How did he lost to a untrained girl?

How did he lost to a untrained girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAqHAJz-wG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rey is the true chosen one. The force guided her.

Women are strong enough to endure the pain of childbirth and motherhood and you don't think they can handle a little boy with a laser sword?

>exact thread just dropped off the bottom

the autism is strong with this one

Kill yourself faggot

Daisy isn't, she's damaged goods.

Because shitty writing.

But Rey is.

Because kylo Ren is an unstable, untrained faggot pretending to be Darth Vader to make up for his own insecurities even though he knows deep down what hes doing is wrong and hates himself for it

Of course the girl who taps into the true spirit of the Force is gonna triumph over the poser who doesn't actually believe in his own hype and is just being bad to make mom freak

No she isnt shes pure shit because of the same acting

She'll be driven to insanity by her hormones before the decades out, they'll have to write rey out when she crashes.

because it sets up rey's fall to the dark side and redemption arc for kylo

also he was injured and just killed his pops

>girl power

"I'm going to control the most powerful military force in history, including nukes, and I'm a rabid feminist, so nah, Vicky."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton

This is the correct answer.

The man was all kinds of fucked up and was bleeding all over the snow. The reason he keep hitting his side was to try and dull the pain receptors or something.

Guy just killed his own father so mentally he was all over the place then got hit by the crossbow which as we've seen usually one shot KOs stormtroopers. Then went asgainst some skinny bitch you practically went dark side against him.

>some training, high ranking military leader, male, knows the force
>zero training, scavenger, female, heard about the force a few hours ago
who would win?

Elite soldier with unmatched lightsaber and force skills trained by the most powerful jedi and the most powerful sithlord alive couldnt land a single hit against a scavenger who learned about fencing 2 hours ago.

and Cred Forums will defend it

>also he was injured and just killed his pops
Why didn't he just force push her into a tree or something? You're trying way too hard to justify absolute rock bottom writing and you're not even on the payroll LMAO

>he doesn't have a designated thread assigned to him that he reposts on Cred Forums every day
you're doing it wrong

You don't get it dude. The force makes training and skill obsolete, it's about spirit and belief

You're literally kylo Ren going REEEEEE and slashing up computers because you don't understand star wars

he was angry and emotionally unstable and Rey was totally clear headed, plus he didnt want to kill her.

I don't think Kylo is all that good at lightsabering, though hes pro with the force. He quit his training to early and i dont think Snoke is a sabre dude.

No one gives a fuck about your numale faggot disney interpretation of star wars.

plz post Rey in Pterodactyl mode

Dude how the FUCK did Luke destroy the death star that was an impossible shot the trained pilots couldn't do yet luke did it the first time in an xwing it's bullshit

Stay mad virgin

cause the force is like smash bros you can play your whole life and lose to some girl who just picked up the game

He got worn down by Chewie and Finn and Rey is the chosen one so she was able to finish him off.

>get shot by a wookie
>get clipped by a saber and basically bleeding out at the time
>girl beats him FAIR AND SQUARE GUIS!
If he wasn't injured he would've easily overpowered her.

He had a jedi master guiding him on how to use the force.

He had practice before.

It's how the force was presented in the OT. George wanted to sell more toys in the Prequeks and set up a creepy Jedi temple on coruscant where you learn the force by spending decades waving baby light sabers around in a crowded room with a yoda

Right, in flying a crop duster. Perfect practice for flying a zero g military aircraft

I guess old uncle Joe is a perfect pilot for an F-35 because he knows to fly a biplane.

So why didn't Luke just destroy Vader after he killed Obi Wan?

Vader was much more competent and wasn't in the middle of a mental breakdown that was affecting his abilities. When Luke erodes his will in RotJ he loses because his heart isn't in the fight

You idiots still don't understand that kylo is NOT vader. He is not a badass. He wants to be, but can't

Everyone understands that but your arguments boil down to "rey was pure of heart so she won"

I guess there was no reason for luke to bother going to dagobah

what's the point of masters and apprentices?

Dude had been shot with a laser crossbow that insta-killed everyone else and send them flying, and he was still standing.
He lost because he was wounded, that's it.

Am I the only one who feels that they're gonna write Ben Solo like Itachi from Naruto?

even though there is no explanation for why a glancing shot from the bowcaster sent storm troopers flying but a direct hit didn't budge him, it's just a very uneven movie with no internal consistency

He was on degobah for 48 hours. The force in the OT was not something you had to go to Jedi School for 15 years to master. Star Wars isn't Harry Potter

he flew T-16s

English, brah, I don't speak weeb.

And this is wrong because...?

Luke in the end wins and blows up the Death Star because he was pure of heart.

Luke resists the Emperor and helps Vader redeem himself because he's pure of heart.

The moments he slowly slips but catches himself before doing so in Jedi is just to reinforce how pure of heart he is.

Idk where Rey will end up, but at least in that fight, she just wanted to protect Finn and best Kylo for having killed the closest thing to a parent she got.

She's not an unhinged emo kid who got shot with a near-deadly bowcaster. It's actually quite easy to understand.

