We ask Americans about things we see in Film and TV and don't know if they are real or not

>We ask Americans about things we see in Film and TV and don't know if they are real or not.

Is it true you have to get naked and school and shower with other students after PE?

Is it true Americans get giant paper bags at the super market that you have to hold at the bottom?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3AQ-D_OnF-E
youtube.com/watch?v=JC0OzuBuMfo
youtube.com/watch?v=6N4tLAAy5Fg
politifact.com/florida/statements/2016/jul/18/rudy-giuliani/rudy-giuliani-wrongly-says-hillary-clinton-open-bo/
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/press-release
youtube.com/watch?v=4sT99Y4AnmA
youtube.com/watch?v=PrzwpZfONXY
abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Haha no. Hasn't been a thing in years. I never experienced it. I'm 24

>American character uses cutlery to eat a piece of fruit

I've seen people I know do this.

>Americans eat pizza with a knife and fork

>American cops know the manufacturer and year of every car in existence
Remember asking an American exchange student about this at school. He didn't have a clue either

Do Americans really keep their salt in the fridge?

I use a fork when it's hot as fuck. Yeah this isn't really either.

Haha wtf. No. I mean I don't anyways. This is bait

Why would you put the pizza in your mouth if it's too hot to even touch?

This actually applies to a good third of Americans. Probably a quarter. People know their cars here. At least where I'm from.

Idk... really makes me think.

Do you really have to share a single room with another person when you're an adult in further education?

>europoors are so poor they don't have the fridge space to extend the life of their goods

>watch american tv show
>character is cooking
>needs salt
>opens the fridge
Wtf america

Haha nice bait amerifriend

Why does every high school and college play "Land of Hope and Glory" when people graduate in films? Does it really happen?

youtu.be/3AQ-D_OnF-E

>Is it true you have to get naked and school and shower with other students after PE?
In some schools, and it's usually optional
>Is it true Americans get giant paper bags at the super market that you have to hold at the bottom?
Every grocery store I've been to offers paper or plastic, though a lot seem to have stopped offering paper since no one ever gets it
I've never seen anyone who does
I've never even heard this one
I listen to the police scanner sometimes when I'm bored, and while a lot do give the full make and model, often they will just say "black sedan" or shit like that
In some dorms, it's a money thing
It's tradition. Don't know why, but that's real.

>implying salt needs its shelf life extended
It was literally used to preserve other foods in the Middle Ages man, what the fuck are you on

What's up with that homoerotic hazing, America?

Don't know why, but dudebro frat culture is borderline gay, and by boderline gay I mean they are often gayer than actual homosexuals

youtube.com/watch?v=JC0OzuBuMfo

>Character answers their phone

>"Yeah?"

Does this happen?

Yeah

I've never experienced it, but I could see people with caller ID, which pretty much everyone has now doing that

Yeah

Yeah

>American goes to the bathroom
>he doesn't wash his butt on the bidet

We just dunk our ass into the toilet itself

Shoes in the fucking house

>being skinny

I did this today

You underestimate the size of our toilets.

>he doesn't shower with other boys after PE class
>he doesn't play grab ass with other boys after showering after PE class
Are you homosexual?

Do highschoolers really have their own cars?

Is the school ball actually a thing people give a shit about?

Are people really THAT psyched to go to the beach?

yeah this bothers me too
in every series they keep their shoes on, even when you put their feet on the bed/couch

Are frat houses really places of endless free beer, hot girls, turbo Chads and raucous parties every night?
I grew up watching Saved by the Bell as a kid and I taught Irish secondary school was gonna be liked Saved by the Bell. I was so disappointed when I got to first year

>Do highschoolers really have their own cars?
Pretty common. My highschool actually had to section off the parking lots between seniors, underclassmen, and faculty
>Is the school ball actually a thing people give a shit about?
They try to force the hype for balls because they earn money for the school, and a fair amount of people fall for it, but for the most part not really
>Are people really THAT psyched to go to the beach?
Some people will get hyped for anything, but tons of people get really hyped to go to the beach. However, I'm an east coaster, and since the beach is so close, almost no one I know gives a shit. Most the hype for going to the beach isn't so much for the beach, but the giant party that will be thrown at the beach

Why do Americans always give eachother nicknames

What the hell

In my country you're called your name.

If your name is Benjamin, its gonna get shorted to Ben, then why the hell not change your name to Ben??

You get plastic bags for everything. It's literally plastic bags within plastic bags within plastic wrappers. For a European, the first time you see this you are really confused...

You could be buying one item that is already in a bad and they put it inside of another bag... and then look at you funny when you refuse.

Another thing is driving. Be prepared to be scared for your life. Whereas in most of the civilized world, you actually have to learn how to handle a motor vehicle before the government will even consider issuing you a license to drive on the public roads.. in the USA, all you need is to pass a remedial 15 minute multiple choice exam and take a 5 minute drive around small parking lot. People in the USA can not drive. Period. They do not know how to drive. At all. No on ever signals, they have no idea how to respond to a round-about, and the passing lane does not exist. No one will move over for anything or anyone. They love to drive side by side and block the road even when there is little to no traffic. Oh and of course every other car on the road is some 8 L 2-ton truck.. with just one tiny woman or man in it.

Do Americans love baseball that godamn much? Some shows will just at random have episodes completely dedicated to jacking it to baseball, the worst offender i remember being and X-files episode about how ayy-lmaos come to earth to play the greatest game ever (baseball)

>pass a remedial 15 minute multiple choice exam and take a 5 minute drive around small parking lot.

This has to be satire

Right?

Where are you from?
Or are you simply older than 30?

No, not really. Our biggest sport is Football (Handegg).

These days it's 100% a white people thing. I don't mean like ice hockey is a white people thing. Totally different kind of white people. Like real whitey McWhite people. Other than that.. South American immigrants, etc.. you know, Cubans and Dominicans and all that shit. No one else gives a shit.

Didn't see your question, and I'm trying to get them all. Yes, tons of people wear their shoes in the house, but a lot of us, myself included will force visitors to take them off. I have to tell just about every guest to take their shoes off, and even a few of my regular friends who come over needs reminding from time to time

Only been to a couple, and the answer is yes, but like most things the movies heavily exaggerate. At least as far as I know.

Often if a group has multiple people with the same name, one or both will get a nickname, and we have a lot of lazy parents who name everyone shit like Joe, John, Dave, and so on. Also sports players tend to know each other by their last names. Sometimes names will just form for no real reason as well.

Yes and no. A lot do, but a lot don't. I'd say that football is far more popular among us, but baseball is still pretty popular, but on the decline.

Tipping. Why do you guys tip? I'll be watching a film and the character will tip the pizza delivery guy or the fucking waiter when all he did was do the job he's already getting paid for.

Nope. Maybe 20 minute multiple choice and a 5 minute cruise around a tiny parking lot, doing no more than 10-15 mph.

A few states (Florida, Arizona, etc) even issue licenses to those who are legally blind. Think about that. Think about that!

>a lot of us, myself included will force visitors to take them off
Like this?

Because the Jews have their claws wrapped around the flow of money in our country. It's an excuse for store owners to pay their staff a fraction of minimum wage

Denmark

Because those people don't actually get paid for that job. After the tips are taxed, many waiters make NEGATIVE money from actual wages.

Think about that!

I did my test on side streets with practically no traffic

Nobody likes tipping, we don't throw money at people because we are so happy with them. It's a fucked up system and the workers don't make much if you don't

The test I took had 20 questions, and even had the exact same question on it twice. The physical test took a bit longer than 5 minutes, but not a whole lot more. People in this country have no idea how to fucking drive.

I use a shotgun, but yes.

Thousands of people turning up to watch 16 year olds play each other at a sports match.

Does it happen?

what the hell
how is this allowed

Thousands is an exaggeration, but when my highschool would play our nearby rivals, the place would be packed beyond belief. A lot of people go just to go to the social event, even with no interest in the game itself.

American Football, yes.

It's like a cult.

One that stood out for me was on DS9 when Bashir and O'Brien were obsessed with the Alamo for some reason, rather than any number of British or European conflicts.

Do Americans think that other nationalities know much about or are that bothered about their history?

American who hates football.

Can confirm the cult of football.

It's not an exaggeration in many parts of the US. Think Texas. Just look it up. There are high school football stadiums that looks like professional arenas.

Are American High schools anything like they are in shows like say Freaks and Geeks or whatever? Over here, we consider the Inbetweeners to be the most accurate high school show, what is the most accurate high school show in the US?

Do you really have like 6 ft tall lockers? Our lockers were like 2x2ft

Did you really have to get a physical from the nurse?

Is it true you have to stand in the hallway in your underware while you get this physical?

Is it true you get your dick and prostate examined in the physical?

Are US colleges anything like the movies?

Are Frats and Sororities real and they wear toga's and shit and drink out of red cups and play some beer pong game?

In the seventies, yes, we had paperbags. Now we have plastic ones instead.

And yes, the shower thing was common. You just have to no-homo through it.

Uh, no. Not at all, and when they do, they're shunned.

No. No we don't.

In College, if we stay on the school's campus, we have Dormitories. Their different levels of dorms depending on how much you get, but usually, yeah, you have to get used to staying in a room with someone. Unless they let you get an apartment your first year of college, but you better get a roomate to help pay for that too.

Yes, we do. It's supposed to be formal.

Not unless you are expecting them to call back from a minute ago, and rarely then either. We usually go "Hello?" and the person goes "Yes, is this {insert name here}?"

We usually take our shoes off, but if people are over, you wear shoes. Plus, the floor can get dirty.

Girls get psyched to go to the beach on different levels. Most primarily just fret about their weight though. It's not like it is in the movies.

The school ball...We have Senior Prom, and, well, yeah, it's tradition. Girls mainly fret over it to, guys not so much.

As for the car question...not ALL do. We get our driver's permits at, like, 16, and you have to drive with a parent. Then you take your driving test and get a restricted license, then a full one by 18.

My name is Nicholas, but I prefer Nick because it's shorter. Does that mean I don't want to be named Nicholas? No. Besides, changing names is too much work for us lazy people.

I don't know much about sports, but I'd say baseball is definitely NOT as loved as you think. Football and BasketBall on the other hand are like religion to most people. If you're a kid and don't know much about sports, prepare to be outcasted like I was.

Because we have minimum wage, and that doesn't support enough. The majority of their pay is tips.

Only thing I heard about Denmark is that they are introverted unfriendly people.
Would you get angry if I call you by a nickname?

US history is driven into us every year. World studies was a class of its own, but we pretty much speed through the entire history of the rest of the world over a semester or two, and move on. It rarely sticks. Yes, we expect you people to know about shit like the Alamo, but don't know dick about your history. I've on many occasions mention historic battles like Paschendale or the hundred years war to people and got nothing but blank stares. We do know WWII pretty well though. It's propaganda to incite patriotism, and a good part of why we are so 'USA USA USA" about everything.

My cousin does this. He has some weird phobia and can't stand the sound of people chewing fruit.

Quitting your job. In movies people just say fuck it and don't turn up. Even entry-level/menial labor/retail type shit. Is this common behaviour in the US?

It doesn't really work like that here; if you don't hand in your 2 weeks notice then your employer isn't obligated to pay your final wage OR your annual leave/public/alternate holiday pay - all of which can add up to a shitload of dosh you'd be missing out on if you go AWOL.

Also characters often get fired out of the blue; can that actually happen over there?

yes on getting naked and showering.

paper bags depends. where i live you have to pay for plastic or paper. most people just use canvas bags now to hold their groceries.

thanks liberals.

>Americans sit on the roof which is squeaky clean
>Americans always find close parking spots
and my favorite
>There are no fat people in America
Is there a bus with a siren that rounds up the fatties when there's a public shoot, was quite the shock visiting the US and seeing fat fucks everywhere

Is it true that alpha football jocks and Chads in general bang all the girls before highschool before normal folks, beta orbiters and nerds could ever get to them?

Full names sound too formal and most Americans have a laid back attitude.
Unless someone specifies we'll usually just shorten it.
Alex instead of Alexander. Sam instead of Samuel. You get it.
My name is Rodney but sometimes people call me Rod but I prefer Rodney because rod sounds gay as fuck.

