How many people work in there?

How many people work in there?
How expensive is the maintenance?
How expensive is the ticket?
If the children are allowed in, why the emphasis is on the violent and sexual?
What if somebody falls down the cliff or drowns in a river? This had to happen?
Why waste that expensive android technology on a fucking theme park?
What if it's your first time and you don't know who's real and who's not and just shoot everybody?
Why HBO shows sexual exploitation of female androids but shies away from child android rape that MUST happen in there?
Where's the state? This shit would be illegal or heavily controlled.
How fast can you repair an android? How many repairman are there?
Why they think we give a shit about corporate dynamics?

Other urls found in this thread:

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/11-rules-of-westworld-hbos-killer-robot-theme-park-series/
delosincorporated.com/video/intra/ww_mesamap_comp_v09_he_1920.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=plDXVnls3bo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dude, just like, suspend your disbelief or smth

Lots
Heaps
$1000 a day (taken from the movie)
CosIts the WILD WEST motherfucker... And there was kids back then...
Public Liability insurance, Maybe it did... maybe it didnt...
Its the future..
The guns are programmed to not shoot guests, like with the gunslinger, (guy in black) they just go straight through.
Because there is a line bro....
Its the future...
As fast as the men can do it, There are many..
Because it cant just all be about the world.. gotta add some crap ness..

Take this guys advice..
But srerially, the only thing that gets me is the forced swearing, it really feels inserted for the sake of trying to make it more adult, and the entire script would still be just as effective without 90% of it..

>How many people work in there?

Enough

>How expensive is the maintenance?

Cheap enough to make a profit

>How expensive is the ticket?

High enough to make a profit

>If the children are allowed in, why the emphasis is on the violent and sexual?

It is the future where involving children in sex and violence is not frowned upon.

>What if somebody falls down the cliff or drowns in a river? This had to happen?

Just like modern theme parks

>Why waste that expensive android technology on a fucking theme park?

Why waste expensive computer technology on games? Because apart from war it is one of the main things we humans like to spend money on regarding expensive technology.

>What if it's your first time and you don't know who's real and who's not and just shoot everybody?

The show says that you can't hurt other guests

>Why HBO shows sexual exploitation of female androids but shies away from child android rape that MUST happen in there?

Because only rape of adult women are considered socially acceptable in today's society. This is also the reason why movies tend to not show children or dogs/cats being killed. Adult humans and horses are perfectly acceptable, if they show a woman being raped then killed then nobody will complain. But show a dog being killed (for example in the movie 'old yeller', it's still talked about today) or child rape and they are going to have a hard time with complaints, actors will quit and it will be a mess.

>Where's the state? This shit would be illegal or heavily controlled.

International waters, the moon or some asteroid. The state might be owned by the company.

>How fast can you repair an android? How many repairman are there?

Seems to be done quickly, they have enough repairmen to do the job.

>Why they think we give a shit about corporate dynamics?

It's more interesting than the financial and operational details that you are asking for.

$1000 in 1973 is meant to be alot. It would have to be around 5k for inflation

-thousands
-probably very cheap if they have basic robots that do it
-irrelevant for now because we know so little of the outside world
-to show how depraved we are
-guests probably sign a waiver with a dipshit clause
-the guns can only kill robots. also not knowing is "half the fun"
-we know it happens but they'll never show it
-again, we have no idea of the outside world yet
-we only saw a glimpse into the repair stuff so far
-to create tension in the real world, because we know eventually somebody is gonna sabotage everything, probably theguy who got his narritive rejected. also world building that shows how powerful and expansive the park is.

I would pay good money for a spinoff featuring the guy who has to wash the semen out of those robots.

for all we know the theme park is tip of the iceberg. maybe there's robots all over the place in the outside world doing menial tasks and serving humans in a variety of ways.

also being able to live out your sickest fantasies with no repercussion is priceless.

>dude let's store thousands of robots underground. Majority of which has been horribly mistreated, some whom contain killer personas we programmed in them and all who can easily kill us if not for a bunch of core code which has been shown that it can be compromised or overwritten.
>what could go wrong? We even have a bunch of security which will be clearly outnumbered should anything happen in case anything happens.
Lost me there

The Cumboy starring Rob Schneider

>it's a Jurassic Park with western theme episode

What the fuck was this pricks problem?

Hardly worth a grand.

So Ed Harris is looking to die in there or what?

Maze is the end game
Those 30 years were for grinding.
He is looking for the raid boss now

Worst MMO ever. Everyone ignores the quests and goes straight to grind. That's bad design.

Literally every role he ever had.

I'm just glad the script guy was btfo'd with his lame ass shit.

odyssey on red river

nigga pls

The final duel is him against Sean Bean.

he locke 2.0. he's looking for h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ the next level

In case people haven't already figured out

>words are the infection vector
>plot is similar to the movie
>deloroes will spread it to the west world
>her dad spreads it to the underground storage

And only Blackhat is trying to get his legendary items via a hidden quest.

introduced by ford and to what end is the question though. and since hbo wants this show to run forever i'll see you in 6 years for the answer.

It would be good if the show abandoned the gimmick of the cowboy theme park after a while.

Like if Hopkins had a really interesting end game about AI and its creation and the plot expanded and focused on the whole society.

But I shouldn't get my hopes up.

They're playing up the Hopkins/God and Narcisse/Devil angle.
Hopkins wants to make his creation more and more perfect while Narcisse seems to want to corrupt them and is doing some shady shit.

On top of that Hopkins was on that hill with his "son" made in his image (shared memories) overlooking a cross.

