Was he right?

Was he right?

Wait can't he be both? like not knowing your wife is stepping out despite obvious signs?

>me in the middle

During that time period being a 'fool' was the same as being a low grade imbecile. Or a peasant.

Cuckolds are okay with it, so if you don't know you're technically no cuck

That was the point, user. He was known as a cuckold, but he didn't have to be known as a fool. A better line might be, "I might be known as a cuckold, but I don't wish be known as a fool," or something to that effect.

That's a very recent interpretation.

What does it matter? he was an old fuck, rapping on death's door. he had to be wheeled about for crying out loud! he was clinging at any bit of dignity (in this case not being a dementia ridden dribble bag) he could get.

Also it's the go-to of the panic stricken
>Uhhh dude, there's toilet paper on your shoe?
>What? Yeah I know it's there.

this movie is so beautiful
each scene looks like a painting

I think it was outdone by Amedeus.

Amadeus is grossly overrated
the only reason it got so many oscars was because literally nothing else of any value came out in 84

He was basically saying 'I'd rather let you fuck my wife than have you believe I'm some lead-licking fucking retard'

Any modern 'light' insult directed at intelligence (stupid, fool, buffoon) got its start in reference to people with actual intellectual disabilities.

Where is this from?

Some penguin documentary, they're not sure why the penguin marches off into the interior towards the mountains, they think maybe it's retarded or depressed maybe.

>Amadeus is grossly overrated
I would say it's overrated, but perhaps not "grossly." I was referring to the visuals. Even then, I consider it to be a better movie than Barry Lyndon.

havent seen it, but Barry Lyndon is my least favorite movie so far (but it is still very good)

*my least favorite Kubrick movie, I mean

Werner Herzog documentary about Antarctica

Imho, better be a fool. Then when you do find out you can be outraged and you can revenge yourself.

>they think maybe it's retarded or depressed maybe
exactly what the Elder Things want you to believe desu

Did he ever come back?