So what's better, Game of Thrones or Breaking bad?

So what's better, Game of Thrones or Breaking bad?

BB has three good seasons
GoT has two good seasons

reddit tier thread

Sopranos

>three
I think you misspelled five

both are good in their genres

you like seeing people getting their heads cut off, and a fucking stupid amount of nudity because 'omg we are hbo and can show this shit because we arent normal cable? >got

like seeing 'sciency shit' and a guy go from being a normal hardworking dude to a horrible person? >bb

Unless GoT shits the bed in the last 16 episodes, it's laughably better than BrBa

While the boobies are a bit over the top in the first few seasons of GoT, I don't really agree with you on the rest of the criticism of that show. They eventually stop being "look here's some boobs" and beheading happens like 2 times?

Walter being a "horrible person" is subjective. I personally would view him as extremely vain near the end. He started out as a hardworking teacher who had been wronged by his business partner in the past, then found his meth cooking deal to initially pay for his family's future but then did it because he was amazing at it and thought he was on top of the world, which eventually led to his downfall. Again, "horrible person" can be up for debate. Side note: Jesse was an absolute faggot the entire series.

I stopped watching GoT after the first two seasons. I finished all of BB.

I wouldn't call either of those very good, but at least BB is somewhat watchable.

just no

The Wire

GoT is a pretentious soap opera that goes nowhere.
Fuck reddit and fuck anyone who likes it.

(And yes, I know that BrBa is reddit too.)

>So what's better, literally a bucket of shit or the touch of Jesus Christ?

GoT is the most overrated TV show of all time. Breaking Bad is fantastic drama.

Breaking Bad ofcourse

this

Breaking Bad is good in the beginning, incredibly slow and mediocre in the middle, and it ends on a high note.

GoT is average all around

\W/

GoT has tremendous production values, intricate storylines and crazy plot twists. Breaking Bad does not.

>incredibly slow and mediocre in the middle
S4 was a little slow but S3 was awesome all the way

GoT is outright shit for the last two seasons and it wasn't that great earlier, so i go for the BrBa.

BB was better for me.

However it should have ended with death of Pinochet guy.

breaking bad is shit
0 likeable characters
too many shit seasons

just fuck off with the hype over this edge muh meth show

Wouldn't have been the perfect closure.

I much preferred BB but I was like 14 or 15 when I started watching, and 19 when i started watching GoT.

BB is better in every category but GoT got me so addicted.

>Walter being a "horrible person" is subjective.
Wasn't the point of the series meant to be you follow a character as they become the bad guy?

Reminds me a bit of Death Note.

Underrated

>Wasn't the point of the series meant to be you follow a character as they become the bad guy?

I think the point was how circumstances and love for your family can make you do horrible things.

But Light was right in Death Note.

Breaking Bad is a great show that somehow manages to blend the grittiness of Meth trade with surreal artistic styles.

After Season 1 Game of Thrones basically just started patting itself on the back for 'omg any character could die!' and never really advanced beyond that. Just think back to that pretentious scene where King Robb falls for that field nurse because she berated him in front of his generals and really made him think about how awful war is. You just can see all the blatant self inserts the writers take. Also, GRRM will never finish his books.

His family didn't need him to do any of what he did, he could have swallowed his pride and accepted the rich guys donations. It's about Walt's ego slowly consuming him.

Not that you're wrong, I just think I phrased that rather poorly. Maybe it wasn't the 'point of' the series, just an idea Gilligan wanted to implement.

From Wikipedia
> He added that his goal with Walter White was to turn him from Mr. Chips into Scarface.
>As the series progressed, Gilligan and the writing staff of Breaking Bad made Walter increasingly unsympathetic.[7] Gilligan said during the run of the series: "He's going from being a protagonist to an antagonist. We want to make people question who they're pulling for, and why."

It doesn't matter if you think his ideals were right, he clearly became the villain. He kills innocents and refuses to make a deal with the Shinigami's because they would shorten his life. He was selfish and only had his own interests at heart, if he was doing it for the good of everyone he would've taken the deals that would have guaranteed that he'd win.

