Press F to pay respects

>tfw Cred Forums doesn't even know who this master auteur was

If this doesn't get at least 100 replies, hiro should just delete this board t.b.h.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6rfzPErD1C0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who is this?

The ultimate director.

this board is hopeless.

100s of threads all day about capeshit this and "what did he mean by this" that; noone ever talks about actuals films intended as art, it's just constant wankery over movies intended as product.

He's Andrzej Wajda, one of the great Polish directors, who died today. Second only to Kieslowski.

That's pretty sad, he's made some really top tier movies back in the day. Wondering if after his death there will come some weird cult following, like in Kieslowski's case.

>Yeah this is old news, he died earlier this year
>Realize I was thinking of Andrzej Żuławski
>So Andrzej Wajda died
>Nobody cared about either of them, neither made the news or got a sticky
>Learned about both deaths from a small thread that 404'd shortly afterwards

Nah, he was 90 years old.

The Kieslowski cult happened because he died so young (relatively speaking), right after he became the Euro-arthouse darling of the decade with the Three Colors trilogy. Wajda hasn't been relevant since at least Danton in the 80s.

Though I'm looking at his Letterboxd page and he apparently had a film out this year

Man, you should have seen the Kiarostami thread some months back.

That's right, the Kiarostami thread, not threads.

There were probably over 100 replies, but I'd wager about 20 posters tops.

There have been a few threads already

Have there? I didn't check the archive, but I just heard about his death an hour ago and didn't see anything active on the catalog.

Literally kino

"Ashes and Diamonds"

Only seen his major films, but I've always thought Danton was his best

Also had one of the goat posters desu

Shamefully, I never watched it. I guess now it's a good time.

Depardieu gets a bit histrionic near the end, but it has one of the most haunting endings I've ever seen--what I mean to say is, it's a film that really makes you think.

youtube.com/watch?v=6rfzPErD1C0

Here's the trailer for his final film. Premiered in Toronto last month, scheduled for wide release in Poland in March.

Didn't Kubrick call it the best movie he's ever seen?

Oh shit he's dead?
Man, Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre were the bomb
RIP in piece

xd

“Stanley thought Danton was very nearly beyond criticism and ‘perhaps the finest historical film ever made’. He loved everything about it and said he would never tire of watching the scenes with Gérard Depardieu and Wojciech Pszoniak (‘I’d love to use that Polish actor in something’).” - Anthony Frewin interviewed by the BFI.

Wajda also used Ligeti over the end credits (I think).

Fuck off

F

bump

literally who

F

(You)

>Polish director

wow its fucking nothing

what is the next trend by the way, will fedora wearing retards start enjoying Zimbabwean movies calling it "kino"?

No one knows who this guy fucking was, he left no mark on world cinema so fuck off

You didn't answer my question. Literally who.

F

F
I love Ashes and Diamonds

Here's your reply.