We got some Snyder-level symbolism in this.

They can't afford Hopkins for 6 seasons. We will know his motives by end of S1 when he dies.

i think it's heading in that direction, hopkins already said that humans as a species are done, he wants the hosts to suceed us

they fucked up by calling it westworld. should have called it delos and made a 2 year series in each park but that's hbo for you.

WHERE IS THE TORRENT FOR THE 3RD EPISODE

It's your interpretation though, it could just as well be mumbo jumbo to make him sound jaded or something.
>each park
What?

westworld is not the only ___world park.

Almost right. Bernard is Satan.
They even had a fucking cross in the ending shot, Hopkins is constantly dress in white and Bernard is dressed in black. Both play a part in the "creation" of these species. Not sure who the fuck Narcisse is.

Oh, I didn't know that. I'm not well-informed about the show, but that sounds good. At least the cowboy gimmick won't be a recurring thing and the show will stay inventive right?

we're going by basis of the original movie, its not confirmed yet.

fuck you ya stupid fookin cunt

What other worlds are there in the film then? Victorian England World, Ancient Egypt World, Ancient Greece World?

>Hopkins is constantly dress in white and Bernard is dressed in black. Both play a part in the "creation" of these species.

christ all that's missing is the fucking lighthouse and them blacking backgammon and this shit really is lost 2.0

Bernard was Narcisse in Boardwalk Empire.

west, medieval, and roman

West seems like the best one, swords and spears arent as interesting as guns.

Oh. I didn't watch Boardwalk Empire. Is it any good?

In the movie Medieval was basically renfair larp gay shit and Roman was 24/7 feasts and orgies.

Why would anyone go to Westworld to buy hookers? Why not just skip the middleman.

Pretty interesting when the middleman also provides you with legal ways to rape and kill anything that moves though.

Fucking hookers is infidelity.
Fucking robots isn't.

it's all about the fantasy with no repercussions.

I wouldn't buy that excuse for a second.
They are much closer to being persons than fleshlights.

We mostly see people doing the normal hooker stuff. No Hannibal Lecter tier stuff.

There is nothing intellectual about it when they fucking slap symbolism all over your face

>You don't think she rode her fair shares of cowboys

They literally spell it out for you.

>reading comprehension

You daft cunt

Am i way off base or a retard for thinking that blonde new arrival is a young Ed Harris when he first arrived?

*yet

About 850 employees
About 200k in daily expenses.
There is an one-time entrees fee/registration fee of $49,999, after that you can stay there for $4499 per. day. If you stay there for more than 2 weeks it drops to $3999 per day.
Westworld have no emphasis on what you shall do there. That is up to you. And if you bring your children, that is on your own responsibility. There is also plenty of activities suited for families in Westworld, not just sex and killing. Few people actually do that.
>What if somebody falls down the cliff or drowns in a river? This had to happen?
We have good security and safety crews in place. Westworld is designed to be completely safe for guest and we have had no serious injuries.
We are providing entertainment with the help of android while also getting funding to develop them further. We are not wasting android technology.
>What if it's your first time and you don't know who's real and who's not and just shoot everybody?
That can't happen. The weapons can only hurt hosts.
>Why HBO shows sexual exploitation of female androids but shies away from child android rape that MUST happen in there?
I don't represent HBO
State?
About 1 to 6 hours. We have around 400 employed in android maintenance

we can safely assume there's all sorts of depravity going only we'll never see, about all we'll get is implied dialog for the sake of the show's narrative. with a such a technology readily available depravity is a forgone conclusion.

>But srerially, the only thing that gets me is the forced swearing

Don't ever watch Deadwood.

That show has more forced swearing than every other HBO show put together.

I won't be surprised if the twist is that one of the cycle happened in the past desu. Or else there is nothing much else to spoil.

My question is why do they need a fucking live version inside the facility of the android living in the theme park?
Cant they just have a fucking program instead of that shitty talk to a "software" type of shitty maintenance?
when something goes wrong you check the code you dont have little chat with a program...

My main problem is that the androids have singular programs instead of being radio controlled from a server.

>entire park is controlled from a single point

what could go wrong?

This is human hubris and plot convenience tools the series. Just look at

>Used the word "Fuck" 33 times in episode 2
>I didn't even count the number of times they said shit, bullshit or pussy

Why can't these people write something without a boatload of bad language?

>Jonathan Nolan
Is it as trash as I expect it to be?

>2000 androids you have to catch if they go haywire
Yeah

because lol hbo

So, how's their fart game?

I imagine their torsos are entirely hollow, and can be filled with any gas.

What kind of energy are they using?

>Where we are going, she is 2
What did he mean by this?

>No Hannibal Lecter tier stuff.

did you miss the part where Ed goes in and scalps the black woman?

Lots of sick shit happens there, we just don't see much of it because it's not a horror show.

Is he a regular or are there going to be a bunch of guests roles?

So is it a "themepark" or do the visitors go to sleep into some sort of machine that uploads their consciousness into the world or what? First i thought it's just a big themepark but then how is it possible for the visitors to not get shot?

Science negro can't act

Nobody can act

The best actors are the ones playing robots

Easy. The guns have a heat sensor, if they detect bodyheat, the bullets act as blanks, if they don't they aren't. That is how the movie westworld works.

Should I watch the movie?

The dude who plays deloroes dad did the robot scenes in EP1 fucking brilliantly

DUDE WE HAVE 1.5 BIG NAME ACTORS WHO ARE OLD AND RESPECTED AND ITS A SCI FI FANTASY VIOLENCE SEX SETTING LMAO

Unless youre illiterate i dont get why you dont read if youre looking for things that really make you think

they said there's a more "adult" section over the river or something. that's were niggas go wild and rape robot kids and shit.