I actually agree that our driving tests should be harder/longer etc. But do you really think a more comprehensive driving test would increase the competence of drivers that much? It's just to weed out people that are too retarded to pass a test, making it a bit harder wouldn't change that. What makes good drivers is experience, the dangerous ones are the teenagers who lack it, and the old people that are becoming too senile to drive.

The only way to remedy this is to start testing people past say 60 to make sure they are still competent, and maybe increase the age to drive to 18. I know you want to think Europe or wherever you are from somehow has better drivers because you have an hour long test, or maybe have to take a few token classes, but it simply isn't true. In fact, since people in the US drive much much more then most places over in Euro-land because of wide open spaces here and less public transport, i would be willing to bet we have the better drivers just based on experience. By the way most people here that aren't in the ghetto take months of drivers ed before even attempting the stupid test we have.

The fuck

Get license here in Australia

>Sit a 2 day course where you have to learn everything about driving, drugs, alcohol watch videos of people dying from car crashes and shit

>Then after 2 day course, you get an exam of like 30 questions that is filled with poorly worded trick questions, get one wrong and you fail and have to sit the entire course again.

>After that you have to do like 40 hours of supervised driving with a Driving instructor.

>Then pass a fucking bullshit driving test where they take you on a route on public roads, in peak hour, often through fucking tonnes of hidden stop signs and school zones. If you get one thing wrong, you fail and have to pay $80 to redo the test.

Is it true your houses are made of wood and thin plaster sheets that you can punch through and your doors can be broken into by just hitting them with your shoulder?

>not showering after PE

What stinky hellhole do you live in?

>I've on many occasions mention historic battles like Paschendale or the hundred years war to people and got nothing but blank stares.

What can you tell me about Agincourt or Trafalgar?

What the fuck is it like showing with your classmates? Like, seeing your friends dicks and stuff?

Tipped workers don't get min wage. They made as little as $2/hr in some places... AND they have to give some money back to the restaurant..not a percentage of their tips, but of their sales, which is even more fucked up, which then goes to other staff... THEN they still have to get taxed on all that.

If they don't get tipped, they actually lose money to work between having to pay the restaurant a percentage of their sales and then pay the government a percentage of that measly wage.

It's really fucked up.

Why do you need punchable walls?

>What is deodorant?

the US, with uncommon exception, does not offer those benefits for service-based employment. So spontaneous absenteeism happens all the time in retail and menial labor.

But, why not go and see a lower league professional team? Though I suppose we are lucky to have so many in just football

>It doesn't really work like that here; if you don't hand in your 2 weeks notice then your employer isn't obligated to pay your final wage OR your annual leave/public/alternate holiday pay - all of which can add up to a shitload of dosh you'd be missing out on if you go AWOL.

ya we don't any get of that shit you just said especially for lower wage jobs. and they have to pay our wages no matter what. so no consequences for just leaving except you won't get a good reference obviously.

and yes they can fire you for anything in most states unless you are a minority, or in a union. or under some contract

This more similar to Europe. In Germany it can take you a few months and many many Euros (4 digit number) to do all that you need to do in order to get a license.

But how many people die on the road in Germany? And yes, delimited highways are real. How many in USA? I'd say it's working just fine for Germany.

We only had to shower after pool so everyone stayed in the bathing suit. The dudes that had something extra would sometimes show off.

>Are American High schools anything like they are in shows like say Freaks and Geeks or whatever? Over here, we consider the Inbetweeners to be the most accurate high school show, what is the most accurate high school show in the US?
I don't think I've ever seen an accurate depiction that I can think of, but I think it's a large matter of the writers writing what highschool was like back when they were in it, and since so many years have passed, things have changed
>Do you really have like 6 ft tall lockers? Our lockers were like 2x2ft
Regular use locker Yes, but our gym lockers were closer to 2x2
>Did you really have to get a physical from the nurse?
In school the closest to a physical I ever got was the scoliosis exam given by the gym teachers, as an adult, you're supposed to get them on the regular from your doctor
>Is it true you have to stand in the hallway in your underware while you get this physical?
For Scoliosis we only had to take off our shirts, and we only had to do that once we got to the office.
>Is it true you get your dick and prostate examined in the physical?
I think so, but I'm in my 30's, and haven't been to the doctor since I was like 16 I know I should, but fuck it
>Are US colleges anything like the movies?
To an extent. Like most things movies exaggerate things to level 11
>Are Frats and Sororities real and they wear toga's and shit and drink out of red cups and play some beer pong game?
Very much so

>Quitting your job. In movies people just say fuck it and don't turn up. Even entry-level/menial labor/retail type shit. Is this common behaviour in the US?
Yeah, people do that all the time
>Also characters often get fired out of the blue; can that actually happen over there?
I've never witnessed it, but I believe it does happen

Where are you from? Japan?

What kind of small dick country doesn't shower after PE class. Dane and we did it through high school

>implying only Americans do this

>Regular use locker Yes, but our gym lockers were closer to 2x2
baka i didnt even have a locker. had to carry all shit every day

t. new zealand

>mfw being near a sweaty teenager that has doused himself in Axe/Lynx spray to "cover up" the smell of sweat rather than washing

>What can you tell me about Agincourt or Trafalgar?
I want to say Agincourt was something during the hundred years war, but that's about as far as I can tell you, and even then I very well could be wrong. Trafalgar is unknown to me.

the US is a big place, some schools have no lockers like that, and some have the giant 6 foot ones you often see in tv and movies. just depends. It seems like the newer schools are moving away from lockers for some reason though. Probably for safety reasons actually

USA you can be fired for any reason at any time. They don't even have to give a reason. (Unless you are the very rare exception)No you do not get any paid days off, vacation or sickness. No pregnant women do not get any time off.

Getting pregnant is the #1 thing which destroys women's careers in the US. They end up getting let go, then can never find another job again. It's very common. Look it up.

My experience with the low-skill, low-wage, labor sector in the US has been interesting. Everyone hates their jobs and all they all think they are "too good" for this. IMHO this is why customer service is SO FUCKING BAD everywhere you go in the USA. No one can do anything right. Go to any place a few times and you will see.. say, it's some food place.. go maybe 5 times and 3 of those times they will get something wrong. Very few places are exceptions to this. Anywhere. Hardware store, to grocery store to average restaurant.. whatever. Low wage and low skill just equals misery in the US.

>Is it true Americans get giant paper bags at the super market that you have to hold at the bottom?
Sometimes, but usually it's also placed in a plastic bag.

>person taking a shower
>toilet flushes
>Shower suddenly become scalding hot
?

Here in australia we got like these tiny lockers, that couldn't fit shit, so yes, you had to carry everything around essentially.

Question for Americans.

Is it true you don't wear uniforms at school? Here in Australia, even at public schools you had to wear uniforms like pic related.

The ones I really don't get are the ones where the toilet flushes and the shower goes icy cold instead of hot. Like the goddamn toilet is using up the hot water.

Do American teenagers seriously look like 25 year olds once they hit like 14?

Seriously, when I go to bars and clubs and see what are 18 year olds just out of school, I could honestly mistake them for like 12, 13.

So why do Americans look so old in their high schools?

Normal schools don't have uniforms. Fancy and shitty ones do.

>USA you can be fired for any reason at any time. They don't even have to give a reason. (Unless you are the very rare exception)No you do not get any paid days off, vacation or sickness. No pregnant women do not get any time off.
I'd like to mention that this is often untrue for better paying jobs, just so people don't get the impression that it's everywhere. Maternity leave is a very common thing.

>My experience with the low-skill, low-wage, labor sector in the US has been interesting. Everyone hates their jobs and all they all think they are "too good" for this. IMHO this is why customer service is SO FUCKING BAD everywhere you go in the USA. No one can do anything right. Go to any place a few times and you will see.. say, it's some food place.. go maybe 5 times and 3 of those times they will get something wrong. Very few places are exceptions to this. Anywhere. Hardware store, to grocery store to average restaurant.. whatever. Low wage and low skill just equals misery in the US.
This however is spot on.

I've lived in about 8 or so houses in my life, and two of them did this, and they were both very old buildings.

While this is exaggerated by actors on TV and movies playing roles way younger than them, this is still true. We put a shitload of hormones into our animals and meat so that they grow as big as possible, as fast as possible, and well, you are what you eat.

Does every American literally say;

"You're welcome" to everything?, In the UK people mostly thank each other & "You're welcome" feels quite obnoxious even if it's not in a condescending tone.

>pop quiz

is this a cartoon thing or does it actually happen? if so do they count towards your class "grade"?

Depends on the school. Remember, USA is the land of deregulation and all that. There is no set standard on a federal or even a state by state level. It just depends on the school.. and charter and private schools are big in the US.

US public education system in most states is fuck all miserable. Kids are dumb as fucking rocks. Fucked up thing is most private schools are even worse. Many of them are Christian-Taliban shit holes.

you know that most of the movies and tv shows cast people in their 20's to play high schoolers right? so if that's what you are basing that off of, well there you go. Although, i have mistaken 15 year olds for in their 20's and had some close calls because of that....

Are single-sex highschools just not a thing at all in the US?
You never see them in shows or movies.

>our animals and meat
our animals and crops*

Not as much as we used to, it's more of an older generation thing now. "No problem" has replaced it for younger people.

>pop quiz
They aren't as common as tv would have you believe, but they happen all the time, and count towards your grade. The idea is to make sure you're studying everything you're told to, and not just what you're going to be tested on. It also depends very much on the teacher. Some love them, some hate them.

There are specialty schools that are single sex, like Catholic school and the such, but outside of that, I've never heard of it.

I'm not sure, but I think only private schools are single sex in the US.

If you want a reason.. US barely spends what they can to just get by on education, I imagine segregating the sexes would increase cost.

Do Americans really call the game you play with your feet soccer and the game you play with your hands football?

Are american walls really made of cardboard?

Do they really run out of hot water?

Do bullies really lock the nerds in lockers and leave them there till the next day?

>t. Saudi Arabia

just the extreme religious schools for the most part. and those kids come out fucked up. learning to talk to the opposite sex is an important part of being a teenager.

yes they do happen.

I guess it's a way to make sure the retards are actually learning things as they go, and not just learning everything the night before tests.

They are. They used to be more popular, but now it's the norm to go to a public high school, which are all coed and awful.

In general, US education is a joke. I'm sure you can come up with enough reasons why.

Here's a red, white, and blue flag: we don't have bidets.

Private and religious schools wear uniforms. Ghetto minority schools also sometimes wear uniforms to try and hide how shitty they are.

>tfw I'll never have this life

Pop quizzes were rare. That's why they called them pop quizzes because they pop up out of nowhere. I've only experienced one pop quiz my whole life.

>Do Americans really call the game you play with your feet soccer and the game you play with your hands football?
Yes, but the British started it, and only changed the name because they hated that we did it or some such shit.
>Are american walls really made of cardboard?
There are some areas made out of shitty material, but drywall is about as low as I've seen.
>Do they really run out of hot water?
In ancient houses. Well, ancient by American standards, so places older than say 50 years.

Correct on the sports

Walls are often made of what's called "dry wall" which can easily be punched through. The actual structure of the wall is more sturdy, though.

Yes we do run out of hot water, if it's been running for too long.

Not really.

Let me think...
Japan - no shoes
Eastern europe - no shoes.
Muslim shit - no shoes.
Europe - no shoes.

It is only 'murica thing. How can you go in the bed with shoes you been on the street.
Absolutely disgusting.

I bought one that attaches to my toilet at my local hardware store for less than $100 and installed it in less than an hour.

Worth every penny.

Do ALL schools have security/cops or is it just the ones in shitty/crime-ridden areas?

I have never experienced this, but I know more than one person who somehow locked themselves into their own lockers by being dumbasses.

I'm italian and I do this.

You think it is strange? Why?
Same pipes for cold water, and usually toilet first in order. So If flush, most of the water going into it.

ya but our streets are a lot cleaner then the shitholes you just listed

I'm an American but is driving stick really that uncommon in the US? Here (Idaho) literally everybody drives manual, but when I'm in Cali visiting relatives people look at you like you're the second coming of Jesus if you're able to work a clutch.