Luke goes to Dagobah for a better understanding, but on a personal level, and not the borderline creepy private religious school system presented in the prequels. It still fits with the tone the force is being presented in the OT and TFA

the force did it

Basically he does bad shit to protect Rey because she is speshul.

Is that what they say in disney canon?

Don't forget he had a pretty nasty stomach wound. I don't give a fuck how good in the Force you are, there's no way you're going to fight at your best with that.

I'd rather have Rey turn evil and be super powerful, and Ren needs to turn Finn into a Jedi to stop her. Or redeem her, whatever.
Otherwise I'm not sure what Finn's role is gonna be.
Kylo Ren just gives all these "Snape" vibes.

If Finn was the MC it would have been a better movie..

>Luke in the end wins and blows up the Death Star because he was pure of heart.
He surrendered himself to the force, it had nothing to do with being pure of heart.
>Luke resists the Emperor and helps Vader redeem himself because he's pure of heart.
His goodness inspired vader to save him but it didn't help him when the emperor decided to fuck his shit up.
>Idk where Rey will end up, but at least in that fight, she just wanted to protect Finn and best Kylo for having killed the closest thing to a parent she got.
Some guy she knew for a day or 2? Portions guy was more of a dad to her.
>She's not an unhinged emo kid who got shot with a near-deadly bowcaster. It's actually quite easy to understand.
The movie had no consistancy regarding the bowcaster, that's pretty easy to understand and maybe you should re watch the movie because once Rey starts winning she looks very unhinged.

Luke also specifically mentions hitting "Womp Rats" and says they are roughly the same size as the exhaust port.

Still, specifically, Luke making the shot was /not/ the force. Trusting himself to turn off the targeting computer /was/.

One thing about Luke that I find interesting, is that throughout the 3 films, he is constantly losing things. He meets Obi-Wan, but shortly after loses his Uncle and Aunt. Then he loses Obi-Wan, and he loses Han (briefly). He loses his hand in Empire, and practically everything else in Jedi. The final conclusion is Luke throwing his light-sabre at the Emperors feet and giving up. Meanwhile, Anakin kept gaining things. He left Tatooine with a new mentor and friends. His mother is still alive and he's the hero of the war. He becomes the fastest rising Jedi in history, gifted beyond measure. Enjoys romance, gets involved in politics. The conclusion has Anakin assuming his place at the side of the Emperor while his two children are raised by other people.

Compare that to Rey, Ben Solo and Finn. Rey who is arguably enjoying the same meteoric rise as Anakin did, whereas Finn is closer to Luke's path.

He was just a token black guy, he wasn't allowed to be a real character.

disagree. They are just setting him up for a longer movies-long arc. He is currently, naive, weak and overshadowed by many bigger stars, so to speak. Of all the characters, he is the most likely to inherit the mantle of 'hero'.

This

>He surrendered himself to the force, it had nothing to do with being pure of heart.

So he surrendered himself to the mythical force that's constantly cited as being a mystic power for good? Right after he turned down an offer for the easy life with Han?

>His goodness inspired vader to save him but it didn't help him when the emperor decided to fuck his shit up.

The Emperor having raw power and being able to attack him =/= Luke resisting the temptation and Tricky Sheev's manipulation to have him kill Vader and instead inspired him to stand up.

>Some guy she knew for a day or 2? Portions guy was more of a dad to her.

No, the man she heard in stories of his escapades as a smuggler and was one of the few people to show her basic kindness. Portions guy is literally a pawn shop owner who tried to get her dicked out of BB-8 going so far to report them.

>The movie had no consistancy regarding the bowcaster, that's pretty easy to understand and maybe you should re watch the movie because once Rey starts winning she looks very unhinged.

I'd reccomend you do the same. Want to know why they get blown away by the bowcaster? Because it hit a rig that caused an explosion, the force of power wasn't from the shot itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=oAqHAJz-wG8

>So he surrendered himself to the mythical force that's constantly cited as being a mystic power for good?
That's why vader and the emperor are consistantly shown to be the most powerful practioners.
>Tricky Sheev's manipulation to have him kill Vader and instead inspired him to stand up.
The poor cunt was on the floor screaming in agony, he's just lucky vader had change of heart.
> Portions guy is literally a pawn shop owner
Who kept her alive from when she was 5 until she was old enough to start earning a living.
>Want to know why they get blown away by the bowcaster? Because it hit a rig that caused an explosion, the force of power wasn't from the shot itself.
Everyone who gets shot at by the bowcaster is sent flying except kylo.

An in-atmosphere craft that was probably slow as fuck in comparison

and the military trains people with video games

Eh I don't think he'll actually have a good reason for doing what he did. No doubt there will be a twist that makes it understandable and makes him more sympathetic, but not to that level. Just so you get why he became the way it is.

Yeah, but Luke wasn't trained to fly an X-Wing, he just showed up and they let him attack the Death Star

my point is that it's a fucking fantasy movie and everyone is willing to forgive Luke having an unrealistic skillset but Rey is far out because "muh ess jay double (You)s stealing muh star wars"

>How did he lost to a untrained girl?
>Because shitty writing.

