don't seem to think too well either.

He's baiting like a tard just ignore

I want to punch the first redditor that said Ed Harris is a robot when everything points otherwise.

was this supposed to be a Sunny reference?

Who are guests?
Who are bots?
Who are hosts?
Who are humans?

Still stupid, but I think the little boy is Ford as a child that he created for his amusement and that he has created at least one employee that is a "host" again for his amusement.

Maybe he actually died long ago and replaced himself with a host copy that will continue his work. That's pushing it though.

>it's a there is no difference between artificial and evolved sentient beings episode

it's not.
bigger plot hole is why the fuck did he wait 30 years, or the series to start to start searching for the maze?

yeah, I almost can't see him in any other role.

>The blonde woman at the start of the 2nd episode
the station is already the company, why couldn't be there a robot?

Nah, he's just been searching for that shit his whole life.

Or didn't he say something about only recently getting back?

I'd guess it's likely one of two things:
1. He just found out about it recently. In this instance, he maybe stumbled on a clue at the end of his last time in Westworld, or maybe saw or heard something about it in the real world, (maybe from somebody that works in Westworld, or some random person that stumbled onto a clue and posted about it online or something) and then was waiting until his next trip to try and find it.
2. The maze is, or is tied to, what Ford is making. In this instance, he likely had prior knowledge about it somehow (he's a former employee or has a connection to somebody working in Westworld), but had to wait until it was in a finished state to actually go for it.

Maybe MiB has gone crazy from the shrinking process

I always just see a slightly derpier version of young James Spader

>shrinking process

This is top level bait and needs to be expanded into proper pasta for saging the torrential downpour of Westworld threads on future Sundays

thanks m8, it's good to be appreciated

>He doesnt want more JJ Abrams L O S T shit
>and he posts on Cred Forums
Lost is kino

>shrinking process

>We have absolutely no reason to think machines exist outside of west world.

Mr Ford is a machine
You don't see the first trailers?

Why did they change the WW logo in this scene during post-production?

>They keep tabs on everything that goes on at the park
they seem kind of apathetic and neglectful when it comes to actually running the park. So far they've only cleaned up messed after they already happened. They didn't know about the milk guy going crazy until he had already killed "people"

>has a problem with the ethical framework of WestWorld
>engages in indiscriminate murder and rape of the hosts

>I actually thought they were living in a tiny world after the first episode

MiB scalpes a robot and nobody sees it

Probably too close to some real logo and they wanted to not be sued.

>They didn't know about the milk guy going crazy until he had already killed "people"

That's what he was supposed do, what tipped them something was wrong was that he didn't die.

No, they just don't care because he's a veteran guest and can do whatever the fuck he wants.

They use both logos though, we only see the one they changed it to in that scene, which is why people think that Williams scenes are from a different time period

>what tipped them something was wrong was that he didn't die.
this. which tells you that shooting the robots doesn't actually "kill" them. it just triggers their programming to say "act dead". this will obviously be a problem when they revolt or whatever

Dolores' dad found the picture himself

someone put it in the ground where he always stands, they're robots on assigned tracks right? someone (harris or delores) knew he'd see it if it was on his "track"

No, he is this guy 30 years later.

Why doesn't he get out of this maze? Doesn't he know the way out?

>Waifu is going to be the gunslinger bad guy
FUCK YOU SHE WAS PERFECT

Someone was saying that Mcpoyle falling for dolores would finally push Teddy over the edge and HE'D become the gunslinger

butthey'renotgonnalaughanymore.jpg

terrible idea. they wouldnt have used the same plot for that long

>Time Travel
How about no.

Fucking kek.

>Mr Ford is a machine
>You don't see the first trailers?
post it. I haven't seen anything like that in any trailer.

Unless the guns work by detecting heat signatures like the original movie I don't think it is point against him being a host. In the show it seems more like some crazy sophisticated bullets that still hit guest but do no damage, again he could just be a host given the same status guest as some part of the larger plan.

Sooo. Is that MIB a hardcore raider who's just trying to attune?

>This guy is a robot.

So's yer ma.

Ford is a bot.

Showrunners confirmed he's human. You lose, try again and harder.

so post the fucking video

HOT
O
T

Are the guests robots too? Is this some huge robot circlejerk?

Fuck you guys, expect ONE human to actually be robot twist. My pick is autistic black glasses man.

Can I get some Man in Black webms please?

Preferably where he BTFO everyone

I would of fucked that alien robot.

Utah and Arizona (where the Monument Valley is) was heavily settled by British settlers due to Mormon immigration from the UK.

He's a fedora.
>pssh...nothin personnel Dolores

Romeworld would be exploring robo-prostitution to the extreme. Medival would be either got or Monty Python.

Dunno

He might be a player from the previous screwup, but he no robot.

