/advanced/

This is a thread for those of us who have been watching cinema seriously for over 5 years and have seen over 1000 films. Don't be offended; some of us have simply moved past imdb-core, capeshit, and the same old indie flicks. Do not derail the thread with trolling or off-topic discussion.

Without further adieu, I wish a warm welcome to my fellow cinephiles. Here are some discussion points to get our thread started:

>What have you been watching recently?

>What is your opinion on the current state of American and world cinema?

I watched Blade Runner today and I must say, I was blown away. A revolutionary sci-fi and a well-deserved award winner.

So do you do this like every day then?

Blade Runner fucking sucks.
I rewatched Star Wars Episode 2 and found it quite riveting however.

>simply moved past imdb-core
>blade runner

He was a high ground good friend

he actually fell for it the madman

I've been watching since the 1960s and have around 100k movies under my belt. All it has done is made me bitter. Everything seems more amateurish now. Time is a good filter of course and there was lots of shit I waded through in each decade to find gems. I'm just more harsh towards the shit and social propaganda now. Hollywood needs an enema.

The last film I saw that made me sit up and pay attention was "13 Tzameti" in original language without subtitles. I don't even speak French/Georgian and even without knowing the language I was still on the edge of my seat. It was shot well enough that everything going on could be inferred even without sound.

Top fucking kek.
Made my night/10

I've been watching film, studying film production and history, for a solid 25 years now.

I've seen far, far, far, in excess of a thousand films (sadly - There was a point in my life where I would watch 2-3 films per day for several years).

For the last 5 years or so I have been utterly devoted to trash. Terrible B pictures. Just flotsam and jetsam of the cinema world.

I don't know why. It's all I can enjoy now.

>What have you been watching recently

Yesterday I watched;

>Smooth Talk
>Big Shots
>Batteries Not Included
>The Infiltrator
>The Wailing
>Psycho 2 and 3
>Goat

>What is your opinion on the current state of film

Means of production are much cheaper, yet the output is a lot more amateurish. While this seems like a self evident course of action - I find it strange. Production values are easier to obtain now, yet they don't match what was previously produced in the 1980's (I'm talking specifically about low end genre films here). I would chalk it up to budget constraints, but reviewing the budgets, you see them operating at only a slightly smaller level than that of their 80's counterparts. A million as opposed to 1.5 million (obviously more when accounting for inflation), but the actual production quality is infinitely cheaper to obtain now, so I don't know why they have such a shoddy and cheap level of craftsmanship. It can't solely be down to the market having an easier entry level and more people in it, as the market should still contain quality filmmakers.

I honestly think there is just less intellectual ability behind the cameras now. Or less effort is put forth because we have an even less demanding market. I dunno honestly.

>Blade Runner fucking sucks.
dumb frogposter

Sickening read

I rate this trollpost 0/10 for making me taste my bad cooking again

I've only seen 3 movies in my life, can i join you guyz?

>inb4 someone posts something in Cyrillic

>I've seen far, far, far, in excess of a thousand films
WOAH GUYS WE GOT A SERIOUS CINEPHILE HERE

Interesting post. I rate this 0/10. Reason being the anecdote in the end which was quite frankly 'cucky'

I hate capeshit because of how oversaturated the market is now. Iron Man, Winter Soldier, TDK trilogy, GoTG and The Crow are my favorites.

How do people keep watching this shit? I got so fucking fed up and I hope the demographic realizes that it's stifling actual film productions.

Being rude on the internet won't make you feel better about yourself user.

I've tried it myself.

Kill yourself, aeltbx

I rate your response a 2/10.

Stale memes dropped it a full 2 points.

>Lies das und Weine
>that screencap

lmfao nice one