Pretty much. I really enjoyed the movie but this is a huge fucking plot hole.

Why doesn't JJ simply call Tito Kubo ?

>How did he lost

she WAS trained

her memories been altered

No evidence of this at all. And she definitely was never Luke's student.

Kylo was distracted because his loins were warm from wanting her to sit on his face

She had the high ground

lurk more

>her irrational sense to stay on jakku as a poor junk scavengery despite her abilities is like a hypnotic implant
>for the first time Force Mind reading has been introduced
>Theres gotta be SOME explanation for her being mary sue, I don't think even JJ is THAT bad..

Blood loss lowered his midichlorians

He just got shot dead on with something shown to throw troopers flying.

Because he wants to film a movie and you can't make a movie where every time you get writers block you come up with a dozen new characters to pad it out.

>>Theres gotta be SOME explanation for her being mary sue, I don't think even JJ is THAT bad.

I honestly hope so. The whole movie is a built up to THIS ONE fight. And JJ fucked it up.

>you come up with a dozen new characters to pad it out.

but this is literally what he has to do now.

Kylo was meant to be the new D. Vader in terms of being this iconic menacing evil guy. And he turns out of be shit.

I thought it was OBVIOUS there's something fishy about Rey and her past that even she herself doesn't know

but then Cred Forumsl went off on the mary sue maymay like they missed the point

Or at very least JJ will adjust based on feedback like Lucas did with cutting JarJar..

JJ wasn't subtle enough

>he is constantly losing things

So what you're saying is he's basically Nobody's Boy.

he was a lot like younger anakin, give kylo a break, Vader had 30 more years to learn how to hide his autism and look badass

As usual, the selective memory of the "Rey isn't a Sue" contrarian glosses over the fact that she out-Forced a trained Force user and read his mind BEFORE he killed his dad and was injured.

Kys

You go girl!

GETT EM!

What does biggs call him? The best bush pilot in the outer rim.
" Are you sure you can handle one of those things?"
"I gotta little cooked but im alright"
As opposed to rey who's better than everyone at everything with no explanation.

I anticipate a redemption for Kylo, but I don't think Rey will fall to the Dark Side. For one thing, it would be too jarring for audiences that have gotten attached to Rey as a protagonist. I also don't think there's enough time to transition both characters like that in a satisfying way. If we had three movies left instead of two it's be different.

Something like that could be a cool story, though.

>unstable
>proficient enough in use of the force to stop a blaster bolt in mid air and casually fling people around with his mind
>untrained
>trained under Luke fucking Skywalker and Snoke, whoever the fuck he is
No, he has no excuse.

I think Rey will get close but she'll come back around. I can see her willingly, as in not there because she's captured, in front of Snoke at the end of VIII while Kylo is clearly uncomfortable with it.

>Kylo was meant to be the new D. Vader in terms of being this iconic menacing evil guy.
But he wasn't. The whole point of his character hinges on the opposite.
Explaining it wouldn't really fix it, though.

>Fucked up from killing his father
>Mentally unstable in general
>Huge gutshot
>Didn't want to kill Rey
>Tired at the end of the fight

There's plenty of reasons but yes, the argument that he's untrained is stupid.

>the force makes training and skill obsolete
Then what was the point of Luke training with Yoda?

>it's about spirit and belief
These aren't at odds with training. The original films make it clear using the Force requires a clarity of mind and resolution. The same way monks that meditate for hours on end don't reach that in a day. You have to develop yourself for it.

WITE MANZ IS DA DEVUL

I share Truman posting with 11 other anons.
>comfy

Regardless, that shouldn't be something we have to pay to see the next movie to figure out. Just having setup as the premise for your entire movie is bullshit.

He was hitting his side to get angry and increase dark side power. Literal emo

>proficient enough in use of the force to stop a blaster bolt in mid air and casually fling people around with his mind
>HURR DURR he put 100000000000 experience points into his level 99 force freeze so there's no way he could ever lose!

even with one arm he should have been able to beat a desert peasant who learned the force was real yesterday

Sexist

plot armor

She knew Kung Fu

She used the force. She is super force user and was able to pull training out of nowhere just like the matrix

Matrixmind

He was injured
He can't really tap in to the dark side to the fullest, so he relies completely on whatever sword training he's had
He didn't want to kill her

Gral Hux is way more dark side than Kylo, and he's a fucking regular person.

He was shot by Chewbacca with a bowcaster literally 15 minutes before

>Kylo was meant to be the new D. Vader in terms of being this iconic menacing evil guy. And he turns out of be shit.
No, he wasn't. You were just led to believe that off trailers and promo material.

Just a reminder that Mace Windu is Snoke

90's born faggot who's never been in a fight

>She used the force.
>She knew Kung Fu

Lee was shit and he had to work his ass off just to be mediocre.

Be like Lee.

Windu=/=Jar Jar

Because Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin.

Because Rei has the power of the current year.