DARK TOWER Trailer

vimeo.com/186275513

Get it while it's hot. Looks generic and shitty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZxoKtKGHzk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(2017_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=zV4J8JpuKgQ
vimeo.com/186275513
theverge.com/2016/10/10/13229278/dark-tower-trailer-leak-stephen-king-idris-elba
vimeo.com/186301245
dropbox.com/s/q6plotrskp4012y/Watch the leaked Dark Tower trailer before it’s gone - Polygon.mp4?dl=0
wegotthiscovered.com/movies/first-trailer-dark-tower-leaks-online/
wegotthiscovered.com/movies/dark-tower-movie-will-sequel-books-says-director-nikolaj-arcel/
followingthenerd.com/movies/watch-it-while-you-can-leaked-rough-trailer-for-the-dark-tower-is-here/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hate how adventurous it is...

looks like shit

>Literally a typical YA Fantasy Movie
>Takes place in New York and will likely include a final showdown where a giant blue/green energy field envelopes a good portion of the city

Cool.

at least it won't end on the fucking start of the first book like in book seven. We may actually get a happy ending, even if Roland is a bit darker than he should be.

Something tells me this won't make any legit sense to a person who hasn't read the books. Looks like they are combining The Gunslinger and The Wastelands for some silly reason.

I'm more disappointed by how shit Flagg looks than anything else.

I can't get over the shitty music they picked even if it's placeholder until the trailer's finished.

Flagg is the only good thing about it

>tfw no mullet-randall

Its about rolands last time to the tower, he has the horn of eld.

Looks like shit, mm is the only reason I might watch it

It looks alright 2bh.

they could at least go balls out and do all the books like this:
1. Gunslinger/Drawing of The Three/Jake part of Wastelands
2. The Wastelands/Wolves of The Calla
3. Song of Susannah and Dark Tower
Wizard and Glass could be a series which they are doing.

Looks like absolute shit. Remember when Hollywood still had a decent vision? (pic related)

Horrible song choice

Trust me user, from what I've heard it won't make any sense to anyone who's read the books either.

Special effects when? I don't want to watch this Wolverine-tier awfulness.

It looked OK.

I can't read.
Can someone explain the story of this.

I have seen The Stand and IT tho

Do you think the comics have a chance of going up in value or the first editions considering Roland is depicted as looking like Clint Eastwood?

Clint Eastwood goes on an epic quest that ends with him back where it begins because King is a hack.

>nigger as the protagonist
How about a Marthin Luther King reverse history film with King being white and all themy whiteys being niggers? I mean it would be fantasy so that makes it ok.

Dark Tower is falling apart so Roland tries to save it by getting to it and taking it back from The Crimson King (if you're a Cred Forums fag you'll get that reference) and saving the entire universe - the crimson king's bitch-boy is randall flagg who constantly fucks with roland trying to stop him from getting to the tower; he's also appeared in Children of The Corn, The Stand and Eyes of The Dragon (I think)
Like LoTR with cowboys.

the kid makes this look like a generic tween shit movie

>No Susannah, an actual black character
>Just Jake, no Eddie
>And definitely no Oy.

>that slow, depressing version of behind blue eyes
WHAT THE FUCK. Awful

If this just covering the first book or what?

> another slowed down classic song

why do they do this? who started it? wasnt behind blue eyes slow enough?

>Jake uses a portal instead of getting run over by a car

Isn't that how he got to the world in the second book?

Read book three.

See They probably wouldn't want a long, drawn out scene of a child getting hit by a car going into depth how his testicles are also crushed as he's dying.

They made a fairly unique thing like The Dark Tower feel generic as fuck.

>he's also appeared in Children of The Corn
What?

No Plaster Man at Dutch Hill? Fuck this movie

Yup generic is right. Even the music.

I guess it was silly to expect a sprawling adventure like Lord of the Rings.

Never read this series, but have read The Stand.

Is Randall Flagg the same character, or is supposed to be like an alternate version or something? Because I remember at the end of the book he "died", and then came back during prehistoric times with Indian or some shit? I don't quite remember, the ending got weird.

I read book three. You see him chasing after the Man in Black with Roland. I doubt they'll include him getting into Roland's world twice in one movie. It's clearly cut.

Is this a movie?

>Jake being fucking teenager
>House not trying to eat Jake
>Gunslinger not immediatly recongnizing Jake (pro:tip he kills/allows Jake to die in one world)
>Idris elbow slurring words together
>black not cracking on the broken ass gunslinger
>Gunslinger having >17 digits

I seriously want this to be a good movie, it has the potential to be a fucking double trilogy based off the source material and supporting cast, but FUCK they are going to ruin this shit so hard.

I am mad.

I think that ending was only added to the extended version of the book, the one with The Kid. Yes, it's the same guy though.

