Westworld

So what would you do if you had a week pass at Westworld?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/westworld-logistical-questions-answered/
youtube.com/watch?v=EjyOfTEeNHA
bustle.com/articles/187712-the-critical-failure-on-westworld-could-be-connected-to-the-1973-movie-the-man-in-black
delosincorporated.com/video/intra/ww_mesamap_comp_v09_he_1920.mp4
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck a robot

How do days and narratives work? For instance, I kill someone; will that someone be alive the next day?

Yes

Rape kill eat fuck drink kill

write a formal letter to management about the historical inaccuracies which ruined my immersion and forced me to demand a refund.

No, no the next day.

I would try to find that cutie bandit on the saloon heist.
Then I would rape her.

I'd spend time fucking robots of course. Find a girlbot with a giant butt and make her sit on my face for hours.

probably spend a day and nice night with Doloras there and then next day go on some adventure, after that just spend a couple days traveling around the whole area meeting NPC's chillin and shit taking in the whole world living the life. End it all with murder and rape covered in blood.

Go home to the wife and kids, living the dream

go fight in the civil war

At the next reset. It not been confirmed that it a daily reset, might be a week or two.

You would have to beat me to get armistice. Have the same plan.

This.

Particularly Big Nose Nancy or whatever her name is.

Isn't the next reset when new visitors arrive? I think visitors can stay there only a fixed amount of time, not whatever they want to.

A ten pace duel would be the gentlemen's way to deal with it.

What do guns in Westworld shoot?

We REALLY need some kind of infograph for this show

slashfilm.com/westworld-logistical-questions-answered/

>In Westworld, the park guests can kill the hosts with their guns, but the gunfire from the hosts seem to have very little impact on the guests. This makes sense as you wouldn’t want to have your theme park attractions killing the visitors like in Michael Crichton’s other creation Jurassic Park. But how do the guns work in the reality of the world within the series?

>Jonathan Nolan has explained that “It’s not the guns, it’s the bullets.”

>We thought a lot about this. In the original film, the guns won’t operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.

>So this explains why we do see a BB-gun type impact on the guests. But the real question is, what’s to stop one of the hosts from taking one of the guest’s guns and using the real ammo?

Also MIB possibly is using live ammo, as evidenced by him shooting through a goddamn brick wall

Some sort of signal. Nothing solid.

>as evidenced by him shooting through a goddamn brick wall
He was using a LeMat, it has a second barrel that can fire a bigger caliber.

I don't know but they putting in so much emphasis on guns that can't harm guests when all you have to do is swing a rock or use a knife or hang a bitch.

Like, yeah good luck not getting yourself impaled by arrows.

>what’s to stop one of the hosts from taking one of the guest’s guns and using the real ammo?
The guests don't have real ammo either, or they could end up shooting another guest and killing them.

She's so ugly. I puked a little when McPoyle said she's perfect.

The ammo is live, until it detects its going to hit a living thing.

When he shot through the brick wall, that was the shotgun munition that his Lemat revolver is capable of firing.

>Also MIB possibly is using live ammo

Duh, didn't you read what you posted?

>...the guest’s guns and using the real ammo...

>She's so ugly.
Different strokes for different folks

I was clarifying that specifically the MIB so far is most likely to be using live ammo unlike the other guests.

Can I not try to cover myself without getting swarmed

It is implied that all the guests are using real ammo. Learn to read.

Yeah but that is clearly wrong, what if a guest shoots another guest with the real ammo?

Not him, but they aren't. Everyone is using the same type of ammo (which a possible exception on MIB)

Pretend not to be lonely.

When I say live ammo, I don't mean the simunitions, I mean actual for real bullets.

The simuntions will hit guests and sting like a pellet but when they hit hosts their bodies react as if they were shot with a real bullet, they are walking special effects.

I liked his ideas. Wtf, Ford is asshole.

t.Todd Howard

>see that injun?
>you can eat him

To me the main question is how do you prevent a guest from attacking another with anything BUT a gun? Like a knife or even bare handed. Seems to be rather difficult to control that.

The only issue I have is Dolores finding the gun. Obviously it's a guest's gun from a past game, but if it really is the ammo, then she only has a handful of shots with that gun. I think it's the guns that are special.

And?

Kill ALOT of Indians. Fuck those red faggots.

It's implied that Westworld is pretty expensive. There is no reason to kill another guest when there is a ton of other shit to do.

Maybe it's both. The bullet may be have to be activated by the gun to be effective.

The same way you prevent people from doing that outside of the park. Idiot.

it's why they have psych evals before your ass can enter the park. also most people find it easier to pull a trigger than to physical assault someone, Mcpoyle's buddy attacked the ol' prospector because he 100% knew he was an NPC

I think it has something to do with the maze.
The little girl said MIB has to follow the red arroyo where the snake lays egg, and the narrative is called Odyssey at the red river.
Now, an arroyo is a small creek, I know it is not really a river, but I would say it is safe to assume they are at least a little connected, maybe the arroyo ends up at the river, or comes from it at some point.
Anyway, I think Ford just doesn't want it near the maze.

The issue is that they don't know who the other guests are. Even if it's unlikely, the possibility of two guests injuring each other isn't null.

Yep, not been clearly stated (from what I recall) the distance between resets.

Aye. Of course, if I had that host to help me I might take a day to get to westworld.

Depends, is it the only week I ever get?

Wouldn't turn her down, but my tastes are not to that.

so ed harris bought a LeBlanc revolver with his first Westworld paycheck?

It was horse armor tier Tbh

Kill all the nigger NPCs

Depends, I think it varies around the park. On what quests and storylines that are in play and so on.

Maybe the bots work on some sort of advanced Zapper technology? The bullets don't really do anything, but their body pops as if it does.

