Anyone else going to see this tomorrow? What Godzilla films should I watch to prepare me?

Anyone else going to see this tomorrow? What Godzilla films should I watch to prepare me?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#!ThBHGIgA!P_nsxYNq4ZwIt81-S_sqGe3ezlnWNmrC-kQokjA8hRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BD-rip fucking when?

I'm going to see it saturday with my friends :3

Binge-watch Evangelion to prepare yourself.
I'm going to see it, though.

Godzilla vs King kong
OG
either Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Megalon

Driving four hours just to see this because Godzilla was my childhood and the 2014(?) film was only decent. I really hope that the excitement and terror holds up for the four drive afterwards because fuck staying at a hotel in Boston.

>four hour drive
I figured they were giving a pretty widespread showing, considering there are about a billion theaters playing it just in my area.

>closest theater is 6 hours away

Yup, going to see it alone tomorrow night.

haha, closest theater is the one I always go to on Tuesdays. Poor bastards.

Where do you live? I'm in Alabama and even the city I'm in is showing it. I bet I'll have the entire theater to myself.

BOY I LOVE CGI

I will never understand why this stupid shit is so popular. Japanese pop entertainment is a fucking joke.

Pierre, South Dakota. Closest is Omaha, Nebraska.

Such is life in Maine.

I think you should watch both Japanese solo movies: Gojira (1954) and Godzilla (1984).

WHERE IS MY TORRENT Cred Forums?
WHERE IS MY TORRENT?

seeing it tomorrow here in STL op, gonna be amazing as is my first Toho theatrical installment as a life long fan! I will be showing my friends that are attending GMK as was the last film where G played a bad guy

I'm going to see this by myself

Thanks Obama

Gonna see it wednesday!

I'd recommend the classics...
Original, GMK, Destoroyah, Biollante. 1984

Tucson here, will see it tomorrow

What's the premise in this one? I've seen clips where he's evolving in gross ways. What's going on exactly?

new origin story. what if godzilla invaded in 2016?
its the army vs godzilla as it evolves into its final form

it's Anno, just shut up and watch

Huh. Interesting.
Anno?

The creator of Evangelion

No shit? Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I've been horribly out of the loop on movie stuff lately and never knew Eva's creator's name. Thanks for being nice senpai.

>Still no release accounced for Europe

>living in yurop

It looks like Contagion(2011)

Anno seems legitimately dumb to me. Anyone else?

He's mentally ill, user.

No, he's just a hack.

>tfw nearest showing is 2hr drive

What is the point of this if they can't make it look better than the original? It isn't like the story is gripping, no sociopolitical drama to keep the viewer intrigued, it is a big monsters tearing stuff to bits causing chaos. If you can't make the monsters of the associated effects look good, what is the point? The original was great for its time, this looks like shit for a 2016 release.

Are you all too stupid to realize this is just a studio hopping onto the nostalgia bandwagon? Fucking end yourselves, you people handing out money by the hundreds to rehashes is what is killing the entire filmindustry, not jews, not hack directors, not eyes wide shut ring of elitists, no, it is you, end yourselves.

Will you stop posting this picture everywhere?Even without the EoE, Evangelion is a masterpiece.

Pretty hyped here famalams

Evangelion vs Mothra

Dude. Not lying at all, one of my roommates in college was from Pierre.

What's his name? I might know the lad. At least tell me his age.

Can you do any better?

Evan

Nope, probably don't know him. If you're willing to say a last name I might be able to place him, but I doubt you want to do that.

I'm seeing it this weekend with my friends, can't wait.

I'm scared they're all going to hate it since they're not turbo weebs like me.

I'm going to see it tomorrow too! I'm probably gonna watch Godzilla 2000 (if I can get my hands on it, it's my favorite Godzilla movie) and Evangelion 1.0 to prep myself up.

So fucking pumped.

SOMEONE PLEASE RECORD THIS SHIT

I think he's just too depressed to care.

King?

For anyone who has seen it, what themes from EVA does it have? Or what similarities did you see in it? Also is Anno staying aboard for this run of godzilla movies?

Nothing can prepare your anus for Zilla levels of awesomeness. If you've never watched one, don't watch any, otherwise you might not recover in time to see it tomorrow.

>watching the rebuilds
>ever

>Nothing can prepare your anus for Zilla levels of awesomeness.
Go back to where you came from

I'm seeing it tomorrow. I'd probably just watch Gojira, the original.

>is Anno staying aboard for this run of godzilla movies?
no. this is his only godzilla related thing

Nearest theater is 3 hours a way, no way i'm gonna drive that far and waste that much gas back and forth for another 'zilla
but I am pretty excited to watch when it comes to torrents

Only once I've saved half of Tokyo by destroying the other half.

