Best rebootshit in recent history

>Stays true to philosophically driven predecessors
>GOAT worldbuilding
>GOAT battle scenes
>Solid acting
>God tier motion capture

The new apes series is objectively the best reboot franchise is of this decade. Matt Reeves is a genius for taking the series in a new/different direction while keeping the heart of the apes series at the core of his work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HJWnRCuYlfo?t=185
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope 3 stays as strong, like 2 of the writers of Dawn went to Avatar

I don't know man, we aren't quite there yet. The first one was forgettable. Second one is GOAT. Third is in the air.

ohhh fuck. I didn't know that.

Figures they would jump ship for guaranteed Avatar sheckles

>KOBA... NOT... APE!

Not gonna lie, that shit was fucking amazing.

Caesar using logical argumentation to justify murdering Koba was fantastic

>CESAR. WEAK.
>KOBA....WEAKER

Love that line.

That, and all of the build up to it was great. Tricking a kid into betraying his own father over ego? That's some straight-up Shakespearean shit, right there.

Koba had it coming. I really liked his character though, the guy who did his voice added this kind of manic to his voice that was really creepy, like when you hear him screaming out for Caesar.

Technically, gravity and impact murdered Koba. plus, he isn't dead.

why is he so cute to me? i shouldn't find him attractive but i do

Well no. Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver did Rise. Then when the original director of Rise asked for more time to do the film he wanted to do, executives brought on Matt Reeves as well as two more writers to change Jaffa's and SIlver's script to the Dawn we saw in 2014. Jaffa and Silver left, probably because more of their vision was being supplanted.

>The first one was forgettable

>Get your stinking paws off me you damn, dirty ape!
>.............NNNNOOOOOOO!

However yes, the second one was infinitely better. So fucking good.

>plus, he isn't dead.

He actually survived all that twisted metal and debris? Such a hatefueled simian

Ash's screaming in this scene really fucked my shit up. I hope Based rocket has another child in the next one.

Interesting. What was Jaffa and Silver's original vision? DId the Rise director share the same vision? I'm curious to know what could have been.

>Best rebootshit in recent history
I agree with you on every word in that

It's the best but it's still shit

Caesar is Marry Sue and all men are gay.

I kind of dig that - a villain fueled by his own righteous indignation to the death. You don't get a lot of that these days.

Can't agree more. I think they're better even than the originals (bar the first).

I thought the first one was more engaging all the way through (bar the silliness at the end.
I saw 2 not knowing what to expect. If I could have let my guard down I would have enjoyed it a lot more than I did (which was a lot). Funny that one of, if not the most Shakespearean movie of the last 3+ decades was a post-apocalyptic movie about monkeys.

first one was decent. second one was complete shit

I wanted to like that, honestly, but you can only put so many worried Japanese politicians in a movie until it becomes boring. Shin Godzilla has even less screentime and "fuck yeah" moments than the 2014 Natty Gains Godzilla. It's a shame, because there was so much goddamn potential. They did an awesome job of setting up potential sequels, though.

>What was Jaffa and Silver's original vision?

No clue, doubt we'll ever know. The only info we have is already on wikipedia.

After the release of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, director Rupert Wyatt commented on possible sequels: "I think we're ending with certain questions, which is quite exciting. To me, I can think of all sorts of sequels to this film, but this is just the beginning."[6] Screenwriter and producer Rick Jaffa also stated that Rise featured several clues as to future sequels: "I hope that we're building a platform for future films. We're trying to plant a lot of the seeds for a lot of the things you are talking about in terms of the different apes and so forth."[7]

On September 17, 2012, there were reports that director Wyatt was considering leaving the sequel due to his concern that a May 2014 release date would not give him enough time to make the film properly.[14] On October 1, Cloverfield director Matt Reeves was confirmed as his replacement.[15] Reeves had been working on developing a new Twilight Zone film.[16] On October 18, Mark Bomback, writer of Live Free or Die Hard, was reported to be doing a re-write for Reeves.[17]

On May 15, 2012, it was announced Scott Z. Burns had been hired to do rewrites on the original screenplay by Rise writers Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.[12] On May 31, 2012, 20th Century Fox announced that the sequel would be titled Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.[13]
Post-production

On September 17, 2012, there were reports that director Wyatt was considering leaving the sequel due to his concern that a May 2014 release date would not give him enough time to make the film properly.[14] On October 1, Cloverfield director Matt Reeves was confirmed as his replacement.[15] Reeves had been working on developing a new Twilight Zone film.[16] On October 18, Mark Bomback, writer of Live Free or Die Hard, was reported to be doing a re-write for Reeves.[17]

Shit I want to see it in USA badly. can he walk any faster?

>second one was complete shit

youtu.be/HJWnRCuYlfo?t=185

The way Koba smiles when he lies makes his character so real. The shameless of a savage ape with the intelligence of man makes for a sinister character.

Kind of like niggers

It's what makes Koba an interesting character. He knows he's a scumbag, but he uses humans' tactics to bend the apes to his will.

It was ok, but the gimmick wears thin early on. The original wasn't all that great though, so you aren't wrong.

Only 2 more days, m8

>Stays true to philosophically driven predecessors
Stopped there.

You are literally retarded.

The entire fucking premise of this new series is that the people making it LITERALLY did NOT understand the end of the original movie.

Explain?

I have an idea for a future Planet of the Apes movie thats like man and Ape join forces to fight against an external foe its fucking lizard men riding dinosaurs and shooting lasers, it would be like in the future or something

what do you think? Do i have what it takes to make it in Hollywood?

>chimpanzees who communicate in sign language have better arcs than most human action movie characters
How did this happen?

you missed your chance senpai. In the 70's Fox would have done anything to keep the already dead franchise going.

Have you never seen the original movie?

Can you elaborate? Been awhile since I've watched the original.

Not the user you're replying to but are you referring to the original film's implication that man was the orchestrator of their own demise that led to apes ruling the Earth?

Because I feel like the new movies do a pretty good job of depicting that. None of either films' events would have transpired without actions carried out by humans.

Maybe it's not in the way you thought, certainly there are many other ways it could've been executed (nuclear warfare, for example) but they chose to make the Alzheimer's cure both the catalyst for advanced ape intelligence as well as an epidemic that wiped out large numbers of people. Maybe a little too convenient, but it works pretty well in the context of the story they're trying to tell. Especially when you consider all the staff changes outlined in

He knows what I'm talking about, though obviously we disagree on the big picture.

That's what I suspected. I understand where you're coming from--the original film established mankind's culpability in a much more dramatic, resonant way--but I think that element is still present in the newer films.

>OP isn't a faggot for once
Am I in the right universe?