Eat a bowl of spoogatini refried beanie.

Not really because we saw bottles get shot alongside other scenary.

What's his endgame?

He just wants to watch the (west)world burn.

Orange epics

So is Westworld an actual place, and the employees that work on it are at some kind of command center in a mountain right? But the Man in Black could technically walk to that command center if he knew where it was?

He's just want to 100% the game.

Do they make lolibots?

I'm terrible at RPG vidya since I can't help being benevolent all the time, so it becomes boring. I'd probably do the same thing there, disarming hosts instead of killing them, promoting nonviolent solutions, showing mercy for bandits, etc.

Then some lvl. 1 scrub shoots them in the back.

FUCK ALL THE ROBOTS

Probably since there was the boy bot in episode 2.

Truly a true Cred Forums user.

there's a girl with braids that has a scene in episode 2.

yes and yes

He wants the highest score.

Probably this. Dunno if they have scheduled resets at fixed intervals where they ask guests to step out of the park and let new ones enter it.

Yes, the park is in a physical location. It's a bit confusing at first because you see the staff working on a small hologram thingy but it's just a live feed of what's happening in the real park.
>But the Man in Black could technically walk to that command center if he knew where it was?
Yeah but given how huge the park is he could spend a lifetime looking for an entrance and never find it. Although maybe that's actually where the maze leads?

Who /cyberpunkworld here?

I think they're programed to not be able to actually harm the guests.

When Scott Summers had MIB gun point blank at his head, he looked like he just couldn't pull the trigger.

Who here /williamisthemaninblack/?

Is the original movie worth watching?

Well then I know what I'd be doing.

yes

> William kills his co-worker and takes his black hat

yes

I wouldn't go. If i can't be hurt then whats the fucking point, would be like playing paintball but the opposing team shoots balls of cotton wool. They keep talking about 'finding yourself' or 'becoming who you really are' but i believe that can only be obtained through pain, both giving and receiving.

We're in agreement that MIB is best character, but who is the worst?

why would you rape little girl?

It would barely get any customers at all if you could get hurt in it. It's not a videogame, it's for real.
The only guy who's legit disappointed that he can't get shot for real is the Man In Black but he's pretty crazy.

Someone in the science department. Probably the chief woman or science negro

I don't like this meme anymore.

>but who is the worst?

Todd Howard/Captain Edgelord McDLC, an NPC's nose made him sperg out

crackwhore

>science negro
Fug off Felix Leiter is gud.

What kind of world do you want, senpai?

>what is a good RP experience.

its rarely the scripted shitt that you remember!

Most annoying is Todd Howard.

worst is the madam

I can't believe there wouldn't be enthusiast circles about this place on the internet, and these millionaires wouldn't tip each other off about Delores from their last visit. I imagine if this was real, Delores would be doing her usual routine adjusting the saddle on her horse and she turns and sees a long row of guests waiting in line for her.

SO IS IT A VR WORLD OR A REAL WORLD PARK WITH ROBOTS WHAT THE FUCK THIS SHOW MAKES 0 SENSE

>Cred Forums user jerks off in public on the train there

or themselves that is

b 2 beta to puck up the can

Telling people about your honeyhole...

Westworld is for the elite of the elite, it costs like what 10k per day? Also they probably have to sign NDAs about what they can and can't talk about in the outside world, oh you leaked shit to the Daily star? LIFETIME FUCKING BAN

Is the story guy this buttanihilated because nobody follows his shitty storylines?

> he will never go on the treasure hunt

Real world with robots, you mongoloid. There are dozens of scenes where they are operating on / interviewing the robots, as well as storing the defunct ones in that warehouse.

all achievements

everything on max

that kind of faggots who grinds 14hours a day in a mmo, because he has nothing else to do in his life

The best characters are Delores's two dads.

To be fair, if I had a free pass for life (or the millions to blow) Westworld or Romeworld would be the best thing to blow it on.

>do treasure hunt
>get to the end after a lot of hardship
>we did it young feller, we're rich!
>Correction old-timer. -I'M- rich.
>BLAM

The maze is the treasure hunt, senpai. Most guests just quit it because they think it goes nowhere.

remove yourself

Spend week in the mountain camping out, raiding farmhouses all week. Every night a farmhouse is shot up and womanfolk used.

He's talking about eyepatch dude, I'm assuming they are completely separate, jackass degenerate just didn't want his friend to get roped into a boring questline when there's robohookers to bang

westworld game please

it'll be telltale garbage instead of rdr + system shock

I love the theory that the beta guy who keeps getting killed is the final boss/gunslinger

24/7 whiskey and whore orgies

>that faggot kid who spoils all the game for you and keeps telling that you play it wrong

Molest the other guests

Westworld is making me want to sit down and replay RDR all over again.

>enjoy a quiet and comfy mexican village
>some wannabe gunslinger comes and kills all npcs

yeah he prob, made a fuckton of money when he was younger, than bored and lonely found his favorite mmo to hang out

desu I would play the shit out of gw1 semi-real expirence like this

One of the things that gives credence to the Will=MiB theory is that it's almost certainly not happening at the same time. By that I mean even IF William is not in fact the MiB his scenes still happen at a different time than the rest of the show.
>Sheriff/Civil War recruiters : we know from the corporate scenes that repurposing hosts and implementing different storylines is a pretty lengthy process that has to be scheduled and doesn't just happen overnight
>Teddy who is shown to be a gentlemanly heroic type in the first episode has a scene where he goes to use the services of a hooker. Definitely way out of character so that means it happens at a different time when his program was different
>The different Westworld logo
With that out of the way, the importance put into showing Will specifically choosing a white hat seems a bit too much to be a coincidence. The way all of this pans out seems like your very typical character-arc, with Will being nice and polite even to robots at first (with his white hat) and then becoming the MiB who sorta acknowledges the hosts but not showing any respect towards them and even torturing them for his amusement. And now wearing a black hat obviously.
Although now that I think about it it all seems so obvious that it might just be a misdirection. Making us think that Will is the MiB only to reveal that it was something else entirely, and then we'll all go "Aaaaaaah of course!".