I know this scene gets a lot of flak but I love the part where he buys himself and Jr a new car and they rev them up in the driveway as that shit dubstep blasts. Jr didnt need a car like that to make him love him but he wants to be the kind of dad that can do stuff like that for his kid and Walt at that point just embraces his alter ego and the power he now has.

>It doesn't matter if you think his ideals were right, he clearly became the villain.
Again, this is subjective. I think he was right. Fuck subhuman criminals. Commit a crime? Have fun in hell, faggot.

>if he was doing it for the good of everyone he would've taken the deals that would have guaranteed that he'd win.
But how could he preside over this new utopia if he was dead at 35?

>But how could he preside over this new utopia if he was dead at 35?
But that's the point. If he was doing it for the good of everyone he wouldn't have needed to preside over his new utopia. He would've been satisfied knowing he brought about a utopia to begin with.

Without someone to continue his vision, his entire system would have fallen. He needed to stay there for his entire life and find an underling to carry on his vision after he died.

He couldn't die 7 years after he defeated Near or it wouldn't work.

Breaking Bad.

It's also an original series, not a cheap fanfiction

Compraing those two makes pretty much no sense because they both stand pretty much on top of their genres. But yes the answer is Breaking Bad, the answer is always Breaking bad. Game of thrones is enjoyable sure but BrBa is pretty much flawless.

So then let's compare the best of best. BB has char development and realism, GOT has world building and escapism. Done deal wtf is your preference?

>realism
I wouldn't call things like Tucos cousins realistic, but that only made the show more memorable.

I agree they are caricatures but comparatively compare. Plus they had no development

I haven't even seen Breaking Bad and I know it's better than Game of Thrones.

I prefer thrones because the characters feel like a cog instead of the whole machine. Plus my life sucks so escapism

How is this even a question? GoT is a fucking soap opera. Breaking Bad is MILES better a television show.

The right answer

>breaking bad
>good
Who are you le talking to right now? Who is it you le think you le? Do you know how much I le make a year? I mean, even if I le told you, you wouldn't le believe it. Do you know what would happen if I sudden le decided to le stop going into le work? A business big enough that it could be le listed on le NASDAQ goes belly up. Le disappears! It ceases to le exist without le me. No, you clearly don't know who you're le talking to, so let me le clue you le in. I am not in le danger, Skyler. I AM le danger! Le guy opens his le door and gets shot and you think that of LE ME? No. I am le one who le knocks!

Both turned to shit after S1.

accurate. both pale to the wire and the sopranos though

This.

Fuck off meme poster

?

By that logic there's no point in him doing it at all. If he lives longer it'll all just come undone after he dies. It won't last no matter what, so how is that an excuse?

Didn't get through the first shows of either one. Both seem to suck pretty bad.

They shat the bed for 3 straight seasons, you fucking pleb.

>unironically liking the last season

The last season of BB was AMC's attempt to keep the show going while trying to wrap everything up. There's some aspects that didn't really make sense or needed to even be there

Game of Thrones minus the SJW part > Breaking Bad

>hating season 4
Why do you let memes form your opinions?

BrBa, I really don't think GOT will age that well. So much of the fanbase likes it because of morally grey characters which more shows are doing now anyway, swearing and tits which wont be as uncommon in shows, and the fact that there aren't many epic fantasy series brought to life with this much of a budget, but once another series comes out that tops GOT I can't see what lasting appeal it will have. Also, GRRM won't even finish so theres that.

BrBa excels in that it has a thrilling plot but focuses on an area of the USA you don't hear about in a not so interesting time period.

BUT PERHAPS I CAN GIVE YOU JUSTICE

>people unironically saying breaking bad the most reddit show to ever exist
GoT seasons 1, 3 and 4 >>>>> breaking bad >>> GoT season 2 >> GoT season 6 >>>>> GoT season 5

The only good season GoT had was S1 because it was the most in line with the books. The rest were literal fan fiction.

season 4 was horrible
>karl "fockin meme" tanner and his rape shack sub-plot that didn't need to be there (could've replaced the whole thing with coldhands but nooo)
>jaime taking five steps back in character development by raping his sister and pushing the book of brothers aside to fuck cersei
>tyrion's arc being ruined with no tysha
>dumbass beetle speech
>missandei and greyworm romance
>the wacky adventures of arya and the hound
>the wacky adventures of brienne and pod

game of thrones has been straight up shit since the red wedding

Its personal preference

this

this.

