Why do you enjoy these moralfag movies?

Why do you enjoy these moralfag movies?

The good guys literally wear white and the bad guys literally wear black. Also the writer was a severe Christfag. Is it all just nostaliga or a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good vs evil is a story as old as the written word. sometimes it is done very well, LOTR is one of those times.

dont be such a pleb

It's a fun, well put together movie that has some pretty charismatic actors.

That's why.

Who cares what the writer was. Most artists in the past had some serious character flaws. I'm not going ton listen to Mozart because he composed shit for his god?

It cannot be done well, because it is inherently childish and simplistic with no realistic message to impart.

Would you prefer to watch a movie where some douchebag who ruins the lives of people in his egotistical quest to success wins?

I mean I know this is what millenials crave but I can't stand it.

>with no realistic message to impart

Nightcrawler is a movie with more artistic merit, yes.

not everyone is an athiest satan worshipper. black culture has devastated Americans and their preference for crime, villiany and evil to triumph over good.

The entire fiction and media industry now revolves around telling the story of "bad guys" and assigning heroic traits to bad guys behavior.

To watch Game of Plebs if it matters to you so much.

>artistic merit

Since when was is about artistic merit? you talked about the moral value of a story.

And no, LotR has infinitely more artistic merit than that meme movie.

Ah, you only enjoy fables.

Intelligence 1 character posting on Cred Forums

>good guys wear white, bad guys wear black
It's nice to see you think of Saruman the White as a hero while Aragorn who always wears black is a villain to you.

>The entire fiction and media industry now revolves around telling the story of "bad guys" and assigning heroic traits to bad guys behavior.

This. I fucking hate it so much. I can't really connect to those paragon of light characters, but I can't stand it when they try to sell the bad guy "admirable" or whatever.

I thought your kind had been humiliated off Cred Forums years ago.

a film doesnt have to be complex or adult to be enjoyable and well made.

Then you should admit it is poorly written.
No Country for Old Men and Nightcrawler are far superior and more thought provoking films with realistic themes, why didn't they win 11 Oscars instead of fantasy dreck?

Childhood is wanting to emulate Aragorn, adulthood is realizing Sauruman makes more sense.

How exactly is Sauron the bad guy?
He tries only get back what is his (the ring), and he has a little war with a neighbouring kingdom going on, that alone hardly makes him an evil overlord.
Plus, he is way more tolerant than the human bigots, he accepts orcs as well as humans, his armies are all about equal opportunity

>No Country for Old Men and Nightcrawler are far superior and more thought provoking films with realistic themes

Fucking lol.

NCFOM is about an autistic murderer for hire trying to pass as some vague philosophic statement. It's so pathetic to see guys like you who actually think it's deep.

>the writer was a severe Christfag
that's a bonus you idiot

Trying to control a ring that will eventually bring power to the thing you are trying to overthrow never realizing you are playing right into the hands of your enemy?

m8 NOFOM is a 10/10 film that comments on human nature and our perception of Good and Evil better than almost any other film made this century

that being said LOTR is also a 10/10 series that deserved every Oscar it won and more

its also precisely the reason black comic book characters will NEVER work and are so obviously shoehorned and terrible.

Their people simply do not value heroism. They dont value altruism, self-sacrifice, striving for perfection of form and function, or extra-human idealism. They dont value law, order, truth or justice.

infact they embody the pure unadulterated opposite of all this. Wanton narcissism and death. Contempt for all laws, lawgivers and their institutions. They have NO concept of achievement or social advancement. They have outlandish egotism where they can simultaneously be "a king or a queen" while receiving welfare and or sit behind bars.

its a mind boggling attempt by an industry that fundamentally fails to understand how morally corrupt black culture is to its core.

its one of the most well received stories of the last century, i would not say it is poorly written.

also if you are trying to be contrarian you shouldn't bring up oscars or any other mainstream awards

Simpler times

there is good in this world

Mom! mom look! I just discovered grey characters and that morality is complicated! I feel so mature now!

Tolerance isn't a virtue. It's spin to cover up a lack of virtues.

>t. racist

It's an epic scale fantasy story with timeless themes. It got 11 Oscars because never had such an undertaking been put on film. And good vs evil is the main theme, but there is moral grey in the film. Many characters are corrupted but overall good, or are doing what they think is right but are in the wrong. There are also interesting views on the ways people live their lives. Gondor, Rohan, The Shire, Mordor- all represent different ways that people live and different things they cherish.