What if you attack a guest? Like smack them with a gun

So the npcs are robots with transplanted human brains that have repressed memories? Is that the dank mystery?

Probably fall in love with Delbot, slowly realize that it will never amount to anything - not because she's just a synth but because her memories get wiped after every narrative cycle - go home and shoot myself in the head.

>So the npcs are robots with transplanted human brains

STOP.

why didnt they shave off that chin before putting her in westworld?

major plothole

Isn't the "fuck up" moment going to boring? It works in Jurassic Park because it's big fucking dinosaurs, and in the movie you swapped over worlds, but this will be just a bunch of naked people with guns

tbqhmn I'm glad they made him bisexual, so as to not throw the libtard media another easy "gotcha" about "this guy is clearly the archetype for angry straight white GG necknerds who live in their parent's septic tank"

No. They talk way too much and too specifically about the programming that goes into the robots for it to just be bullshit.
The thing behind it is how the reveries basically allow the hosts to access memories from their past "lives" and through these memories they progressively reach some form of sentience. At least that's what we know from ep 1 and 2 but there will probably be more to it than that.

SCALP THOSE THAT INSULT EVAN

How fucking dare you?

It seemed like few people had been to that part of the game before was weird

fuck that faggot

no bro don't do this awesome looking treasure hunt, lets go a brothel instead, a thing you can do in fucking real life too and much cheaper, but yeah just wait for me in the next room

He IS the endgame.

>tfw 30 years ago he was some fat kid loser fueled by cheetos

Clearly Ed Harris is the final form of WoW players everywhere.

>30 fucking years
>MIB didn't find one village

bullshit

if you only ever had sex with a sexbot, are you still a virgin?

Follow him around and grief his experience by instantly killing any npcs he interacts with

Nothing to straight out ensure it won't happen. But if a Host sees it, or gets alerted to it, then they'll likely run in and create a protective barrier, taking whoever was injured away from the offender. Depending on the severity, the offending Guest might get warned, fined, kicked out, etc..

>Day 1
Fuck the hookers literally all day
>Day 2
Seduce and fuck the rancher's daughter
>Day 3
Go around town seducing and fucking any woman I can
>Day 4
Join the bandits, fuck bandit QT
>Day 5
Heist with the bandits
>Day 6
Explore the place, try to find hidden QTs
>Day 7
Try for the harem ending

>fuck bandit QT

T H I S

holy waifu

>have rounds of whiskey with the bartender while listening to his stories
>some idiots gets bored playing poker and starts a bar fight, two nights in a row

wouldnt having sex in westworld be pretty awkward? I mean you have a controlroom of people watching your every microexpression to try and tailor the experience to your liking, I'd rather just visit a robo-brothel in my own time that has some privacy

Isn't there a cameras everywhere? There should be some sort of rescue team for such situations?
Btw, how strong are hosts? Can they theoretically restrain guests if needed?

They are people you will never meet and people that have seen anything and everything. Its like showing your dick to the doctor.

those bandits in the first episode were strong enough to push around a big iron safe that would be a big ask for real guys, probably similar strength

For you maybe, I'm an exhibitionist so knowing I'm being watched only turns me on more

it's part of the immersion

>Not also killing the nigger guests.

are they in what is basically a theme park full of robots, or matrix tier VR? looks interesting and was thinking of watching it

>want to fuck feisty black hoe waifu

> someone killed her this week

JUST

doctor doesnt want to see me fucking though

>that visitor can do what he wants
So has Ed Harris paid like shit ton of money or is was/is he part of the team that made the place?

>are they in what is basically a theme park full of robots, or matrix tier VR?

the former

A Tangerine.

What if you go around attacking people in a real amusement park? Same shit here.
The guns can't shoot real people and if you use other means (knives, blunt objects etc) you'll be charged just like you would in real life.

they wouldn't call him a visitor if he was some CEO guy

>implying some low-level guy know his true identity and not just following orders from above

They'll send in a rescue team if absolutely necessary or if there's not many guests around (like with the Host who shot up all the other Hosts and was drinking milk). But the Hosts are specifically programmed to make up some narrative reason to come in and rescue Guests whenever they need to.

And I think one of the trailers showed a Host throwing some guy through one of the glass window/walls. So they should all be pretty strong when they need to be.

>tfw robot fetish but all the robots are designed to be as indistinguishable from humans as possible

go to Futureworld to fuck some delicious hard fembots

Is it possible that MiB is a robot aswell?

Maybe a few more episodes of explicitly setting up how the hosts cannot kill/harm the guests will make it more of a "holy shit" moment.

But I agree that, when it happens, that scene/scenes will have to be fucking epic to really make it work.

the real problem would be guests accidentally stabbing other guests they thought were hosts

no reason he couldn't be, but he'd have to not be in their database/running a different ruleset, since the other robots cant hurt him

or they will kill them in horrific ways instead of LOEL I SHOOT YOU

maybe a train crash

going to be badass when they start walking around with half their face missing or limbs falling off since it's just programming that makes them act as if they've been hurt for real

youtube.com/watch?v=EjyOfTEeNHA

One of the e-mails on the Delos site actually mentions that the cooling system for the storage area is broken and that it's starting to smell. It's exceptionally likely that when those Hosts go evil, that large amounts of flesh will have rotted off to expose the mechanical bits.