They have real cops at the shitty ones. My school was in an affluent neighborhood, and we had one police officer that was on the schools staff who would hang around occasionally, and handle any weird happenings, like weed smoking or escalating fights or something like that.

He spent most of his time in his office at a desk.

I'm quite sure every public school has cops. I don't think it's even security. It's actual police.

How else would we keep private for-profit prisons nice and full?

The prison system has had enough black men, so now the fastest growing prison population is black girls from high school.

Look up the school to prison pipeline.

All schools have security, but it's usually just a handful of regular Joes who are there to deal with the handful of delinquents.

Actual guard guards and police only exist in really shitty schools.

Maryland here. I can drive stick, and I know two other people who can. Myself and one other both moved from out of state.

Is it true girls don't take their tops off at the beach?

Is it true you are forced to pledge your allegiance to the president every morning in school?

Is it true people don't say goodbye when they hang up the phone?

Do americans really think they live in the best country in the world?

Yes, for-profit prisons are clearly the reason that black people get arrested for crimes.

>ya but our streets are a lot cleaner then the shitholes you just listed

Lol.

Because it's a piss-poor way of routing plumbing, that's why.

>cleaner
>some nigger piss or spit on it
>cleaner
Yeah, continue to bring aids in your house.

>Is it true girls don't take their tops off at the beach?
Yes. You can be fined for doing this. We are a country influenced heavily by puritans, and we haven't gotten over it.
>Is it true you are forced to pledge your allegiance to the president every morning in school?
20 years ago when I went to school yes. I assume it's the same now, but I'm betting that is changing with this whole kneeling during the Anthem shit that has been going on.
>Is it true people don't say goodbye when they hang up the phone?
It happens, but it's uncommon.
>Do americans really think they live in the best country in the world?
You're god damn right we do!

Yes, at skimpiest they'll have a bikini top on.

We are forced, every morning, to pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the country for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

We do say goodbye when we hang up on the phone.

We used to live in the best country in the world. Now it's kind of a meme among young people and a tragic hope among old people.

This country is utterly fucked unless Trump manages to fix it. If Hillary wins we will descend into Brazildom before the decade ends.

I'm form san diego and can confirm nobody uses manual. When I drive I wanna just drive not use a rubixs cube to get the car going.
>inb4 hurr manual is so eazy durr
Not saying it was hard just saying it's pointless. Unless you're some sort of car snob or drive a utility truck there's literally no point.

Right because things like writing on your desk in school is a valid reason to put a child in prison.. literally anywhere other than the USA.

I'm sure you know the majority of the US prison population is black men... but what's the #1 reason people are in prison in the US? Do you even know?

Another thing I've noticed about Americans in my time here is that they are all brainwashed idiots. Seriously. People you bump into in third world countries tend to know more about the USA and it's history than the god damn electorate of the US. It's pitiful.

>Americans sleep fully clothed with shoes on

The plastic bags they put all your plastic in is really handy to use as trashbags back home.

We love our driving, but it's still an intimidating test for people when they take it. some people fail multiple times until they get it right. hell we even train our teenage kids to drive on a permit license for awhile

Yeah and Europeans are so informed and intelligent.

psheea right (I was being sarcastic)

Oh right, I'm the Marylander that can drive stick, and you made me realize I forgot to add that while I can drive stick, I don't.

If you drunkenly pass out. I sleep in my boxers socks, and a tee

>no point
Again speaking from Idaho way up north, the only car dealership in town is almost 99% used manuals, so you either learn to drive or walk.

>cums on the girl's face
WHY

Is it true America has sugar free bread?

what is the #1 reason? And why is having the majority of the prison population being black a bad thing? What if they just commit more crime?

Is it true you can't drink, drive, go to a bar or club or show unless you're over 21 yet you can buy a gun at like 5?

Do American's seriously listen to shitty pop-punk at house parties instead of house and techno and trance?

>mfw I walked in on my dad cumming on my mom's face
was a weird breakfast next morning

Do American's really call MDMA molly?

As in, bread advertised as being sugar free I mean.

jews

they love defiling everything beautiful.

Yes, you must be 21 to drink.
And unfortunately, some people do play shitty music. For the most part, it's pop and hip-hop at house parties, which is absolutely disgusting.

Very rarely will people play dance music, and very rarely will their be drugs at a house party other than Alcohol and Weed.

That is, unless you know people who aren't boring.

So that's what molly is

>Americans eat pizza with a knife and fork
No, that's a big no-no in the US. Only rich, out of touch politicians do it. Eating pizza with a fork is somewhat common in Italy, though.

Permits for teenagers exist, but it's not mandatory nor is it regulated. In other places you have to actually go through vehicle handling courses and put in a certain amount of hours logged behind the wheel with an instructor. Sounds like a pain in the ass, but it keeps everyone safe. Driving a car is a lot more dangerous, a lot more risky, than most people realize. Of all the things you do in your daily life, getting into a car is easily the most risky.. unless you work some dangerous job.

When I came to the US, I just went straight to the DMV and got a drivers license.

Do Americans really sleep fully clothed under thick covers with 8 pillows?

yeah it's lame as shit.

It used to be called Ecstasy, but for some reason it's now called Molly. I blame black people.

Automatics are good for driving in town, but they're not worth much anywhere else. It's not that complicated to drive a manual once you get the gist. But yeah it's shitty into town when you have to stop every five seconds and shift gears accordingly.
t. European who will probably never drive an automatic

Drug possession.

well maybe they shouldn't get caught with drugs then, the fucking retards.

Yes to 21 no to being 5 for guns. You obviously have to be an adult to enjoy weapons but some parents bring kids to shooting ranges and let them shoot. Supervised of course. But kids that young owning guns. Nope.

Americans eat candy with knife and fork?

why do Americans have penis inspections?

Honestly the most accurate depiction of American high school I can think of off the top of my head is the 21 Jump Street remake.

I can't speak for other high schools, but mine didn't have a whole lot of bullying or anything, although that stuff was present in earlier grades.

As for colleges, some party schools are like the movies. I went to West Virginia University and it was known for hoe out of control things got. Two years ago, our football team won an unlikely game and everyone partied so hard they started rioting through downtown. It was pretty awful.

The partying you mentioned is pretty spot on, but togas aren't really used. They might use them once a year as a joke or something.

As for physicals, I never actually got one in school, but had hearing tests and stuff. At the actual doctor, you don't have to take any clothes off except for when you pull your pants down so they can check your dick. They don't look or anything, just feel beside/under your balls and ask you to cough.

Prostate exams don't happen until you're like 40.

What's the deal with sleeping between sheets? Why sleep with a sheet between you and the blanket/duvet? Is it just so you can make that nice-looking white stripe when you make the bed in the morning?

>MDMA = Crystal/Power
>Ecstasy = Pills
>Molly = Jocks who just bought into the whole EDM crazy and think they're all cool and smart by saying "Duuuur where's molly, I can't find my friend molly, anyone know where molly is?"

As someone who has gone to psy parties (doofs) and raves since the early 2000s. The modern EDM scene in America is pure cancer.

I heard a lot of Americans find it odd when visiting parts of Europe since you only get one comforter in hotels and they are used to like having a quilt for their quilt.

>tfw I sleep with one thin pillow and a paper thin bed sheet as a quilt

I don't understand how people can feel comfortable suffocating under heavy fabrics all night.

no

to make sure everything is healthy down there. It saves kids a lot of embarassment during the mandatory group showers

You thinks that's fully clothed? She looks like she's wearing pajamas...

Is it true that you can't drink outside? And if you get caught doing it you might get arrested?

Is it true that even non Jewish people mutilate their kids dicks?

>Is it true you have to get naked and school and shower with other students after PE?

Yes, my brother's only been out of high school for a year and can attest that it's expected that you change in front of your peers. I personally did have to get naked to change too, everyone just keeps their heads in front of them and does their business. Guys who can't take that can use the toilet stalls with doors for privacy.

Is it true Americans get giant paper bags at the super market that you have to hold at the bottom?

Yes, I'm still a wage slave working at a grocer and we have these bags that have no handles.

Porn needed a way to show the payload, and then people got brainwashed into doing it. That's it.

>he doesn't

My understanding is ecstasy is mdma with some form of stimulant in it while molly is pure mdma.

>drink
>drive
possible to get a learners at 15, but 16 is the standard
>bar
>club
Depends on the club. Some are 21, most are 18, but you get a big X on your hand or some sort of mark if you're under 21

As for the music, I'm out of touch, so I can't answer that.

Never seen it, but I wouldn't doubt it one bit. We throw "non-fat" and "sugar free" on stuff that wouldn't normally have fat or sugar in it because people are stupid and will buy it just because it says that. Don't even get me started on the whole "organic" or "gluten free" craze

Sometimes. Most drugs have a ton of nicknames, but yes, molly is MDMA

No, but I know some women who have beds like that, and I can never get to sleep until I've tossed all but one or two pillows away, and the blanket is thick as fuck

This one has always baffled me. I think it's so that you can toss off the blanket if you are too hot, but still be under the sheets, but that's just a guess from a guy who doesn't do that.

You cannot consume alcohol from an open container in public. You won't get arrested, but you will get a fine. Paper bag laws are a way to shirk around this.

Cause it's comfy as fuck that's why.

Yes, "Drunk in public" is the name of the offense. A lot of cities with bars will allow you to be drunk in public though, as long as you aren't disorderly.

And yes, Evangelicals are obsessed with foreskins

They view Jews as God's chosen people, and think circumcision is normal and healthy.

America is a big place. The ocean is thousands of miles away for many of us. Going to the beach and seeing the ocean may be a once in a lifetime thing.

Depends on the school.

Depends on the store.

In fact, most things ITT simply depend on where you live.

I'm noticing a pattern. You guys see something in a movie or TV show and suddenly think it applies to all 330m Americans.

I know that at my sister's school they had curtain-like partitions between shower stalls... that they used to hide their lesbian trysts.

Have you ever felt the silky smooth light caressing of a thin piece of fabric wriggling across your naked body?

It's almost so comfy it's erotic.

>Director of Genital Corrections
kek

Depends on where you do it. I frequent a bar that has outside seating, but taking your drink and wondering the streets with it is illegal.

It's true. They're called track homes and were made super fast by plywood and 2x4 as the framing. If you put your head up to the wall you can listen carefully what they are saying in the other room. and even punch through it if your tough enough. The outside doors are made tough enough to stand while inhouse doors can get smashed fairly easily

>Americans will never know the joy of boozing on the tube 8 in the morning on your way to your high school graduation singing old folk songs with your friends

What about doors locking themselves when they close?

Europe has an organic "craze" too, but the difference is it's actually organic stuff and not just throwing the label "organic" on any random thing like "organic salt" or whatever.

you seem to really hate America

yep. Not all doors, but many have an auto-lock option that basically only locks it to people entering.

Yes I think so. Most people sleep in underwear here

Are Christians in American really that visible and fucking crazy as they are in TV?

Did you really have kids in school who were all like "You can't do that, what will jesus think of you!?" then they actually go to christian school on the weekend to lean the bible or some shit?

What is the deal with Summer Camp? Do you really get shipped away for the entire summer to a camp in the middle of fucking nowhere?

Most new doors in buildings and stores have a feature that lets you automatically lock it when it closes.

I don't think this is just an American thing.

>is told how Amerilords dont live in despair like hes used to

>YOU YOU STILL LIVE WITH WITH NIGGRS THEN1!!!

yeah but even the niggiest of neighborhoods in America is still better than any of the no shoe places you jack off to at night

You just don't look at each others dicks you fag. It isn't that complicated

That's just a locking system that used to be common everywhere, though.

The real question is what the fuck is with those doorknobs. Why would anyone think a knob that you have to turn would be a good design for door-opening? The only place I could see it make sense is if you've got a bunch of dogs who keep opening the doors.

I don't sleep naked gay boy. I just sleep in some cheap shorts and a t shirt.