>Roland in this IS "the dark tower"

WEW

>"I JUST WENT THROUGH LEMONY SNIKKITZ HARRY POTTER PORTAL HOUSE 2 FIND U BRUH! YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE THE WORLD!!!"

WEW FUCKING WEW

>some other numetal emo rendition of Behind Blue Eyes

WEW DA LEW LEW

>No Jake getting murdered than showing up at the waystation in the desert, now it's just some scoobydooby gloden compass whimsical portal shit inside the house, which was actually supposed to be a massive demon gate

WEWWEWWEWWEW

>No one knows what it's like...

Fucking dropped.

>that Behind the Blue Eye Cover
>Main focus is clearly on Jake
>Elba just being Luther with revolvers

Fucking kill me

>Couldn't even get Hey Jude for the song trailer

This is going to be shit

THESE

In book 3 it wasn't some magical wibbity doo dah Narnia portal inside the Griffyndor common room, it was a massive portal demon made up of a long abandoned house itself trying to consume Jake

>behind blue eyes cover by some shit emo band trying to sound reedy and deep

The song fits Roland's character, but why not use the original, it fits better

How many more faggy tryhard versions of "Behind Blue Eyes" and "Mad World" are we going to have to hear?

I read the books until the shit got all retarded in like book 4-5 or whatever, tried to start reading again but failed because it was so bad. Already know the ending because /lit/.

If this ends up being generic, it could still be better than the original provided it gets an ending, I think that would be what we all really want from this.

Aside from that I can't remember much besides Roland being badass, Jake being annoying sometimes but also somewhat competent. I hated the annoying half of the black chicks personality so if she's not on it I'm not mad, even though Eddie was easily my favorite character. Also I hope they don't do the train that shit was stupid as well.

Man just remembering how hype I was reading the series, and then how quickly I started losing interest....so much wasted potential for Kings magnum opus.

Wizard and Glass/all other past lore might be the most compelling part of the whole story tbqh

VIRUS ALERT

VIRUS ALERT

VIRUS ALERT

VIRUS ALERT

This is how Roland should have been cast, in 20 years Leo would be close to the proper age.

The only things that I didn't like about books 5-7 was all of King's self-insertion shit, and the fat that you see this:

>"The Gunslinger twirled his finger in his impatient 'keep the story going' gesture"

...that you see him do half a hundred times and not much else. It was almost like Kign was subconsciously signally to himself "Just end this shitshow as fast as possible"

Apparently the movie is a sequel to the books, so yeah it's gonna be fucked up for people who haven't read the books

>Leonardo DiCaprio
>The Gunslinger
Fuck no. The gunslinger needs to have a worn, rugged face, not some Hollywood pretty boy.

Isn't Leo a manlet

No way can Roland be portrayed by a manlet that's much worse than a black dude portraying him

> movie is a sequel

What

I dunno but they used a slowed down version of Bad Moon Rising for the crouching tiger sequel

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZxoKtKGHzk

>house has robot parts and opens a portal based on technology rather than coming alive and trying to eat Jake.
>Roland has given up on the mission and Jake has to talk him back into to it, instead of Roland being obsessed with the mission.

What the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck do this they always do this?

he was implied to be he who walks behind the corn

>Additionally, King has tweeted a photo of the Horn of Eld with the caption "Last Time Around", which is related to a scene from the end of the final book and Arcel said that fans will know the movie is a sequel to the book series.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(2017_film)

it's gonna be shit.

i know the books aren't exactly great literature, but you could still have made good movies out of them

apart from Idris Elba BEING FUCKING BLACK, this trailer focuses way too much on jake

>Roland wont lay waste to an entire town including the children
>Jake wont get run over by being pushed into the street
>Roland wont fuck a demon
>The man in black wont tell Rolands fate with cards
>will be rated pg-13

The only thing i liked from the trailer seemed to be the lobstrosity, but this is going to be terrible.

They're combining Jake with that artist character who killed the Crimson King

BRRRMMMMM

The cards part was cool

>behind blue eyes
>roland should have blue eyes

They're mocking us.

I've never read or gave a single fuck about books so I don't care about any inconsistencies, but this looks like a complete fucking turd, like disney movie trying to be "gritty".
And even though I like both Elba and Mcconaughey, they both seem to be giving their most cardboard and shallow impressions.

Why are the novels so popular? This looks like shit

Is this a Last Action Hero remake?

I expected nothing and I'm still dissappointed. Except this one desert shot and this one beach shot, there's nothing Dark Tower about this
The doors are now generic portals, fuck me

Have you never seen The Good the Bad and the Ugly? It's literally that for nerds.

>shit book gets a shit adaptation
Sounds about right

lets me guess *snickers* you were upset at that world war z trash too, weren't you?

>why is Harry Potter popular
>why is 50 shades of grey popular
>why is Hunger Games popular

Is this like a dark reboot of Last Action Hero?

