Rogue One general

Why do so many people say it's bad? It already looks better than TFA.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothan/
youtube.com/watch?v=IxhSD_n3J6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>A Rebellion Built On Hope
>Hope
>A New Hope

Even the poster couldn't resist referencing the original movie.

Looks like a 12th grade photoshop assignment

Every time i see that poster I have to remind myself it's real. So bad

VADER SHILLING

>it is Star Wars
>it is lopular
Therefore, Cred Forums pretends to hate it.

>this is a rebellion
>I rebel
Such incredible dialogue

They couldn't even get the light source right. Why are the shadows of the rebels, the shadow on the sand, and the shadow on the Death Star all facing different directions?

I REBEL

R
E
B
E
L

>I rebel.
>Surely that more than makes you qualified to lead this incredibly dangerous mission.

>Why do so many people say it's bad?
Because they decide to shoot more scenes and rebuild movie into something with more fun and adventure. In 99% of cases this mean that movie will suck.

>tfw in A New Hope, we actually saw how big the Death Star was, and that trench over there, running at its middle, is roughly the same width as the distance from the camera to the trees in the middle of the picture
>tfw they're fighting on such a tiny planet, they're liable to run into the Little Prince

I think it looks better than The Force Awakens at least

Stronk independent womyn who don't need no man lead.

they should make movies of the thrawn trilogy

>Why do so many people say it's bad?
Gee, I wonder.

>they're fighting on such a tiny planet, they're liable to run into the Little Prince

>another Star Wars movie focusing on a death star
Is it really so hard to come up with a more original death machine?

Who is funding the rebels ?

they never address this in Star Wars franchise. Also I cringe whenever they display military tactics.

Remember when movie posters were great?

>the thrawn trilogy
That was a legend, lol!

Tell me about it.

>female lead
>prequel we already know these characters aren't relevant in the other movies
>non-white cast
>all humwn cast
>rogue movie NOT about wedge

I'd rather have a film about the plans for the second Death Star. I want to know what a Bothan is.

in real life she would probably be capture by the enemy and either get rape or sold.

They're like humanoid camels iirc

That movie poster reminds me of the airport scene in Civil War

>I want to know what a Bothan is.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothan/

what' wrong with attack pattern delta user? You do not grasp its brilliance?

>Page asks to redirect to Legends
>Go to legends
>There is a picture of a bothan chick with the face of a dog in her panties
Never change, EU.
Never change.

>there will be a single battle using x-wings
it will be shit

It was supposed to be a war movie. Then the jews at disney said that wouldn't sell too well among children so they added quips and dumbed it down to appease the marvel audience.

I never looked at the bottom half

It looks awful, holy shit

The fact that Finn kills storm troopers without even a second though and the fact that he actually *cheers* as Po goes on a kill streak on so many of his former mates just takes me out of the movie. At the beginning when they assault the little village he's seen tryin to comfort a dying comrade and that serves as the turning point for him.... but later on he starts killing troopers mercilessly.

Its just bad writing I guess. Its a shame because Kylo Ren was actually a pretty decent villain filled with self doubt when I was expecting him to be a vader clone.

Finn's character was so rushed. It really should have took the whole film to develop him and show him defect and them him be one of the 'good guys' in the following episodes.

It was just like one minute he's a storm trooper then the next he's like "ah fuck it".

The poster has the same exact palm trees on both sides, mirrored.

Holy sheet

>Kylo Ren was actually a pretty decent villain filled with self doubt when I was expecting him to be a vader clone.
Kylo Ren is seriously one of the best things of TFA.

Adam Driver did a magnificent job with what the script gave him.

Indeed. When I learned that one of the main characters was actually a storm trooper that switches sides I was excited because that seemed like such an interesting and unique characters. They could've developed him by showing his remorse to fight his former comrades who he grew up with. They could've shown him giving some intel to the alliance but refusing to actually engage in combat himself. When the alliance begins to talk about blowing up a planet where there's probably hundreds of thousands of his former mates, he shouldnt have been so cheery about it, hell, if the writers were competent they would've found a way for him not to be in the scene at all so that they wouldn't have to explain why finn is ok with the murder of storm troopers.. but then again, that would only apply if they were trying to make finn a good character but they're not.

