Did Race Play a Role in Larry Wilmore's Downfall?

nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/did-race-play-role-larry-wilmore-s-downfall-n634336

>Still, according to Elsa Waithe, a four-year veteran African-American stand-up comic, "The Nightly Show" was appointment television for her and plenty of her black peers, if for no other reason because it was one of the few comedy shows of its kind on air currently featuring a predominately black perspective.

>"To be frank, I think when they say Larry Wilmore's show wasn't 'playing well with audiences' I think that's just coded language to say its wasn't playing well with white audiences," she told NBC News. "Maybe for white audiences that was too many black people at once."

>"It's unfortunate that it was cancelled," added stand-up comic and former "Last Comic Standing" semifinalist Cyrus McQueen in a statement to NBC. "The few opportunities for black comedy writers just got reduced further."

>"You started a conversation that was not on television when you began," Stewart told Wilmore in an emotional farewell. "And you worked with a group of people who you invited to that conversation to collaborate with you, to sharpen that conversation and what you don't realize is, you walk out of this room and that conversation doesn't end."

Huh. Really makes you think.

him being a cunt played a big role

Maybe if he were funny it'd still be on

race did play a role

him pandering to one race who wasnt turning in to actually watch his show and alienating the other half kind of gets shows cancelled

>Did Race Play a Role in Larry Wilmore's Downfall?

Yes. That's all he ever fucking talked about and people got fed up.

Yes

This was a show for BET, not Comedy Central. I want entertainment, not race baiting and groupthink.

> A TV show on a major free to air channel, in probably THE most competitive timeslot doesn't play well with 87% of the population.
> Hurr racism is why it got canned.

You know, i used to think niggers weren't just flat out dumb.

No.
Two words: Dave Chapelle

On the air 13 fucking years before this shitheel of a comedian. On the exact same channel. Dealing with race. And wildly successful.

Fuck off with posting this month old article already.

Did shitposting play a role in OP's repost?

Months later and you are still posting this. I am impressed.

>4 year comic

>To be frank, I think when they say Larry Wilmore's show wasn't 'playing well with audiences' I think that's just coded language to say its wasn't playing well with white audiences

>60% of the population in the US is white

NAWWWWWW

Who cares about this fuckin loser.

>60% of the population in the US is white

Really that low?

Damn. That's kind of sad (no racist).

>a four-year veteran stand-up comic,

That's nothing in stand-up.

It's closer to 67%, not counting Hispanics, but yea.

Go get a job Larry and stop posting this

I blame his regular non-expert guests. The actual guests were usually good and interesting but his buddies that were on the show every week were awful. They used it as a platform to try and get themselves attention with stupid little phrases and rants. They weren't ever smart or creative or in any way relevant.

That clip with Bill Nye where they complained about science being too hard and therefore pointless was where they lost all support.

63% years ago, be even lower by now

No, he was a terrorist who bombed the white house.

Thread reported for spam :^)))

Yeah, low percentage, but if you look at the raw numbers it's still a lot of people.

He wasn't anywhere near as funny as Stewart was and he wasn't a replacement for Stewart ... he was basically trying to make his own show which is why it was cancelled.

Has nothing to do with his race, it has to do with the talent. Just because you are 'black' doesn't mean you get extra percentage points in whatever field you're in... Chris Rock is funny, Larry Wilmore isn't. That's all there is to it.

All this race talk is just Twitter monkeys riding the coat-tails of the media humping "race topics" when the bottom line is it has little to do with race and more to do with talent.

I thought it was because nobody watched the show?

Maybe you shouldn't try to make tv shows in a capitalist economy that appeal to 10% of the population at the maximum.