He didn't come back in prehistoric times, he reappeared in another part of the world where some near-primitive people from the third world had survived the super-flu

delet this immediately

this movie has practically nothing to do with the novels by the looks of it, except for a few nominal characters

i cann go on bruv

look on the bright side, Hey Jude remains unruined

Its the final cycle.

For a board named Cred Forums you guys sure as shit dont read the news.

>he was implied to be he who walks behind the corn
Who implied that? I was under impression that he who walks behind the corn was some twisted version of Christian God.

Wasn't it the black chick who fucked a demon?

In The Stand.
Due to many characters seeing him as a pair of eyes hiding in corn stalks.

And I think his introduction even uses it as one of his nicknames.

They both do.

that would be pretty fucking lame

one thing to learn about the kingverse is that whatever's evil is either from the macrospace or randall fucking flagg.
>Children Of The Corn (Possibly as "He Who Walks Behind the Rows," a sobriquet that includes all of the letters, in order, of the name Walter: "he Who wALks behind ThE Rows")
straight from the king wiki. I think he is, personally.

That's kinda stretched, imo.

In the original short story the God is also seen as a pair of red eyes.

Which is how people see the Crimson King, and how the Crimson King is eventually defeated.

Agree with this. It just looks so bland. The first book kinda boring in my opinion, but at least it had character. This just looks like others have said, generic ya shit.

where can i see the trailer the vimeo link is dead

This is great, I'm going to enjoy seeing people sperg about this for months.

Link is gone for me

>classic song
>2003
>classic

children these days...

>Slowed down version of Behind Blue Eyes
>Jake looks like a frog with dirty blonde hair
Suddenly Elba doesn't bother me anymore

I don't know how they've fucked it up but they managed it.

What's really fucking ironic is that the Paint it Black sequence in Westworld was more Dark Tower than that trailer.

The whole allure of Dark Tower is that Midworld is so interesting.
I don't mind Elba as Roland. I would have preferred a clone of Clint Eastwood aged to around 40 years, but what can you do.
The bigger crime is making it look boring.

>no eddie
>no susannah
>no blaine the pain
>no face-doorway
>doors are portals
D R O P P E D

It makes it look like a young adult action film.

Teenage boy has dreams of destiny that no one will believe.
He finds a mysterious house where he finds secret technology that brings him to another world.
In that world, he meets ROLAND, a man from his dreams.
Now, with JAKE's help, ROLAND can finally stop the evil MAN IN BLACK, who is threatening JAKE's home too.

Wait, wasn't Jake a crack addict in the books?

youtube.com/watch?v=zV4J8JpuKgQ
I remember watching this vid in like 2010 after finishing the books and thinking that it'd be neat to get a DT movie with Behind Blue Eyes in a trailer
Thanks for ruining it all, jews

That's Eddie

That's Eddie bruh

nvm confused him with Eddie, it's been a long time since I read them

>2003
>Limp Bizkit
Kill yourself, painfully.

>Behind Blue Eyes
>Cast a black man as Roland

How could they fuck us so bad and now they are all laughing at us...

why does the world suck?

shit nigga do you think Behind Blue Eyes is by Limp Bizkit?

>>no blaine the pain

No dead baby jokes either, this is going to suck.

>Show me your banner
>Come show me your sign
>The Crimson Kings eye
>Is the mark to reveal you are mine!

>only 2 replies

i used to be good at this
or maybe it's the thread that's just dead

looks dope as fuck. here's a mirror.

vimeo.com/186275513

NEW
LINK
NOW

Link doesn't work

Whp cares, the books are shit anyways. I only even read the dark tower and I concluded that King is a fucking horrible writter. Even his whole universe makes no sense unless you read his equally shitty works.

>Black guy in the wild west

theverge.com/2016/10/10/13229278/dark-tower-trailer-leak-stephen-king-idris-elba

>Why are the novels so popular? This looks like shit
Stephens Kings name alone
Other than that the books never had an amazing critical reception, look warm is being generous here, and were just another obscure no name series until his other book adaption become huge hits.

I myself never finished the series, its just not very good and there are better books to spend your time on. Its slow, badly paced, boring and all the plot twist seem random with little foreshadowing which even if exists only is noticeable in retrospect so it still feels like an ass pull of a writer who dosnt really know where hes taking the series.

>Young Adult trash

and dropped

is idris elba upposed to be the gunslinger lmao

wasnt he supposed to look like clint eastwood

HE ISNT EVEN WEARING A HAT

WTF IS THIS SHIT!

Black people dont wear hats you racist!

>People surprised Idris Elbow being a bad one-note actor

He's a black George Clooney, only not as good an actor. All he can do is 'authoritative black guy', he's a complete one trick pony.

desu outside some of his early novels i really only enjoy short stories by stephen king

it's like he can't ever end a book correctly

Nailed it

>movie isn't even an adaptation of the books

I'm not watching this shit

MEGA upload when?

When I stepped out into the bright sunlight, from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home...