GoT was promising, Breaking Bad sucked from season 2 at least.
i hate everyone in Breaking Bad beside Saul and Mike.

This

>fantastic
>99% of the characters are annoying as fuck

>Reminds me a bit of Death Note.
I haven't watched BB and love Death Note, but the character development was quite poor there, but it wasn't really about the characters. Light is a fascist sociopath almost from the beginning. There are blips in revealing his ideas were he was worsening, but it's just him developing a messianic complex.

So what's better, Malcolm in the Middle or The Wire?

Malcolm didn't deal with quite as serious issues as the wire, but it dealt with them better.

Breaking Bad was a good show but that's all it was I don't understand why people still think so highly of it.

Are you literally retarded?
Say whatever you want about the show but that scene was perfectly executed

sup reddit!

Because le edgy acting

BB because while it had some fillers, atleast it quit somewhat on top.
Game of Thrones is now just another run of the mill high fantasy. Jon should have died at the battle of the bastards, now he got plot armor the "anything can happen" element is done

this

Why is Sean Bean still seen by many as the face of GOT, he ain't been in it for 5 seasons

He was referring to Season 5 not Season 6!

I have no idea how anyone can actually "LIKE" Season 6.

Apart from that episode when the Hound returns, it was so lackluster, so fast paced and the Arya plot was the worst with her getting stabbed and surviving a knife twisting inside her stomach.

But I actually enjoyed Season 5 with the Assassin subplot.

A shame that they were killed off in seconds during an episode of season 6... BAD WRITING

this

Game of Thrones had better writing and less over the top moments in seasons 1-3. I prefer a fantasy theme but Game of Thrones seems to be slowly becoming as melodramatic as The Walking Dead.
As where Breaking Bad was already at that melodrama and over the topness from the start, which I think helped it. I like to think of Breaking Bad as a live action comic book, and it did it well.

I'd say it's too close call. Game of Thrones started great and is becoming sub par. Breaking Bad stayed decent most of the way through. Even the bad seasons of Breaking Bad have more than a few good episodes. As to where the bad seasons of Game of Thrones (5 and 6, 4 was okay) only had about 3 good episodes out of both seasons. Kill The Boy, The Gift, and the season 6 finale.

AMC also cut budgets of BB and TWD, and re-funneled the money back into Madmen. While it really showed with TWD season two, the cut was barely noticeable with the first half of BB season 5

Breaking Bad by far.

This guy gets it.

Easily Breaking Bad. GoT breaks suspension of disbelief way too much. They can't even keep aligned with the rules they establish in earlier seasons regarding characters and cultures. Fuck that tumblr piece of shit. Walter White and Pinkman may be retarded sometimes but at least you can pretend it's Grand Theft Auto.

99% of GoT's characters die by the end of season, only to introduce new ones when next season starts. It reminds me of one of those tv soaps that go on for 20 years but on fast forward.

BB has to win because it's more focused on a small number of characters and can ratchet up the tension so well. Season 4 is the best because it has a constant tone of unease and fear as Walt loses control.

GOT's huge cast was a plus starting off because it gave us lots of different plot threads, but as time went on things stopped making sense as a matter of necessity - the writers didn't know how to make it all work and didn't have the time to figure it out. Look at Dorne - they obviously intended for that to go somewhere else, but in the end they couldn't find a way to do it and effectively purged it completely to give them time to do everything else. Cersei vs the faith militant made no sense and neither did the Northern pllot line. They existed just to get to the battle of the bastards and the sept explosion.

At this point GOT is maintained on it's star power and it's budget,not the quality of the actual program.

But this isn't true. Nobody believed that Jon wasn't going to come back, or that Dany or Tyrion would die.