"And surprisingly [Tusk] came out really good."

>"And surprisingly [Tusk] came out really good."

Why is James Rolfe such a retarded pleb?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l6sdpH5N1c0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But Tusk was entertaining as fuck

it's ok to enjoy things you looser

he admitted the movie was bizarre and retarded

He's never pretended to be anything other than a pleb.

He doesn't pretend to like artsy intellectual stuff, he always gushes about cheesy horror flicks.

>notorious for liking shitty horror movies
>surprised when he likes a shitty horror movie

>I got brain washed by the AVGN

Lmao retard

>sits around watching guys on youtube talk about shit for 15+ minutes
>calling anyone else a pleb
Why can't Cred Forumsidya just stop coming to Cred Forums in hopes of justifying and validating their life choices? Go talk about your Let's Play shit on Cred Forums.

>I can't enjoy a flick unless it takes itself 100% seriously and caters exclusively to my contrarian tastes
>what is horror comedy
>what is comedy

He's not. Tusk IS pretty good for what it is(a Kevin Smith movie with a retarded premise that shouldn't work). It has some decent body horror elements, some genuinely disturbing moments and a great performance by Michael Parks. Considering it's Kevin Smith stepping out of his element, it could have turned out way worse(see Cop Out and Yoga Hosers). As it stands, it's one of KS's best post-View Askewniverse films.

>KIng Kong is one of the best films of all time
>fuck Citizen Kane
What did he mean by this?

His favourite movie is Ghostbusters. What do you expect? He's a massive pleb tier idiot.

One of the most monstrous inventions that ever entered into a filmmaker's thoughts.

This pretty much.

Caught the interrogation scene from Cop Out on tv last night and didn't remembered why I wished Kevin Smith had been in that car with Tracy Morgan

He's pretty much the only celeb or e celeb or whatever who actually LOVES film and movies in general. Not like RLM or you faggots who say you do but only love your idea of what movies should be.

He's explained himself pretty well. He appreciates it for its technical achievements in the same way that people appreciate Kane but feels it doesn't get the respect it deserves.

And he never said fuck Citizen Kane.

He loves attention and watching bad movies is his hobby
If he loved "film" so much how do you explain the steaming pile of shit he created?

Film is more than just shitty horror flicks.

Why retarded pleb OP watch James Rolfe?

So why doesn't he talk about foreign horror movies? He made one episode about Dreyer's Vampyr but that's basically a silent movie.

Why does he only use still pictures for his reviews now.

>reads out a synopsis for 5 minutes
>"anyway that's the whole plot of the movie, you should check it out"
Was monster madness always this shit?

Because using the actual footage like he used to would get him into trouble with Jewtube because of their apeshit copyright laws.

Because his brain doesn't work good.

He tries to connect with his audience.

Be careful OP.

The last guy who tangled with Rolfe didn't come off too good.

Then you hate Sam Raimi unless you're just a memeing retard.

I've seen nothing from him except the Spider-Man films and the Oz movie.

I was also kidding.

His favorite movie is it's a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, world. He's never pretended to be a patrician.

This.

I don't know if it's the very low expectations I went in with, but I was pleasantly surprised. Same with Red State. They had a basically professional level of craftsmanship I had figured Kevin Smith would be forever devoid of.

>I've seen nothing from him except the Spider-Man films and the Oz movie.
dude

I've never seen AVGN and I also enjoyed the fuck out of it except for Johnny Depps long as fuck scenes.

Maybe he meant the Fleetwood Mac album.

Depp ruins it almost entirely but holy shit that ending duel. It's Wrestler-tier.

>reviews The Cat People in his first year of Monster Madness
>lets a scene of quiet tension play for a few minutes to get across what kind of horror movie it is
He's never been good at analyzing movies, but he put together well-made bite-sized videos, and something like Mighty Joe Young this year could have benefited from footage being shown.

He's talked about having issues with subtitles before, I believe. They distract him from the whole viewing experience.

He's a horror movie fan.

Is an ADHD autist?
It's not hard to read and watch at the same time.
What a pleb.
I read my anime with subs all the time.

>kevin smith

I have no idea who this guy is except for this video where he tries to be hip and cool by sounding like a stonerfaggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=l6sdpH5N1c0

Do people actually like this guy? He sounds like a child fucker.