IT'S DOWN guys..

vimeo.com/186301245
Anyone has another link that isn't a 144p one?

Why the fuck isn't the movie called The Gunslinger?

>look warm

I wrote lukewarm but the Jews switched it to make me look bad

dark tower is a meme series anyway.

Why do we never get anything good? Why does King have to suck the last half of the series? And most importantly why do we have to get this crappy adaptation? I just feel tired, I want something good

No Blaine in the drawings. No "why did the pervert cross the road?" "because his dick was stuck in the chicken"

In the later books it saying he looks like Eastwood but with a passing resemblance to King.

The meta shit in the final books was terrible.

>look warm
>look

why does it have the same font used like in dark knight rises ?

I finally stopped reading King after Cell.

"I can't write endings so... I'll write a book without an ending!"

It had all the worst aspects of King's writing (even if it didn't feature an alcoholic writer).

"Oh look, it's another random person who has a detailed theory on what's happening, despite there being no evidence to support it and everyone takes his word for it and he ends up actually being right!"

Anyone got a mirror?

what you'll see won't be pretty

kek

11.6.62 was surprisingly good for a Hulu production.

We're never going to get a cool version of Blaine the Mono so who cares?

Why does Flagg seem like an MCU villain rather than someone intimidating and scary?

Because these people never read the series and just wiki'd the characters.

I don't know if I'm autistic but I never really get turned off by books even when they're sort of shitty like Cell was.

I mean I can enjoy them outside the shitty parts.

To be fair, his character spends most of his appearances putting on an act across various books. He's very different in Needful Things than he is in The Stand.

>can't even get a faithful Dark Tower adaptation in the age of the cinematic universe

It's our lot in life

>intimidating and scary
>killed by a literal baby

I tend to exclusively read an author's work when I pick them up so it makes their annoying bad habits more noticable when they turn up.

The frustrating thing is that he can do good exposition without the need for the know-it-all. The best parts of It are learning about the history of Derry.

Oh man how badly is the movie going to fuck up Mordred?

baby that was a giant spider

i know the quality was shit, but someone must have saved it right? please post!

Is Mordred even going to be in it? I thought the concept was incredibly cool but fuck me, he was one annoying bastard.

Nah, this movie will more than likely bomb.

A better question is will Stephen King be in it and how will normies react to the crimson king

LoTR is literally the only adaptation that wasn't complete shit in movie history. Why is it so hard for hollywood to adapt books? The material is already there you don't have to make these stupid changes.

LOTR came before PC garbage and SJWism was in full force, imagine if it came out now? It'd be worse than The Hobbit.

I don't even know how they're going to do that anymore, it seems so wonky with what they've set up. I would imagine that Calvin Tower is in the movie or at least referenced.

But yeah this looks horrible so I don't care anymore. I defended Idris but I had thought the movie would be decent.

Aragorn and Gandalf would both be black, Samwise would be a woman.

Probably not. They'll probably make it a series and throw him in later.

>behind blue eyes
>reference to Roland's eyes
>being played by a black man with dark eyes

What's the opposite of poetry?

Truth. W&G is the best book in the series

Kek

It would be pretty bad to handle him worse than the books did.

Which is odd because the entire series goes to shit in it. Immediately after Roland finishes his story of Susan the books are total garbage.

so... no one saved the video? i really want to see it

>It's co-written by the guy who did Adam's Apples and Green Butchers
>Mads Mikkelsen still isn't playing Roland

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Im color correcting it and rendering, its pretty damn rough though

Honestly I came here to find the trailer because the original link was dead, but apparently nobody is caring to reupload it for those who missed the boat.

dropbox.com/s/q6plotrskp4012y/Watch the leaked Dark Tower trailer before it’s gone - Polygon.mp4?dl=0

fucking this

why they had to major fuck up this ? fucking why

even if they switched idris elba and matthew roles it would be pretty fuckking fine

but hey we need more black people staring movies even if this SHIT on the source material

>and then Roland met God and asked God to kill the villian
>God actually did it, absolute man man!

Fantastic ending, King

thanks user

I fucking wish that was the ending.
optimal ending:
>roland frees whatever used to control the dark tower
>grants him like five wishes (shut up, it'll play into the end)
>roland smiles
>epilogue
>roland rides up to Zoltan with Eddie, Jake, Callahan, Oy and Susannah on horses
>"where are ye headed, gunslinger?"
>"Gilead."
roland also has a workable right hand.

Thanks m8

>behind blue eyes

They are purposely shitting all over fans of the books who want a faithful adaptation.

Literally the only reason to put that shitty song conver in the trailer is to rub in the fact that they cast a man who looks nothing like Roland as Roland.

God, I hope this bombs and maybe in a couple decades we will get a decent adaptation.

Future generations are going to look back at the film adaptations of this generation and wonder what the fuck we were thinking.