They know they have to please the average marvel movie goer. Again, the only good character was Kylo Ren. The rest feel bland. Rey is ok I guess, but we have seen her character before.

Yes he is. I loved that they made it so that he knows there's still light in him and that is causing a huge inner conflict. I loved han's death scene where during a couple of seconds he looks like he might even accept han's offer to help him but then the darkness in him takes hold. The part where he says he knows what he must do but he doesn't know if he has the strength to do it was just great. He knows that killing the last tie to the light he has, meaning Han, would ensure his full devotion to the dark side, but he doesn't know if he has the inner strength to do it.

He might as well just saved the entire movie by himself.

>I loved han's death scene where during a couple of seconds he looks like he might even accept han's offer to help him but then the darkness in him takes hold.
Yeah that scene was very well written and acted

I thought it was overly long, somewhat cold because we weren't really familiar with what their relationship was, and his death was seen from a mile away.

It's called The Force dummy.

>0 (ZERO) aliens

>nd his death was seen from a mile away.
not me. I had no idea Han was going to die.

My heart hurt when the lightsaber went through him.

I was the lucky one to see Force Awakens, not knowing his death was going to happen.

>I was the lucky one to see Force Awakens, not knowing his death was going to happen.
So did I. It just made sense. They were just aping Episode IV and being the older actor, he was filling the role that Ben had, meaning his death would be like poetry. Ren clearly hated the connections to his family, (at least the part that wasn't connected to Vader), so there's a motive there. Also, he was either going to give up being a villain or kill his father, and there was no chance of the former.

The fact these guys aren't relevant to the other movies could be good though since there could be real danger for them and could have some shock deaths.

Maybe in Star Wars Rogue One: 2.

They need to see where their side franchises can go

Yeah I already assumed there's gonna be multiple movies let's face it it is disney

so I wouldn't expect any deaths of any one consequential until at least SWR1:2 or maybe SWR1:3

You will probably get a hammed up "emotional" death of a droid or some tertiary character

>Why do so many people say it's bad.

le epin meems.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if Rey doesn't turn evil and Kylo Ren doesn't turn good. It would be a great chance for Disney to take the same basic ideas from the originals but add a little more depth to it and show the consequences (like in Ep. 6 Vader is "redeemed" but promptly dies so we never see where it goes).

Meanwhile the Russians did this.

>looks better

VII also looks better than all its prequels and its still not very good.

Not really an improvement. Is Disney cheapening out on this film?

Is this really the poster??

It looks like shit.

>Y-YOU JUST HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S P-POPULAR

Are reverse-hipsters just as bad as hipsters, or worse?

youtube.com/watch?v=IxhSD_n3J6c

Best 2016 Star Wars trailer incoming.

The trailer for Rogue One looked nice to me, but TFA was horribly written and boring, unfortunately.

Is there any precedent of such a series starting from shit and improving? I can't think of one.

Worse.

If Marvel started with Hulk, Thor, and Captain America... maybe.

But Iron Man basically cleared the way to the Avengers.

At least they're trying to make it looks like a poster for a war movie.

Also I can't help but think it's a homage to both the Full Metal Jacket and The Longest Day posters.

Too bad the game is a steaming pile of dog shit and is dead as fuck.

Sun crusher when?

Those trailers, tho.

Each one individually has been better than the combination of 1-3 and 7.

This vidya trailer has a better story, more depth, and more entertainment value than TFA, with hardly any dialog and no exposition. Seems like vidya is really going to be the future of big budget cinema. Makes sense since that's where the money is.

The two females were infinitely better and more developed than Rey and Phasma were.

I had hoped Gwendoline was going to assume a role similar the blue lightsaber - you know useful and part of the actual plot.

fucking hate this design

Meanwhile in Korea

Looks like a low budget movie from the 80s.

I guess Disney has the international message of, "This is a pointless spin-off and budgeted like one."