The Dark Tower

So now that the trailer leaked and it's confirmed to be 100% shit what is the next Stephen King book they should attempt to adapt?

Other urls found in this thread:

jii.moe/EyZnyyBAW.m4v
youtube.com/watch?v=WUAvTn3uz5w
vid.me/MQG8
youtu.be/5bZZtJVQSLY?t=29s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope they just make the The Dark Tower one single film, every book in the series after The Gunslinger sucks

You mean every book after The Wasteland sucks.

Fine, but DotT and Wasteland were pushing it

>No Eddie
>No Susanah
>No Oy
>Entire movie is about Jake

Man I hate this.

Wasteland was good except for Blaine.

>tfw no sassy racist paraplegic southern black qt gf

Good. I hated Detta something fierce.

>Stephen King is rooting for the people actively ruining one of his best books, because he is terrified of being called "racist"

How cucked can you get? I am legitimately asking.

wizard and glass was almost gunslinger tier
it's horrendous on the first readthrough of the series because you want the story to keep moving forward, but it's great if you go back and read it again

t. honky mawfaw

wastland was for me the worst its the first book that king was sober whne he wrote and you can tell by the way roland changed hes nolonger the gunslinger but a old exjunkie looking for salvation when there should be none for him and the things hes done fuck redemtion i want damnation in my roland character

The movie being awful and shitty isn't going to have anything to do with Elba's acting.

t.b.h I don't have a problem with Elba being Roland, I just don't think a Dark Tower film would be good regardless of how it would be done. Plus if it really is just a film version of The Gunslinger, then the whole Detta Walker problem won't be present

Wizard and Glass is ok on it's own, like most King books it's just too fucking long for it's own good and just drags. And yes, it completely ruined the pacing of the larger story.

>Trailer uses Behind Blue Eyes
>Due to their casting change Roland doesn't have blue eyes

Good fucking job.

>tfw reading Wizard & Glass now

what the fuck happened, why did he drop the main story and think we'd be interested in Roland's background? Half of the fun with Roland was only knowing half of his story.

Where's a fucking mirror of the damn thing. I want to show my dad so he can cry about them butchering his favorite series.

jii.moe/EyZnyyBAW.m4v

Ignore the name, should still work

it's an important part of his story and goes a long way to explaining his relationship with the ka-tet, marten, and the quest as a whole
i feel you that it fucks the pacing like i and another kindly user said above but it's really good if you can get past that

desu I'm thinking of dropping the series after this, someone literally told me to read the summary for book 5 because it was that bad

Casting him indicates that the creators care dick about the source material and care a whole lot about "diversity" (tm).

Book 5 is just really unbalanced. The plot with the town is pretty solid but it's the book where they start adding in a lot of really weird stupid shit.

but y tho

5 is where king starts going literally insane and then 6 is where he went past the point of no return
there's a lot of cool shit that happens in 7 but there's also a lot of ridiculous shit. it's better than 5 and 6 as a whole though

WE WAS PALE BLUE EYED GUNSLINGERS N SHIET

I feel like they could've made a fairly decent adaptation even changing Roland's race. It comes into play with his eye color, his resemblance to Clint Eastwood, and his relationship with Detta Walker, but even if those elements are scrapped or changed I don't think it would destroy the work; those are pretty small plot points on the scale of the series as whole.

Given this trailer though none of that shit applies and they're going to make a garbage one off mongrelization that will bomb, get panned, and be forgotten. But it's not because of Elba.

story went to shit after king stopped doing drugs and roland stopped being a badass

Yeah surprisingly after seeing the trailer Elba is the least of the problems.

After he got hit by a car.

>its an apocalyptic world where everything went to shit suddenly has nice communities and civilization book

atmosphere in books 1-3 was so cool then it just went to shit

Wizard & Glass is garbage. desu skip it altogether or replace it with Wind Through the Keyhole. IMO it does a much better job of conveying what Wizard was trying to while actually having similar pacing to the rest of the series

>nice communities

You mean the one farm village that keeps having their children kidnapped by Doombots to be turned into mindless zombies?

It was the equivalent of a wild west town, hardly anything impressive.

I'm holding out hope that this is explained as being Roland from another level of the Tower, sort of like that flash of other worlds Jack got in "The Talisman."

King tweeted a picture of the Horn of Eld with some words like "This Time Around". So it's clearly set after the books and so that's probably enough to explain it.