Fucking down, goddammit

Can a nigger get a mirror to this

right click save as

Javier Bardem was considered. I think he was a proper choice, prefered than a nigglette

>
???

Where the fuck is it??

all links are down

pls send help

Good dammit nigger

Just go now.

Nothing

>Wizard and Glass
>the most compelling part of the whole story

Bitch please. Incredibly drawn out cliched teenage romance ruined W&G.

It's fucking Ghostbusters all over again. Take something good and decent, rip the fucking soul out of it, recast it with the latest hacks, excrement into a can of CGI and spray that shit everywhere, then launch it for a net loss so no one pays taxes.

FUCK , can't wait for Netflix to kill the theatres.

It looks like something to me

>from the director of A Royal Affair and the writers of Men & Chicken and A Winter's Tale
i'm sorry what

>gunslinger, good
>Drawing of the Three - best
>The Waste Land - great
>WotG - okay
>The Wolves of the Calla - meh
>SoS - shit
>TDT - ____Shit____

All in all, he should have not picked it back up in 2003

Thx, saved.

Thank you.

But also fuck you because that was awful.

It looks very underwhelming.

yeah... sorry user.

I prefered to spare you the hipe

anyone got a link for non-americucks?

Looks pretty fucking awful
>rolands draw speed is just fast, not so fast that his hand is a blur
>roland has given up and needs jake to tell him to keep fighting on
>the doors are now weird futuristic portals
>generic shit dialogue

I don't get it. I never read the books but does it look faithful to it?

This isn't an adaptation, it's more or less a sequel/continuation.

It's hard to explain.

>I hate how adventurous the adaptation of a series about an epic quest is
??

Will it at least be R-rated?

god bless whomever did the casting for this movie.
btfo of all the racists make me happy.

>tfw there will never be a Dark Tower adaptation with McConaughey as the Gunslinger

That it wasn't Hey Jude speaks fucking volumes.

>they cast a man who looks nothing like Roland as Roland
you mean a fictional book got cast as a fictional movie and the fictional characters aren't 100% like the fictional characters in the fictional book?
next thing you're gonna tell me is that movies sometimes change things from books.

It's really fucking easy to find a middle-aged white man with dark hair for a leading role. Don't give me that shit.

Normally I'm fine with characters having their ethnicity changed as long as the narrative doesnt suffer from it, but in this case it was a bad idea to make Roland black (or anything other than white honestly) because Susannah's racism is a big obstacle to the group early on. This change fucks up that dynamic of the story.

>he's triggered because the fictional character doesn't look like the fictional character
is Cred Forums leaking again?

whatever jethro.
im sure the producers of the movie will give a shit about not getting your 10 bucks.

Nice buzzwords, shit-for-brains.

does anyone have a mirror?

>being this triggered about a FICTIONAL movie based on a FICTIONAL book
jesus man, let it go

>being this triggered in an IMAGEBOARD for TELEVISION/FILM.
Not everything has to involve your made-up boogeyman/

>vimeo.com/186275513

he's actually right
a major character in the series is a black civil rights worker with multiple personalities. she switches from a soft spoken woman to literal pickannanny demon woman. if they drop that aspect of her character that would be shitstainingly awful.

like adapting harry potter and saying, "yeah in this version snape is okay with harry"

>he's actually right
no he's not

But he's on the right side of history, and we're just racist problematic "alt-righters."

>made-up boogeyman
have you not taken your meds today?

>calling yourself an """"""""'alt-righter""""""""""""

book 3 is super interesting there is a super train in the middle of a westeland
amazing read if you are into post apocaliptic

I haven't read all of his comments, but this aspect will be difficult if they chose to follow a major thread of the series.

the thing is, stephen king novels are loved because of the characters. they make all these changes just to get to the limp ending that is dark tower no one will care. gotta keep those characters trule.

screaming o'detta keeping roland and eddie up, not letting them sleep, screeching out mammy-esque insults and "white pecker" insults... this is something we need in DTS audio.

This looks like utter garbage, besides a black Roland, everything is just so fucking plain flat and generic.

To be fair, I was still planning on seeing it, but that was before this laughably awful trailer came out. So now I'm not seeing it, but it has nothing to do with Idris.

vimeo removed the trailer. is it up anywhere else?

This. A film of just that would be great

How am I wrong?

Are you actually claiming I made up the fact that Susannah displays a ton of racism early in the series?

>implying I would watch a nigger Roland

get fucked kikes no shekels from me

anyone who buys tickets to see this hot garbage is a fucking retard

It looks terrible, so fucking terrible.

No, she's just upset that evil whiteys aren't praising this diversity casting.

thanks user
and it does look horrible.

>being this triggered
i suggest calming down there jethro before you have a stroke

Holy fuck that looks awful. I had some optimism at one point but this jist killed it all.

He'll be played by Chloe moretz

You already used that one, cupcake. And it sounds ridiculous coming from a PC faggot such as yourself.

olan
olan

:'(

Why in the fuck is anyone besides Clint's kid playing the Gunslinger?