>Pierre, South Dakota

How about Funimation go fuck themselves. I have to drive to fucking BOSTON to see this movie because, despite there being like five theaters in New York they apparently couldn't be assed to play it anywhere in Maine.

Is anyone going to record the fucking film?

Seeing it on Wednesday. The theater is really comfy too. It's got a really nice arcade with mint condition Time Crisis and House of the Dead machines. I'll probably get there a couple hours early just to play those desu.

going down to sf to see it on wednesday, pretty excited. pretty excited that it's playing somewhere other than the roxie too

No, because it'll make fuck all already, pirated copies will just fuck it up more. Just pony up the $15 and go see it. Pirate the run of the mill Hollywood shit, whatever, but shit like this could really use the numbers.

Yup

I think every showing is concentrated into the tri-state area on the east coast. There are 3 within 10 miles of me.

>highest grossing film in Japan all year
I think they're doing alright.

this

Faggot you should watch Love and Pop and Shiki Jitsu.

Especially Shiki Jitsu

You're joking right? Evangelion as a whole is bad, I think it gets so overrated because it's nostalgia for a lot of people as the first thing they watched that they could act pretentious about.

It must be nice to have friends.

What I think he means is, the more people who pay to see it in the west this time around, maybe when the next one comes out it'll get a wider release and more anons will be able to watch it in a theater without driving five hours or begging for a rip.

Rebuilds are at least good, haven't seen 3.0 yet and not really interested, series was trash.

Watch:

Godzilla 1956
Godzilla 1984

The rest of the films are monster vs monster with Godzilla in a hero role.

What's some good kaiju anime? I love big monsters done well.

Fair enough Hans

It sucks that there is no chance RLM will see this, the extra word of mouth might help NA ticket sales.

3 hours for my fampai.

Seriously considering going.

Excellent point.

>dumb
Try "crippling lack of self esteem".

>It sucks that there is no chance RLM will see this

Why? There's two theaters in the Milwaukee area showing it (I'm seeing it in Madison tomorrow night and looked up all Wisconsin showtimes). Are they just not Godzilla fans?

Is there any call backs to the old films?

Cred Forums
Really terrible movie
>You just dont get it
Decent movie
>Is trying to hard
Fuck, I hate this board

if you're too pretentious for godzilla you are officially a joyless cunt.

During the 2014 Godzilla review Mike expressed interest in seeing a Godzilla movie that focused more on people in labs and meetings coming up with solutions to stop Godzilla, so I figured this would be more up their alley, but going off their new video it doesn't seem like they're interested in any current movies in theaters. So either they don't know about it or don't care. Hopefully I'm wrong about it, it would be nice to at least see more reviews about it.

they've been missing a lot of interesting polarizing stuff lately, they missed The Babadook, The Neon Demon, The VVitch, and now it look like they're gonna miss Shin-Gojira.

I would if I could, believe me.
I'm not fucking American,

But it does look good.
And it does have "sociopolitical drama" (who really cares about that shit in a Godzilla movie, though?)

Watch this OP, compilation of all fight scenes with talking taken out +more
mega.co.nz/#!ThBHGIgA!P_nsxYNq4ZwIt81-S_sqGe3ezlnWNmrC-kQokjA8hRs

Yo I'm catching it tomorrow night at the Westfield AND Roxie on Saturday. I heard about there being so many subtitles so I decided to see it twice so as to catch everything, plus the popcorn at the Roxie is tops

Gonna see it Wednesday. I'm pretty hyped.

>with talking taken out
gee thanks

>1956
Go away Raymond Burr

>Didn't actually think that is shit was coming out in Australia
>Check anyway
>Theatre barely 10 minutes is showing it
Oh fug.

WHO /GAMERA/ HERE

fucking sweet
amc 30!!! 10 min away!!!

haha, nice
i would be tempted to do the same thing if i lived in or closer to the city

Legion is the best kaiju of 90s.

>not Destroyah

godzilla vs destoroyah is pretty overrated in my opinion, half the movie is just a shitty Alien ripoff and then godzilla fights satan and dies. It's nowhere near as good as any of the 90s Gamera trilogy, GMK, Tokyo SOS or Godzilla VS Biollante

7:30 AT CARMIKE 18, I'M SO FUCKING PUMPED!!!!

But my date is almost guaranteed to hate it.

Anyone in los angeles seeing it?
I want to go but it's gonna be late night by myself. I'm scared of weebs trying to talk to me.
Also idk id i should buy my ticket now or at the door