Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter...and Spring

Holy shit this was amazing.
How do you like this movie Cred Forums? Any more similar korean buddhist kino? How are other Kim Ki-Dun's movies?

>buddhist kino

FUCKIN' SAVED

it's a pretty gorgeous movie
I watch it while I give my GF a massage

>gf

definitely watch it, it's great

>this shit fest
>Buddhist
>amazing

Kill yourself tasteless pleb
Fuck Kim ki duk

kim ki deok more like kim chi cuck am i right fellas?

>I don't know much about Buddhism but wanted to make a movie about it for the hell of it

Gotta give props to the director. I really enjoyed it.

Are his other movies good? I've heard they're quite bleak and often criticized in the west for being misogynistic, but that word has kind of lost it's meaning nowadays.

>How are other Kim Ki-Dun's movies?

Similar, most of them are great and pretty mental. Like take Moebius, which initially was banned in South-Korea. It is about a mother going batshit crazy over the father's infidelity so she cuts off their sons dick off, and that's just the starting point, the rest includes the son and dad googling penis reconstruction surgeries as they bond post cock-off and the son getting into a twisted sadomasochistic love affair, haunted by his maternal castration. Whole thing ends with the mother trying to fuck the son who has a new been given surgery to make him a new dick.

Bad Guy is a twisted love story about a pimp kidnapping a school girl he has a crush on and forcing her to sell her body on the street, while he then peeps on her.

You ought to also watch Arirang, it's a self made documentary about Kim Ki-Duk himself, where he's living in a shack in the middle of nowhere, going through a mental breakdown, the climax involves him building a handgun and driving back to Seoul, supposedly to shoot someone.

It's one of my favorites. Comfiest of the comfy.

I'd be glad to watch something better but I thought it was pretty comfy and poetic

Yeah I know it wasn't great in the buddhism way but I really liked the way it was presented. What are some good films about buddhism, I've read a lot of books but can't find anything good in a movie. The Sidhaartha was nice, I didn't like Dogen and totaly loved ZEN NOIR.

Shit that sounds interesting, not what I was looking for but shit sounds pretty entertaining desu

What are your thoughts on Zen Noir it was so fucking funny and it kind of hit the vibe of zen without trying hard to be serious (which is the right to do in a movie about zen)

One of my favourite films, definitely my favourite from Ki-Duk Kim. 3-iron is great, and Pieta is good but extremely disturbing.

Shut up plebbitor

I heard the movie's ending got censored in the United States. Was that only true for the cinema version?

very interested in the buddhist film genre, can we discuss philosophically inspired films in general? I wonder, was tarkovsky's personal philosophy ever written down anywhere to give us some kind of guide to his expression?

also nietzsche inspired shit would be neat to watch but I dont even know what that would look like

go back to your got general plebian

sometimes the lack of dialogue comes off being unnatural. moebius was silly at times because of that. it had nice boobs though.

Go back to watching pleb Korean flicks lel

You first, pleb

>watches the trailer

Well shit, I need to track this Zen Noir down.

There's a documentary about Tarkovsky called Voyage in Time

The Turin Horse is a nietzschean movie but I haven't seen it

>Holy shit this was amazing.
>How do you like this movie Cred Forums?
No, it wasn't, fuck this film. I was on a major Kim Ki-duk high when I managed to see this one years ago and it's left me extremely pissed off at all the talent, potential and visuals being wasted on a retarded "annoying city girl finds inner peace by getting boned in a monastery" plot.

If this is your first Kim Ki-duk then I understand how you may be impressed, but in the bigger picture it's really pretty shit.

triggered

>annoying city girl finds inner peace by getting boned in a monastery

Was this supposed to make me want to watch the film less?

>annoying city girl finds inner peace by getting boned in a monastery" plot.

You forget the part where she gets shivved for being a filthy whore, which leads to achieving enlightenment down the road and the cycle of violence starting anew with the next generation.

i saw 3 iron and thought it was boring

Buddhakinos I should watch?

oh shit i need to cum on those titties!

That's what he said.

FUCKING SAUCE

I don't get the appeal. The story is bland, pretty boring and stereotypically, unimaginatively executed, choosing to include one of the most standard acts in existence. "Love leads to murder." Sure thing. The whole "Buddhist" thing wasn't present. Themes and ideas were lacking and basic. The cinematography was disappointing, especially considering the beautiful setting. The director had a great opportunity and he ruined it.

Moebius (2013)

are those real? any doctors here who can verify?

they are
t. doctor