Yes Christians are very vocal here, and they take their faith very seriously.

Ya know, like every religious person does.

Summer camps are real, and yes they do ship you off to a camp somewhere for a few weeks.

>Are Christians in American really that visible and fucking crazy as they are in TV?
No. I live in the south and barely even see them.

>Did you really have kids in school who were all like "You can't do that, what will jesus think of you!?" then they actually go to christian school on the weekend to lean the bible or some shit?
There's usually 1 or 2 but the vast majority of kids in school aren't religious.

>What is the deal with Summer Camp? Do you really get shipped away for the entire summer to a camp in the middle of fucking nowhere?
I've never met anyone that's gone to summer camp. I'm convinced it's just a movie/tv show trope at this point.

>clean and ORDERLY

It's not. It's really common in more public places for employees only type stuff.

>singing old folk songs with your friends
This is something I've always been jealous of. We have nothing like that. At best you can get people singing along to a song from as far back as maybe the 1960's

>Are Christians in American really that visible and fucking crazy as they are in TV?
They aren't super common where I live, but they exist.
>Did you really have kids in school who were all like "You can't do that, what will jesus think of you!?" then they actually go to christian school on the weekend to lean the bible or some shit?
Yes. I even had one good friend in I want to say 10th grade become a born again christian, and he became one of the most insufferable people I knew
>What is the deal with Summer Camp? Do you really get shipped away for the entire summer to a camp in the middle of fucking nowhere?
Never did this, but yes.

Well, I have underwear on, but there's still a lot of skin out.

Yeah. Fundamental Christians are pretty common.
As for summer camp it's mostly a rich white person thing since summer camp is fucking expensive.

USA was founded by religious extremists, too extreme, for even Europe at the time.

Just look up "Christian right."

>John E. Dong

>Learned to drive stick at age 16
>Buy cheapest car I can find that happens to be an automatic
>10 years later don't remember how to drive stick

Trump's VP is apart of the Christian Right.. as was Ted Zodiac Killer Cruz.

In american sitcoms or shows why do the characters who enter a room leave the door open? It's quite irritating when they leave the door to outside open and you can imagine the cold air coming in

Do americans still use these stupid door handles?

older houses, yes

Because it's TV and it's stupid. People will almost always give you shit if you do that without shutting a screen door.

Yes

yes

I guess entering and leaving would be too visually distracting. I've certainly never noticed in in real life.

In florida one cop per station is sent to be head security guard and basically fuck around for a year. They usually just catch people skipping class and do a locker toss every couple of months when they get bored

Because it's on a set? Not actually outside?

Jesus Christ the questions ITT lmfao

If you really want to shit your pants, look up Dominionists and how it relates to the US military.

So extreme that they literally BANNED CHRISTMAS.

No. I never have the door open.
There's actually a saying here, "were you born in a barn?" OR "do you have a tail?" For people that don't close the door behind them.

Do americans really speak english, like i've seen in the movies?

I've never drove stick and that wasn't part of my course. What is the stick even about? What does it do?

I've never really thought about it. But it must feel a bit sad to never get to experience the old history of a place as an American.

Like within my local area there are like 10 rune stones, three 1000 year old churches, 3 castle ruins, 1 royal palace from the 1600s, and a seemingly unlimited amount of burial mounds. And I live in some fairly unimportant countryside.

Some schools yes
Not really unless you ask for paper

No, most people speak Spanish nowadays.

This thread made me realize how stupid non-Americnas are when it comes to America

I feel a little better for not giving a shit about your tiny irrelevant country

Do schools really have marching bands?

Is it true that school bands often fuck fests?

Do schools really have cheer leaders?

Is it true that Cheer leaders only date Football players?

Why do Americans hang paintings in their bathrooms like this?

No, speak French here in America.
Of course we speak English you jackass.

yes
yes
yes
yes, sort of. a cheerleader will date you as long as you play a sport.

I was on the wrestling team and dated a cheer leader

Yes

Absolutely Yes

Yes

No. Maybe at "important football schools", but at my school they dated whomever (but not me :^[ )

It tells the engine to burn more fuel and go faster.

My dad (and a lot of older men I've known) don't shut doors or drawers or cabinet doors etc.

Fuck, they even leave the fridge open sometimes!

It's fucking irritating!

I hang the paper above my urinal

Is it really legal for parents to hit/spank their children in America?

>It tells the engine to burn more fuel
lol what

Gray area. Increasingly no.
Its sort of a conservatives say yes liberals say no thing.

Hit? No. Spank? Yes

What country do you live in where spanking is illegal? LMAO

>John E. Dong
>Director of Genital Corrections
yea this looks legit

America has plenty of old history. It's just that they ignore the (relatively few)permanent things the native people left behind, unless it's a mayan temple.

Yes

yes, I was a keyboard player and basically any road trip you would finger bang a girl or get a BJ on the bus especially if it was night time.
The thing is, bands get all this crazy sexual tension around the members, like every band practice is non-stop sexual jokes, but because you all work so hard together and be so in tune with eachother, sparks fly and tension builds up especially with the jokes keeping sex on everyones minds.

Yes

Yes, not football, any sport.

My county gets state grants that allow one actual police officer at both of our main high schools. It's not authoritarian in nature, though. Mostly they gave presentations on drunk driving and stuff.

I speak French a lot of the time here. French quarters are great. Except for the one in NO. It should be renamed Tourist Trap Quarter.

You talking about those guys who were burning women at the stake?

Big time. Not just legal, it's encouraged in many parts of the US.

Kids in the USA are basically the legal equivalent of slaves. Think: No freedom of movement, can not own property, etc. etc. They have very little rights and very little laws protecting them, especially from tyrant parents. You can beat the fucking shit out of your kids in the USA and it's just fine and dandy. Just don't break bones or leave open wounds.. and make sure there's food in the fridge if CPS should visit.

It's beyond fucked up. but don't think CPS is a solution. They usually create more problems than they solve.

I legit knew a guy called Rodney Maunch (pronounced munch)

Rod Munch..... kek.

Why ask the question if you didn't want an answer?

>Jesus Christ the questions ITT lmfao
Actually, aside from a few silly for the sake of silly questions, most of them have been fair questions. I'm actually at the lack of gun questions honestly.

We are a gigantic country with a shitload of dialects. Most of what you hear in the movies is likely a Californian accent, but they do all sorts, or at least try to. Whenever I leave the East Coast, people tell me I talk way too fast, and cant understand a lot of words I say, and when I tell them I'm from Maryland, I don't even realize I pronounce it marlin, and have to STOP AND SPEAK REALLY SLOW AND ENUNCIATE EVERY SYLLABLE for them to understand me.

I live where history goes back about 200ish years at the most, so we have a little bit here, but when I visited France shit just blew my mind how ancient some of that stuff was.

yes
what?
yes
no

Women

Depends on where you live.

d-don't insult Mr. Dong like that he'll go extra hard on you next time

I was spanked as a kid. So yes. But all it takes is a phone call from a concerned parent or teacher and the parents are in jail for "child abuse".

It has been illegal since 1966 in Sweden

About 10% of them. Most of them aren't even really christian they just say that because their family is and they haven't realized they don't give a fuck

Those kids exist but were universally picked on for being nosy bitches so they would stop bringing it up a few weeks after they started

kek

On far lefties think outspoken Christians are common,they overheard ONE and just assume they are everywhere,its not common and easily ignored,but there is the young and immature that don't realize how annoying they are.
Pic is what every single motorist looks like.(psst. The arguably most American car is made in Canada)

I don't know enough about car engines to call you out but that makes so little sense that changing gears burns more fuel...

That's not me. I asked and thank you for your answer.

I wonder... is the rise in automatic driving and rise in footfags related?

Do you mean that specific brand, color, or door knobs in general? Yes to all but obviously with increasing occurrence as you get more general.

Do they really have "Black Churches" in Muirca?

Can a white person go to a black church?

t. arthritic old geezer

How do you guys tip?like lets say you got $20 pizza,how much do you tip to the delivery guy?Is it based on a percentage?whats the rule of thumb?

Speaking of pizza delivery,Is "if it doesnt arrive in 30 mins its free" an actual rule/marketing campaign?how often is it enforced?

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. As long as you have food in the fridge, they don't give a shit how hard they beat you so long as you don't have broken bones or open wounds.

USA is truly draconian on this issue of kids rights.
Spanking gets disprove by science over and over for being anything other harmful.. but facts haven't mattered in the since it's founding so who cares? Beating kids is much more fun, right?

Yes and yes.

Yes we do have black churches. It's mostly a community thing, and a lot of them in inner cities are run by literal communists (democrats).

My family is white and they attend a black church. So yes.

No just round door knobs in general. I have only ever seen handles IRL

>democrats

Oh, so people who would be considered right wing to center-right in Europe? Makes sense.

Why?

Faster things usually expend more energy needing more fuel.

That goes for cars, electrical fans, people.

I think it depends on the service, like you tip the waiter a standard amount of 20% minimum, but delivery guys and handiworkers you give them a fixed amount like 5$.

I wouldn't know, I think tipping is backward as fuck.

I always go with 3 bucks for a close delivery. If you're feeling extra spicy, you can go for 10% or even 20%

30 minutes or later is a meme

I tip the pizza guy about 2 bucks.
The 30 or less thing is true depending on what place you order it from.

You just made me remember this weird American I used to talk to. He said that he wouldn't let his teenage kids have doors. Because if they had a door then they could close that door and get up to all kinds of "trouble" in their room. He argued that they had absolutely no right to privacy as long as they lived under his roof, and saw nothing weird about not giving a growing kid some privacy.

He also didn't believe in "macro" evolution. Only "micro".

That's a shame for Europe then. Democrats want open-borders, and a welfare state. It's pure madness that will kill this country.

>Do schools really have marching bands?
Yep its for rich nerds and no one understands why they do it but they keep coming
>Is it true that school bands often fuck fests?
Yep. Nerds in close proximity fuck like any other coed group
>Do schools really have cheer leaders?
Yep its basically a dance club, some schools go hard into routines and choreography but most just want a social club for preppy young girls
>Is it true that Cheer leaders only date Football players?
No but there are definitely stupid bitches on the cheerleading and sports that think life is like 90210 and try to form a hierarchy of cliques and shit. The entire school just let them segregate themselves and made fun of them all behind their backs while hanging out with different groups

tfw I pretend stick is more complicated than it is by hold down clutch and throwing the stick all over the place for a good 5 seconds before going into the next gear whenever I have a passenger.
Sometimes I'll mutter a "this next one is gonna be a doozy" then get a look of hard concentration and go nuts on the shifter.
t. american

To explain it more:

You don't go to any old church, you have to be part of the congregation/live near the place and be part of that particular brand of religion (christians have a fuckton of different take on their beliefs, from protestants to catholics and other less known but numerous other brands).

You can go an sit in mass even if you don't live there, even if you're not of the exact same religion, this isn't a rule, but it's mostly a one time thing when that happens.

I'm sad I missed out on this thread to be honest.

My parents did this lol. I wasn't allowed to have a lock on my door.

>and no one understands why they do it but they keep coming
They are in the normal school band too and they do it to get in college.

Yes, they are very real. I have no idea how they act to white people going to them though.

>How do you guys tip?like lets say you got $20 pizza,how much do you tip to the delivery guy?Is it based on a percentage?whats the rule of thumb?
Depends on the speed of the deliver as compared to what I was told on the phone, and how correct the tip was. I'm lazy and have always just given a flat $3 tip to delivery guys unless they took forever. My current place is up four flights of stairs, so since moving here I've switched to 3.50. A lot of places will remember who you are if you tip well, and people will actually argue who gets to deliver to you, and will get their quick. I don't know how he does it, but this one Chinese delivery guy I know gets here from a place that is a 20-25 minute drive away in under 15 minutes every time.
>Speaking of pizza delivery,Is "if it doesnt arrive in 30 mins its free" an actual rule/marketing campaign?how often is it enforced?
That is an old campaign they did away with back in the 90's - 00's because it caused a shitload of traffic accidents.

