His kids are the worst

His kids are the worst

Why do women always whine and break down in disaster situations? Also why does my mom suffer from chreonic alcohol addiction?

Dakota was a cutie.

She dressed like a fucking hobo.

Are you talking about in real life or film?

If the latter then the former.

Yeah but im sure anybodies kids would freak out during an alien invasion

It's been a while but yeah. The girls I'm 8 years old but I talk like I'm 30, schtick and the son's we should go back and fight the aliens that evaporate people instantaneously bullshit was insufferable.

It's not so much the freaking out, that I'm fine with. It's the way they're written. It's just stupid.

> son's we should go back and fight the aliens that evaporate people instantaneously bullshit was insufferable.

woman detected

>the daughter's constant screams

wanted that bitch to be zapped by the ayys desu

You watching on BBC1 as well OP? The son just ran into the battlefield, what the fuck is he expecting to do?

it's important to at least a few times strike your children in anger. It teaches them to ponder: "if my very parents can become this angry with me...what will the actual world hold in store?"

its on bbc1?

been watching family guy on itv2 since theres never anything on this late on sundays

Yea, it's either that or Predators on C4, but that's basically on constantly so I've seen it a million times.

I heard the the Euro version has a small difference from the American version.

In the car when they are first running away Tom says that the ones attacking the city are from somewhere else. The son says "What, like Europe?" and Tom say, "No, not 'like Europe'"!

I heard over there that line is either missing or changed to something else.

Yeah, they were the absolute worst. It wasn't even them being scared or anything, so don't even bring that shit up. Literally
>FUCK YOU DAD the son
>MY STEP DAD IS RICHER YOU KNOW the daughter

That's wrong for the UK at least, I remember the Europe line clearly

What do you expect from Spielberg? His trademark is literally DADDY ISSUES.

No that line is definitely in this version. Perhaps not in Spain, where Madrid just experienced it's own attacks, fairly recently.

One of those spoof movies rips on it, its pretty funny, kid running off like a retard.

Serves me right for listening to anyone on IMDB.

Was it when he left Tom? I never got that. It's like this father-son moment except it was just at the wrong time, wrong place. I would've probably hit him.

it's pretty funny when tom cruise goes crazy over a sandwich.

i liked it, it's a fun alien survival movie, at least it's different to the usual generic alien invasion war movie.

>father takes daughter cross country to keep her safe

>kills a man twice his size with his bare hands (and shovel) to keep her safe

>literally turns himself into a suicide bomber willingly giving up his life to keep her safe

>the microsecond she sees he mother the ungrateful little screaming troll runs away from him

There's this big battle going on that they come across and he just runs straight into it. Cruise tries to hold him back but he apparently "needs to go". I don't know if this is some commentary on a young male's "need" to prove themselves in war. But I dunno of Speilberg is ever that subtle.

I thought the film was pretty good till the unsatisfying ending, it just kinda ends.

Dakota Fanning was certainly a good little actress.

He was obsessed with joining the military to fight even though he's a teenager with no proper training and Tom has to let him go because the daughter was about to be taken away by some couple thinking she was a stray child in the middle of a battlefield.

>spends at least the last week with her dad
>isn't allowed to be happy to see her mom who she wasn't even sure was still alive

How shitty is your relationship with your mom?

I doubt it's as good as what I have with her.

AYY WE FORGOT THE HAND SANITIZER LMAO

He wanted to "see" the battle, that was it.

I think it would've been beautiful if that subplot followed its proper conclusion and he just died then and there but the whole family has to make it because Spielberg has lost literally all his balls.

As a result, the audience feels no real sense of loss or tragedy.