What's the scariest movie you've ever seen

What's the scariest movie you've ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlxEa0U44Kc
youtube.com/watch?v=DA_DfV_cXzA
youtube.com/watch?v=-7Qx2dT-lUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anything that I find unsettling makes me scared. Basically anything that seems just a little bit off freaks me the fuck out. Pic related was terrifying to me.

Bump

Pet Sematary, The Exorcist, Lake Mungo (I was in a real bad place when I started watching that, I just remember it being tense beyond fucking tense nonstop).

The caving bits were good. The gollums were laughably bad

True but the claustrophobia element fucked with me something fierce.

Not spooky at all

I've never been truly scared, but the first half of Insidious, the first half of The Descent, and the first 30 minutes of We Are Still Here were all gripping.

I truly wish I could be terrified. I'd enjoy the horror genre a lot more. As it if, I mostly watch cerebral horror (e.g. Don't Look Now).

Real life is the spookiest of all.

Bane?

Nightmare on elm street

this movie was fucked

You just posted it.
Sickest movie I've ever seen, prolly because I find both pale humanoid things and spelunking scary as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=zlxEa0U44Kc

>The Vanishing
>Fail-Safe
>Eraserhead
>The Hunt
>Threads

>The Hunt
>Threads

Jaws still scares the fuck out of me. The first time I saw it I was drinking afterward and when I tried to go to sleep my bed felt like it was rocking like a boat at sea. I felt like I was going to be attacked at any moment. Those scenes when the banana boat is attacked, when the kid is almost attacked, when the shark is wrecking the boat. That's horrifying.

There needs to be more good movies about sea monsters.

This kino.

Fucking normie.

It's a lot like the Descent

Probably Nightmare on Elm Street when I was a kid. Sadly don't find anything scary these days because it's hard to get immersed when everything is just talking in whispers with loud noises to startle you.

>Lake Mungo
>scary
That movie isn't even good. It's a piece of shit with zero suspense and one good idea (cellphone) that's used for one scene and then forgotten about.

>movies
>scary
Nope. I love horror movies, but they aren't scary. Not even an edgelord or internet tough guy, I just don't find any of them scary.

I watched The Evil Dead when it came out on VHS way back when I was 7-8 and it scared the shit out of me. Had to stop halfway through and watch the rest in the morning.

I watched a tree rape a women with my mom lol.

what movie? it looks like something from david lynch.

>ywn have an incestous relationship with Jessica Chastain
rev up my helium tank already

This. Evil Dead when you're 6-7 is fucking outrageously terrifying.

We used to go up my grandma's when I was a kid and when we left she'd give me $10 or something because I was a nice little fucker. On the way home we stopped at some shitplace to pick up something and they had a VHS deal, 2 for $9.99 I picked up Graveyard Shift and The Evil Dead. Came home after a long (and boring) vacation and roadtrip back and I threw Evil Dead on in the middle of the night. It beyond ruined me.
To this day I cannot understand how anyone can say that the original Evil Dead was a comedy or anything funny. It was pure fucking terror and horror.

I was just a kid and Evil Dead fucked me up. Especially that crazy woman screaming in the cellar, because we had a door like that. Have always slept alone but wanted to sleep in my parents bed that night.

I don't think I've ever been scared of a movie since then. Shocked or disgusted maybe but not scared.

Eraser Head

thanks senpai
>it is a david lynch
what a guess

eraserhead is great and creates a creepy atmosphere but overall its not really scary at all, i mean it kind of comes of as an atmospheric comedy to me, its actually kind of comfy.
i think inland empire is lynch's most 'horror' film, even that isnt really a horror

*tips

Is this bait?

Either Kairo on Blair Witch

Nope

Kairo is excellent. I need to rewatch that sometime soon.

I don't watch many horror movies but this was by far the best I've seen in a long time.

Brandy and mr whiskers

The Grudge movies and Fragiles fucked me up pretty bad as a kid
youtube.com/watch?v=DA_DfV_cXzA
In my adult life the most disturbing/unsettling one i've seen is probably Martyrs, not sure if it can be classified as a horror though youtube.com/watch?v=-7Qx2dT-lUw

the science in this film is most scary

so pretentious
you know exactly what OP meant by 'scary'

>lake Mungo
I agree, the pacing in that movie was absolute shit, even for the documentary style vibe that they were going for.

Saw III

My Dad used to chase me up the stairs for fun but it terrified me for some reason, now the thought of being chased up stairs gets me going pretty fucking quick.

t. 5 year old with no attention span

it was perfectly paced you retard

i saw the original Faces of Death tape when i was a little kid, when my uncle first got a Betamax in 83 or so. that was fucking terrifying, even if most of it was staged. That, Chainsaw massacre 2, Mondo Cane, crystal skulls, and what i still to this day believe is a snuff tape, that my uncle stole out of a guys house when he was involved in a robbery all fucked me up bad till i was about 17 or so.

>Cred Forums
Problem Child 2

Nah not really, I get the whole idea of showing how each of the family members deals with grief, but the movie just seems like an hour and 20 mins of setup to a 2 min cell phone scene payoff, that in the end was not that satisfying. I knew the picture of the backyard was photoshopped the first time I saw it, and the payoffs from the "twists" was just not worth dragging through the rest of that movie.
I didnt think the cell phone scene was very scary either, but maybe it was because of the shit resolution on the cell phone camera, or maybe because I was bored to tears by that point in the movie

there could be 12 year olds on here (like you you sick fuck), how dare you post that!!!!

I think you accidentally watched Jaws: The Revenge instead of Jaws, dude.

Good lord this was quite the experience.
Although I'll say Inland Empire was scarier only because it went on for SO FUCKING LONG I MEAN THREE HOURS JESUS and I had no idea where it was going, where as with Eraserhead you can follow the main ideas and concepts of the movie and get at least some sense of where it's going.

Showgirls.

Absolutely terrifying.

This fucking movie
Jesus christ