What's his fucking problem?

what's his fucking problem?

hes not wrong

>trailer comes out
>everyone on plebbit and Cred Forums says the new power rangers looks like chronicle
>Max Landis says it looks like chronicle
>OMG MAX LANDIS SUCH PRETENTIOUS ASSHOLE WHAT A VAGINA

Nepotism, helicopter blades, head and shoulders, chinks etc

Will he sue?

it does look like chronicle. it also looks boring

am I supposed to know what Chronicle is?

asian kino again?

>le self-aware fun, silly, goofy teen action
Can this fucking trend die already? Unless you're making a Naked Gun/Loaded Weapon/Scary Movie style goof parody it's never a good thing when the movie winks to the audience "lol we know this is crazy but it's fun!!111". What's so bad about movies with a crazy story but played completely straight and serious? Escape from New York, Dark Knight and Doomsday were as crazy as a movie could be but they worked well.

Still haven't seen chronicle yet but I'll end up watching that rangers movie though

what trailer

he's going to stop getting work with stupid tweets like those

I agree. I'm writing babby's first screenplay right now, and it's a teen adventure flick played straight and serious rather than the gimmick you're talking about.

Send it to Marvel, they'll love it. Maybe even credit you.

I'm sure studios care more about track record, which for Landis is even worse.

Max is a cunt but he's not wrong

I know it's fun to shit on Max but that teaser really did look a LOT like Chronicle.

Reminder power rangers is owned by a filthy kike. I kike so filthy he tried to jew another huge jew.

>At the appointed time, Saban, Arad, and Simmons sat down. The meeting was going well, and the three began to haggle over numbers. Then Saban turned to Arad and, referring to Simmons, confided in Hebrew, “Now we gut him like a fish.” Without missing a beat, Simmons—who, unbeknownst to Saban, was born Chaim Witz in Haifa, Israel—replied in Hebrew, “You asshole. I’m one of you.”

Discussing the KISS and Power Rangers crossover show/toyline.

It's Power Rangers, dude. It's not meant to be gritty or realistic

Watch chronicle, it's good

Max Landis is a fucking faggot and all his movies suck

it's pretty good, only downside is that it's found footage when it really doesn't need to

It's paying homage, Max.

>found footage
>downside
No, that's a deal breaker.

you shouldn't be proud of ignorance

That was exactly what I first thought of the Power Rangers trailer though.

Well he's right for once

Faggot desperate for any attention he can receive.

You want a story of five mary sues retold with Current Year tech?

As an MMPR fan til I die, fuck that noise.

I wonder if grimdark power rangers would be any good.

we Power Rangers Cinematic Universe nao

So this is journalism now?
You make a paper about someone's tweet?

>By Matt Goldberg

Sadly yes.
Journalism is nothing but a bunch of opinionated totally partisan bullshit, the exact opposite of what it should be.

This doesn't look remotely grimdark except in color.

In defense of Journalism, this is about half-way between it an blogging.

I think his problem is that he's right, in this case, anyways. I don't know what that trailer is for, but it's not Power Rangers.

I'm not one of those Power Rangers is sacred people, but I know what it is. It's stupid, brain dead but flashy and colorful fun with the occasional, if rare as all hell, hint of someone having a cool idea.

I know, I was just thinking that it might be an interesting style for a power rangers flick.

Do you really think 90's camp will sell anymore?

where's the trailer?

We have that one short, that'll be fine for me. It was perfect, in that had the idea played out further, it'd be stupid fanfiction.

Chronicle looks a lot like akira

80s made a come back and sold through the 2000s and into the 2010s.

90s has been on its way back for a couple years now, it's just waiting for that break out. Hell, there's even a Nu Metal resurgence of all things. Times be a changing yo. I'm expecting 90s nostalgia to be in full swing come the 2020s.

Seconds on google.

AND CUT! PERFECT RAPE IT UP CRIMINA.. I MEAN CREW

It's fucking Lionsgate, who cares if you get blacklisted by a flopping studio

WB still hires him despite him shitting on BvS

90's nostalgia =/= 90's Camp

You couldn't sell the five straight A model students with "attitude" clearing out the park and having perfect lives even to children. Even Power Rangers grew out of them by the time Zeo rolled up.

looks like a blog to me

also, ((landis))

i see nothing

He so desperately wants to be a great writer but he's constantly stymied by his lack of skill or talent.

