Michael Bay

What's the verdict, genius or hack?
And why is it such a meme to hate this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The largest pleb filter known to man

Transformers>Transformers 4=last third of TF 3>rest of TF3>TF2

he is Cred Forums's guy

explain

He is not totally hated, everyone likes The Rock or Bad Boys.
Pain and Gain is very popular in Cred Forums.

I mean outside Cred Forums
Everyone I know who is into movies hates him to some extent

I admire his skill for handling massive, complex sets. The hyperkinetic visual style can get tiresome sometimes. His humour is hit and miss but when it hits it's incredible - Bad Boys 2 is a masterpiece of bad taste and it's wonderful.

He is a skilled director that loves to do dumb movies.

It's the transformers movies which are his worst imo.

Before that he was overall regard as decent or nobody really cared about him.

he's shit and everyone calls him shit so Cred Forums loves him because they like to go against whats popular

The true heir to Dziga Vertov - his cinema is pure physicality and spectacle. Dude also likes his money, that's why he picks so many stupid projects

Because Transformers a shit

>t. newfag

he makes loud, fun and successful movies that pander to the normal crowd, bros who get together, drink, and watch his movies in a theater or while hanging out together.

his movies aren't intended to be watched by nitpicking no life nerds who sit in their basement alone and dissect film all day

If you're looking for something spectacular, he's your man.

People seem to forget that he's made 4 movies about giant robots horrifically ripping each other to shreds.

>meme arrows

He's a genius. I remember that movie with explosions he made, pure kino.

His attempts at making real characters with proper emotions and storylines are really embarrassing because its so obvious all he really wants to do is blow shit up and sell Ferraris and rolex and pepsi. He is totally humourless & cultureless, but there are way more objectionable film-makers out there so I don't get why people hate on him so relentlessly.

He is the king of all popcorn directors and a master of his craft. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Who cares about his body of work? He's a yummy silver fox. That's all that counts!

Hes a genius that went over normies heads. He graduated at the top of his class in film school, guy is talented.

Everyone wants to look "artsy" nowadays so people that loved transformers in 2007 now hate him cuz muh unintellectual sloppily made movies

These same people will then praise boyhood and see no irony in this

I will never get over Pearl Harbor and how fucking dumb it was.

Other than that, he's alright.

pleb
unironically true

He's one of us. Michael Bay is /ourguy/.

youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268

Wouldn't be a pleb filter if it was explained.

Nice try, normie.

he's a hack one trick pony

for you

A mostly competent director who is largely in it for the money

Pain and Gain is one of the best movies of this decade.

patrician filmmaker for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

The Rock is one of the best action films of the 90s and is better than any Die Hard installment.

that's one shitty list

He makes movies for men that like movies, and since most of this generation is raised by single moms a lot of people don't know how to be men anymore.

He knows very well what average dumbfuck wants and gives it to them.

You're an average dumbfuck

Because he stopped making great action schlock like The Rock in favor of dull action schlock like Transformers

I unironically agree with this

I've got nothing against someone who makes loud, dumb movies for the popcorn crowd,but for those of us who were kids in the late 80's/early 90's he really crossed a line by fucking around with classics like the Transformers and Ninja Turtles. People of my generation will not forgive him for that.

Pearl Harbor was one of the worst fucking war films anyone has ever made, that's where it started
>Doolitlle has a fucking F-86 Sabre model in his case
>You're gonna be a dad!
>No, you are
Just shit in every way except when the bombing starts

This.

He's good at what he does; I just hate what he does.

because he's a well-known director who makes a lot of money directing action movies, instead of artsy-fartsy pretentious indie bullshit
he's also fucking... a WHITE MALE