Wasn't it already stated to be on "this planet" by ford? That can only mean earth. Plus the viral marketing website says so iirc.

>What makes the map in the map room work? Like, what’s the technology behind it? Is it like lasers or some shit?

The Delos website is amusing.

That's the point of the maze user.

Because it looks too much like Cred Forums and JewJew Abraham can't have his products associated with such a shitty board.

There is only one explanation: they are all robots, even the guests. The only human is the man in black. But he is trapped in there. That is why he is trying to escape

I think Teddy continually getting wasted is a sign he might go nuts.

Does he think he's a badass riding around killing people that can't hurt him?

Even the Hemsworth brother was laughing at how pathetic he is.

Teddy is forever the damsel in distress. Only his waifu Dolores can save him.

>falls in love with Dolores at first sight

Hopefully he gets a cruel death.

100 bucks says that the maze is just another quest. It isn't some cheat zone that will let him stay there forever. And because of this he will kill himself.

Can't they hear what is he saying to the hosts?

They don't have any concerns that he's trying to access something deeper?

But Dolores is MIB's waifu.

thats the point. hes not doing anything deeper

>Dolores
>Rhymes with clitoris

but what does it mean?

They just see him killing hosts. Nothing unusual about that.

You are presuming that they even know what he is doing. The Indian he scalped he brought way the fuck into the middle of nowhere, probably so that no one would observe him. The Mexican town fight intervention was overridden before they looked into what he was doing.

As of now, to them, Harris is just a high roller who takes the game extremely serious.

I can't tell if I'm racist or it's just that Thandie newton is really ugly.

>theres children in episode 2
>westworld is Cred Forums paradise
How do they prevent guest on guest rapey time?

Holy shit this guy is a fucking GOD

He's an Easter egg hunter

Probably that, she's not very ugly. But I can't stand her already, sassy black girl characters are the worst.

Was JFK a host? Is that how he was killed by a magic bullet?

Friendly remind that:

"These violent delights have violent ends." is a command line that causes the Hosts to remember only bad memories and go berserk.

That Bernard is a robot.

That Bernard knows he is a robot but Hopkins doesn't think he's aware of this; which is why he put that command line in Dolores and is trying to sabotage the park.

I don't care for robot rights but i felt so sad when he stabbed that old guy's hand.

>DUDE EVERYONE IN THE SHOW IS A ROBOT
Guys c'mon.

I think he is a robot, somehow. The boss of the place probably put him there, wasn't the book about robots replacing humans or so?

You could be on to something

But Bernard /is/ a Robot.

Ford said he knew how Bernard's head worked, it's a dead giveaway that he's a Host created by Ford as his replacement. That and his obsession with microexpressions, he's just trying to error correct.

How do we know we're not living in a simulation?

There would literally no way to know.

Can someone please tell me how MIB is actually William? Did we just see flashbacks in episode 2? Both MIB and William picking up the can for Dolores is a clue they're the same person? Dolores wearing the same dress for 30 years?

Bernard makes sense mostly because I can't see Hopkins allowing anyone else to continue his work except a creation of his own.

I think in the end it will be almost imposible to know who is a robot and who is human. The only way to know for sure is what logan said. That will be the Turing test.

The people controlling the park are actually in Future World, itself a park to have callback to the movies.

So if you play Wow and start as a human and do the first quest presented to you are you the same person as everyone else doing that quest? Stupid faggot this show is the ultimate unironic pleb filter.

still waiting on hbo's gunslinger. season finale?

Bernard is black, Ford is white.

Black hat , white hat?

what book?

He's gunna be the new guest. Those scenes are flashbacks giving his origin tastefully.

BARVO NOLAN

And Future World is one of those old Worlds Fair exhibits on what they think the future will be like.

He's a younger The Man in Black.

finale of season 5

tell me why it is possible

I don't find her ugly, but I found the outlaw 1000x hotter then her.

Guys ...

It's all a simulation.

Remember how Marsden was there to pick up the can that Dolores dropped when he arrived with the train.

Well now the new guy is there to pick it up, because Marsden's been rotated to a different role and this new guy is rotated in.

My guess that the big reveal is that eventually guests get rotated to be hosts and so on.

Again the key is that it's a closed system. We never see anything going on in the outside world, even the executives, production facilities and everything else is located within the Westworld area.

Ed Harris is essentially trying to escape both the Westworld amusement park AND the wider simulation and the only way to do it is to solve something within it.

Hopkins is likely the only human in it and he likely created his replacement.

this, also I think he snuck his pistol in as well as the one buried by delores' house

MiB has multiple waifu that he tortures on a regular basis.

thankfully it's just the british guy and boss chick

Another thing. Nobody apparently communicates or references anything going on in the outside world.
All these people in charge would likely be on the phone with the outside world non stop, but they seem to live there and talk only between themselves with vague references to some people in charge who are not named or communicated with directly.