>what a pleb
>I read my anime
The irony.

During the review of Shin Godzilla, he said there was like, subtitle overload for him, or something. Like, stuff at the bottom of the screen, stuff at the top, text sometimes on the screen.

platinum cringe right here

Guess the Video Game Nerd was never big into rpgs.

>kevin smith
>I have no idea who this guy is except for this

How old are you

He's fresh off the Reddit train.
Kinda odd for a guy to post an old kid show that aired when I was a kid, but not know who Kevin Smith is.
I don't really like him but everyone I know has seen Clerks at least once.

how old is kevin smith? he's trying to act like an 18 year old

Watch his videos.

James is a lovely guy, but he seems to be...simple.

It might just be autism.

he's a dumb guy

seriously literally who the fuck is kevin smith?

Like you.

Dude who made all the Clerks movies and shoving Jay and Silent Bob in all his movies like Chasing Amy and Dogma.

He's certainly not uneducated, he just has a very specific taste. He likes old games with all of their flaws and b-movies and other weird shit. He's not simple, at best you could call him a hipster for eschewing most modern things in favor of "the good old days".

Kevin Smith was fine until Chasing Amy bombed and he started smoking weed.

He plateaued with Mallrats which he later retconned into being anything other than his failed attempt to sell out and move up to the big boy table.

Sort of like his little self-retcon of only smoking weed after Zack & Miri failed when you can literally find old videos of him and Flannigan joking about how he used to trade him bowls for comics.

Man though when that fat fuck stops trying to be funny between high giggles and just talks about hollywood he's maximum comfy. Could listen to him talk for days.

pleb

I used to be able to listen to him until DC bought his soul and he's now required to shill every single terrible DC movie constantly.

do you have links to these videos? I always kind of assumed he was telling the truth about the weed.

And I agree with you 100% about the listening to him for days. He has a few really great podcasts. Especially old-days SModcast.

Please answer the question I'm about to ask: Why the fuck would anyone ever take this guy seriously? Look at him. It's like listening to the movie opinions of the computer science major on your dorm room hall who smelled like baby oil and jerked off in the top bunk every night.

The same goes for the Nostalgia Critic. Why do peope give a fuck about the opinions of a guy who wear a goatee and $20 glasses? It's like everybody pulling up a stool to shut up and listen to the village idiot!

And their voices! Those adenoidal, cartoon nerd voices! What is wrong with the people who watch these videos? Don't you want to grow up one day and be taken seriously?

I felt the same thing about Red State. It looked like a regular movie and not like his typical film-student tier shit. Same thing about Tusk, although I didn't like that movie.

About James, yeah he sucks as a movie critic and his tastes are weird but his videos are always so comfy and he knows so many interesting trivia that you just have to admire his passion and hard work. He's the good kind of a manchild, if there ever was one.

AMC ruined him but he's more prolific than ever even if he is shilling most of the time. I think either his film hiatus scared him or his wife out and now he's in full nut gathering mode or maybe it's just a midlife crisis. But now that he has that parachute he needs to tone it down it's bleeding into everything.

You'd have to dig through his old commentaries or bonus clips there's plenty of weed in-jokes and he was just a big a stoner then as he is now.

Probably didn't want to seem like a horrible influence when his daughter finally got old enough to know what a joint was.

You can still catch him ranting without any of the shtick or advertising on some of his spurr of the moment film reviews. It's like once he gets going he just goes into a trance. Used to listen to Babylon quite a bit but it's barely listenable these days.

It's old hat now but once upon a time watching a guy play and rage over the same shit you remember playing and raging out over was a novel idea.

Fuck that guy with glasses though. I agree with about 99% of his points but that voice just kills it for me.

Watch a video with both of them and it's weird because only one of them is in character.

>mfw having to sit through Legend of the Blue Hole for the first time
>mfw having to watch any James Rolfe "flick"

Tusk is pretty good though, in a b-tier movie kind of way.

Tusk might not be the worst movie i saw in my life, but its up there in top 5 next to masterpieces like House of the Dead or Dragonball: Evolution.

The fact anybody, especially someone who videos i sued to watch long ago could be entertained by it or even call it good just insults me on some weird personal level.
He also like Red State, what the fuck.
James, get a fucking grip.