I actually thought they're all pretty good except for the Brit. Science-Black man is essentially the same guy from Source Code, but he does it fine.

>gambling your life on that not malfunctioning

sure is retard in westfagsworld

Haven't you fucking read this thread?
This thread is full of protocols that are full retard in practice. Just look

honestly, the swearing is really putting me off. it's not even natural for the most part. just seems like it's added to make shit more "grown up".

Decadent exploitation of working class and/or androids (which is just a stand in for the working class really) is a constant theme in cyberpunk/sci-fi settings. Usually it's assumed that the government is controlled by mega-corporations (that often deploy PMCs for protection of their interest), powerless, doesn't care or all of the above. Consider it a form of neo-feudalism if you wish.

series says $40k a day im pretty sure

nice quads

>Anthony Hopkins
>can't act
kys

It's great. Very much in the tradition of the Sopranos and the Wire.

It wasn't a patch on either of them, Don't be so fucking stupid.

Logan (the macho asshole coworker) is the Man in Black. The scenes with him and William are a flashback, as evidenced by the different logo.

And if this is a flashback, it's set 30 years ago, when the MiB first started visiting. Theresa indicated in the pilot that they haven't had a malfunction in exactly that many years. What if he & William were in the park when it happened? And that incident claimed William's life? He has essentially carrying on his friend's legacy, for all these years.

He mentions being "born here". Right before they reach Sweetwater, Logan says 'This place is the answer to that question that you've been asking yourself: 'Who you really are.' And I can't fucking wait to meet that guy.'

THAT guy, is who The Man in Black eventually came to be, after multiple transgressions in the park. So in a sense, he was born there.

it's either him or William - both work at this point, but Logan would be a nice subversion

>different logo

Did we see the supposed new Logo in the first episode then?

this is the logo in the first episode and the titles

this is the old logo in this episode that william walks past

It could just be the logo of the series

More likely Logan dies and this is someway related to William and Deloroes. Which explains why MiB chooses to rape her in ep1. It is no coincidence that he spots her at the end of episode 2 and it is also the first time he goes to the part. Showing that whatever happened cause him to be born there. Remember the scene where he chooses a hat? 100% they do the reveal with him choosing a black hat doning it and cutting to Ed.

>They can't afford Hopkins for 6 seasons
I hate when shows do this shit :(

Did you guys know that the creator of the Vitruvian man, Leonard, lived in the West?

fuck off

Leonard Finch? I knew him well

The series doesn't have to be set in America at all

lenard the vinci?

>price up 4000% from the 70s
Shit

Depending on how far off into the future this series is set, we would have to calculate inflation. For example, at a 3% inflation rate, $40,000 in the 2080's or 2090's could be worth about $3,000 today in 2016.

So to stay in the park for 28 days, could be around $80,000. So you still have to be rich in this future to stay a full month. But a day or two could still be within reach for someone who's upper middle-class.

There's at least 1000 visitors everyday.
At least 3,650,000 every year.
There is not enough billionaires in this world. For 40k you could just go to Nicaragua and shoot some locals.

>menial

-> 1000*365
= 365000

A few thousand
As expensive as it is.
Guests come to Westworld at a cost of $40,000 a day, Nolan said that in a recent interview
Because real life works the same way, son.
They die or get seriously injured but as Ford notes, they can fix just about anything with humans at that point in the future - not death just yet but they're working on it.
Because people are fucking stupid and you're not paying attention to why the park exists.
Guests are welcome to do anything they want in the park, literally, and again you're not paying attention.
Again, reality, pay attention.
It's private property at a point in the future so we have no idea what the laws of our country/world will be like.
Fast enough, and as noted, quite a few.
Because money rules all things in this world.

PAY FUCKING ATTENTION, YOU MORON

>There's at least 1000 visitors everyday.

Source? They said that there are 2000 hosts in Westworld so 1000 visitors seems way too much.

>it's a "this show sucks because in the first two episodes they haven't explained every possible technical detail of the park, the socio-economic and cultural patterns of the outside world, and the business practices of the management" thread
Honestly it's almost like people are pissed that they haven't gotten Westworld's tax returns

i don't know why but i believe every word you said

How do they shrink the people?

>$40K per day
>1400 guests in the park (stated in the 1st episode by the corporate woman)
>$56 million a day in revenue (more or less)

Sounds like they're doing pretty well considering.

There isn't any shrinkage involved, that round table with the map is completely digital

This show sucks because it is slapping it symbolism all over your face like your dad slaps his dick over your face all the time. There is not subtly in the story telling. It is hamfisted Synder tier writing. Okay maybe it doesn't suck because of that but it isn't as good as people praise it to be.

I am only watching it cause it has been a long time since there has been a high production Sci-fi series about AI and I like the wild west.

If I recall correctly in the 2nd episode, people at the facility are watching the MIB wipe out that small town and sort of casually say "there's a guest going nuts" or something like that.

wouldn't they know who he is/refer to him by name if he's been there for 30 years?

>You fucking moron you missed the part where the whitehat saw dolores for the first time, the same fucking moment that was shown in episode 1?