I want to help out that old drunk with the treasure hunt.

I have to imagine it's a safe, "low level" quest, maybe for some kind-hearted kid who's lucky/rich enough to go to Westworld with his parents.

The old drunk is the host you can leave your kid with while you go do adult things - meanwhile, your kid is having a blast doing some Goonies shit in a mine shaft with this doddering stereotype with a heart of gold.

I just want to be a kid and go treasure hunting.

Yea some of the lines he's been saying like "I've been coming here for 30 years" as well as his knowledge of stuff such as the maze really make me think he's an ex-host or differently programmed etc.

So I think the MIB is ether the son of the original creator of the park or the actual creator and has some sick and twisted reality when he's not in the public eye or in the "real world" to see his creation destroyed; or another android he made to end the park forever.

Also the black guy and the creator of the park look to be going full "I don't give a fuck" ideal and just putting in tons of secret wording to get shit started because they don't like faggots like that one british guy with his shitty DLC

We see that black guy whispering shit into some of the defunct bots when they go underground.

Also the MIB and hell even the black guy could be working for another company to ruin everything so they can start up their own park.

You can tell Ed Harris absolutely loves his role.

So Cred Forums
>script plot but well crafted
vs
>fully free NPC bot that can create their own story
which one is better?

>I think it's the guns that are special.
this tbqhwyf

If it was the bullets they wouldn't have put so much emphasis on it.

black programmer is a android

that's part of the mystery of the show

You really think he is? That'd be amazing honestly.

Seriously though, is there a way to tell at all? Is it in the eyes? Like in Bladerunner?

It's LOST all over again. I advise you to stop assuming there is some grand plan at work by the writers here.

Take drugs with an Indian shaman.
Killing people wouldn't be that fun if they can't hit back so if I was to kill anyone it would have to be planned out so I could at least pretend it was my plan and not the fact that they can't hurt me that won me the fight

this should be a problem
so far they have some trigger code line that could shut them down but if the program is corrupt then...

First I would fuck some robuts then,then...

>then I would start the first robut KKK, and kill every nigger robot and nigger guest in town before anyone could stop me.

fuck yeah

He's fucking weird. I think he still has untreated PTSD from The Abyss.

I'd be a hero and help Teddy get with Dolores. I'd kill bad guys and when thing are set right, I'll ride off into the sunset.

If the whole Will = MiB is true , then my calculations we are currently watching 3 different timelines as of right now.

Timeline 1 = Showing how Will became MiB , as other anons pointed out , emphasis on the scene wherein he chooses a hat

Timeline 2 = MiB going around fucking shit up and finding the maze

Timeline 3 = "Current" timeline , the reason I think timeline 2 is differentiated from timeline 3 is that we saw MiB assault/scalp Maeve (Thandi Newton) in that indian storyline in her dream which indicates that's a memory right? Thereby that must of occured sometime in the past.

Is there any gaps to what I'm saying?

>its a dumb tripfag has an opinion episode

recreate lonesome dove

Jesus he looks like a ball sack.

It's hard to tell because he's been coming for 30 years so her memory could be of him years ago. But he would've aged .
Maybe he is the incident

There is very clearly a grand plan at work from the writers.

So you're saying we're seeing different realities and their possibilities or that we're seeing this was in this "Year" that was in that "Year" and this happened there

I guess your plan is to die young?

>timelines
It's fucking Reddit all over again.
ONE TIMELINE, MULTIPLE TIME PERIODS. IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND YOU CUNT.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING RIBBIT NORMIES

I think is just timeline 1 and 2, your timeline 3 is just a flashback in between the two timelines.

No.
See

I never noticed the different logos, anyone have screens?

In Maeve's indian memory storyline he was definitely of the same age I think

I'm saying we're seeing 3 different moments in the westworld timeline .

how Whitehat Will became MiB

What MiB did to find the maze etc.

Current events between Anthony Hopkins and Black Scientist

fuck the blond in the pic would be # 1 and # 2 fuck the prostitute that looks like lady gaga # 3 shoot the boyfriend of the blond chick in your pic op

Here my thory

Ford (Hopkins) wanted to have a successor, so he built the black dude as a programmer. Even people who are close to him say he off in his interactions.

In addition

I think Ford wants to build true AI, and is using the companies massive resources and income from the park to build new hosts till they are ready for AI. The retired room are those robots who were not good enough to get AI, or who went nuts. He knows in the end one will get true AI while staying below the radar...

>mfw people hate on the best actor in the show

inb4 Hopkins shills

My bad , poor choice of words. I meant multiple time periods

Ride around the park gathering all the hot men and on the last day have a huge orgy.

Pic related is when William arrives at Westworld.
Looks pretty 70's-ish.
Present-time logo in next post.

And this is how it shows in the "present" scenes when we see the staff and shit.

oh shit i noticed the logo was different from the opening but didn't connect the two. this is the best evidence that we're seeing a flashback yet

Show a scene where we see it in the show

when ed harris was shooting down that group of robots one charged and tried to physically attack him, so i dont know how that works

10 hours in paint

It wouldn't have hurt him even if it got close enough to do so.

The logos sorta confirm two different time periods shown.

Will is clearly a flashback, while the company stuff is in the "present". MiB also takes place here.

We saw the staff discussing MiB taking out too many bots. It can't be a different time period.

Is that the train from the second episode?

No that's when Ford uses the elevator to go have a walk in the park.

Yep, its two timeframes, not 3.

That doesnt make sense though, because that main robot bitch was tripping out already in both "time periods" not to mention the dad is missing.

So we can all agree that Dolores is gonna kill him right?
After all hes been raping her for 30 years. They wont let him walk away with shit like that.

