Why was this season so bad?

Why was this season so bad?

Restarting the series and giving it another chance, because i never made it past season 2. The pilot is fucking amazing, and alot of season 1 is typical AMC quality stuff (really good). But the show gets bogged down by stupid characters and alot of nothing going on.

It was amazing when we just followed rick in the pilot. Why couldnt it have just been him, the black guy and his son for a season? Why do all the goos characters die (meryl, shane) and why does T-Dog exist?

>Why was this show so bad?
fix'd

I wish there was a chart like that that also included the corresponding budgets for each season to really drive home how hard AMC turned the show into shit.

What do the colors mean?

They are rage indicators, they're going to have to invent a new colour for the next season.

writers have no fucking idea what buildup and pacing is, makes for lots of unintentional comedy tho

Its the worst show on television. Its like if you told an old man on life support to make a speach and even though its badly paced and doesn't really amount to anything the crowd roars in respect for him even though he never earned it.

>watching zombie shit

you need to be 18+ to post here

eh neegan is here now. comics get better here, they move away from that hurr were walking around for months trying to survive and show how hard it is to live in this world without actually showing us doing anything other than talk amongst ourselves.
now they actually fight, and trade with communities and bad guys just keep coming.

Where is my the walking dead s07e01 torrent???
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Plot is they want to find the missing girl
>Stick it out on a boring farm for 10 episodes because they don't want to move on without her
>Oh woops she was dead in the barn the whole time
>See ya next season
Also Shane literally did nothing wrong and died because Rick pre-Ricktatorship is a bad character

Frankie got fired.

This shows fucking blows and I'm actually angry with myself for watching it for 4 and a half seasons

>tfw you'll never see a Shane/Negan showdown

it airs on the 23rd famalam

Am I the only one who enjoyed the farming season? Sophia bullshit aside, I liked how they finally realized the gravity of the situation they were all in and how they couldn't go back to how it was before.

the first season had a real director and was fucking movie quality

after that first season they changed directors out and slashed the budget and wanted more for less and its been a shitshow ever since

You can tell Darabnot really cared about sticking to the comic in some places but I wonder how much the new show runner is a fan of the comics?

I'm pretty sure Darabont actually wanted to depart from the comics. Instead of the CDC, season 1 was supposed to end after a very brief stay to the Greene farm where things went south much faster and then it basically became an original story after that. No prison, no Governor, no Alexandria, no Negan, none of that. Darabont was also pushing hard for smart zombies. Not only could you see Morgan's wife try to use a doorknob, one use a rock to smash a window, and a bunch climbing fences, he also wanted walkers to cannibalize weak and dying walkers and for them to actually start developing "communities." That was probably a contributing factor to him leaving (beyond the budget cut and screwing him out of residuals) is that Kirkman and the other produces fucking hated it and just wanted to stick to the source material.

After that, Glen Mazzara (season 2 and season 3) was more interested in adapting the source material but also wanted to change things up along the way like having Andrea at Woodbury and torn between her loyalties. He had good ideas on paper, but he just wasn't very good at bringing them to life. At the very least, I think he did a great job of developing a compelling Governor who was more than just a mustache-twirling Danny Trejo expy.

Scott Gimple has been in charge since after people loved the Clear episode and he's far more interested in just treating the comics as a bible, only fleshing things out and changing them when necessary or to fill a season out. He's hit or miss, because sometimes he just feels like a Kirkman yes-man; fixing things Kirkman regrets, and trying to railroad the past several seasons worth of deviations until the show becomes the comic again.

So do we all agree Abraham is getting the bat?

him and glenn