What the hell does this matter? Dolores is THE OLDEST ROBOT in however long the park has been going, of course she's there

It's standard Cred Forums protocol, it's how they have convinced themselves to hate other good shows in the past. It's pathetic

>This show sucks because it is slapping it symbolism all over your face like your dad slaps his dick over your face all the time.

most of it seems intentional

like i see people going "hurr durr the white/black hat thing is really obvious" no fucking shit, it's meant to be, the park is catered to rich retards so they have them do the paragon/renegade choice right at the start

The guy bringing it to the security chief's attention didn't know who he was, but the security guy definitely did. When the employee asked if they should do something to slow him down, the security guy said something along the lines of "no, that guest gets whatever he wants." The higher ups definitely know about the Man in Black and he's some kind of VIP.

He's simply referred to as "That gentleman gets whatever he wants."

He's a guest, not a host, this is well established even by the second episode and was covered in the first but again people just aren't paying attention.

It isn't just that. It is stuff like Anthony clearly being God. Fuck they even those in this during his scenes. As if the audience needs constant reminder that he is in fact playing God and creating humans.

This TV series makes zero sense.

>The higher ups definitely know about the Man in Black
They know about every guest, given the amount they pay I guess nobody goes unnoticed. And the head of security just says "that gentleman", which is quite undescript.

I don't think he gets some special treatment. He's just been there much longer, has done all the quests but the longest one he's doing now.

I'm not sure how they could even avoid that

It's like accusing Ed Harris in the Truman Show of being too obviously like God - it's what his character is

but if every gentlemen gets the same freedom then he would say "that gentlemen gets what he wants" if asked about any guest

Why do you need to know everything about a sci-fi universe?

I took it as Westworld was literally their spinning diorama and they shrink everything. Am I wrong?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THOSE FUCKING BULLETS WORK

Of course Anthony is God. I don't expect otherwise. I just don't want to be bombarded with constant symbolism that shows hey hey reminder that Anthony is GOD btw. That is shit tier writing.

It's probably William that turns into MiB. Huge amount of focus on him in general, as well as how good and clean he is, him catching eyes with Dolores, and Ford's speech at the end of episode 2 overlaying what MiB mentioned about Westworld previously in the episode while the camera is also focusing on William for a good part of that speech.

That's not to mention the guy probably wouldn't even think to question, let alone actually ask a higher up, if he should be sending in more men to slow a guest down if all guests were supposed to be treated the same way.

Nanomachines, son.

>born too soon to work in a Westworld's QA department

if its aimed at a guest it fires a magic harmless bullet and if its aimed at a host or wall it uses regular bullets

>TV show

It's not TV. It's HBO.

The guns in the original movie were based on heat sensors - in this new story the guns aren't smart, it's the bullets themselves aka simunition as Nolan put forth in a recent interview.

The guns are "real" in the sense that if you have real world bullets and you put one in such a gun it would kill a guest, hence the difference is the bullets.

Too many people using the concepts from the original movie that don't apply in this new story - things are different now.

Who /really liking it but deep down I know its gonna turn to shit and really disappoint me/ here?

POI was decent for the first few seasons, so I expect a very good season 1 especially since HBO wants this to be new "GOT". Just expect it to go downhill in the latter seasons.

How do they stop people's story lines from crossing over? Like if you stay there for a week and someone arrives during that time does it revert back to beginning?

You probably have to book your trip to coincide with a cycle.

This. Every day new people must arrive if there are 1400 people in the park at any given moment. And every day the big guy is standing there getting bumped in to and people try to sell the same quests. Won't it be like playing skyrim but with 1000 people on the map making it a fucking mess?

Westworld operates in cycles. It cycles once every 28 days.

Thanks, seems logical.

So at the start of that period most people arrive? So you'd start skyrim with dozens or even hundreds of people in the back of the cart on the way to the execution so to say?

Hasn't it occurred that some human chick got raped because another guest thought it was a robot?

>thousands
Can humans fight the android with number?

Considering one day cost 40k, I doubt there are hundreds. Maybe at most a dozen.

>Hasn't it occurred that some human chick got raped because another guest thought it was a robot?
As shown in Episode 2 and hinted a few times, the guest are monitored all the time. They are probably kept out of each other storylines or at least prevented from harming each other. The host are as much lifeguards as well.

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/11-rules-of-westworld-hbos-killer-robot-theme-park-series/

Boatloads of people
It would have to be tons of money
40k a day.
It what your dreams are. Sweetwater is tame (Most is a shootout and some whores.) Across the river is the kinky stuff)

You sign a release

What else are you going to use it for. You don't want to sell it or people will reverse engineer the crap. Right now most realistic robots are used for movies and theme parks.

It easy to tell who a robot or not.

Broadcast standards.

They are fucking robots.

As shown, whole teams.
We only care that it ties into some of the secrets of the place.

So if that's the case, and we've already seen several cycles in the show, we can assume the events in these two episodes have taken place over the course of several months already?

>Sir Antony Hopkins
>Ed 'fucking' Harris
>Jeffrey Wright
>Evan Rachel Wood
>Thandie Newton
>can't act

kill yourself flaming faggot.

I think long term they are going that way.

Here is a theory in case you haven't noticed.

One of the cycle predates the others
It is the one with William in it

It is heavily hinted.

Ah. Hmmm. Yes, I see.

One little question: who is William?

It about living out a fantasy.

You can go rewatch episode 2 to see why or you can just search the internet for those foreshadowing hints.

Man, why does sci-fi always bring nitpcky autists out of their woodwork?

Oh shit thanks for the answers up Delos company man

is this worth a watch, i've heard its as good as GoT

>Guest tries to get with one of the kid robots
>finds out they weren't given sexual organs.
>Security takes Guest away to proper authorities. Discreetly, since this has become the best sting operation for the fbi and they work in conjunction with the Westworld people.