These violent delights is basically a virus. Instead of code the robots have verbal commands.

What if MiB is the one robot guest left running in every simulation because Ford loved him and his subtle depth and wants to see what AI would do if given free reign if given complete awareness of robothood and he's convinced everyone in the park he's a guest when he's really just a "harmless experiment"?

im happy for fresh kino desu

There's too much camera surveillance for any one guest to be running around killing hosts with noone running a check on him and realizing he's been in Westworld for far too long.

He was a guest 30 years back.

>first episode starts with Cyclops arriving into town on a train, he is a part of the setting

>second episode starts with autist arriving into Westworld reception area on a train, he is a part of the setting

hmmmm

Who is that kid?

They have a massive security and oversight force that can appear anywhere in the simulation in a matter of moments and keeps tabs on literally every single thing at all times.

360_no_scope girl is best girl.

he is

Either a human kid who ran away from his parents like he said when he first met Lecter, or another robot programmed to like roam that one area as part of that scenario

prob himself as a child

I like this the best of all bullshit theories, but wouldn't he just be harassing guests all the time then? Not killing them but wrecking their experience and swearing at their kids?

I think he's just a high roller guys and WestWorld factored in a lot of goose-chasing to keep him spending $40k a day.

Agreed, do hope we see more of her.

>Not killing them but wrecking their experience and swearing at their kids?

Then he'd be locked up again without all the fresh air and free space.

Prevent? why rape is legal, killing is legal so why is pedophilia is not?

>No Surprises by Radiohead plays on the bar's piano

I love it every time.

If there a robot who pretending to be human, it not the man in black, but the black man programmer.

But he's uncontrollably crazy, how could he stop himself?

The only viable option I see is that the entire Westworld is a simulation, including the reception area and the overseers.

If he attempted to talk to the guests to convince them it would be fruitless since the guests are likely conditioned to ignore him. So basically they're of no help to him and he doesn't even try to interact with them.

Essentially he's trapped there and the only way out is to find a way into the staging area and break through outside.

Notice how the "production area" is very maze-like with glass-paned corridors, those endless escalators and almost no other features.

So we had
>No Surprises
>Paint it Black
>black hole sun

any other songs of note?

and the matrix man / MOTHER FUCKING GOD will tell him he love him as a son when he finds out

So the man in black is the only human and he is trapped, in a prison of his own sins.

Yes.

mods, theres 7 fucking westworld threads on the front page. please start deleting this garbage.

i see one. kys

The Horror, that we talk about something you do not like.

yep

This is one of the Nolan bros writing we're talking about.

Hopkins was talking to a kid he designed who has the same kind of family Hopkins has. He mentions a brother. Harris' character is Hopkins' brother.

Harris will eventually find a literal maze.

Just like in the original the "wild" friend of that MC of this episode will get killed and the MC will be on the run from some rogue robot.

Marsden, who is now a punching bag every episode is going to get rotated into being an ace killer who will go rogue or he'll revert to a previous version who was an ace killer.

All those robots put in storage will go berserk and get lead by a crazy half-crying cannibal cultist Abernathy devouring all the chop shop technicians.

Any proof?

She is the oldest host and its probably got to do with him. Maybe he's conditioning her or something.

She was a hot alpha female. My asshole has never been fucked but I would let her have at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=B6Z__wbpDa4

What does anthony hopkins say at the begining of this trailer? Dreams we never dream ? or is it something else ?

Just found the sex offender

Dreams we never a thing.

I think she is the main AI.

For the amount of money that I'd be paying they should let me start eating hosts in front of the train where guests get off

Like this asshole must be causing fucking millions? of dollars of damage. How many robots has he just shredded? It can't just be corporate espionage (random guy breaking things so they can understand and build their own) because they'd have thrown his ass out (they apparently keep tabs on things, but don't because PLOT).

Or dreams in everything.

remade himself as a child. If this is true it would strenghten the argument that McPoyle is MiB as a young man. whos to sat that McPoyle isnt a bot? It seems like all of the other hosts have memories implanted from a false past in order to make them more human.

Honestly I'm thinking the same thing.

The character arriving this episode is probably Ed Harris when he first started coming 30+ years ago and was a good guy. White hat, fell for Dolores. I don't think we were shown anything to indicate that the new guy's day is happening at the same time as other scenes. Dolores dropped her can like always, I don't remember her pausing or thinking about anything in the can scene like she was in all the other scenes.

>memories from a false past
What? They just remember past lives (once they are able to remember)
Maeve's whole thing must have been a previous character/storyline.

They are all robots stuck in a dream, inside the matrix

If the guy been there for 30 years he paid 400 million dollars.

Thus he like a high roller in the casino. They are not going to kick him out.

