What went wrong?

What went wrong?

bruds, do you know the budget?

It's budget is 10 million and it takes its name from a notoriously racist film from like 80 years ago. It's doing fine.

I thought it was 50

Black people cant afford cinema

No one cares about slavery movies anymore, all of it is the same shit. No one cares about blacks and whites trying to kill each other 300+ years ago

>BLM the movie
>copies the title of a classic to make a political statement
>hack director who also plays the main character
>even SJW media consider it terrible

Considering it literally had no budget it did pretty well.

101 actually

Just because it's about an important subject, doesn't mean the movie can't still suck.

No one wants to see a sterile Nat Turner movie. Not even black people who talk about him

>target black audiences
>doesn't release on welfare check weekend

There ya go.

>like 80
X
>i thought 50
X

I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was "101."

Googles don't care about slavery. If you want to make something they enjoy you make a movie like Straight Outta Compton, or Madea Beats Yo Kids. This movie is made for guilt-filled whities and unfortunately for hollywood they picked a rapist to direct this pile of horseshit.

>literally had no budget
>10 million
>literally no budget
kill yourself

>Made by a rapist for illiterate criminals
>literally WE WUZ
>couldn't even come up with an original title

Gee, I wonder.

The director is a rapist

Autism

A movie where a real rapist turns himself into a hero for black folk while avenging the fictionalized rape of his wife.

Nigger fatigue

Can't pay for cinema tickets with EBT.

Direction, acting and writing.

>fox searchlight bought it for $17.5 million
>the highest amount in the history of sundance
>it bombs hard

I know you're being funny, but you're actually really close.

>one of the great slave uprisings
>he did it not because slavery was bad, but because white folks were mean to black women

History Grade: D-

>Whites are devil.mov
People are tired of white guilt and nigger/latino/asian-shoving everywhere.

Because the whole

>POOR NIGGERS

Narrative has gotten old. Give it another ten years and it'll be less annoying again.

I'm not trying to be funny, it's the most fucked up thing about the movie. He actually raped a girl in college and made up a rape for his character to avenge after denying his own crimes and harassing and humiliating the woman who he raped in reality. Shits fucked.

so how many oscars is it going to win?

Well yeah, the actor/director is a despicable human being. Audiences will forgive that if you make a good movie (Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, and now apparently Mel Gibson). The movie was also not good, for reasons stated.

Doubt it. That'd be about 2 years after the race war is over.

Time enough to slowly start up the guilt machine to pressure America to fill up to 13% blacks again.

I know everyone here laughs at the WE WUZ thing but if they are gonna make more black power movies I agree with Snoop Dogg in that they should stop making every fucking one about slaves or blacks in the 50s-60s. I mean make something about Ethiopian kings and the struggle for independence or some kind of fantasy horror movie based on voodoo religion. Something else other than this award bait slavery bullshit.

>Polanski and Allen
>Raped kids
>Gibson
>Said mean things about the jews

Somehow that's the same thing

No, but they are all in the basket of deplorables.

nobody gives a shit about slave movies anymore

The problem is, you literally can't make a movie about 'black history in africa' without slavery. They did it centuries before whites ever came to trade for cheap labour.

So they resigned themselves to do alt history flicks like this hilarious gem.

zero because rape.
The gaynigger in Moonlight will win this year's affirmative action Oscars.

This, I have black friends that hate them.

including advertising and other non-set related expences?

You're delusional if you think that it won't win any Oscars because of the rape thing. Only white people are held to those kinds of standards.

>the trailers mix footage from BLM protest with scenes from the film

No one could take this bullshit seriously. People are fed up with BLM.

Take Kobe Bryant, as an example.

Slavery was in every country everywhere for almost as long, the point is that the main characters aren't slaves and the the main plot isn't about dealing with being slaves.

BLM has done more damage to the African American community than any police officers could have

Nobody wants remakes of old classics anymore

200 zillion

>people suggest racism is still a problem in America
>respond to these people by being extremely racist

What did Cred Forums mean by this?

>people suggest racism is still a problem in America
>they are then extremely, viciously racist to Whites
>Whites respond to these people by being extremely racist in return
Pottery.
RWN.

Edgy jokes on a malaysian dirt sketches forum does not a problem make.

Make a movie about Ethiopia being invaded by the Italians, you could have heroic Africans, mustachioed Italian villains, betrayal by the league of Nations, and no slavery.

Does this flop mean slavery movies are finally over

>notoriously racist

Oy vey why won't Lillian Gish let herself be raped? This is a shoah!

They'll keep on being subsidized by Hollywood because they are made for propaganda and not for profit.

>blacks and whites trying to kill each other 300+ years ago

American Education system everyone.

also it maybe been better to pick some poor niggers instead of a guy who killed kids. the extreme left that justify a black men raping them because colonialism, are in minority

What went wrong with OP's life given the fact how obvious it is he's the samefag whose been starting these same threads for coming up on a week now?

>m-m-maybe if I post non-stop about that controversial movie people will reply to my thread f-f-for once and it won't feel like my life is so empty, its like each reply is a new friend, oh god someone please notice me!!!!

Who are they playing?

I think they left out the baby-murder part of the story

The trailer for this movie is just ridiculous, especially when she says that White Male line.

Why are they blackwashing this film?

Pic related is the main character

>projecting this hard

>green eyes

DELETE THIS YOU DUMB RACIST

Jesus...

It wasn't true to the source material.

kangz n shiet