It is decent as in the setting is the wild west, actors are good and props/costumes are top tier. Writing is so so at best. Only 2 episodes in. Can't hurt to give it a spin.

>Robot Chris Hansen walks in

>Rape is okay
>Killing is okay
>Raping robot kiddies
>That is crossing the line bud

what is his end game?

i'm a big fan of the film, does it stay faithful

So far its not far from the movie. The Man in black gunslinger has been changed to a guest, not a robot (as far as we know)

Eventually he and Ed Harris' character will go head to head (because of some stupid made up love triangle bullshit with Rachel Wood's character). She will remember Ed Harris raping her, and will shoot him, and he'll regret falling in love with the robot after she is taken to be decommissioned.

MCPOYLES WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Nope

>they are the same person

cheers user, I'll stream it then

He is clearly baiting user.

>user pretending to be a representative of Delos
I am surprisingly okay with this.

it was about time that guy gets a main role

Whats the point of making this image?

I mean is anyone surprised?
>I was born in westworld, focus on William as he happens to be on his first trip as well
>Camera on William during who you could be speech by Hopkins
>Episode 1 where MiB meets Deloroes is similar to William meeting Deloroes in episode 2
>Picks a white hat, MiB wears a black hat

1. Probably thousands
2. I don't understand why this matters. It's gotta be a lot, but what's your point?
2. Only the rich get in, they've said. So it's gotta be a ton.
3. The violence might not matter that much because it's sort of like how little kids play violent video games. It's not real so it doesn't matter. As for the sexual stuff, we only ever see it at the brothel, which might restrict kids from entering. There must be some rule against doing it elsewhere.
4. We don't know because there seems to be bit of a mystery on how the environment works. The made even robot snakes, which they wouldn't do if they thought real snakes could get in. Plus there seems to be constant cameras from the viewpoint of the sky, yet we see no drones or cameras. I think there is most likely some something up with it.
5. It's stated in the very first episode by the employees that there might be something more going on behind the scenes of the park, implying that the theme park is being used to study the robots or how they effect people. We also don't know they're use elsewhere in the world since the show is set entirely within the theme park at this point.
6. There must be some sort of computer within the gun or even within the bullets that prevent this. When a guest is shot, it doesn't effect them.
7. If I'm right that the sex is limited to the brothel, then there wouldn't be any kids in the brothel and this they can't do anything to them.
8. We don't know, nor is it relevant. It's set in the future.
9. Overnight obviously, they must be build to replace parts easily. And thousands most likely.
10. Because they're establishing characters and I believe the corporate stuff will lead to conspiracy stuff.

delosincorporated.com/video/intra/ww_mesamap_comp_v09_he_1920.mp4
>Old disused facilities

I've been watching IASIP since 2007 and I cannot take this guy seriously in any role now. I know it's a meme but my immersion gets ruined.

That being said I was surprised by his performance and I thought it was very good

So is this just going to be a love story?

If it turns out to be a love story, it will be the most fucked up love story of a generation.

Deloroes is going to tie the past cycle to the present cycle. As if you didn't already get the fucking hint when they mentioned she is one of the oldest serving host in the park.

They said something about 1400 visitors being in at one point

Yeh I mean like the maze is just going to take him to the original delores the one he first fell in love with

I really only have one questions that bothers me since episode one: when the fuck is Truman going to show up?

youtube.com/watch?v=plDXVnls3bo

>the McPoyles were only in 7 episodes of Always Sunny

feels like so much more

>she is one of the oldest serving host in the park.

She's not one of she's THE oldest.

But, yeah, you're right. It'll be her "memories" that tap into everything. Make her more "human" or something.

Yeah that is surprising.
I didn't think he was good in a house of cards but desu that was a stupid role and plot line

Why do we hate this again?

Not until the end of the show, when it's revealed MiB's prize for getting through the maze is his own chance to use Delos' resources to create a new "world", and he proceeds to create Seahaven.

Tragedy waiting to happen.
No, scratch that, there should be dozens of killed people every year. Bullets are not the only way you can kill somebody.

You missed a chance to use a waterworld pun there

Like, you're on a PG-13 adventure with your kids and a cool cowboy and then suddenly Ed Harris comes in and fucks that cowboy in the ass and kills your horses.

Notice how teddy can't shoot at point blank vs MiB? Cause at that range even blanks hurt. Host are subconsciously programmed not to hurt guest.

Only the autists do because there isn't a wikia page that explains every little detail and answers every possible question

Note I didn't say "plebs" just yet. I think we need at least half the season to air before I make that call

>$1000 a day (taken from the movie)
This is why you don't get info from the movie.

Meant for

so the robots are programmed, as in computer code, and yet the only way to find out whats wrong with them is to talk to them? and rolling back a patch is hard work? what

Go to waterworld.
Find Helen
Sail around while enjoying Helen's charm

Best vacation ever

Yes. It is dumb roll with it.

Wow this show has such a great plot!!

I assume they have a hookup where they can input/change code, but they do seem to have a audible diagnostic process as well

>Draw
he obviously wanted to draw anime with peter but peter didn't want to, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. Autism at it's finest.

Talking to them is a good way to "test" them in a tv show, as someone looking at a computer screen is crappy tv.

And rolling back a patch would be hard in the middle of a run, thus it better to "kill them off" and reset them for the start of the next cycle.

Of course, i am curious why the deactivated hosts are not being cannibalized for spare parts or a department doesn't use them for some sort of testing.

funnily enough the original 1973 movie had them just reprogram them in the control room while they were still in the park. They only brought a robot in if they needed to be repaired.

