"Hey user what's your favourite movie?"

>"Hey user what's your favourite movie?"
>Tell them
>"Oh, ok"
>They go and talk to someone else

I mean really fucking hell I've had conversations with "film students" where they've not even seen shit like Lawrence of Arabia.

How do I stop being such a hipster cunt?

Don't be a conformist

Based OP!

>How do I stop being such a hipster cunt?
Watch the IMDB top 40 and only talk about films made after 1990
Now you can have friends

Begin to worship Tim Burton if you want a qt """indie""" film gf

>How do I stop being such a hipster cunt?
My recommendation for you, is to pick out a movie you loved from the past decade, and when asked just tell:
"Well, my favourite is probably [title of your favourite movie], but I recently watched [other movie from recent years you liked] and I thought it was really good."

If they haven't see the classics, it isn't neccessarily too bad. Could be the reason they became film students is because they want to learn. Even if they don't consider you a hipster for watching Lawrence of Arabia, it's awkward to respond to that, knowing you (them) haven't seen it, and can't honestly say anything about it.

By introducing the newer movie, you give them a hopping on point, a sort of ice breaker. From there, you can talk about that, and maybe later they'll ask you about your actual favourite once the conversation's going, and you get to be the one to introduce them to it.

In a weird way, it's actually better if they haven't seen every movie, because it can serve as a good bonding experience to talk about them as they're fresh, which doesn't work so well when you're both experts on everything about those films, and you're just basically reciting wikipedia at eachother.

I can't stand capeshit though

Based absolutely based

Watch more Snyder films

Based user!

Aah well, then you've already lost
Maybe try hiking instead? Or just accept that millennials that like films don't actually like films

Based!

Simple, you should have two favorite films, one that is your actual favorite, the other one is what you tell people is your favorite when they ask.

I always tell people my favorite movie is The Terminator. It's well-known enough that anyone will recognize the name, and a good enough movie that I won't sound like a complete pleb if the person asking happens to have taste.

Based post!

what did he mean by this?

Based user FTW!

>Hey user what's your favorite movie?
>Amadeus
>Never heard of it

>>Hey user what's your favorite movie?
>>Amadeus
>Oh, that's that musical the Simpsons parodied when they did the Planet of the Apes musical, right? You know, that Doctor Zaius song?

What I don't get is when they say "I've never heard of it"

Fuck, there are a lot of films I've not seen but I've still heard of.

How is it hard for you to wrap your head around the fact that not everyone is like you? Do you have social autism?

That's because you spend 5 hours a day on Cred Forums retard, some people have semi-functioning social lives so they only hear of so many movies.

>Hey user what's your favorite movie?
>Conan the Barbarian with Schwarzenegger
>Never heard of it

I should also mention that I live in fucking Austria