Why are they called A-wings, B-wings, X-wings and Y-wings, etc...

Why are they called A-wings, B-wings, X-wings and Y-wings, etc. when there are no characters in the Galactic Standard alphabet that correspond with the shapes of those Latin/Roman letters?

They shouldn't even know what an "X" is aside from their version of it, which looks nothing like ours.

Look at their letters and then look at the ships' letters again.

thank me later ;)

What?

You're fucking retarded

That's not arubesh

you should do the same sort of tracing with the latin characters.

For the sake of Christ, I can't figure out how a B-wing looks like a B at all.

b

like I said, you're retarded

hey, i like it.

/thread

Nice job with the A-Wing you dyslexic faggot

Maby there's more then one alphabet in the GFFA.
Maby in the GFFA X, A, Y, B, U, etc are more akin to symbols or a pictographic alphabet, similar to things like "plus" (+), "Hash" (#), "Percent" (%) or even things like "Star" or "Heart"

Also, this

B wing makes more sense, but now the A and X make less sense

Maybe it's not directly translated dialogue, you autist, or is Galactic Basic just coincidentally exactly the same as English?

thats the angeliced version

>there are no characters in the Galactic Standard alphabet that correspond with the shapes of those Latin/Roman letters?

high galactic language was asspulled for this specific purpose. no joke.

>subtle Commander Keen troll is subtle

Because George Lucas is a hack

Explain

The alphabet in the OP is not from Star Wars, it's from a series of 2D platformers from Id Software.

Because its made for children and is the furthest thing possible from hard sci fi.
>fat guy named Porkins
>light sabre
>roger
>Wookies
>Dexter Jettser and his 1950s diner

Surely I don't need to continue.

i had to run to the gents just to laugh this out you bastard. now my colleagues know i was looking at retarded shit.

Oh shit, I thought it looked familiar.

Fucking lmao