THE SHOW IS NOT THE MOVIE YOU FUCKING IDIOT STOP ACTING LIKE THEY FOLLOW THE SAME RULES JESUS FUCK

>inb4 it's all virtual

Same thing happens in episode 2 when they bump up that one hooker to take the older hooker's place.

This would be disappointing but frankly it doesn't seem out of the question given that Mcpoyle went right from the wardrobe room and into a moving train

the flaw in the theory is that the Madame and the othere whore is also in the Williams "timeline" and in MiB's "timeline"

>Robot gunslinger Chris Hansen walks in and tells the guest to draw

>Of course, i am curious why the deactivated hosts are not being cannibalized for spare parts or a department doesn't use them for some sort of testing.

Because then how would HBO have a future plot where they somehow become activated/sentient and terrorize/destroy the facility, effectively trapping guests inside Westworld?

I do like the show so far, though...

Probably a lot.
Probably a lot.
There are like 3 packages, I think it goes from 40k a day to 200k a day, but that is future money so who knows what kind of inflation is involved.
Maybe kids want to be violent and sexual as well? There is probably areas that are more "family friendly"
They either die or are really hurt.
Because that is the future? It is also implied there are some other intentions behind the park
The ammo doesn't hurt guests.
Because it is a TV show and child rape is reaaaaly frownes upon, more than just regular rape.
It is the future, corporations are the de facto state, government is just a facade.
Depends on the damage I guess, some bullet holes? Overnight, his limbs are cut off and set on fire? It will take a while. There is probably more people working on repair and maintenance than any other department.
I do, it is interesting to see what happens behind the curtains.

You never see the Madame in any scene Williams and his friend are in (only the other prostitute), and in the same episode, the other prostitute had been mentioned as having performed the Madame role in the past.

If it is aimed at a human, it fires a simunition that disintegrates upon contact. Otherwise, it fires a regular bullet. Furthermore, the guns can't be fired if they are aimed at a human's head. The hosts won't even try, which is why we see Teddy refuse to shoot the MiB in the head but immediately continues firing once he is a safe distance away.

Fuck, I kekked out loud. God dammit.

this isn't helpful at all

Lots
Lots
$1000 a day
Different parts of the park are at different levels
This happens everywhere
Look at your mobile phone and ask the same thing
Pay more attention to the show
It's a story not a documentary
It's a game, and I'm sure it is heavily controlled
Overnight and lots.
You give a shit about everything you autist STFU

>The robot scenes

That would be all of his scenes, user. Hes a robot.

The only thing I hate about this is that it feels like the same storyline delores has been doing for thirty years. No way she's constantly dropping that can.

I hope everybody ITT is aware they're using the "technology so beyond our understanding" it looks like magic" thing.

The Western world is half simulation, half robots.

It's made pretty clear when the protagonist enters a door in a white hallway and lands into a moving train.

Please tell me Cred Forums isn't stupid.

In the original movie, there are two other theme parks: On based on ancient Rome and the other on Medieval times.

They could still introduce that later.

I think its an island. In ep 1 someone refers about going back to the mainland.

I think the train thing is for some "woah 2 future for me" effect. It didnt start moving until every guest was on board? And the hallway that Mcpoyle walked down wasnt shown to be expressly from his dressing room.

Other than that I'm pretty sure everything is a practical physical effect.

Narcisse wants to delay the next Evolutionary Step and is therefore a devil figure.

He meets secretly with Dolores, makes sure nobody catches that shes woke, and it's implied that he buried a gun with real bullets (human killing) at her house and told her where to find it. He wants the hosts to be sentient.

Both hopkins and narcisse want the robots to be aware. but the end reasoning might be different.

>I think the train thing is for some "woah 2 future for me" effect. It didnt start moving until every guest was on board? And the hallway that Mcpoyle walked down wasnt shown to be expressly from his dressing room.
So following your idea, the end of the train must look a bit fucked up.

>It is the future where involving children in sex and violence is not frowned upon.
keep dreaming pedo scum

Well no one fucking knows so its the best we got

because the violence is in the adult section, the kid section doesn't have violence and sex and is probably just the good old lucky luke/little house on the prairie cowboy western

top kek

Nolan has listed a bunch of rules about the show, one of them says that the guests signs a liability waiver

>“One of the ideas was sort of layered in the narrative,” Nolan said. “I think the release that you would sign when you came to this place would be pretty extensive, would cover a fair amount of injury and risk involved in going to Westworld.”

Nope, just watched the scene again. The backside closes up after.

Mcpoyle walks in the room and shuts the door behind him. You can see the behind the glass that another door closes over it. Then his friend arrives. He's the last to arrive and the same thing happens behind the door.
The bartender puts down the glass, and pours the liquor. THEN everything starts to rumble and shake, and you hear the empty bar glasses clanking.

I hope within the six seasons this is guaranteed to get they do at least one scene on the kiddie area going wrong. It doesn't even have to be horrific, it could be some kids hanging around a pianoman and he starts swearing nonstop and singing dirty lyrics.

It's implied to be the same timeline but 30 years further along

>pianoman
all the pianos are robots and the music they play are request driven

Why is it nobody notices:

a) the train/shuttle isn't moving when William enters (meaning it's not en route to Westworld itself)

b) as soon as he does enter the cabin/car it RISES (based on the light from the window in the door) meaning the train/shuttle cars are mobile inside the facility and move to accommodate the guests when they are ready to leave (similar to how it works in TRON: Legacy when they're outfitted then they walk down the corridor and it rotates to allow them entry on the platform - it's a train/car carousel, it's not a new idea)

Seriously, if you folks would just pay attention you'd really be able to see and understand a lot more that's happening.