So why did the little Mexican girl acknowledge the maze? Why would she care how many people got killed if she's programmed properly? Why was she allowed to break character and acknowledge that MiB is an outsider to them in more ways than ethnicity ("the maze is not meant for you")? We already know the maze isn't a normal thing in their land considering it'd be impossible in the robot's reality to have a map imprinted inside a scalp.

Robot.

This is something I've considered. If Westworld doesn't change, then can we trust that everything is happening in the present?

That said, there's some evidence that William and MiB exist at the same time. Namely, we saw the bartender host in ep1... If William is in the past, the hosts should be much more obvious.

So while I don't think your particular theory is correct, I think we should be careful about assuming we're seeing things in chronological order.

I'm on the edge of my seat with this show and it's only 2 episodes in... Definitely gonna be my obsession since Leftovers is ending.

Doing the gods work user

Mormonism isn't from the UK. It's distinctly American. British settlers never made it past the east coast. 2nd generation settlers, ie, the literal first generation of Americans (more accurately, EuroDescended North Americans) were the ones to move beyond the colonies. So you're, like, completely incorrect.

she listed as being in 9 episodes, so she should be in every episode from here on (she wasn't in the 2nd one.)

Jurassic World... Wait... Is everything Michael Crichton wrote an interconnected universe? Holy shit. Were the doctors on ER just hosts? Fuck.

It's a secret. She was programmed to do what she did under the correct parameters.

I don't care who he is, but Ed Harris is the fucking GOAT.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States#/media/File:Most_common_ancestries_in_the_United_States.svg

Saints who emigrated to the Salt Lake Valley in the late 1800s, more than 98 percent of the survivors were from Europe, and 75 percent were from Britain. The British converts began to emigrate with the arrival of Brigham Young to Britain in 1840. by 1870 nearly half of the population of Utah were British immigrants.

Might want to check your history first.

Sorry user, you are wrong.

Sorry user, you are wrong. Utah and Northern Arizona was settled by Mormons, and Mormons where like 50% British. tens of thousands of Brits left the UK and moved to Utah.

I'm glad we're actually having real discussion about this show. It's actually got enough depth and entertainment to transcend the shitposters.

Like, personally, I love The Leftovers and Breaking Bad, but I understand why they both rile people into contempt.

Westworld, on the other hand, is written in a way thay actually includes people who haven't personally experienced this kind of thinking.

What I mean is, if you've never been depressed or grieved a very close contact, then I get why you don't understand the characters in The Leftovers. But if you've never thought about existential angst and the nature of reality, Westworld actually invites you to do that without making you feel out of your depth.

I made a mistake.

Should of been in reply to your post.

agreed

To be fair with the leftovers most people would not act that way. Nora is understandable.

You guys need to get your hearing fixed. He's saying "dreams mean everything".

Just wanted to reply to say I WAS WRONG and accept it for you both. I did not know that Young went to Britain and recruited. I only knew about the Joseph Smith / Garden of Eden in Missouri / Jesus was a Native American nonsense as covered by South Park.

During the 19th century, about 55,000 British Latter-day Saints immigrated to North America.
Between 1870-1920 the Church in America was composed of mainly English emigrants.

Eh, I don't agree with you there. I don't want to discuss Leftovers in a Westworld thread, but as a superfan of the show who stole an original edition National Geographic from a collector for "authenticity" because getting a reprint felt wrong in some indescribable way, I think the actions of the characters are nuanced and understandable in every way. I also side with The Guilty Remnant as the only good people in the entire series. So, hey, I know I'm mostly alone in my view of the series.

No problems. It not well known but after the Mormons settled salt lake they sent everyone who converted to salt lake to build up Utah.

It takes a real man to admit you are wrong. So no harm no foul from me.

Fair enough.

The show is good in my books for the Carrie Coon nudity.

Can anyone make an webm only of Talulah Riley from that show?

Man, I really didn't pay attention. I have no fucking clue what you guys are talking about.

Here one with her in it.

Can you remove that ugly Mcpoyle, please? I'll be grateful.

Not at 230 am .... Sure I will be on west world threads later.

He's gonna be the Gunslinger who became sentient. He even looks like Yul Brynner.

Little robot boy didn't get raped. Alls I know is my time in \W/ would be amoral as all get out.

It would be a real waste if they don't use the whole "hosts don't age and are unreliable chronological milestones" trick. Assume this is true until two confirmed humans from different storylines interact with each other.

Fuck...

The kid is a confirmed hologram. The MiB is trapped in Tiny World, it's a ant-sized copy of West World. Everything will be explained in episode 3. Screenshot this post.

Can someone explain to me why the guns sound terrible in this show? I noticed this immediately. They should like musket fire, or cap guns, it's terrible.

MULVA

So, Williams = MiB?

>dolores
>spanish for sorrow/sorrows
POTTERY

That certainly would be fitting for the typical Nolan-esque (((mindfuck))) twist.