>What's inertia
>what's torque
You do know what gears are for right? Your engine can't rev up constantly, it can only support so much rounds per minute.

>our streets are a lot cleaner

Than Japan?

Topkek.

30 dollars or less is illegal in most places because it led to drivers blowing through stopsigns and shit to make it on time.

Not even American, but I also that. Sure beat the meme 'Allo

I know most of your houses are built from plywood. Is it cuz its cheaper material?
Is concrete there so expensive or its just traditional thing?

I am from central europe and all of our houses are mostly built from concrete, eventually bricks (but with concrete as the structure).

I am especially curious about areas with frequent tornados? I saw you only build your basement out of concrete blocks...

Just ask questions. We'll answer. If this one gets filled up we'll make another one.

Mate, both Rod and Rodney are equally gay

What you said does't even make sense. Anyone who wants open boarders couldn't have a welfare state and anyone who wants a welfare state wouldn't want open boarders.

Last I checked open boarders was Koch brother initiative.

And you say "welfare" like it's dirty word. Last I checked, 1 single family has more wealth than the bottom 40% of Americans combined. What percentage of the US lives in poverty? Probably 1 in 3?

You must be a billionaire if you think a welfare state is bad. Oh, what's that, you're not a billionaire? Then you must be a racist white male who has been convinced to go against your own interests in the name of your racist tendencies. That's the USA for ya.

That's right. Kids in the US are literally the legal equivalent of slaves. They are legally more considered property of their parents than they are as individual human beings with their own sets of rights. It's beyond fucked up.

>it's another europoops learn that a single region of the united states is larger and more varied than their entire continent episode

I laughed way more at this than I should have.

Is it true mothers will search their kids rooms for drugs without their permission?

>I have no idea how they act to white people going to them though.

They're usually very welcoming.

Many real houses are made with brick. Cheap houses are made that way because it's very cheap.

I don't know if you've heard of Trailer parks, but poor people here literally live in communities of trailers. tornadoes totally fuck these places up.

But even then... Marching band is so stupid I don't think it should matter

I'm the American.

When you were kids, did you really go out at night alone trick or treating going to randoms houses for candy?

Is Halloween actually scary as a kid?

But Rodney is a cool name...
Right? ;_;

Do you really understand economy?

College sports are huge and they have marching bands.

Yes. That's how my parents found out my sister was a dyke and that I was into axilas.

I wish I was kidding...

holy kek is this trolling?

They do want open borders and they do want a welfare state. I don't think welfare is bad, because some poor people need help, but democrats want to tax me and throw it all away on the retards of the world, who would never do a damn thing for me.

I don't care that much about every poor person in Africa and South America.

And for your dumbass last point, trust me Welfare is not in my interest.

I will not be seeing any of these benefits, because I'm smart enough to actually have a job. So don't tell me that I'm going against my interests.

Is it really legal for American parents to "ground" their children like prisoners without first going to court?

Varies from state to state. In the northeast, wood is pretty common and we don't have too extreme weather.

Mostly it's just that wood is the cheapest to build though. Stone and concrete is fairly rare though some areas have lots of brick houses.

Suburbs are almost all shitty wooden boxes.

Do American schools really these long lockers that you normal use to like hang jumpsuits in and where you can stick people inside?

Are American kids required to keep a spare overall on them or something?

We usually had adult chaperones and it was more fun than scary.

Do Americans really eat raw meat like this?

Yes we did and it's very fun. Halloween itself isn't very scary, but there are haunted houses and haunted corn mazes that spring up around Halloween-time which are quite scary for a young kid.

Yes? Are Europeans really so cucked that they can't discipline their children without a court order?

He wasn't talking about not having a lock, though. I could understand not having a lock if you think your kid will get up to stuff. He straight up wouldn't allow them to have a DOOR, just a gaping maw so that he could always tell what they were doing in the room every second of the day.

It was especially delicious the evening when he discussed both that and the government, and how much the evil gubbmint spied on the honest people and infringed on their innate rights. The dude had no sense of irony.

They did a long time ago. Now schools have too many students to have room for each to get a locker that size.

Yes I did, but it was never scary.

The only scary things on Halloween for me were movies and sometimes the random fake haunted house someone would make, but they weren't always scary.

Yes. Middle-aged white women are crazy in general.

Black people are the only people who actually enjoy church, and black churches can actually be pretty fun to go to. On the few occasions I've been to one, I've been treated warmly and like a member of the family.

Most white churches are boring as shit and make you fall asleep. Even worse, some white churches try to appeal to teenagers and young adults by having some shitty Christian rock band play every week.

Court? What? You do know what grounding means right?
It's usually a mild punishment for some transgression. Like staying in your room while your friends go to a movie because you got bad grades or something.

do americans really have orange flavored milk?

Where I went you only took showers if you played sports.

I only went alone a few times, usually an adult followed us around.

No it was never really scary.

My middle name is Gaylord. Not kidding. It's a named passed down from one generation to the next because of one of our ancestor who did some heroic shit or something (could never get the real deal on what he did. Maybe it's just a legend idk)

The outside of houses are made of concrete blocks. In poor areas where insulation isn't a problem due to climate some people just put a hardcoat of epoxy on the outside of their walls and leave it at that. You can always tell and it looks like shit because it is shit.

In florida you CANNOT build anything if couldn't withstand a tornado, so that means concrete and specific architecture are required in order for you not to be fined and have your house condemned. Most places here even pay for "hurricane glass" which is basically what was used as bulletproof glass in the 80s on the off chance some shit flys into your window. I've never seen anyone break a window in real life because of this

I always laugh at the word doozy

Driving licensce? How much it costs? Here in Europe is about 1200-1500 $ (converted to dollars)

do the americans really have a jury and juryduty?

where I live its like a 20 question multiple choice quiz. The driving part is literally leave the DMV, drive 20 seconds up the road, pull into a neighborhood, back up into a driveway, leave the neighborhood and return to the DMV. The drivers here are atrocious.

Is December 24th a "special" day in America or is it just the day before Christmas?

Where l live we only celebrate on the 24th and 25th is just the day after Christmas where everyone stays home eating leftovers hoping they can get rid of all the Christmas decorations soon.

My mother grounded me once and I took her to court and sued for $800,000. I won of course.

It's the American way.

what happens if you just randomly shoot guns into the air?
do people complain? Does police complain? or do they all join in?

You don't necessarily have to

Yes, it's used for storing winter coats and boots in winter.

The more you know.

Houses in developments are built cheap. those houses aren't often permanent either, they're for the nuclear family to grow up in before kids move out and parents retire to a smaller home.

If you want a sturdy house, you can find them or build your own or hire someone to build it, but houses are more readily available in developments at lower prices so it's not as common to have a brick house

>1200-1500
i live in europe and here it costs $120~$180

Same here, man. It's just one of those inherently amusing words.

Well, gay used to just mean happy.

Older schools do. Nowadays lockers are built half or even 1/3 that size and are stacked on top of eachother.

It's fucking miserable having to wait to get to your bottom locker at the beginning and end of the day when 60 other kids are at the same locker wall.

Dinner on the 24th then breakfast and gifts in the morning. Now sometimes we do it all on the 24th if people are working the 25th.

Do Americans really use their computers like this?

I've known people to remove doorknobs from doors for this reason.

My friend does this to everyone, and I called him out one time asking what the fuck he was doing, and it surprised the shit out of him that I knew he was just fucking around.
I figured that was the case. They seem like very jolly people, and I couldn't imagine them having issue with it, even more so considering that it's a house of god, and they wouldn't be there if they didn't believe.

I'm in my 30's so it was in the 90's when I trick or treated, and I lived in white suburbia but it wasn't uncommon to go alone in a group of just kids. There were plenty of parents walking around with their kids as well, but once I was 13 or so I was allowed to go out with alone with just my 11 year old sister, though sometimes my dad would join along because he enjoyed the exercise and the mingling with the neighbors.

It was never actually scary, but there were always "those houses" that would go all out for the holiday, but that's fun scary.

No one does. It's a ploy made up by the jews.

Had them when I was in school, and the only kids that ever got stuck in them were kids who were fucking around and got themselves stuck.

Eww, what? Gross.

I forget what the test costs, but I want to say it was like $45 bucks. Driving school on the otherhand I have no idea.

Only if you register to vote

For some people. Depends on the household. I know people who did it both ways.

People should YEEEEHAAWWW and join in.

This. Can totally confirm. Black churches are cool as fuck. The band members are really good musicians and are chill as fuck. I remember the bass player at a church I used to go was a former heroin addict and black panther. He was cool as hell and had so many stories.

Yes, it's our civic duty.

I'm terrified to be on trial just because of how retarded my "peers" are.

Do Europeans not have trial by jury of your peers? Do you just stand in front of a Judge and be judged?

Mine had sexy girls collecting money at some point during the mass. Not kidding. It was awesome for the little kid I was back then, but now that I think about it it's something Jebus would have gone full Hulk about.

You're posting on Cred Forums, so the chances are you are 12-17 year old white male from Anglosphere who's addicted to video games and jerks off to anime porn.

Tell about your well paying job with benefits and security.

If anything, you might have a rich daddy. Congratulations on that. But as you get older, you will learn you aren't nearly as well off as you think you are.

Americans live in massive debt. The more you people make, the more you spend. It's pathetic and scary. Take away the top 1% and the average American barely brings in $25K per year. Those people making that much sit on prob 100k debt. The few who make 100k, sit on exponentially more debt. That's just the way you people roll. You just can not live within your means.
Alright. I'm done with you. You are clearly illiterate and waste of time. Seek help for your learning disability and come back when you actually have one ioata of a clue what you are talking about. Open boarders is a libertarian idea.. ie. neo-liberal. So are democrats socialist, oh I'm sorry communist, like you say.. or are they libertarians? Pull your head out of you ass. You probably think I support the Dems. Nope. Not even a little. I'd never vote for any Democrat. I'm still a fan of living in a fact based reality, unlike you Americans.

>Only if you register to vote
you have to register yourself to vote? i just get some papers in the mail telling me to vote

Damn, where? I am in central Europe (Croatia)... It's expensive as fuck, and long...about 40 hours of driving...someone already explained here, Australian guy or German..

Anyway, great thread

It is completely true, I have no idea why it's a thing but it is. In 7th grade a guy literally grabbed a dudes dick in the locker room in like 2nd period and by 6th period he said he hates faggots

Yes but it's incredibly easy to get out of it since they want to avoid anyone with any sort of bias that might color their decisions.

As a result the only people that serve jury are complete morons or cucks who actually want to do it.

Jelly. Not him but on average most people spend like 1500 to 2000 bucks all in all.

Yep. Most towns have curfews when kids aren't allowed to be out after 10pm or so and the parents can get into trouble if the kids get caught outside more than a few times. It's mostly just to keep them from fucking with shit after dark and most cops wont give a shit if they see a kid out unless he's trespassing or playing with fireworks or something

the judge judge whether you've done the crime or not, it's the defendant and prosecution's job to convince the judge that you did/didn't do it

literally 25 dollars

It's illegal even if you're on your own property. Usually unless you're within the confines of a city, you're fine to fire guns on your property though.

I'm sure there are variations from state to state though, like almost every American law.

Guaranteed at least one person who hears it will call a cop, whether it was fired legally or not. Cops will always come and bitch at you even if you were on the right, probably because it means the officer who takes the call will have to luck the sprinkles out of the bottom of the trough when he gets back because he missed the Krispy Kreme hour.

It must feel pretty scary knowing your life is in the hands of some randoms who don't even know anything about law.

Depends on the country. It's not the same from place to place, even within the EU.

People get really fucking mad and might shoot you, at the very least the cops are getting called.

IF you're in a ghetto no one cares

I'm so glad that, in case I actually get involved with some legal stuff, I won't have to win a popularity contest in front of a bunch of housewives or something, like americans.

I've got a software internship that will turn into a software job eventually.

I don't care about paying taxes, but why can't I just pay taxes for other people like me? Why do I have to support the retards of the world?

It is very possible to live within your means, by the way. And no, just because people support open borders doesn't make them libertarian. Hillary Clinton is on record stating she hopes for open borders, and she's certainly not a libertarian.

