Why were movies of the 90s so much better than the crap being made today?

Why were movies of the 90s so much better than the crap being made today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

80s were even better than the 90s

le born in wrong generation

No DVD's, Torrents and more Adults going to movie theatres

Fewer remakes, sequels, prequels, reboots, capeshit and green screen effects. More originality and practical effects.

Because a majority of us grew up in the 90s so when we were younger we couldn't see past the bad plot holes of any movie. Also movies today are more about cinematography and action sequences than a good story

except they weren't.

every blockbuster movie for the last ten years has disgusting teal and orange color grading

youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU

They were so much worse.

Everything was holocaust or slavery related. 2007 was 10x better than that entire decade

i dont know about movies and tv but video games were objectively better, even nintendo 64

Why is there no meme image by now for the guy who always shows up and says "we were young, the movies just sucked, we just didn't knowwww it" - you can clearly watch Jurassic Park for example and understand its high quality as an adult.

It was not a remake or a sequel and it wasn't played ironically or had shitty cameos, so it was better then 99.99% of todays movies.

Originality such as The Addams Family, The Addams Family Values, The Beverly Hillbillies, Dennis the Menace, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, Home Alone 3, Father of the Bride, Father of the Bride 2, Three Men and a Little Lady, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Wayne's World 2, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, The Brady Bunch Movie, A Very Brady Sequel, The Avengers (1998), The X-Files: Fight the Future, Alien3, Alien Resurrection, Car 54 Where Are You?, Army of Darkness, Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth, The Fugitive, The Flintstones, Inspector Gadget, The Mod Squad, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie, Barb Wire, Heavy Metal: FAKK2, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets from Space, Sgt. Bilko, The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear, Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, Wild Wild West etc.

>objectively better

dat pulp adaptation fad

The Phantom
Dick Tracy
The Rocketeer
The Shadow

The home video market was still profitable and not every big CGI film had already been done.

Most big movies of the 90s were original productions and not based on a book/comic/whatever

because today's movies are just glossy product placement filled re-hashes of 90s movies with lower quality acting and writing.

autism: the post

>Barney
>other horrendous shit I can't see because it's too small
Truly, a golden age.

Barb Wire was pure fap kino mate!

Because deep down you know it's true. And it's not that movies were shit back then. It's that we look for shit in movies now. I love Jurassic park, but they deviated a lot of shit from the books by making Hammond like Walt Disney instead of a huge asshole who dies. When I read that part in the book I was a little dissapointed they didn't play it out in the movie. Terminator 2 was nothing but arnie quips and funny special effects. It was really played down from the first one where every terminator was a major killing machine. Face it if you look into any movie you can find something shitty about it that can ruin it. Our love for movies has made us hate anything that has 1 small thing we don't like. People refuse to watch a movie because it's got a specific actor or actress in it. But you are right Hollywood has definitely lost its touch, but don't put it on such a high pedestal.

movies then weren't made by people who based their material on other movies so it felt more realistic

studios weren't formulaic minmaxers so we got more heartmade weird shit

people were happier and confident in general and it reflected in their acting

who is responsible for this