Is this a poster some play version, or tv version of The Outsiders?

actually it was a drider

doesn't work

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/dark-tower-movie-will-sequel-books-says-director-nikolaj-arcel/

Sorry for click bait website also didn't read so this might have been mention but......

THEY ARE ANGLING THIS AS A FUCKING SEMI-SEQUEL TO THE BOOKS!!??!!??!

What the in the absolute fuck? So this is how they are going to do away with the entire ka-tet? What is the point of this entire series, if it does center around the ka-tet reviving Roland's humanity.

Man what the fuck.

Unfortunately he can't act for shit, Viggo would've been perfect tho

The books end with Roland restarting his journey with the horn -> the implication is that he makes incremental progress over time and over the repetitions towards finally doing away with the entire thing and redeeming himself.

So it's a sequel but also an adaptation.

it's pretty much unbridled imagination with a bit of mystery to keep the pretense of continuity going.

fun reads, no idea why it's been labelled as a "magnum opus" by anyone though.

> I sperged out over nothing
Sorry I totally forgot about the horn theory. Actually kinda seems like a good idea, so you can retcon out the stephen king appearance.

I didn't make it in time to see the trailer. Can someone confirm if they have actually removed Eddie susan and Oy?

Didn't see the trailer either but Eddie, Oy and Sussanah are confirmed to not be in this one. Some version of them will be in the sequel assuming this won't bomb and they cancel the whole thing.

> The trailer has been removed at the request of the studio.

You were probably just confused because they're doing some stupid shit with the order they're filming in.

Eddit, etc. aren't going to be in this one for some retarded reason or another, if this does well and we get sequels they'll probably be in those, though no telling whether they're be similar to they are in the books or not.

M-maybe they are going to add in the rest of the ka-tet in the next movie?

I mean he weaves it in and out of like 40 other books. It reveals themes that make you see his other books in an entirely different light, while preserving the integrity of those stories.

Yeah it's genre fic, and if your some snooty /lit/eral, you probably hate it.

When you say "weaves it in and out of like 40 other books," you're going to trick people into being tricked like I was when I was like 14 and expected Pennywise and the Nightflier to show up as secondary villains and shit, not "side character #15 from whatever novella that I don't give a shit about ends up having a cameo as a deus ex machina.

It's the "magnum opus" because it ties together pretty much all of his other writing, for better or worse, and he wrote the series itself over much of his career so it's a good timeline of King's own mental state and ability. In terms of understanding King as a writer it's the most important work in his library, hence, magnum opus.

I don't see this series adapting well. There's too many pop-culture references, the main bad guy is santa, there's like, fifty fucking deus ex machinas throughout the story, and there's a fucking mammy in it.

I know this is bait...and you succeeded. Fuck you, World War Z deserved so much fucking better than that shit turd of a movie

bloodsucking lawyers eh

Cell was fucking shit. How in the fuck did that zombie whatever's know about the no-fo fo-fo shit?

If you've not read the books and think that's gobbledegook, take that as a reason why you shouldn't read Stephen King

its after he got sober thats the differance it was great when he was a nofcuks givin junkie

followingthenerd.com/movies/watch-it-while-you-can-leaked-rough-trailer-for-the-dark-tower-is-here/

Callahan was a bit more then a side-character in salems lot

still good point

I'm thinking more of todash space, the beams, that reverse laughing version of penny wise. The big one obviously is the man in black. There's also some tacit connection in hearts in Atlantis and insomina. Ka-texts showing up all over his novels. Idk that stuff really gave me a hard on as a kid. I loved looking up all the theories and connections on the Dark Tower wiki.

Also the fact that the Crimson king was defeated in a few other forms in other novels so he was weaken in the "final battle". (I know that's a fan theory and kinda a retro active justification for the very underwhelming crimson king)

All in all im probably just trying to justify the massive time sink I put into kings books. Fuck it tho, I liked it.

That's exactly my point.
Callahan is the coolest fucking character in the series, he's a fucking inter-dimensional Irish vampire priest, and he has the coolest moment of any character in the series: his sacrifice.

If King had done something similar with one or two more characters from other books, I wouldn't really have this complaint.

Also Flagg in the Dark Tower series is the worst version of Flagg in any King book.

Flagg did nothing at all in the goddamn books, aside from backstory shit (that's one of the bigger things I hate about the series, giant endless flashbacks longer even than the enormous character flashbacks in shit like the Stand).

Flagg did nothing of importance in the grand scheme of the series, and a character that should've died with some mundane, but thrilling quickdraw with Roland at the base of the Tower got his ass rekt by some nonsense latecomer that made the story worse.

finally thank you user,

so jakes too old, he's in modern day, no house monster, doorways look fucking stupid, and flaggs kicking around in our world instead of dark tower world, fuck i'm annoyed, only thing I liked was the low-man fixing his face that looked correct

looks like some real faggotry lads wew

>nigger lead
haha no

the dixie pig is probably my favorite bit in the whole series and its in the worst book

Hmmmm. Looks like it has none of the imagination of the books.