Ed Harris though said that he was basically born in westworld. Will is ~30s years old.

what? we only see past time dolores in the last scene when whitehatman sees her. it's just clever editing making you think it's the same time period

Exactly. Which doesn't strictly confirms that William is MiB but that's a likely possibility.
If you suppose that Will's timeframe is 30 years before the "present" maybe he'll be there during the "critical failure" that WW staff mentions, or even be directly involved in it, which maybe is how he realizes that there's a deeper game afoot and motivates him to keep coming back for 30 years to find out what it's all about, progressively becoming MiB.

>10k per day?
Try 40k to 200k depending on what package you want.
10k isn't that much for something like Westworld to be honest.

He still stampeded into him and tried to tackle him. if a robot did that to a little kid he could get hurt

Watch episode 2 again.

She not tripping out when they are meeting up - the "Modern" time frame ends when she finds the real gun. the flashback is also supported by the fact it fight for the union (not catch wanted criminals) and other slight changes.

>because that main robot bitch was tripping out already in both

Have we seen her in the "past"? I don't think so.

finding your true self and accepting "who you really are" are big themes of Westworld though, so he'd probably mean that.

Hopkin's character would disagree though.

>timelines
you're officially without a doubt fucking retarded.

the Man in black was born in westworld, as in his persona, not him biologically.

What? I'd roleplay being a daddy, since I can never have children of my own, because of testicular cancer.

That certainly sounds plausible.

It does make sense though. Dolores is the very first host so obviously she'd also be there 30 years earlier, and we also know that this is when the first critical failure happened at WW (which in all likelihood was hosts going apeshit and murdering all the guests), which explains why present-Dolores is getting weird-ass visions of corpses littering the streets.
So all scenes with William will lead up to the first major fuck up at WW, and the present will lead up to a sort of repeat of it, or something similar.

I meant time periods. Chill your autism

Yes, but she wasn't tripping out in this scene.

desu every single fucking theory thread on Rebbit misuses the word "timeline", which grinds my gears.

You said she was showing glitches or "tripping".

Fuggg

My baaaaad

have a robot commissioned to look like my favorite actress, in her prime preferably.

i'm not that user, just showing they met because you asked

You fkn no it son.

There is one way to solver this once and for all. We need to compare the faces of the Hosts in storage to those in the wide shots we believe are the past timeline with Will. If they are going to really do the timeline bullshit which is cliche then I assume they would commit to making sure the extras are different. If I recall there were others mentioned as being older so maybe they're in the background or something. The logo could just be different due to the Old West aesthetic similar to a photo app filter or some shit. If you look the old logo picture appears to be like real film. Think of it in modern terms we would do the same for a tv ad for Westworld irl.

CONFIRMED

Weird that they don't have a thing where guest can send specs of his dream woman and they will make it. Who are the idiots running this business? I can triple their profits.

Yeah 40k is outrageous for the limited amount of shit you can do. At least in VR you can have superpowers and you are not going to tell me that they don't have super good VR if they have fucking sapient synthoids and shit.

Follow the convo, user. It was clearly about the "tripping up" part.

I am sure such services are provided. It would be the number one request.

Does anyone have a stream?

we are talking about his claim that the robo cunt was BSOD-ing in the past not that she had not appeared in the past

I am sure for the right price they can make it happen.

Okay this thread is the first time i've read about the Will = MiB theory and it seems to me there's no way its not legit and I feel an idiot for not putting it together when I saw the episode.

Would I be right in saying that the real conflict doesn't involve him though, and that it's really between Ford and the black guy?

Damn, the scenes with the two protagonists definitely had an old school feel to them but I didn't make the connection then. These theories about the different logos, the civil war recruiters and such sound fantastic.

try reddit/megalinks, TPB or anywhere.

all these types of posts are assuming Westworld is the only place where it would be possible to acquire services like that, when there probably is some sort of waifuworld or orgyworld or just sexbots part of everyday life

>kill every nigger robot and nigger guest in town before anyone could stop me.
>actually trying to start shit at a government connected theme park
shiggy diggy
It'd probably be as stupid as fucking with Disneyland. You know why no one has ever carried out a terror attack, outside observer seems like the easiest and sure to send a message attack. These parks are swarmed with in-character security officers. The woman with the mid-range pram in nap mode circling around Adventure twice an hour. That guy in Frontierland wearing a black polo just loitering and slurping from a 16 oz concession cup that never seems to run out. That asian in Toontown carrying around a Leica but never taking photos. The eyes of the park are watching and waiting. They don't answer to you or the law, just try and get reports from incidences from Disney see how far that gets. Anyone trying to start a spree/mass attack will be vanished before they can get the third shot off. The VVIP room at Club 33 will be emitting a strange, yet calming hum for the next 20 days, with well tailored men being escorted in and out of the room, all anyone witnesses when the door opens can only be described as projected darkness and the scent of meat.
The active antagonists family and extended two branches out might vanish. Far extended family will likely find themselves being forced to pay 190% the amount of taxes to their respective government for reasons no one will explain and gods help them if they attempt to file a complaint.
You don't fuck with the park, mate.

>a-user you w-want me to do a f-full body scan? for what?
>send you the scans? w-why?

Kill some men in black
Fuck m'lady

>Okay this thread is the first time i've read about the Will = MiB theory and it seems to me there's no way its not legit and I feel an idiot for not putting it together when I saw the episode.
To be fair, as I mentioned earlier, it all fits too well and seems a bit too obvious. If the show is anywhere near as deep as it seems so far you can be sure that Will=MiB is something the writers are intentionally throwing at us only to reveal an even bigger twist.