Good to know

This, it's not so much that Elba wouldn't have been a good choice, it just indicates that the primary goal of this thing isn't going to be adapting the Dark Tower but making another shitty Hollywood movie.

Anyone got a link to this trailer?

Read the thread

They were in a tough spot. The book's only black character was a reprehensible racist so something had to change. I mean, it's 2016 and the world had moved on.

Every book after Wizard and Glass sucks a fat dick you fuck. The last one is ok.

Honestly I loved Wizard and Glass on the first read through and couldn't put it down at all much like the first book, which is of course still the best.

But why is Roland black?

No fucking way, are you serious.

[jewing intensifies]

School shooter book.

>the gunslinger is now a generic fantasy about a boy in modern day who just knows he's destined for something greater and is right
>Jake goes through a magic portal instead of dying horribly in the street
>it follows Jake instead of Roland so we miss the first half of the book
I didn't expect it to be great, but never in my wildest dreams did I think they would fuck it up this bad. Also, what's with the everyone being mad that Eddie and Susanna aren't in it? Why would they be?

Yeah looks pretty bad.

I don't have a problem with him being black, but his tiny little pussy guns got me triggered.

Literally never going to happen.

leave tuck do not watch

What?

>not looking forward to the inevitable forced diversity, shoehorned political correctness and butchering of the narrative

Jesus what are you, some kind of independent thinker?

the stand. needs to be a trilogy though

AYO 'MEMBER DA FACE OF YO MAMMA

ROLAND, SON OF HARAMBE

Now that I'm thinking about it more, the problem is so much more than it's generic. Starting the story in our world in our time and then going to Roland's misses the whole fucking point of that book, of how crazy it is for it to be a post apocalyptic western and then a kid from the 50s shows up out of nowhere. Are they just assuming that everyone has read the book so it's not a surprise? It's a popular series, but not that popular.

On the contrary, only people who have read the book would care about that.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but "kid goes to magical land and has adventure" has been done a million times and is boring. "another world assumed completely foreign suddenly is directly connected to our world through unclear means" has not been done almost at all and is far more interesting in my opinion.

In general I agree. But I also think the general movie going audience who hasn't read the book would be fine either way.

doo lade

>my face when "Behind Blue Eyes" starts playing

It was like the makers of the ghost busters remake making fun of the fans. Ass holes

This is the most correct answer.

Honestly fuck Stephen King. What is with authors being liberal retards?

I think The Stand has aged ok. I would like a Bluray release tho

It still has the problem that the first half is only kind of interesting and the second half is horse shit.

You're legitimately retarded if you think Elba being Roland is even close to the actual problems with this film.

Jesus christ that trailer looks awful. The tone is all wrong, the look is all wrong, the casting is all wrong.. christ. How do you fuck this up so bad?

I'd like to see them do "Rose Madder" because that Norman Daniels villain is, hands down, the most evil human monster King has ever created.

Man in black casting is actually fine, I was surprised.

Tonally this movie should have been something close to Book of Eli. That is a fine post apocalyptic western featuring a black gunslinger on a quest and it's pretty fucking good to boot. After this even with it's own unique story it's still more of a Dark Tower adaptation than this trash.

Good call.

Isn't Jake supposed to be like 10? This kid looks like he's almost a full grown adult. And why is there a black hobo with him?

Child actors are hard to work with and have lots of liabilities, especially for all the action scenes they need.

Can someone link the trailer. There's too many gay fan trailers on the tubes, I can't wade through all this shit. Giving this cancer views.

Speaking of Dark Tower. You can bet your ass now with that part with old black lady being a racist against original gunslinger they will mirror it and make it about white racism against black.

It's so predictable it's gonna happen that I'm not even gonna bother to pirate this shit.

Then I guess times must have changed.

Seriously disappointing. I want to have an excuse to watch a shota Jake for two hours, this is not going to do it for me.

Guess I'll rewatch Son of Rambow.

half of those kids were molested

COUCHED

Honestly wizard and glass was the first book I read and its was and is my favorite. Besides the first bit, it's its own story entirely

What the FUCK

>giant evil big bad of several King books who is implied to be one of the strongest things
>Eaten by a baby spider

Fuck this series

>when Cred Forums redpills you harder in one thread than Cred Forums ever could

GET READY FOR GHOSTBUSTERS 2: BIG FLOP BOOGALOO

>F W U P: the trailer
Fuck that sound is annoying every five seconds.