Who ready for MARVEL QUIPS

I'm not convinced lads

>that's one of the bigger things I hate about the series, giant endless flashbacks longer even than the enormous character flashbacks in shit like the Stand).
Loved the flash back book. Being an overly romantic, secret emo kid helped.

>Flagg did nothing of importance in the grand scheme of the series,

Haven't read them in at least 15 years, but don't they have a baller show down with Flagg in the one that has all the wizard of oz references?

I will say that the Man in Black has a really frustrating arc. We see Roland nonstop dominating enemies in impossible situations. He always finds a way to sway the circumstance to his favor in believable ways. Yet Flagg has his number, Roland can never get the upper hand. I wonder if King was attempting to preserve sanctity of Flaggs character or something. It takes a psychic spider monster to defeat him. Frankly I did get a lot of satisfaction out of Flagg ripping his own tongue and eyes out.

I didn't even realize the flaw in Flaggs demise until I read forum posts complaining about he lack of resolution for Roland. I wasn't a very astute reader.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Although the first part of wizard and glass are fucking rad

>Its about rolands last time to the tower,

Just fucking kill me now

Just an illustration based on models.

>Baller show down

If by that you mean Flagg says "Hey Roland, what's up?" and then screams like a bitch when Roland's other gun shoots at him and then he disappears.

The only way for Roland to truly end his journey is for him not to go to enter the Tower at all. The Crimson King was trapped, his forces killed and the breakers told to fuck right off.

There is a way to make it an adaption and also a sequel that won't confuse most people and the key is for Roland to save Jake in the cave. If he does that he doesn't lose God knows how many years and can journey to Lud before the warring factions tear it apart (Shit go there when they start fighting for some action scenes) because there were two trains. Blaine and another that goes right to Fedic.

The problem is you lose Eddie and Susannah but you don't confuse the audience with all the reality swapping.

you didn't watch the trailer I see

besides how would that work everyone whos read the book knows the implication of Roland saving Jake in the cave but movie people won't, the scene would mean nothing without knowing how it happened last time

>Jake being fucking teenager

Into the trash it goes

Remember that time when Roland faught an army of Dr Doom robots?

Don't forget that the Crimson King's final gambit is to send a bunch of flying grenades at Roland and he has nothing else.

>I was like 14 and expected Pennywise and the Nightflier to show up as secondary villains

That sounds like comic book shit man. I don't blame you because you were 14. I read IT before the Dark Tower so when I learned years later that the random ass turtle was actually a beam guardian and it died because of the breakers it blew my mind

Well for movie people it's just the hero saving a car from cannibal mutants. Book fans are the ones who would be surprised.

And no I didn't see the trailer and I know this isn't what they would do I just think doing it this way would keep it clean and simple for movie audiences but also adding another layer for book fans.

that was supposed to be a lobstrocity??? what the fuck?? It looked so massive and dark. I pictured them being smaller like dog sized and pink.

kid* not Car

also the eyes thing, but yea it was annoying and lame

hmm, it looks like desert stuff I wouldn't be surprised if that's during the sex demon, which I'm sure they'll completely fuck up

>That sounds like comic book shit man.

So does everything that ACTUALLY happened in the series after book 4.
Dinner plates become the most viable weapon after firearms.

I unironically love the image of a lightsaber wielding Doctor Doom on horseback

>Well for movie people it's just the hero saving a car from cannibal mutants.
yea so pointless, but anyway watch the trailer the last link still works, their not doing that

Is that what they are!? I pictured them as that thing Xena threw around

SK was watching a lot of Zena at the time

Cacodemon confirmed!

There's a goddamn picture of Jake holding ceramic dinner plates in the books, famalam.
It's the dumbest shit ever.

It's not pointless if you see it as a continuation. Roland is damned as soon as he let's Jake die. If you really wanted it to be the last time round Roland would save Jake instead of going after Flagg

yea their plates with a shaped grip thing and a whistle, which always seemed stupid it took away the stealth advantage of the thing

My copy didn't have illustrations.

ok yes thats my point for movie people it would be a pointless action scene, without knowing what happened its just filler

Haha I guess I need to reread. I remember it being super tense and lasting for a bit. Was that the last time Roland sees him in person? Fuck

Also was Flagg, John Farson? Flagg has a very Heath Ledger/Joker vibe.

Don't they say in the Top of the Tower, "shoulda brought dat horn senpai" ?

Not loving the "chosen one" vibe they are giving him either.

I got the same feeling when I learned when I read a theory about how cujo isn't really rabid but poked his head into todash space and got possessed by some demon. I think king actually abandoned that angle mid novel.