>me on the right

Wonder if they ever tapped into this market

>Build isolated cabin
>Someone specs out their waifu
>Spend time living in the cabin with your Waifu
>When you get bored with her, she added to the collection.

>"Did you do something wrong"

OH SHITTTTTTTTTT

I didn't catch it right away either. The recruiters kinda nailed it for me.

I also believe it's not the complete truth by far, there are bound to be plenty of twists.

Hopefully that is the case. I guess its possible that its going to be a penultimate/ final episode twist as a prep for the next season, but i'm sure most people will have worked it out by then.

She's not ugly, just really unconventional looking. I'd rather fuck that blonde bitch getting out of the tub right before the brother with the barrel chest says how wild Westworld is.

In the film all the guns have temp sensors on them. I am sure they will address this or it will be something even more futuristic, when the episode calls for a Guest getting shot.

This. Some wonder how so many women find Cumberbatch hot, it's the same thing. Unconventional handsomeness.

you gay son

>and that it's really between Ford and the black guy?
There definitely is something there. Bernard is clearly having conversations with Dolores that he shouldn't be having. Dunno if it's really a conflict between him and Ford though, but something's happening.

Eh, when you go to Disneyland is your first impulse to kill the cast? No. Sweetwater is the dropping-in point, no one is going to go fucking postal in noob town. That's why they keep talking about how wild it gets the further out you go.

I wouldn't know until i actually get there.

Sit in my room at the saloon while beautiful whores get banged all night next door

This. In the second episode, the two guests are at a table eating dinner and one of them says the easiest way to fin out if someone is a host or guest is to just shoot them which implies guests can't kill other guests

It's not the same thing. I get what you mean but she is definitely (relatively) more attractive than him

Theories on what is hidden behind the labyrinth? The command centre? The secret company agenda? Rome World? Medieval World? Space World?

Theories on what the company ultimate goal is? Soldiers? Immortality?

He's literally the worst aspect of the show. I get what they're trying to do with him, but his acting is so fucking bad.

This is probably a world that DOES have affordable, hyper-realistic VR. That doesn't preclude the rich from being rich and doing rich things. No VR is going to be absolutely perfect, down to sand in your face and blood on your shirt.

Spent a week with him and his senpai on a ranch in colorado. He's a nice guy. Very soft-spoken. Doesn't want any attention.

It's some trivial thing that Will just became way too obsessed with. Or it could be something cool which would be nice.

>hosts are using fake ammo

Then how can they shoot each other? It would just sting them, not blow their heads off

Guns can't hurt guests. I'd have to settle for bashing your head in.

like?

Ok, so I probably couldn't do anything to the nigger guest without getting swarmed by the swat team with p 90s but. I should be able to kill every nigger robot without getting interfered with even if they know I'm doing it. It would still be pretty fun, also irl no niggers would go to west world so none would be there to kill anyway.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the "incident" from 30 years ago, and has something to do with the birth of the MiB

Since they would know you are a total beta they would send a sweet robot prostitute to your room I bet.

They aim to please, I really want to see how they construct the fantasy around McPoyle.

>The command centre?
Nah that'd be dumb and incredibly underwhelming.
>The secret company agenda?
Now that's more likely. That'd be Ford's final agenda. A theory floating around is that whatever's in/beyond the maze is not intended for the guests but for the hosts.
I doubt someone as incredibly intelligent as Ford would have built all this shit just to amuse richfags. His endgame is probably more along the lines of creating a genuinely sentient AI, and the maze might be a sort of final test for hosts to get to the outside world.

Some stupid philosophical thing about life on a piece of paper that hopkins decided to write for example.

I hope it will be some interesting thing like a new level or some secret or some shit that will bring season 2.

Undead robots?

What about a simulation for the robots? A westworld for the bots who are made aware of who they are.

why did they make fatties

inb4 the board are just high-functioning androids made by Ford to run the company and he'll lose control over them

>Theories on what is hidden behind the labyrinth?
Map leads MiB to the decommissioned droid chamber where he gets ripped apart by deranged robots, his 5-17% shares in the company thus transferred to some related staffer that will be used in a power play.

End game: Robots will be used by membership governments for crisis acting with no chances of their narrative being broken by SNS conspiracy fags matching faces of people in news footage.

>main female character makes her way into the command center by climbing the ridge
>activates all the inactive robots
>they slaughter everyone
>they take control
>starts again with the standard day cycle
>flash of light in the distance
>black screen

:^)

Why the fuck would they make the hosts have superhuman strenght?

This show is such a snorefest. I want to like it but every character except MIB is so damn boring and literally nothing happens in the show. The crappy old west setting surely doesn't help.

Got to appease all fetishes.

HAHAHAHAHAH WOW

Depends how much you mutilate the corpse.

>Theories on what the company ultimate goal is? Soldiers? Immortality?
Pretty obvious they are pursuing deep AI. At least that must be Lowe and probably Ford's ultimate goal. They are the ones that seem most motivated to make the Hosts as real as possible, which means making them as human as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out they license the Host tech to the government for soldiery or whatnot. But judging from things I don't think hyper-realistic robots are just walking around outside the park. It's exclusive tech.

for freaks into fat fetish obviously.

Kek that'd be pretty comic actually.
But think about it this way. The park is a giant Turing test where you send real people to serve as jury and practice for the hosts. Then the hosts that "pass the test" by reaching a high enough level of sentience can learn about the maze, find it, and in it they face the final test that'll decide whether they became truly conscious, and then they get to leave WW.

They're fucking engineered robots. If we can make squibs today, the future can make robots that explode appropriate shaped cavities out of their bodies in any direction a fake bullet's trajectory would require.

Fucking pleb

>Mechanical bits
What. Fucking. Show are you watching? They're meat. They've created life.