I know Europeans are very ignorant of anything that doesn't fit within their marxist worldview, but please try not to make yourself look like an idiot on the internet.

For everything? tests, car driving etc? fuuuck... I can buy a decent car over there for my licence

In american shows it seems that the front door of a house always goes straight into the living room, is that true? There's no hallway or anything?

Oh you guys have no idea. The process of jury selection is the most corrupt and fucked up think you could ever learn about.

Honestly, to save time.. I'll just come right out with it. The entire US "justice" system is one huge farce. It's a total joke. It's utterly corrupt the core.

Yeah, that's why being a court attorney in America is all about convincing a group of simpletons about something, even if it means just appealing to their emotions. Ultimately all the logic in the world won't help your case if someone on the jury just "feels" that you deserve to go to jail.

This is a pessimistic view though, there's plenty of good lawyers who put together structured arguments and jury members who decide on verdicts in an intelligent way.

Oh man you're evil.
Not much more than this douche though
youtube.com/watch?v=6N4tLAAy5Fg

This is painful to watch

>mfw the macho guys in my class started "dicking" eachother in the locker room, which meant wiping their cock on an unsuspecting person, most often on their buttcheek

Gay wet willies.

It just started raining
Does it rain in America too?

no, but when it rains, it pours.

Are the front doors really as flimsy as they look?
On tv they look like barely 4cm of wood.

How else would you use it?

You can register online in like 5 minutes. Although as I understand it there have been some states that currently don't even require an ID to vote, which is just beyond retarded. They are all "sanctuary states" which roughly means that they won't deport your ass if you're illegal.

I think it means people can vote as many times as they want.

All I have to do is take a quick drive up to Pennsylvania or West Virginia, find a nice spot, and I can shoot all damn day. Never once got in trouble with the cops. Although as I'm sure you know shooting up in the air is straight up retarded.

Some houses have a foyer, but tons do exactly that.

Everywhere except in California/Nevada/New Mexico/Arizona

Are american high schools really so lax like they are portrayed in movies?

Here in Australia, high school was really fucking strict, if you got caught talking in class, afternoon detetion, if your uniform was worn incorrectly, afternoon detention etc etc.

Also we didn't have the whole sport and cheerleader shit at schools here, sport is done by community clubs outside of school.

American high school looked fun.

Not sure if it's the same, but here in Canada, some judges will overturn a jury's decision if they think it's too retarded.

But we also have retarded judges, so... it all balances out?

>town curfews are actually a thing

Next thing you'll tell me Footloose was a documentary.

Do Americans really have to audit all their taxes themselves? To the point where some even feel the need to hire accountants to do it for them?

Last time I declared I got a letter in the mail telling me to visit this website, then I looked at the information on the page seeing it it was all legit, clicked a button that said "yep, that seems about right", and that was it.

It's basically to keep every retard who can't remember to turn in paperwork once ever 4 years from making political decisions. We used to have "literacy tests" that were hugely biased and designed to keep poor people from voting, they would give poorer people really hard, specific questions about obscure books and ask rich people about basic grammar.

So now we weed out the idiots by giving them a piece of paper to turn in with their current address by 9 Oct and if they don't do that they cant vote

It was raining in Seattle today, and there's a hurricane on the other side of the country, so yeah

No pattern like that, in shows it's probably just because it's easier to make it that way on a set and so that you don't have to film someone walking down a hallway every time they enter the house.

>so... it all balances out?
how... comforting?

do america high schoolers really look like 20 year olds?

do you really have to dissect live animals in science class like rats and frogs and stuff?

Yawn.

politifact.com/florida/statements/2016/jul/18/rudy-giuliani/rudy-giuliani-wrongly-says-hillary-clinton-open-bo/

USA is post factual society.

Make no mistake, Hilary Clinton is a vile piece of shit, but likely not for any of the delusional reason you think.

And taxes in the US is a double edge sword. On one hand, yes they are far too low for huge corporations and very rich people who game the system... on the other hand, the government is far to corrupt (Democrats and Republicans), to be trusted to spend that money on where it needs to go. More taxes just = more money for this corrupt regime. So I don't want that. On the other hand, rich fucks are not paying their fair share either. USA is double fucked on that issue.

Yes US tax code is insane. You pretty much have to pay someone to do your taxes unless you want to put in a lot of work to learn it.

American high school is retarded. It's basically everything you imagine, but everyone is obnoxious and dumb.

What's the deal with babysitters?
why is it so popular of a job? And who'd pay a teenager to watch TV at your house anyways? Can't american 10year olds not feed themselves or what?

The doors they use for sets are likely just cheaper. Front doors are usually made of stronger material even if they're thin.

Do mexicans occupy parks in weekends to throw a big bbq party with 100s of their family members? Romanians do it here and I feel them to be similar to mexis

>I think it means people can vote as many times as they want.

No you retard. They still write your name and SS down and won't let you go again. They should totally need ID but you're still retarded

I'm Canadian and it was the same as you for me. No sport and cheerleaders, detention at the drop of a hat, no uniforms but we couldn't have words or images on our clothes.

That was a public school. Private ones had even stricter rules.

Lots of variation. We have both public and private schools here. Public schools don't have uniforms at all and there's almost no enforcement of rules apart from extreme cases or if the school is in a wealthy white area.

Private schools cost money to attend are more strict.

they're made thin so it's easier for the villain to break it down, they had to get a real door for the shining because Nicholson used to be a fireman and chopped down the door too easily

I hear americans don't have IDs with pictures?
Then what's the point?

Have you not paid attention to the Podesta Leaks?

wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/press-release
these are her private speeches to Wall Street, with the quote "My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders."

If you're going to be ignorant, at least don't be smug about it.

Not at mine, but one time my orchestra went to one of the private schools in the district for a competition and everyone there looked like they were on Dawson's Creek. I've never seen any other high school like it. Must've been something in the water

You can sign a waiver to do a different thing, but yeah, you dissect em

How do American yellow school buses work? Do they pick you up and drop you off at your house?

Taxes in the US vs. Europe are an utter joke.
Americans under the delusion that taxes are much more in Europe, but it's all a lie.. like most of what they know. Yes, taxes are a bit more in the EU.. HOWEVER, you get A LOT more in return for those taxes. Many benefits Americans couldn't even dream of. Once you calculate the cost of those things, like healthcare, education and childcare, Europeans end up paying less than Americans.

Beyond that, in the US, they can't even tell you where your tax money is going. If you look at taxes in Europe.. every fucking penny is nearly accounted for. In the US it's nothing like this. They just give you vague estimated for huge chunks of money. Why? It's fucking corrupt. It's a scam. It's a public-private partnership scam. The revolving door. I'm sure you've heard of it.

not true at all

Town=/=city

A lot of shit that wouldn't fly in the city happens in towns. Curfews are one of those things.

Some towns even ban Heavy Metal.

Most high schools in poorer areas have way too many kids that they can't control and eventually give up trying to teach kids that don't want to be there, its basically babysitting. In rich areas they'll have strict rules and punishment because they actually expect you to learn and you didn't want to be the only kid in your grade to fail the year because then all your friends would know you were retarded

Yes.

I almost got in trouble because I submitted my taxes online and apparently made an error. I didn't see the email about it for a couple months after the tax due date.

I'm a poor student so the penalty wouldn't have been that great but still.

>axilas
what is this

do you really do modern art shit in art class?

Here in Italy we pay 60% taxes and services are shit

Stop complaining gaylord

>Here in Australia, high school was really fucking strict, if you got caught talking in class, afternoon detetion, if your uniform was worn incorrectly, afternoon detention etc etc.

Christ. That sounds really tedious.

I'm European, and when I was in high school were treated more like adults I suppose. If you don't pull your weight yourself you will be left behind. It was more our own task to discipline ourselves. Sort of like a working environment almost.

They build routes based on the addresses of everyone who goes to school. At most you have to walk like 200 feet to a stop

High school is pretty lax around here, but elementary and middle schools see students getting in trouble for a lot of stupid reasons.

In high school (mine, atleast), students and teachers were very laid back and even joked around with the teachers and stuff.

Yeah. When we get to high school age we have to hire a professional actor to attend classes in our place. It's hard to find young actors.

but wasn't there a big scandal about how you can't ask for an ID while voting, because mexicans and blacks can't afford them with pictures, which would exclude them from suffrage through poverty, or something?

That's probably too expensive for most schools these days. We just did little stuff lite worms and grasshoppers.

You're just supposed to keep them from burning the house down, and the only other people who can watch your kids when you want a date night are grandmas who I trust even less than my kids

Nice. But who is she speaking to? A room full of libertarian, neo-liberals. Of course she is going to say what they want to hear when they are paying her.

No sane person wants open boarders. Only libertarians and/or neo-liberals want this. Only people who could ever benefit from this in any nation are the one percent of the one percent.

Open boarders is anti democratic.

>Anglosphere
Oh it's this guy again. We get it, you hate white guys.

frogs can be literally free...

How the hell is that legal?

I fucking wish we got to do shit like that in biology class. That's an ace way to learn. Much better than just looking at pictures. Hence why doctors and people like that study and train on medical corpses.

There are different things that have your name on it that can be used as ID. But every drivers license or state ID has a picture.

Sometimes. Less schools do that nowadays though.

It's an easy job and American suburbanites have been scared into thinking their kids will be raped if they aren't attended to for even a minute.

Wow you don't say. Rich people want open borders and a welfare state, because it gives them more wealth, and the welfare state gives the government (owned by them) more power. This is what the Bush family and the Clinton family and all the banking families are after.

Quick question for you Euros out there.

I know you probably hear this a lot, but is it always overcast over there? Even in recent shows like The Inbetweeners everything seems so dismal and grey.

you gona hunt them all for a grade with 1000 students in it? some schools are really big.

Nobody cares enough to take it to the supreme Court, and the people who do care about the issue are usually in support of it

It's not as bad as you say. Plus, you have an EU passport. Move somewhere else. Move to Germany.

Aren't you educated? Can't you find a decent job? I know Italy has some serious problems too, why stay in Italy then?

Australia here.

Not live animals neither did we kill animals. They bought us stuff from the butchers we could dissect.

We were also taken to the morgue to work on real dead people as well who had donated their bodies for educational purposes.

Borders. It's spelt "borders". This won't make you look much less stupid but it might help a bit.

it's a fake scandal. It's fake outrage by democrats and the establishment media because illegal immigrants, dead people, etc all vote democrat.

I never tried to burn the house down when I was 10. what's so lethal about american kids that they need attention 24/7?

can't they just lock the door? hell, all it takes is for someone to roll up on a school and cash one in claiming he's the uncle. babysitter won't stop that.

No. Not all mexican and blacks in poor areas can afford cars so they never bothered to get a drivers license. Drivers licenses are the primary form of identification in the US.

There's other forms of ID you can get but niggers are stupid and lazy.

>Are american high schools really so lax like they are portrayed in movies?
>Here in Australia, high school was really fucking strict, if you got caught talking in class, afternoon detetion, if your uniform was worn incorrectly, afternoon detention etc etc.
Depended on the teacher, but for the most part you could get away with just about anything.

Yup. Tax season is a crazy time.

Kinda. We put a shitload of growth hormones into our food to make it grow as big as possible as quick as possible for maximum profit, and you are what you eat.
I dissected a frog in 11th grade, but you were allowed to option out of doing that if you wanted.

It's popular because parents are sick and tired of their kids, it's a job that is simple enough a teenage girl can do it, and it trains the girls at a young age to become mothers.

Yes, but in fairness, I've seen just about every ethnicity we have around here do this. I've been to multiple grillouts where we are in a park near a giant group of blacks or mexicans, and by the end, we've all congregated into one gigantic crowd

I said some states cocksucker, They are trying to let illegals with no SS vote in some places, so I don't see why you couldn't just go across those states and vote as many times as you like.

False. A proper identification a photo is required

Some do go house to house, but usually on busy roads they wouldn't want kids walking down. Most busses have a bunch of stops, but my bus had only one stop with a ton of kids.