I enjoy it because evil is so perfectly personified that no matter how predictable it is, it is always satisfying seeing Sauron fall.

and bigotry is a virtue?

eh you arent wrong about black culture, but not all black people fall victim to it. plenty of black weebs that enjoy the same shitty themes western comics have (hero battles evil etc..).

>comments on human nature and our perception of Good and Evil

Pray tell, what does it say about the perception of evil that's so profound? make your answer as least vague as possible.

>plenty of black weebs that enjoy the same shitty themes western comics have (hero battles evil etc..).

Weebs enjoy violence and violent, powerful characters whom they can self-insert into. They're not in it for any values.

Maybe because Sauron seeks to enslave all creatures into his army and also genocide elves and dwarves? Tolkien himself wrote him as a bad guy. Melkor is the source of all evil in Arda, the one note in the song not in harmony. Sauron is a servant to the literal embodiment of evil. He is most certainly the bad guy.

I think Sauraman is not too bad a guy. He's just corrupted and power hungry but there is more too him than that.

Potentially. Bigotry is a pretty meaningless word with the way it is used now.

That's the same thing in green. The same principle in thought, just with a subversion of tropes. There's a clear good and a clear bad side, it is just now that the black thug is Robin Hood enslaved by the evil white man, who forces him into 'protesting'. That has NOTHING to do with the concept of grey morality, quite the opposite.

I can dig good and evil as cosmic forces, so LoTr gets a pass. They just should make the bad guys a bit more outlandish and disturbing instead of moustache twirling villains. Same goes for Star Wars which is even more contrived in that sense.

stormfag literature will rot your brain friend

You mean like in Indiana Jones?

Game of Thrones fagboy detected.

The higher the nigger population the higher the crime rate.

FUCKING MARVEL KIKES REEEEEEEEEEEEE

explain eastern europe and argentina then

slavs in Europe and drug cartels in South America. You don't need niggers for higher crime rate, but with niggers you are guaranteed crime. If you take a peaceful country and up the nig count it will have more crime

are these diverse comic books selling well?

>no realistic message to impart
Tolkien's work actually has a lot of meaning. Just because it isn't edgy doesn't mean it has no realistic meaning

>I think Sauraman is not too bad a guy
Saruman is more about how you can still fall to evil despite having good intentions. He was a victim of hubris and arrogance more than simple evil. He was always notionally working against Sauron, but he failed in his mission. The Istari were sent to Middle Earth with the explicit rule of not trying to match Sauron power for power.

If you honestly believe this then get off this site you underage fag.

got fans...

can't you see the underdog story and triumph of will in lotr?

it's like rocky with elves and shit

It's more than that. It's triumph of peacefulness and humility over greed and search of power.

youtube.com/watch?v=2doZROwdte4

Hello disgusting millennial. Enjoying the age of cynical TV shows and movies that start off with rape and a sex scene to let the audience know that they're mature and cynical?

Kys.

>DUDE LOTR IS POORLY WRITTEN LMAO
>WHERE IS LE SEX SCENES
>WHERE IS MY LE FEMINIST PANDERING

"Where is the horse and the rider?
Where is the horn that was blowing?
They have passed like rain on the mountains,
like wind in the meadow.
The days have gone down in the West,
behind the hills... into Shadow."

If you think this is poorly written then fucking kill yourself you retarded millennial.

compared to:
>In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.
>All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen. "You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!" The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. "Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.
>And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn. And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.

1. Boromir Loses to Sauron
2. Elrond loses to Sauron
3. Gladriel Loses to Sauron
4. Fordo Loses to Sauron

this is what fundementally keeps the story going otherwise it would be a snoozefest

most likely not

As a fan of Cormac McCarthy, seriously fuck off. Just because LOTR isn't a post-modernist piece of work that doesn't mean it's not an enjoyable work of art.

Pretentious fucks like you are cancer, seriously just enjoy what you fucking like.

man, this is really great

I love The Office and Parks and Rec, but I could hardly find a reason to defend them other than "they're nice"

I think something like Seinfeld and Sunny are funnier, but shows like the former are more fulfilling

It's not art though, nor could it ever be.