You googled "2017, Power Rangers Trailer" and found nothing.
You're special.

RPM was pretty dark and it was good, but it was also funny, so maybe it's not "grimdark"

that's what everyone keeps telling me

I wish he would just commit suicide so that we could be spared of his faggotry.

It toyed with dark themes, but it wasn't dark in tone by a long shot.

It does still impress me they turned Goonger into babby's first post apocalypse.

I think you're doing the usual thing of taking something someone said, and throwing it to some unintended extreme. Look at the trailer, it's obvious where this thing is drawing influence from, and that they're going to play up the 'real life' bullshit and teen angst no one gives a shit about.

Being colorful and vibrant, if lovably stupid about it, isn't the same thing as throwing five straight A students at the audience. Even the later Power Rangers shows dropped aspects like that, without dropping the colorful and vibrant nature of the program. It's a program for kids meant to be fun.

Who is this trailer trying to the market the movie to?

Not kids. Not the nostalgia audience. Who is this thing meant for? Ask yourself that.

It's going to flop like Jem, and for the same reasons Jem flopped. It's made for no one, and it's obvious. Ideally you either want the kids or the nostalgia audience or both, but this seems to be marketed to an audience that doesn't exist.

No one wants a dull, drained of color, teen angst thing with occasional shaky cam actions scenes in badly designed super suits.

You need color and vibrancy and stupid funny bullshit for the kids, and you need stupid fucking nostalgia for the nostalgia audience, and then you need just enough 'everyone else; stuff in there that other people can latch on without being familiar. Most of all you need fun and colorful and flashy actions scenes, but it's already clear they're going the, "I can't see shit" approach.

None of what this thing needs to be a success is present.

His version probably wouldn't be any better, but the current reboot looks like ass. From concept to the suit designs.

You took a very long time to articulate "not muh rangers".

Honestly, the nostalgia bucks are won just by this existing.

Otherwise, it's aiming at teens, tweens and the superhero audience.

And desu fampire, it sounds like YOU don't want it. That's ok.

Pretty sure this Twilight but Supers bit has legs myself.

>not muh _____
I'm sorry, but that's not what I was getting at. I'd tell you to read it again, but I'm not sure that would do any good. If the nostalgia bucks were earned by just existing, I wouldn't have examples like Jem to use in the first place.

I'm not saying sell it to nostalgia idiots. I'm saying you have to actually have an audience for your film, but this is a film made for no one. If your market is kids, make something you can market to kids. If you market is nostalgia idiots, do the that, or, combine your markets in a way that doesn't alienate.

But this isn't for kids.

This isn't for nostalgia nerds.

This is the Jem issue where someone thought they could make money off a name alone, but with none of the things people liked attached to said name. Yes, you can make money off a name alone, but only if what you're attaching to the name looks flashy. Even the transformers movies LOOKED neat in the advertising until you actually got into the theater and saw it for being the trainwreck it was.

>It's clear they're going for the can't see shit approach.
He claims from a teaser trailer.
A teaser with no Zords, Alpha, Goldar or Zordon, which are all confirmed elements.

I think you're seeing what you want.

I literally just explained who it was for.

But sure, carry on arguing with yourself. I won't presume to think I'm a part of this blog.

Linkara...?

>his last movie was dropped so hard he had to advertise it HIMSELF on his youtube channel

you can't make this shit up

I don't think he means it has to be realistic, just played straight. Take one of his examples, Escape From New York. That one wasn't realistic at all, it was just play straight, without winking at the camera all the time.
The problem is that I don't know if nowadays it's really possible to do a movie like that and resonate with general audiences and critics.
I mean, Dredd tried it and failed, BvS also tried and failed (although in this case, the movie was actually bad). On the other hand, Suicide Squad was a much bigger hit (taking in account budget, expectations, etc), and it was even worse than BvS.