I wouldn't doubt it. Artfags gonna artfag

in germany, it's frequent blue skies, or sometimes a little patchy. right now, it's kinda like 70% cloud, 30% blue. depending on where you look.

They don't do it on purpose, fool

And most kids don't fuck up their house, but plenty do

Doesn't bother me, nor does it matter as you obvious knew exactly what I meant. Especially not coming from someone who probably only speaks 1 language.

>can't they just lock the door? hell, all it takes is for someone to roll up on a school and cash one in claiming he's the uncle. babysitter won't stop that.
Schools are on literally max alert for things like that. You wouldn't believe how fucking insane it is. Even if you are the uncle or a relative, if the teachers don't recognize you, you'll sometimes have it rough picking the kid up. This is even if the kid vouches for you.

Oh well as long as it doesn't happen in the CITY then that's fine!

How the hell can that shit happen at any level in a country that takes pride in calling itself "The land of the free"? If someone tried to instil a curfew where I live they'd get deemed a fucking moron and ignored/not allowed to make any decisions henceforth. If kids weren't allowed outside after ten everyone would tell their kids to go outside just to protest it.

Yep. I got kicked out for making my frog do this youtube.com/watch?v=4sT99Y4AnmA

Yes but in all fairness anyone can do that it just happens to be minorities a lot of the time, plus you have to reserve your spot at town hall if it's gonna be a big thing so it's not something people get mad at

Not true

Art class is for retards and children here. It's widely seen as a useless skill and nobody is impressed if you're an art student. College art classes are basically what you're thinking of. I hooked up with a girl who for her final project in a class got naked and wrote war across her chest in lipstick, taped pictures of presidents to her legs and ripped up pictures of nature that she had taped to the wall of the classroom while singing a song by the beatles. She got an 85%

not really, we can have an entire month without a cloud in sight

tfw a friend of mine is 4 years older than his gf and isn't allowed to visit her at school due to security concerns.

It's only enforced in crime-ridden (see:black) areas.

it was supposed to be the freedom from centralized government.

We were free to live however we wanted. If you don't like a town, move to a town you do like. This new idea of freedom is bizarre. You're free to basically wave your dick around in public, and any outrage is homophobic.

are american girls really that easy to fuck, here we have to have an hour long conversation just to get to know her name

Completely dependent on state. Usually between 25-150. You're allowed to take a test around the age of 16 but it's more ore less depending on the state
Christmas is such an emphasized holiday that the day before Christmas is a holiday in itself too. It really depends on the family on how exactly this is celebrated though. My always spent time with extended family and went to church on Christmas Eve and opened gifts and spent time as nuclear family on Christmas day.
Depends where? On a large private property or in a shooting range or in the woods or some shit? No reaction. In the city or the middle of the neighborhood or some shit? Immediately the cops will be called.

The other people who care about this issue are underaged so they can't do shit and their parents have work t do, they don't have time to go to court to fight shit like that.

Yes and no.

yes, they're all disgusting whores now thanks to hollywood.

Some places still have decency though, but it's becoming rarer and rarer.

Depends on the girl, a lot of girls are real stuck up and act like you described, but there are tons who you don't even need to know their name.

There's no difference anywhere else in the world. If you're attractive, it's easy. If you're not, it's not.

Sex is in a weird place right now culturally though so who the fuck knows.

It's illegal to leave your child alone unsupervised. If something happens, you can lose your parental rights and even go to jail. Not kidding.

Jesus Christ, how times have changed.

do americans really date each other? over here it's seen as super corny and lame

US system is rigged to the core. Gerrymandered districts. Massive voter suppression.

There was a report that just came out about a new program these fascists put in place to take away the voting rights of millions of people with non-white sounding names, by trying to connect them with other people in other states with similar yet totally different names.

There's been maybe a few dozen cases of voter fraud out of billions of votes cast in the US, yet he fascists have convinced their racist white hordes its a real issue. Of course even the hordes know it's not a real issue. Just uneducated poor white mass of Americans for ya.

kill people burn shit fuck school wolf gang nigga

We dissected fish in elementary school.

My class went on like a school fishing trip catching all these fish then we cut them up the next day. It was pretty fun, well, the fishing.

I live in Northern Europe so it's a bit different here compared to places like Italy of course.

But it's surprisingly a lot of clear skies I find. I really like the rain but I find myself not getting that wish granted fairly often.

The nature is quite gray though since we have like four months where things actually grow.

Then of course during we have a month where it's never dark, and like 10 months where you never see the sun for more than a few hours.

Only the autists do that. The rest of us donate sperm and eggs to a clinic which then creates people.

>you can lose your parental rights

Man I wish people could lose the right to have children. Some people just really really shouldn't be allowed to raise any.

??

You just have casual sex and then randomly find someone to marry?

I'm not sure if this is bait or not?
Yes we date each other

Land of free, where 1 in 1000 men will be sentenced to life in prison?

Land of the free with the largest prison population of any nation by sheer numbers or per captia?

USA is a land of mythology, bud.

Sluts are sluts everywhere user. we have /nicegirls/ too

I went back to get some paperwork a year after I graduated and they had moved the office so I just wandered around looking for it and I got escorted off campus in handcuffs for not signing in at the front office. They then got someone to take my files to me at the edge of campus while school security guarded me from entering. It was weird because we all knew each other by name and I was fully cooperative

holy shit fuck off and die already.

we go to a party, chat up with a girl that has taken interest in you
then after you've fucked you wait a week or two then you call them up wondering if they want to hang out, and thus a relationship is born

that's pretty disgusting.

No wonder Europe has such low birth rates

Do american girls really get wet for anyone with a european, british or australian accent?

Why would rich people want a welfare state? You clearly lack a basic understanding of statecraft. You constantly get totally divergent ideologies mixed up and put in the same basket. The folks who want open boarders are the same folks who want de-regulation.

dating is a relationship you idiot. We do the exact same thing

Yeah that shits ridiculous. Even when I was in high school 2006-2010, alumni used to just come in and greet the professors like it was nothing, no visitor's badge or anything. Doubt that's even possible now.

I think he means the whole culture of "dating" with first dates and all the weird accepted standards and behaviour, and "you're a slut if you do it before the fourth date" and stuff like that.

Its way less formal here

Trigged little white boy. Maybe it's time for xbox or jerking to anime?

It's illegal to leave kids under the age of 12 alone, and it's always good to have another person around just in case something happens. Plus it's a good way for the babysitter to earn some extra money.

you're so ignorant it's hilarious.

They want a welfare state because it gives them a dumbed down consumer class that is reliant on them.

Completely degenerate.

Whenever a lass has taken my fancy, I ring up her pop and ask for her hand in marriage. If he agrees, then we get married.

Unfortunately none of them have agreed yet but I'm sure I'll find "the one" soon.

I was just gonna mention this. Just seems so lame to me. I mean, like meeting a girl at a coffee shop going "would you like to have dinner sometime?".

You either just casually hang out, find out you quite like each other, then hook up. Or fuck someone at a party and then hook up.

We call that hanging out where I come from.

All those people in prison are just niggers anyway. They don't count.

...whats wrong wit anime???

you're a slut if you have sex before marriage, yes.

Honestly these cucktrolls are triggering me.

isn't dating when you take someone out for dinner or to see a movie?

Accents are exotic. I went to England and sluts formed groups around me because of the way I speak and to hear my opinions on stupid political shit

AYYYYY

Yes. You are "exotic" French and Italian are at the top, some British is up there, but a lot of British sounds like a cat in a blender to us, so you have to be careful. Also keep in mind that our media has drivin it in over the years that British people are the evil redcoats that we kicked their sorry asses, so that can play a factor. Even bumblefuck Australian is exotic to us.

This is all true regardless of gender, but it's not like a chick has to go out looking to get laid.

That's done while in a relationship.

What do euros do? Just stay home and shoot heroin?

Yeah. Accents are American girl catnip. They love that shit. You guys could clean up over here.

It's when you both agree that you would be mad if the other person started fucking/kissing/cuddling etc someone else

Well we've always been a Christian country, so people would abstain until marriage. Dating was just the way you got to know a woman before you proposed.

How the hell are kids gonna learn how to be independent and learn how to take care of things?

don't know where you're from over here american accents are super sexy, one of my imported friends have a texan accent and works at a pub, she gets tons of tips whenever she does her accent

The 'good' accents are. Don't come if you've got some shitty Welsh accent.

Oh right. Like in Europe, the EU I mean? You know the place that actually has a functioning democracy and more than failed, false, two party duopoly? You know, where the "communist party" is actually a real thing which actually exists unlike in boogyman USA where you lunatics call a center-right party like Democrypts as "communists."

The USA already has as "dumbed down of a consumer class" as you could possibly get. Since real wages have fallen off the charts in the late 70's, private credit has taken off and the total sum of private debt in the US is atro-fucking-nominal.

Come back to reality you disillusion, waste of oxygen, Americunt.

god damn is Europe really this full of cucks?

They don't. That's a big factor as to why we have the "entitlement" problem.

>tfw I have a hideous Swedish accent

Do you really call cops "sir" at the end of each sentence, unless you're looking to argue with the cops?
Do you really call your teachers by "Mr. Johnson" or whatever, being all formal and shit?
Do you really call your own dads "sir", EVER?

meant

no, we stay at home, cook some food and watch a movie, and by watch a movie i mean you play a movie then fuck each other while ignoring the movie

>do you really think a more comprehensive test would increase the competence of drivers that much?
Yes, absolutely! You would have to be retarded not to think a well thought-out test with the opportunity to practice your driving and tests about all the rules and theory of driving would not improve your skills immensely.

Just to give an objective comparison:

- American way:
>Take a multiple choice questionnaire with about 20 questions about the rules of driving.

>Drive around the DMV for some 10-15 minutes.

Done.

- European way (I'm dutch so I learned my driving right in the center of fucking Rotterdam):
>Follow 1/2-hour lessons for several weeks driving around the busiest sections in the neighbourhood of your town up to a total of about 30-40 hours of driving experience.

> Take a test about all the rules and situations in traffic containing at least 30 questions (multiple choice as well)

> Finish with a drivers exam which can last up to an hour in full city-on city traffic.

I agree on the whole driving experience part. Most drivers really start to improve after having driven around a lot on their own, but it's obvious that you start as a better driver when you have had a better education. I would assume that as in every other country the young and new drivers are the ones causing the most accidents so it's safer for everyone else as well.

tl;dr Practice makes perfect and a better drivers ed is the key.

They don't, that's what our imported Mexicans are for.

is jaywalking really a crime?

rofl who did you even mean to reply to.

You sound like a disillusioned teenager btw. Go read a book sometime instead of repeating banal shit like someone who just watched a Christopher Hitchens video on youtube.

They'd probably still like you. Because your accent is "exotic". Which basically means not american.

you're clearly just trolling at this point.

Read something other than the reddit comment section sometime.

Wait. Do Americans really go "we went to a movie together, that means I can't have sex with anyone else for a while"?

We do that too, it's called netflix and chill.

That's right. It's just modern slavery.. brought to your by the nation which was founded on genocide and built + enriched through slavery.

Just plant some drugs on a nigger and lock him for 10, 20, life.. then you can pay him 60 cents per day while he makes millions of dollars in money for private companies over his life. Literally slavery.

Land of the free.

THIS FUCKING THREAD

TOO LONG DIDNT READ

why dont you guys have this kind of discussion about kino like the pest or problem child 2

Yeah. We're taught from a young age to respect adults and authority figures. At least I was.

That's what normal people think. You don't just fuck any random stranger you meet.

Ideally you don't have sex at all before marriage. God damn europe is fucked up. I feel bad for what they did to you guys. You unironically think adultery is normal, and chastity is to be derided.

What a world.

Swedes are surprisingly high tier. It sometimes comes across as silly, but it's a sexy silly. It's very rare, so you get up higher on the pecking chain just for that.

>Do you really call cops "sir" at the end of each sentence, unless you're looking to argue with the cops?
Don't have to, but it's just a good idea.
>Do you really call your teachers by "Mr. Johnson" or whatever, being all formal and shit?
We never thought of it as being formal, but yes.
>Do you really call your own dads "sir", EVER?
This I never did, or saw any of my friends do. I called my dad dad, and for the most part all my friends did the same. Some would have different nicknames, but I didn't know a single one who called him sir.