It looks like an M. Night directed Pirates movie.

Well that looks fucking gay

Can Sony even make a movie that isn't absolute dogshit??

Dragonball: Evolution tier
The trailer sounds and music are the worst shit ever, makes the overused Inception horn sound relevant in every movie

>i don't aim with my gun
>i aim with my eyes
>i don't kill with my gun
>i kill with my heart
>[behind blue eyes intensifies]

They took everything unique and interesting about the Tower and made it a boring generic fantasy.
I want to see an ugly crapsack world with the dying embers of civilisation struggling to eke out a living, where we see fsmiliar bits of our own civilisation among the ruins and alien elements. I want to see Roland murder an entire town one by one, including the children.
Instesd we got some boring bullshit about some stupid kid who goes through a magic portal to a fantasy fairy land.

>jii.moe/EyZnyyBAW.m4v
as if fred durst covering that song wasnt bad enough
who the hell is that singing now, mumferd and sons

>It's literally Tomorrowland with cowboys

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SONY-KUN!

your fathers new favorite dark tower will have a renewed weekly series in your mothers deep cavern
if you catch my drift

>I want to see Roland murder an entire town one by one, including the children.
Even the younglings? I thought he was the hero.

>wanted to see a Dark Tower adaptation since reading the books in middle school
>ten years later they release... this

Ka-tet? More like top kek. This movie got fucking cucked.

He's an anti-hero. Massively flawed, ruthless, slightly sociopathic and more than a bit crazy.
I wish he was my dad.

basically nothing matters more to roland than reaching the dark tower

>Sony
Did you actually had any expectations what
so ever? It's literally Dropped: The Studio

Nope. Everyone dies because of his obsessive lust for tower pussy. In the end he reaches the tower and big surprise, the revelation is that its all happened before! All the hard work and pain he went through was for nothing as he has reached the tower and completed his goal several times before and as punishment he is doomed to repeat everything in one massive loop for all eternity.

That looks fucking terrible

I want to get into Stephen King. Where do I start?

will this be the fall of idris elba?

don't lol

IT

>Idris Elba as Roland
>Matthew Mcconaughey as Randall Flagg
>90% of the trailer is traipsing about modern New York instead of wandering through the desert
>No telepathic sex with an oracle while fucked up on mescaline
>No faux-Medieval/Western shit
Granted, the second half of the series is just a whole lot of "let's tie together all of Stephen King's boosk" bullshit, but still.

>except for Blaine
Blaine was the best part you gigantic cockguzzling cunt.

Matthew could play a kickass Randall in The Stand remake but it's not needed.

BABY CAN YOU DIG YOUR MAN?

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIKE

>be Sony
>hmm all these dumb millennials go insane about this social justice shit
>let's cast a black guy as a traditionally white gunslinger character from a well known book series
>we can just call all the pissed off fans racist and create heaps of free media/controversy

Quite ingenious.

TO BE HATED

Wasn't the house all spooky and there was something trying to eat Jake? Now its this whimsical future house, it looks like something out of a shitty generic YA novel.

And why the shit is it called The Dark Tower and not The Gunslinger?

Goddamnit fuck this Adventures in New York bullshit I wanted my weird dark fantasy western.

I fucking love The Stand series and only adaptation I hate of Kings is Tommyknockers. I got bored halfway through and started reading random shit on the internet. I even like Langoliers more than Tommyknockers and that says something.

So;

I've seen a bunch of the news on this. All the internet talk. From what I gather the fans are not exactly hyped for it.

I was kind of interested because of the pedigree and history involved in this production.

Then I saw the trailer and my thoughts were;

>I don't really get what this is about

>I don't really want to invest the effort to get to know what this is about

How are the actual fans finding it? Does it actually look shit, like they got it wrong, or have they got it mostly right, and newbs like me are just left not really understanding what the appeal is yet?

Worked so well for Spookbusters, didn't it?

>Cast a black guy

>Anyone who criticizes the film is automatically a racist

Well, this can't fail. Just look at the enormous success they had using this method on Ghostbusters.

I saw the trailer and I actually feel bad for Idris Elba.
This will be the kind of flop that ruins careers.

Too bad because I really liked him in the Beasts of no Nation and in the Wire.

