Which of the ape flicks are worth watching?

Which of the ape flicks are worth watching?

Like Planet of the Apes or like Spike Lee movies?

Django Unchained

one with the apes in was pretty good

Planet > Dawn > Escape > Beneath > Remake > Conquest > Battle = Rise

1,3,4,Rise, and Dawn.

2 sucks without Heston and 5 is pure dogshit. I wouldn't waste my time on Burton's.

>hating based Seimos

12 Years a Slave.

Was Seimos the advisor in 5?

I recommend Boyz in the Hood or Amistad.

You might recognize his corporeal form after he returned from Heaven

>Rise lower than remake

Why?

The remake was a departure, for sure, but as a movie that used an ape planet as a concept it had a lot going for it.
Giamatti as an orangutan and most of the acting.

Rise, outside of Caesar, was populated by the dumbest shit.

Okay I'll say I like the religious aspects of Burton's and Michael Clarke Duncan as a big ass gorilla.

>Steve Harvey stand-up talking about that big bastard John Coffee

TAKE MY HAND BOSS!

The dinner scene gets to me everytime.
There's something about MCD as a gorilla being so strictly religious that is inherently funny.

>Let's say grace
>RAWR

I used to think the whole idea was stupid as fuck but the new movies are GOAT. I don't know if I'll ever bother with the older ones.

I think the chick playing Nova was pretty good but it helps she was pretty. I'll watch it for shits and giggles most of the time.

They're all watchable and my personal favorite is Conquest. The new ones are top tier as fuck and I'm just a fan of the franchise period.

Yeah, same here.
I mean, Heston is playing Zaius extolling the dangerous of guns. It's a hell of a time.

Rise just gets me annoyed on rewatches.

Dawn is fucking amazing.

>Dawn is fucking amazing.

Agreed.

Underrated.

I think that had the best distillation of the camp nature of the originals, but also a grounded sense that is so prevalent these days.

From the orangutans being the leaders of knowledge, to now being able to be more visceral.
It does what a good reboot/remake should do, take concepts and only add.

Heston was Zaius? Holy shit that went over my head until now.

Dawn is a fantastic film and I'm optimistic for the sequel. I like how Trinity Killer is hanging with Caesar and I'm a fan of Franco's because I'd watch him on General Hospital as Franco with my grandma.

Anything by Spike Lee

Spike Lee makes joints, not flicks.

Hahah, yeah and they had him say the "Damn them" line.

I'm optimistic for the sequel too, because there's always a sense of dread in the new series, since Caesar is a good guy.
But at the end of the day the chimps will become third class citizens, and humans enslaved.

Rise more annoys by the general plotline and the weird, forced, interjections of stuff from the originals.
The only thing that worked was the "No". But that was mythology and it was nice to see it portrayed.

I like Do The Right Thing and He Got Game but otherwise fuck him.

I liked Trinity aka Cuntman naming Caesar/Alzheimer's/implication it was for a good reason and I liked the gorilla bro, I hope to see more gorillas in War.

I guess the simplest thing to say was that about 90% of the human scenes brought the movie down.

When in Dawn, humans were pretty good. And mostly raised the calibre of the movie.
And we better see more gorillas in War.
And more Koba. He's 1000% better than Aldo ever was.

The original and the 2011 reboot. That's it.

>Koba

I'm sorry user but otherwise I agree, it was better to have all apes not divided because of what species they were and having Koba be the villain was perfect take on Aldo and crew.

I guess that is where we diverge haha.

Because where I want to see the series go is the rise and fall of Caesar.
Where Caesar's fall is what leads to the divisions in ape society because his values have been cast aside.

Dawn and Rise are some of the best summer blockbusters in recent years familia

Haven't watched the originals

This is on cinemax right now

Koba died is what I meant and he was a step for Caesar to become the great and terrible we all know.

What's with the aspect ratio of Dawn? I thought I downloaded a shitty rip, but apparently it was shot in 1.85 for some reason.

I miss having Cinemax and HBO.

I think there's room for him having survived, giving that it wasn't a straight fall, it was buttressed several times, and the track on the Score hints that he's breathing.

Of course, they don't have to do that, but in War I can imagine him coming back because even if the Apes win (which they will) a war would have weakened them enough.

It's possible I guess because I didn't look that close.

You think Serkis only did Caesar seeing how he did Kong in Peter Jackson's?

Serkis really blew up in the motion capture field, so I don't doubt he was on a very short list, and you go where they want you.