Underrated post.

It's not filler. They're chasing Flagg and he lays a trap for them. You have to have some action scenes and if Roland can't blow the heads off a bunch of kids he may as well do it to some mutants. Let's not pretend movie goesrs aren't massive fucking plebs here

KEK!

yea its great

Whatever happened to that asshole? I always thought he was Flagg before those comics came out

The mist actually being a thinny that opened up, gave me a boner.

yea I get it, but they have to bring that back, like jake and roland going nuts with 'your dead, i'm dead' shit so a movie goer watching this splosions scene then in the sequel or w/e theirs all this I'm suppose to be dead stuff,

wait I agree with you now that's what their going to do, and skip the pusher all together

Remember when C-3PO was a murderous psychopath who would interact with all the children of the village. And how half of those children were taken away and turned into retards and nobody in the village questioned just what the fuck that robot was doing there?

Shit I never read the Mist. I did read Hearts of Atlantis though so it was cool seeing Ted come back and finding out what the low men were.

>in the movie roland will shoot the lobstrosities dead before they eat his fingers and say "NOT DIS TIME MUHFUGGA!" and wink at the camera

Another link to the trailer anyone?

What a horrible casting job.

I mean, why even do it? One of the main characters is already a black woman so diversity isn't even an argument.

It's way more interesting to have them be separate. It's almost too obvious to have them be the same person.

Anyone wondering if they will have the weird ass slang in the movies
>pert cully
>ya keen it
>palaver
That's a huge part of the immersion and alien feel to the series.

If Roland doesn't defend cigarette smoking as healthy and safe Im going to be pissed. I know that it's not PC but that exchange is fucking amazing.

I dont think the sex demon is even in it... it wasn't in the original script i read at least

Yep, it's probably my favorite of his. It's pretty short for king. they vaguely hint at military goons fucking with what I assumed was a predisposed thinny, and blew it wide open

It's his most lovecraftian work by far. It delves into the "between worlds" todash space stuff a lot but also is really vague about it. It really works the whole primal fear of the unknown, the horrors hiding in the unknown waiting to get us.

>It's his most lovecraftian work by far.
No, that would be Revival.

>set in Maine
Dear fucking god this man is either lazy or obsessed ( I need a stronger word than obsessed)

He should toss one of these fucking things into canada or the Midwest.

Christ why does everything I love have to turn into shit

At least you fucking GOT bookfags got a full HBO series with some changes to the source material, look at this fucking butchering we are getting.

TRAILER WHERE

godfucking dammit I hate this shit, why did they even bother

>every single person reading this series over a fucking decade is picturing Clint Eastwood
>cast fucking idris elba
>people get mad
>DAS RAYCISS

SK even describes him as Clint,

those fucking assholes

I kinda hate Cred Forums but Hitler Did nothing wrong jesus fucking christ everything about this looks wrong

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stephen King books not set in Maine:
The Shining
The Stand
Firestarter
Roadwork
The Dark Tower series
Christine
The Talisman
Thinner
Misery
The Green Mile
Desperation
The Regulators
Black House
From a Buick 8
Mr. Mercedes

Wouldn't it be amazing if they adapted all the dark tower and the big cross over novels in a sprawling universe with all the same actors over a series of 15 years. Wouldn't it be sick if they rewrote the ending to not include king and have Roland find something interesting at the top of the tower.

now come on be fair most of those at least mentioned Maine if not had a trip their

FUCKING JEWS DID IT AGAIN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TRAILER WHERE

It keeps popping up and getting deleted. Leaked by Sony Taiwan apparently. Still unfinished, you can see visible green screen. It's blurry and has water marks all over it.

Why is The Mist so underrated? I really fucking loved that movie, it was really good, freaky, and most importantly unique. I never see anyone else mention it, am I the only one that saw it?

Mentioned earlier in this thread. You should really read it. It's pretty fucking great and has a different ending.

I loved that movie tho. The spider scene is amazing. I wish they would make more lovecraftian movies. You should check out storm of the century it's pretty damn good. Similar set up.

>followingthenerd.com/movies/watch-it-while-you-can-leaked-rough-trailer-for-the-dark-tower-is-here/
Thanks I appreciate it. I'm really disappointed. I like Idris but something's off compared to Roland. Why isn't he wearing the hat? I feel like that's what's missing.I also don't like the portal. I don't remember the books having visible portals. They just kinda walked through.

Also fuck the books goddamn you king. Still need to read wind through the keyhole.

I read it too, the only thing I disliked about the movie was the ending, it was so retarded.
>run out of gas
>INSTANTLY decide to all commit mass suicide
>o fug not enough bullets for me to die
>right after killing all his friends and son, the military blazes in and fixes everything
>cue shot of his dead wife
shit was so ludicrously bleak it was funny. The military rolling in and curing everything totally kills it, it's way better to imagine them just wandering about, surviving in this fucked up terrifying world.