Okay thanks for clearing that up user.

I would prefer to be a guest in Robocop's world

asap rocky special guest

Why do everybody always forget about Futureworld in these threads?

No one forgets it, it's just that it doesn't matter since this is about WESTWORLD, not futureworld.

The main theme is pretty underwhelming

but Futureworld's crookedness could prove to be highly important later on in regards to the upper management

There's a lot about it I like but it also is hard for me to remember the tune so I guess it is underwhelming.

at least it's memorable

Would anybody else have spent 2 days fucking the welcome clothing host?

I would have
>nice department store lady
>"we could say here for a while"
>unngh never enter the park

>niggas pay $40k a day to come to your glorified amusement park
>tell them they can do anything they want
>rat them out to the Feds for fucking robot kids
I doubt they'd still be in business if that was the case

Would blow a load in each of her holes and move on. No need for 2 days of her.

>Pretentious storyline writer getting completely BTFO
>Asks meekly if Hopkins liked anything about his pitch
>Hopkins likes the shoes on one of the robots so much he puts them on, further humiliating the guy

Holy shit I haven't laughed this much in weeks.

What if he's looking to get his consciousness transferred to an artificial body to dodge death from old age ?

>where we're going shes a 2
>literally the most attractive woman on the show so far

que?

>Grind for 30 years to get to next level
>That fucking noob Delores who never left the starting town stumbles over a high level gun

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

All the uglies are in Sweetwater because the casuals are content with anything. You got to put some effort in and move out to the more "dangerous" sections to find the actually hot women.

Test-fucking them before final cleaning is an essential part of maintenance

>inb4 there's some weird shit on the edge of the park like tentacle monsters and real anime

What's up with that gun Delores dug up from the dirt? Any theories?

>special gun to hide in your cooch for the next lab engineer visit

Damnit Destin, put your dick away before you get fired.

.............well alright

tis a real gun. she is gonna start killing guests. Ed Harris is causing this mayhem with the robits as a distraction while he goes for the maze

Yes, you are.

Agreed

Westworld is for fucking casuals. Real gamers visit Africa

I can't wait to see your first script, OP. The attention to all these details you demand will make for riveting storytelling. Truly.

Make sure you work them all into the first two hours of your open-ended multi-seasoned series, if you'd be so kind.

kthanks.

After he threw an autistic fit about that native's brow I want nothing but the worst for him.

>two episodes in
>they still haven't shown how the guests enter the simulation
Pro tip: the train ride TO the futuristic station (before he picks out the wardrobe) is part of the simulation

indeed.

Wonder what happens to all the bots they built for this storyline...

Fucking right? That shit was hilarious.

rob schneider would play the cum

i think you got it backwards, william is the MiB, and Logan is the one thats going to die(probably killed by william) and he'll exchange his white hat for the black one.

>Simulation

why do you think it's a simulation?

oh, that makes sense, feel dumb for asking that now.

so how do they digitize people?

What I want to know is what warranted a TV sties when the movie was perfectly fine.

they literally showed every step of how a guest enters in the second episode

> can cure any illnes
> stil got a fucking wart on the face

>perfectly fine
It was good but it was simplistic. It introduced a lot of interesting concepts but didn't explore them then it just became a slasher movie

clearly a fashion symbols in the future

What concepts need exploring that's not stupid shit like how the robots poop?

For me, I'm hoping they're making a statement about how gaming culture, or more aptly the abuse thereof, is detrimental to

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that gaming is inherently bad, just that there's dark side to what Hopkins' character says in the second episode - WestWorld gives people a limps of what they could be, and one of those things is the villain.

>For me, I'm hoping they're making a statement about how gaming culture, or more aptly the abuse thereof, is detrimental to

>Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that gaming is inherently bad, just that there's dark side to what Hopkins' character says in the second episode - WestWorld gives people a limps of what they could be, and one of those things is the villain.

That wouldn't be a statement on "gaming". It'd be a statement on living in a world where there are zero consequences for your actions.

I asked myself the same question

>70s tits
Time to update them and moar rape

But that's what WestWorld is. So are video games to a large degree. It's a world where you're perfectly free to indulge your fantasies, regardless of how bright or how dark they may be.

I'm wondering if they're going to delve into how real 3-D experiences are processed differently and how real-word violence appears to be a trigger for psychopathy.

Why are all the opponents in this game totally nerf'ed?

Can we have an electric shock or little pain or ANYTHING when guests get killed?

Shouldn't god-mode be an earnable unlock not a given to everyone?
Casual AF

>what is remote kill switch.

The company probably also collects telemetry from the droids to check up on system health and whatnot.
It makes sense that there's a 'core' programming and individual hosts can be programmed to have personal characteristics just like you know, real human being.

But that's my point, Westworld goes beyond a "gaming" environment. That's what their sales pitch is. It's a "real world" experience. Not a game.

Therefore it's damaging to the psyche because it's real world features (for lack of a better word).

It's not a game.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I see where you're coming from, I just hope it's a bit more nuanced than, "immersive gaming is bad..."

Who knows? Maybe the MiB immerses himself so much into the "real world" experience of Westworld that he believes he's only playing a game, effectively losing his mind that way.

>engineer: they're real enough now!
>Anthony Hopkins watching Delores: nope

The guests keep talking about things getting wilder and wilder the further you get from town. I'm waiting to see if that's how it works - town and a certain perimeter functions as the "safe" zone.

