How is this Cred Forums?

How is this Cred Forums?
I've got it on my network's instant play.
Is it supposed to be campy or more serious? I remember it being talked about some here but remember nothing about it otherwise.

It takes itself seriously enough but also has a bit of a sense of humor I suppose. Fun film despite it not quite living up to Trick r Treat.

It's campy and disturbing, much like Trick r Treat, by the same director.

There's comedy and then there's insane grotesque monsters and kids getting killed.

Slow and not memorable

Trick r treat was way better

very good, great atmosphere, sound design and overall production value.

I didn't like it, didn't seem to know which direction it was heading in or really nail the campiness / comedy elements.

Alright, thanks. Gonna watch it here in a few minutes. If this thread is still up afterwards, I might post what I thought of it.

I really liked it, it is a whole lot of fun. It plays it straight, but there are killer gingerbread men, and a one liner or two.

Its just like a tribute fun 80s horror.

I have absolutely no idea why it was received so poorly received.

>65 and 53 on RT
>6.2 on IMDB
>49 meta-score

6/10.

It's a pleasantly enjoyable late night """"""fun"""""" horror flick.

It was poorly received because, 1) it's not a specifically dumb horror movie, and 2) it's a dark christmas film

>Trick R Treat
>good

Into the trash your opinion goes

I think there were a few too many characters. Also the third act felt really weak.

its pretty serious and pretty good. You should watch it closer to christmas tho

>preferring trick r treat to this
I hope you're joking. Trick r treat was boring disposable trash. Krampus channels the best part of fun 80's horror and does it well.

Haven't seen it but the house at Halloween Horror Nights sucked

Would make a good double-feature with Gremlins.

It shifts tone too wildly from grimdark christmas horror to fun campy christmas monsters. not sure what the director was trying to do.
Adam Scott was good though

It's cute if nothing less.

I enjoyed it. Although the gingerbread man and that bitch from two and a half men kinda annoyed me.

Other than that lots of fun and some surprisingly good acting.

shit acting
shit dialog
I just skip the human interaction as soon as they open their bloody mouth. The monsters were okay. Overall nothing special

Disappointing, watchable but feels like it could of been way better
>Tone is all over the place; start is normal "lol crazy family get together", next third is straight serious horror, last third is horror comedy and the ending is very serious
>Visual effects and aesthetics are top notch, some creature designs are brilliant but underused. CGI gingerbread-men were shit and felt like a crappy retread of Army of Darknesses same scene
>Performances are solid but the script really leaves everyone feeling shallow
>Everything else about it is meh at best

Watched it with my buddy drunk as fuck one night. Not into spooky type stuff normally but still enjoyed it due to the cast of "real" actors who Id thought wouldnt play in such a thing. Fun movie something to watch with friends probably for good laughs. The ending was actually dope as hell I thought and made it more than just a satire/spooky movie.

A perfect 5/10 to laugh at with friends.
My friend and I laughed our asses off at the "WHEW" sound effect added to when the fat aunt is pulled out the window by the chain. The rest of the time we just made fun of it.

It's great. One of my favorite Christmasy horror movies. Good spooky moments and overall comfy levels.

>not memorable
kys

OP here.
I thought it was pretty great. I agree that the tone was all over the place but I kind of liked it liked that. Sort of reminded me of Gremlins in that aspect. The monsters were all great, especially the Jack in the Box vore monster but I agree the gingerbread men were shit. I really thought they were going to leave the ending as is when Krampus dropped Max into the underworld. Was a bit disappointed when he woke up and everything was fine. I thought they might go in that direction and hoped they wouldn't but I understand why they did - it might have been too depressing other wise. Also like some of you said, Adam Scott was pretty good but many of the other characters were meh, they could have done with cutting a few of them. Overall 7/10. Didn't expect much going in and came out happy. I'd watch it again around christmas time, rather than halloween, though.

>everything was fine

Did this movie not end with the implication that they were now all trapped in a snowglobe? Am I confusing this with the ending of a different film?

My read of the ending was that it was actually the depressing one, in which they are trapped in Krampus snowglobe dimension.

It did. I'm starting to suspect OP turned it off or looked away before that became apparent.

I guess I just thought the snow globes were for Krampus to watch and keep track of all the families he's attacked or potentially will attack. Sort of to make sure they stay in like. With the "he's see's you when you're sleeping, knows when you're awake" song playing. I get what you're all saying though.

>stay in like

I mean stay in line.