Imagine buying the first book which has a pretext written by King talking about his life and why he wanted to write this series, how his near-fatal accident tied into it, how it's his life's work, all inspired by Western movies with Clint Eastwood he saw when he was young - imagine reading about this post-apocalyptic world, new and intriguing. You want to know why the maincharacter is so special because of his revolvers, and what's his obsession with the dark tower and what the man in black did to him - just like Roland you're on a journey reading his saga.

Then they make a movie about it and cast Idris Elba as Roland who's supposed to be an older and more worn-down East Clintwood and you read Stephen King shitting on his fans because they're racists for wanting an acurate depiction of the books they love, as if he didn't write those 19 pages of introduction in each book didn't exist.

King is a hack fraud, Idris is an overrated nigger and Sony likes to ruin the fond memories of fans even though it's not even lucrative.

Fuck everyone involved in this.

Its fucking terrible. The Gunsliner (the first book) is just about a cowboy chasing a guy in the desert. Everything is fucking wrong because they had to shoehorn in the dimensional hopping shit in the worst possible way. In the books, Jake goes to Roland's world because he was murdered by being pushed in front of a car. In the movie he jumps through some magic sci-fi portal. Everything is wrong.

this

i actually don't give a shit about idris elba being roland, the biggest problem for me is that it seems like it's from jake's perspective and it's just some generic fantasy shit where he goes through a portal and ends up in another world

Hrs a good actor but I hate how he's every white liberal cuck's go-to when discussing making a white role black.

Huh.

I don't really get this mentality.

Seems like it would have made more sense to just...start with the first book (which sounds cheap) and see if it works and continue from there.

Oh well;

>Sony

nice spoiler, thanks.

Dad a chum
Did a chee
We Gilead now
Stupid Honkee

>every book in the series after The Gunslinger sucks
That says a lot about you. The Gunslinger literally has the most edgy immature writing of them all.

Kek

It's a shame they'll never happen. Long Walk would be a really interesting cinematic exercise, and Rage is tailor made for a cool low budget indie.

I would also fucking kill to see a good Running Man adaptation, which, also, will never happen for obvious reasons.

Already preordered my tickets

>Evil trains
>Crimson King's Golden Snitch Bombs
>King Self Insert Power Fantasy Saving King Inserting Self
>The
>Ending

It's Steven King writing shitty shlock with scope that reached beyond his ability.

You're better off not reading it anyway.

he's the mcdonalds of authors

>he's the mcdonalds of authors

King BTFO worse than when he was blown off the street by a van.

You aren't wrong.

I think an actual prominent author called him that once.

This is completely accurate well done

Samefag

Nah

Kingfag.

Go read Lamp Monster 2.

>The Mist
>The Shining
>The Shawshank Redemption
>The Green Mile
>Misery
>Stand By Me

Does any author have a better track record with adaptations?

The Shining is a shit adaptation but a good movie in its own right

>no Running Man
>no Apt Pupil
>No IT

user, please

>no Lawnmower Man
wait...

Please don't EVER reply to me again.

>implying they could do something good with King's work.
I'm at book fourth now and I, no joke, am absolutely convinced even Rowling has better mastering of plot, pacing, style and editing that this fucking hack.
Jesus christ, really?
A hooded evil wizard?
An AI gone mad which blow ups a city because it's fun?
An entire 400 pages book about calling two people?

Also holy fuck does King's abuse deus ex machina.
>we have to do this because I dreamt it
>we have to chose this path because of the clouds in the sky
I get that the approach on the dark's tower world is a theleological one, but for a novel's writer is just soooo cheap.

Conan Doyle

>No Langoliers
>No Tommy Knockers
>No Carrie
>No The Strain

>I'm at book fourth now and I, no joke,
>am going to try and convince Cred Forums my literary opinions are valid given my opening

Also the old witch has a mutant cat and a crystal ball.
What the fuck man.

>The Dead Zone

Fixed that for ya :^)

Langoliers was terrible in print and screen

Haven't seen tommyknockers or read it

Carrie was based, I'll give that to you.

Was Cujo good?

Salem's Lot was alright

FUCKING PET SEMETARY, holy shit

Didn't cat's eye have a couple from Night Shift? What about Creepshow?

I can also speak two languages and English is the second one.