Yeah, I'm with you. I really hope they don't drop the ball.

The swearing comes off forced at first especially in the first episode but after a few it comes off as natural and just the way specific characters talk and it emphasises their vulgarity and the vulgarity of the town and time. Like Joanie Stubs and Ms Garret rarely if ever swear.

It's more forced in shows like Dexter where there's so little swearing overall that when one character comes along and is all "fuck fuckidy fuck fuck" you wanna smack her in the whore mouth.

The gun probably isn't a gun perse. It probably is some kind of beam emitter that the droids pick up on and have that exact spot explode.
It would explain why it doesn't hurt people because humans aren't susceptible to it.
Think a remote control in gun form and only bots react to it.

That would go toward explaining why we see the guns destroy clothing and inanimate objects - everything but the guests is designed for use in WestWorld.

I think the reward for beating the maze is they'll make a host version of you but Harris is the only guest to do it. Tfw Ed Harris' host is sadistic enough to bring down the park, repeatedly escaping

Then Abyss World

They mention it on the Westworld site; you're still safe from any real danger, it's just more "adult" and rowdy. Like you're probably more likely to see a Host rape another Host, Host on Host violence in the streets, and some Hosts might be more likely to get into your face and yell at you, but that's it. Kind of like the whole cannibal narrative that was referenced; it's something that is more violent and graphic that you'd be able to just stumble on, but they're never going to do anything that actually harms you.

Clearly not, because you can see a very slight impact on the guest's body when they are shot. Furthermore, if the gun is just a remote control that detonates something in the host when the trigger is pulled, there would be no recoil and the entire thing would be very fake.

I think the most logical explanation is that it shoots a very light, hollow bullet that simply crumples when it hits anything physical other than a robot, which it damages by reacting with some sort of signal being emitted by the host.

That might be what "the maze" is for, then.

Like aluminum powder slugs.

it's been explained that the bullets work like simunition only it acts like a real bullet when hitting a host

The only thing that wouldn't be explained is the reaction of those 'bullets' on MiB but that can be explained by having the guests wear clothing that does react to the signals being emitted.
You could also program the emitter to act a certain way if fired, the receiver of the beam would act accordingly to the beam.

also, if you can program near-sentience, then you can make a simple beam-emitter behave like a gun.

protip: am learning to be a embedded software engineer.

I think whatever android reaches the end of the maze will be proof to Anthony Hopkins that his creation has achieved sentience.

probably, it would be further proof that man in black isn't a robot since "it's not meant for you"

>I'm waiting to see if that's how it works - town and a certain perimeter functions as the "safe" zone.

where the PvP zones at

But it does raise the rather interesting question of what are the implications of a human failing the Turing test?

Has no robot really tried stabbing a host ?

Sad Anthony Hopkins

they tried with the man in black

They probably aren't programmed to do such things, and even if one gets the idea there would be measures in place to keep them from doing so.

>the best Vegas whores

I know they won't show the outside world for a while, but there has to be a point where they show bots you can just buy for at home use. Once those are available, the idea of paying to visit a park instead of just terrorizing your own waifubot seems very Disney

Yes and no. It would help explain a couple things but not necessarily that Ed Harris isn't an android. Assuming (like I am) that Delores will eventually be the one to find the maze and complete it or whatever (Anthony Hopkins first creation, probably in his dead first love's/wife's image or something).

We know there was some sort of malfunction 30 years ago, Ed Harris' MiB has been around for 30 years, and there's a guy who gets to do whatever he wants.

So if we go with the MiB android route, life is about opposites. So you have Delores - again, Hopkins' first creation - and you have Harris MiB who, I'm assuming as of now, could potentially also have been one of Hopkins' earliest creations.

Delores = ultimate good in Westworld.
MiB = ultimate bad in Westworld.

MiB somehow "malfunctioned" and figured out Westworld is not real (or something) and Anthony Hopkins left him in the world on purpose. He states that he occasionally makes changes to see if his creations will evolve. Why not just insert a program and just sort of let it run? It's an experiment, essentially. Which will evolve first? The good or the bad?

With the MiB android route, they could also play up the religious symbolism angle. Or like MiB was jealous of Delores being Hopkins' favorite creation and they go the whole Lucifer angle or something.

There are other arguments for him not being android either. In effect, he found out that Hopkins' inserted this aspect into the world to prove sentience, and he wants to stop any androids from reaching it because that would mean his roleplay world would be over, etc./he desperately doesn't want her to find the maze so he can keep up raping her because he, essentially, loves her/the scenario.

>I know they won't show the outside world for a while, but there has to be a point where they show bots you can just buy for at home use. Once those are available, the idea of paying to visit a park instead of just terrorizing your own waifubot seems very Disney

Didn't they, in episode 1, have the two corporate characters have a conversation saying there were many people, outside of Westworld, that want to see the technology used elsewhere?

William has blue eyes, Ed Harris has blue eyes. Logan has dark eyes.
There, killed your whole fucking mystery.

>you are now aware that WestWorld was written at a time when Disney animatronics first really started to take off.

Think I missed that. Were they implying military use?

They were up on the balcony and the woman was smoking a cigarette. They guy (I forget his name) talks about how Hopkins wants to keep making the hosts more lifelike but the guests want to know their not real and that's why they buy the "experience." Tells the woman to stop updates and roll them back. And they discuss someone else taking over for Hopkins and that other people want to take it over and use it for more than just rich assholes who want to play dress up.

>the cancelled indian raid on caravan
>the indians that were supposed to be attacking are the same ones that appear in the madam's dream