GRRRRRR IM AGNRY AT YORE POST NOW !!!!!

I hope not. I'm tired of zombie shit. Yes I know they are robots, but that's what they will look like.

HOLY SHIT they're using CGI? who would've thought?!

>In a way, I was born here
yeah, no way he's a robot

The second barrel on a LeMat is a shotgun, but I guess if you were a fucking madman you could fire slugs out of it.

OH NO
IMMERSION RUINED

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF SHATTERED

3/10 SHOW

WHAT A JOKE

XD

there are more dupes in that pic

you have to go back

WHAT IF MiB IS A ROBOT WHO FOUND A WAY TO FOOL THE SYSTEM HE IS HUMAN?

Yeah, my uncle that works at Nintendo said the same thing about him.

the dastardly train track thing would be my first action

probably generic villainous shit after that, but maybe really low-key but i would definitely fuck musk's ex wife first and foremost, maybe even stick her under the train

There were quite a few notable nigger cowboys/western personalities, I imagine one or two well to do blacks might want to go to West World just to see what their "Grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grandpappy's friend of a friend" 's life was like.
But yeah, niggas don't roleplay.
Though, doubt most of the patrons to the park do either.

She looks like boy in drag.

No. Westworld's staff spends a shitton of time designing each robot, I think they'd have recognized him if he was a robot.

>he can't change how it looks

danish girl, at least the english guy is kinda funny in a so bad it's good way

There's no reason to believe he can.

E2 is on RARBG

Oh shut up autistic edgelord. Your neet ass wouldn't be able to afford access to Westworld's website.

this better be bait

>i would definitely fuck musk's ex wife first and foremost, maybe even stick her under the train
hearty kek

do you know how that kind of robots function? make he cut up his face and let regenerate.

someone should make a westworld mod for fallout 4

It's like playing Open World games for the quests.
Nodody cares.

Nigger Alarm, Nigger Alarm, Nigger Alarm

gtfo my board normie shitskin

Many of the ones in storage are from across the years. The present ones are much more human inside and out, but the older ones, like the one Ford was drinking with are more likely to be built in a similar manner as the ones in the film. And it's likely that most of those with mechanical insides got decommissioned and thrown into storage with only some (like Dolores) getting upgrades to synthetic human insides.

They're fucking robots. If you need something moved or built, may as well use a VM in the robots to have them serve as labor instead of going to the near Home Depot to pick up some Mexicans.

It gives a whole lot of meaning when the girl said to MiB that the maze was not for him.

>it was meant for the hosts.

Because it's explicitly shown that when the robots get damaged they have to be brought back to the main facility and placed in big-ass machines that rebuild their outer layer.
Also there are too many specific lines from the MiB making it clear he's a real guy
>I've been coming here for 30 years
>I'm not paying that much money for you to make it easy, I want you to fight back
and so on.

lol dicks n tits

Why did the girl talk in such a strange way? Was she channeling the system or an A.I. or something?

No, you're retarded.
They're made out of materials that imitate real bone and tissue extremely well but they're robots.

also he keeps saying he's been their for 30 years and that he was born there

probably a robut

I think it triggered the quest for the labyrinth.

This.

The Paint it Black scene illustrates it perfectly. The Hosts are perfect enough for him that he can construct any story he wishes, has it delivered exactly as wished, etc. But this is a shallow approach to the tech. Ford wants Emergent Gameplay, by making the Hosts real and giving them real motivations, even if they are unaware of their true reality. They are all convinced it's a day in Sweetwater, the only reality they know.

It seems like the robots occasionally glitch out and get out of character briefly. Some hidden parts of their program can also be triggered by some phrases or contexts, so that'd be what happened there. I guess some of the hosts have secret subroutines meant to keep the ultra-secret final maze quest going.

*there

Why did he kill the bartender guy?

different stroke for different folks

he said he had been coming here for 30 yrs

and that when he thinks about his life he CONSIDERS his birth the first time he entered westworld...

We know he must be someone important but other than that nothing

Jesus Christ she is fucking furry. What is it with these nordic bitches and all the body hair.

Fat people make wonderful end game bosses.
#stopFatShaming20XX

Bartender called for more Hosts to come after MiB, didn't he? Probably annoyed at him for that.

I said probably,it seems to me that no one would want to come their more than a few times as it would get really boring,somethings off about him.

Well he's been coming on a regular basis for 30 years, so he'd be a pretty special customer. Also remember "30 years" is when the last critical failure happened at WW, so he's probably involved in it to some extent.
The chatbot on the WW website says MiB is a VIP guest when you ask, the question is why?

Oh boy,when are you going to tell your family you're a fagot?

mfw fag mods will ban me for tits, fug it

that makes sense

>Also remember "30 years" is when the last critical failure happened at WW
source?

Man in Black is pannenkoek2012 of Westworld

Hey man I'm not saying I wouldn't, but tell me she isn't a furry specimen.

*there

god dammit

Trump 2016 MAGA!!!

I'm thinking it's really bad sign that they're doing what LOST did and thinking that withholding context is actually a good thing.

I hate this cockteasing mystery bullshit, because you just know the reveals will never be worth the wait.

Can't remember the exact moment it's mentioned but I think it's in ep1.
They talk about it here bustle.com/articles/187712-the-critical-failure-on-westworld-could-be-connected-to-the-1973-movie-the-man-in-black
It'd be interesting if they're right and the show actually happens in the same universe as the movie, 30 years later. But that'd mean they're making Futureworld non-canon.

nah, although I wish he'd exploit glitches and stuff like groundhog day instead of just scalping dudes

Lindelof is no where near this thing. JJ is executive producing. You need to relax and trust the kino.