Ah, those two American classics.

Americans are brainwashed beyond belief. You have no grasp on reality. That is the fact of the matter. You live in a post factual society. And you will keep voting against your own interests (assuming old enough to vote, as most of Cred Forums demo is not) so long as they can convince you it's all about keeping those niggers down.

Serves him right for being the wrong color.
Also, I know this is bait but if you grew up around these monkeys you'd know they deserve worse than jail.

yes, but what does "sir" have to do with that? This is neither the military nor a medieval court.

Who wants to talk about shit like that? This thread has been great fun, and educational for man. Aside from a little political discourse, it's also remained amazingly civilized as well.

Not really, depends on who's talking
Yes, literally everyone is Mr/Ms unless you're on a first name basis which doesn't happen if you're a teacher because it's seen as unprofessional
Sometimes, depends on the dad

Technically but no one gives a shit unless you're REALLY stupid and almost get someone killed

No there's a difference between "dating" and "going on a date". A date is just a potentially romantic hang out session, Dating is when they're officially your girlfriend

Very few people call their dad sir unless the dad demands that they do it. That in itself is rare. American parenting is pretty casual these days, for better or worse.

Yes
Yes
No

Yes but nobody really gets in trouble for it. I never have.

We never had knights, so sir really just means "authority figure" or even just "person of seniority" to us. Our formalities are nowhere near the level of formalities as Europe. Remember, we call our leader Mr. President.

Addressing someone as sir is considered respectful. That's really all I know about that...

>You don't just fuck any random stranger you meet.
Neither do you in Europe unless you are one of those people who pick up chicks at bars and what have you.

But a movie is just a movie. Whether it's with a girl you are attracted to or not. It's more like being friends then moving over to being in a relationship rather than being in a relationship from the moment you say hello to someone.
>No there's a difference between "dating" and "going on a date". A date is just a potentially romantic hang out session, Dating is when they're officially your girlfriend

Ah. Fair enough. We don't really have that word over here.

>european way
in my country we have to do an eye exam before starting, two slippery driving tests (driving on top of a slippery surface (it's fun as fuck)) and one normal one where we drive around the city/town, we get a 500 page theory book to read for the written exam with two maybe three lessons on drugs and alcohol and how it affects driving

It's only enforced in New York and by enforced I mean cops will go out and hand out tickets if the department needs money.

While visiting Manhattan, I jaywalked and a cop yelled and told me to come over to him from the side of the street that I just left. The light turned and all the cars started flowing so I just walked away and he didn't bother coming after me.

This is what happens when you have a country full of poor, disillusioned, illiterate kids with no hope for a decent future... and you watch Alex Jones and Fox News all day.

You are just proving my point. Carry on.
Pretty obvious to the rest of the world who the real degenerates are.

Well, most of the time I just speak with a sort of pigeon British type accent. But it comes out a lot when I'm tried.

>Swedes are surprisingly high tier
I find that very hard to believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=PrzwpZfONXY

>*watches young turks once*

>Pretty obvious to the rest of the world who the real degenerates are.
I know right? Fucking niggers. At least we agree on something.

my brother went to america on vacation once and he got stuck in front of a red light in the middle of nowhere and after half an hour or so a cop came driving by and told him that it's ok to drive even if the light's red
is this really true?

I'm not liberal. That channel is actual liberal media.

Too low brow and illiterate for my taste anyway.

Some places with old roads either don't have sensors or have shitty sensors that don't change the light when you pull up.

I did. Try to do it as a teen and the cops will enjoy getting you in trouble for it. Fuck, I've been questioned by cops just for walking on the sidewalk in the evening. And I was a fucking shy as fuck nerdy geek lardass, not some punk. As an adult I've never been in trouble even when I did it in plain view of 2 cops.

Yeah, if there's something wrong with the light (and in that situation there clearly is) cars just take turns going.

I'm sorry to hear your brother is retarded though.

I guess there's two schools of respect.

In my country we sort of go for the other extreme. The more equal you treat someone the more respectful you are.

To call someone by their last name is seen as impersonal and you don't respect them enough to get to know them.

No the light was probably broken and the town was shitty. That happened to me once but I just drove through it anyway

I wouldn't even call my leader "Mr." anything. Just a plain first name or last name, depending on what sounds better. Unless I'm currently serving in the military and speaking to someone with a higher rank there's no formality. We're all just people of equal rank. Only lickspittles genuflect and shit.

Haha. Love it. Clarkson hates Americans about as much as me, too bad he has to pretend to like them for this new show.

Some cops just like to stop and fuck with people because it makes it look like they're doing something not just hanging out in their car all day

Your brother has an interesting personality type that he would actually wait that long.

After a few minutes, I'm out of there. Fuck your broken light.

i was in america once, got questioned by the police, my accent was so bad that he thought i was drunk had to show him my passport just so he'd leave me alone
i'm swedish

>turning right on a red light is an american invention
we get to do this in germany, when there is a green arrow sign.

Ignoring the fact that he could get laid on his looks alone, that accent could easily get him laid. You might have to speak slowly to help people understand you because he did get hard to understand, but that's all you would have to do.

I mean, unless you are some freaky looking dude, you would be fine. You have a very uncommon exotic accent. Chicks dig that shit hardcore.

It was night time, wasn't it? At night a lot of red lights simply become the equivalent of stopsigns. We also have right on red unless specifically told you can't.

I forget the exacts of the story, but I believe it was Washington was asked how he would liked to be addressed as by probably the French, he told them that he was a man of the people, and that he wanted to be addressed as Mr. President. It has never changed. Of course this is American education understanding of events, but that's roughly what it was, though I would not be surprised if it was a later president, or the British that asked. Again, American education for you.

Some of my favorite bits of Top Gear are when they are making observations about American shit, and making fun of it. I really hope they at least keep doing some of that instead of just kissing our asses.

in my country our fines are scaled after how much money we earn per month, a minor car collision can cost an entire month's salary if you're not insured
it's a system that was put in place so the rich wouldn't get away with just a slap on the wrist

This.

The only time you hear someone referring to someone else as the equivalent to "sir" or "mr." where I live is if the person is pissed off and doing it in a heavily sarcastic voice, or outright trying to start a fight.

I think nobody asked this...So you really cant date person younger than 18 years old if youre let's say 21? You can get in trouble or...?

It was invented by America but other countries adopted it.

We literally started it to burn less gas.

In the US, we only hire folks with average to average low intelligence and a very strong authority complex (you know, basically the least qualified of all) to be cops.

You probably think I'm joking, but I'm not. If you are "too smart" you just wont get hired by any police departments. If you lack a specific personality matrix, which they test for, you will not get hired.

Age is state to state, but yeah, our laws about that are fucked. Usually though if you're within reason no one will bat an eye.

>We literally started it to burn less gas.
but you still need to stop in germany. Why would it burn less gas?
it exists to cut wait times.

i find this hard to believe

Sounds logical. Aka totally illogical to an Americans mind. US poor Americans got to bend over backwards to take it a little harder from the rich guys fucking us up the ass all day. We fight, hard, to protect our masas from any criticism.

.... It burns less gas because you're spending less time waiting around at an intersection. Not really hard to follow.

Kek.

H-Hallå åffisär, haw kan aj hälp jew tådäj?

He's exagerating, and as with most every answer in this thread it's different depending on where you are, but it's fairly accurate. I've never heard that personality matrix bit, but it sounds like it's well within the realm of reality.

In America you only stop there's a car going straight in the same lane. You save gas by not having to idle and wait for the light and then putting down the gas pedal to accelerate from 0.

ABC news mainstream enough for you?

abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

This news story is older than the average age of Cred Forums users.

The FBI is different, right? Do you have to be American to join the FBI? Could someone with law-enforcement practice from another country join up?

Someone make a new thread.

Average age of Cred Forums users is 22 according to almost every poll that's been done.

If you're under 22 you're allowed a 4 year age gap only if you have parent permission. Over 22 they have to be at least 18. Other than that state to state. It only ever gets reported if the parents get mad

It's actually true in the sense that overly educated policemen are sent up the ladder or to "harder" precincts while small towns get retards that don't have to know anything outside of 3 month course.

You can roll right through if you're making a right.

I haven't the slightest clue, but I imagine it's a bitch and a half to get into the FBI, and probably even more so if you're foreign.

The FBI is different and you need to be educated.

You probably don't have to be American though.

You might have to be an American citizen.

The FBI/CIA/NSA really likes people who speak several languages though so if you were really interested I'm sure they'd give you something to do. You might not be able to get access to top secret information though barring some extreme circumstances that prove your loyalty.

FBI is different, yes. Because FBI isn't just merely enforcement.. they are legal (lawyers), they are technical and they are cops, etc. That said, even in the FBI.. the really high end folks get brought on as contractors. If they FBI has one thing going, it's lots of money. They have a problem? Throw money at it. Lots of money means you can hire lots of smart outside help.

>You can roll right through if you're making a right.
You're legally supposed to stop and check for pedestrians but no one ever does. It's just keep your car running for less time than if you were to wait for the light

>546 replies
>89 posters

>meta data is fun

We have an eye exam too but slipper driving tests sound fun as fuck. We can take those as well, but they are not mandatory. Just extra for anyone who wants it. Our theory exam also uses a large book as you described. The effects of drugs and alcohol are included in the book.

It's a very lovely cultural exchange.

You sort of forget since the internet is so global that people actually do the smaller things you never think about differently. Especially with places like America since we get so much of their culture, not only through media but just in general.

Yeah... Cant remember last time I read everything in the thread...keep it going

With the exception of a few joke questions, I've attempted to answer every single question asked, and have been shooting the shit as well, and I can tell I'm not alone.

Plus we had those two or three guys arguing politics for like 50 posts.

>page 9
Well I hope you non-americans are satisfied.

I've genuinely run out of questions.

same

Been in this thread since the start, and like I said, tried to answer every question, and then clarify what I could. This was one of the best threads I've been in on Cred Forums in a very long time. Love you all.

I woke up early and stayed here answering shit when I could have gone back to bed. Thanks foreigners

So not true, ever ride a bike with gears, as in a 10-speed or mountain bike? Does changing gears on a bike tell your legs to burn more calories?

Do Americans really send mail by leaving it in their own mailbox for the walking mailman to pick up, rather than putting them in a mailbox meant for sending letters that's emptied by a guy with a car?

Nobody asked about Americans and their obsession with TVs... especially big TVs.

You must be real fun at parties.

If someone asks a question that dumb, then play along when someone gives them a dumb answer.

I've started a new thread if anyone from this thread wants to continue!

Basic mail with pre-paid postage, yes.

But not for long. They are coming for the post office too. They want to shut it down.

Yes. You put the little red flag up to indicate outgoing mail. We do have those blue dump in mailboxes all over as well. I'm in an apartment complex and our mailboxes are one giant box with a bunch of little locker like boxes, and a large slit to drop outgoing mail into. I fully believe we should also have a trashbin attached to it, but that's altogether different.

For you.

Everyone's obsessed with big TVs, though. It's silly to think it's just the yanks.

Yeah.

You must live in the other part of town if your apartment complex doesn't even put out a recycle bin next to the mail boxes. Savages.

Yea, but Americans look at you like you're a terrorist if you tell them you don't have a TV.

Big screen TVs of the old days were fucking meme that Gen X fell for. The picture quality was awful and they gave off more heat than your actual heating system.

Nowadays they're decent though. I don't own one but sometimes I wish I did so I could watch movies on it.

Speaking off, does America not have post offices or something?

I hear a lot of people complaining about UBS men or whatever doing various things related to door to door delivery.

I'm used to just going down to my local postal service station(usually located at your nearest supermarket) and getting my shit that is to big to fit my postbox.

>tfw when I don't
I haven't watched TV in 6 years now since the internet is a thing.

Well, I own a tiny CRT TV I use for the occasional NES/PS1 nostalgia trip that isn't connected to anything.