Fucking idiot please put on a trip so I can filter your useless posts.

She's the 10/10 that doesn't exist

You can only see that because the light is hitting it just right and these are high def photos irl it wouldn't be noticeable.

It all makes sense now.
He's trying to find out how many QPUs you need to jump to reach deep AI.

I'd be okay with the show set in the same universe as the movie.

>It's LOST all over again. I advise you to stop assuming there is some grand plan at work by the writers here.
It's Johnathon Nolan

Fucking EVERYTHING in PoI was planned ahead

>Go to Westworld as a black man
>Get lynched

Why are you confusing the west with the south?

What I wanna know is what the fuck is going on outside. It's heavily implied that the control center is deep inside the earth. We've seen a few very quick shots of something that looks like it might be outside, but could also be some kind of simulation. We also never see any natural light in the command center.

And it also makes me wonder about the nature of Westworld itself. Will walks down a hall and enters an already moving train. Is it a simulation? If so, why make hosts? If not, where is it? What's to stop people from sneaking in or hosts from leaving? Why are we never shown outside in the "real" world?

Also, I was under the impression that Will's whole story was in the past was a foregone conclusion. Doesn't the whole thing start with an older version of Main Character girl as a hostess on the train into the control center?

>by a white robot who is more human than you :)

New vegas would be a lot easier due to the exiting western themes.

>go to westworld as a chinese man
>they send me to work on the rail track

it's underground because it's fucking illegal

You see user this is all a overly elaborate holodeck program run by Data so he can come up with the ultimate cat food formula.

its an asteroid

only boring people get bored

episode 1
"Been 30 years since the last major failure"
"That means we are past due"

The park is a real location. The command center is inside a mountain so that it can be within the confines of the park but hidden from the robots.
Although it's true that I can't remember a single scene where we see an outside area that isn't part of the park, but I don't know whether that's important or not.

>but by the time you leave you are a respected doctor

Definitely possible
Clearly the correct answer
I'm willing to entertain the idea that this is taking place in some kind of space colony, at least.
Also totally possible.

I can't put my finger on it, but the fact that we don't really see the outside (outside of WW) and the shot of the buildings encased in stone FEELS important. I could be grasping at straws, but I'm not convinced yet.

>What I wanna know is what the fuck is going on outside. It's heavily implied that the control center is deep inside the earth. We've seen a few very quick shots of something that looks like it might be outside, but could also be some kind of simulation. We also never see any natural light in the command center.
They've shown nothing outside of Westworld yet. Your pic is the living quarters. All employee stuff is built into a cliff, under that house looking thing the narrative guy and that one woman were talking in. See: delosincorporated.com/video/intra/ww_mesamap_comp_v09_he_1920.mp4

>Will walks down a hall and enters an already moving train.
Watch it again. Will enters, and either the train itself or the hall behind him moves so that the other Guests (in this case, Logan, Will's friend) can get in. After Logan gets in, it moves again, and then it doesn't actually start moving down the track until you see the sunlight come in and everything is visibly shaking.

>Doesn't the whole thing start with an older version of Main Character girl as a hostess on the train into the control center?
While William's scenes are set in the past, the girl you're talking about is a different girl. William meets Dolores for the first time at the end of the episode, inside the park.

>Arrive in Westworld
>Ask a host about their mother
>Get shot

>but the fact that we don't really see the outside (outside of WW)

yes you do, when bitch lady and designer sperg are talking on the balcony

it's in the mountain the british writer and danish executive were talking on in ep 1. this is fact

we see it's underground in the outside command centre shots user, you literally see girder piercing the buildings and going into rock

the control base is built in the mountain. There is underground tube network so they can get to sites in westworld without confusing the robots.

that's on a mountain above the WW park, but still in it

The sky is fake, the whole setting is underground

Uh yes? That's literally what I said. The only scenes with outside areas are in the park, and the command center itself is embedded in a mountain in the park (at least at the edge of it).

And the proof ?

>Romeworld
I can't imagine Rome or Medieval worlds actually being all that fun, outside of the increasingly debauched sex party.
In Westworld, you can actually put your """skill""" to the test with duels and shoot outs. Certainly most people aren't going to play dead when some robot or player beads them in the ass, but you'd at least know you won or loss by your abilities.
What can you do in Rome or West world? Robot swinging/stabbing at you isn't exactly going to be attacking with all its might. Playing legionary against a bunch of nerf bots with a sharp sword is bound to lose its appeal quite quickly.

the park is underground as well, the sky is fake

>The sky is fake, the whole setting is underground
requesting source on this

Kill yourself.

That's worth debating but you got any pic or dialogue suggesting that?

Visit the local gladiator arena, theater or circus. Hang in the forum or join senators. Perhaps act out your gladiator fantasies or debate with Cicero (stabbing Ceasar costs extra).

we've all moved to mars and earth is just a theme park now.the hospitable parts anywas

Medieval world could be about tourneys, wooing maidens, being Robin Hood or jewish pogroms.

robots are mindless retards, the robots will be smart enough to set traps and impersonate humans and take hostages ect

All of the fauna are robots, except for flies.
Location sets require snake wranglers and shit to constantly get rid of animals daily. Now imagine having to do that for a 20 acre open world.

Romeworld would be fun for Spartacus TV show level orgies.

But you can't fight seriously, unless they have you fill out a really fucked up clause before admittance.

No park is going to want to deal with a lawsuit of someone being unhorsed and injured or splintered in eye from jousting. Thus chances are the robots will be intentionally missing all the damn time. Where's the fun?

It makes sense that park is under the facility. Easier and faster for Robots to come and go.

Anybody notice how the map got updated?
Maybe each episode is a reset, and they slightly change the layout of the park everytime.