Too smart for blue collar, not smart enough for STEM.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

keep at it, champ. You'll make it out of the ghetto one day, I'm sure of it.

>no one know what it's like to the limp bizkit cover

Stopped right there.

Well, yeah. I only read them when I didn't have anything better to do, and only so that I could better judge what all my friends thought was "the best series ever". I should've known as my pleb friends tout Harry Potter as a fucking classic, but I only allow myself to criticize shit if I have with first-hand knowledge.

Every time he mentioned something like
>his fingers
>reloading trick
>countless repetitions
I thought I'd throw up. The books are somewhat fun, he's a decent storyteller after all, albeit full of cliches and self-references.

He called himself that, the literary equivalent of a BigMac with fries.

I'll call the old bong what I like shithead

King tried to write a modern day fable.
He wasn't good enough.

>Wait so many years for a dark tower movie trilogy
>They proceed to fuck it up with their agenda bullshit

>I'm so big and tough when I'm on the internet

Grow up, this crap never deserved a film in the first place.

me too

I can enjoy King, sure. Like I might enjoy fast food.
But Dark Tower was beyond his ability to pull off. It was like McDs trying to serve pizza.

I have now lost all faith in humanity, I hope Steven King rots in hell for this.

>Fuck everyone involved in this.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Fuck off.
King Ruined his own vision years ago.

Pet Sematary was the scariest, The Dead Zone was the most intelligent, Needful Things was funniest is a sick way.

link that works?

despite this being Cred Forums do you mean his books? or film adaptations of his books?

They vary drastically

>tfw just finished the last book last week

honestly wanted to die lads

Was it shit?

he's already the self-professed McDonalds of literature, he doesn't give a shit about anything but the paycheck

the talisman

I thought it had an accident years ago and become retarded?

probs my favourite but yea needs to be read as its own thing...also is the start of wizard set in the world of the stand?

>jii.moe/EyZnyyBAW.m4v
CCCCHHHHRIIIIIISSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT

I've been shitting on this movie ever since I heard (((they))) cast a melanoid kang as Roland but this is even worse than what I could imagine.

was that them fighting the robot bear in the forest near the end? tfw no eddie

yes.

WHY

mini series was pretty tight

The best character is Cuthbert anyway, fuck everyone else.

I tried reading these books a few years ago, got haflway through the one that was a flashback to young roland being blinded by pussy and stopped there it was so bad.

does it improve after that, worth going back to?

This should have been really simple to do, like it should have been almost impossible to fuck up, you hire some guy with no style, make him watch the dollars trilogy on repeat for a month until he absorbs it and then set him lose on some desert somewhere. Once you get that bit down pat you can MAYBE think about the new york bits and potentially a flashback sequence or two for roland to show off the visual variety.

How do you fuck this up?

Yes, it was. A few bad scenes didn't ruin the whole thing.

I even really liked The Shining mini, but I'm a Rebecca De Mornay fan and I think Steven Weber is an underated actor.

Too bad a lot of these SK mini were bad though. Bag of Bones was aweful. I loved the book, but that series was shit. It wasn't as bad as Desperation or The Tommyknockers, but pretty close.

BLAINE?

They probably couldn't get the google playing Roland to understand the plot with the interconnected realities and the different timelines so they said 'fuck it' and made a reshoot of the 6th Sense.

i liked the one about calla after that but it's really downhill from then imo

>The mist
>Good adaptation
lol

I think the first 3 books are great (The Waste Lands being the best and definitive DT book as far as tone and imagery is concerned), but Wizard and Glass was the beginning of the end for me. The rest are worth the read (the ending is pretty cool, even though lots of people didn't like it), but it gets bogged down in too many characters and worlds for it's own good. It's too epic in scale and I really feel like King rushed the writing because he was affraid of dying before having finished it.

The Long Walk

TLW would be pretty good in movie form. They could use it to plant the seeds of the future we see in Running Man and make that the sequel (RM book, not Arnold movie.)

I always felt these 2 stories were in the same universe, but in a diffrent era of the future each.

>only read the first book
>have no idea what's going on in that

I was expecting distilled kino, what the fuck did I just watch

Cujo was good. It might feel a little dated or underwhelming if you're expecting some huge plot or something. This is just a normal family going through a though time and a rabid dog being the icing on the cake of the shit they're going through.

Cat's Eye was great. Quitters, Inc and The Ledge are among my favorite King shorts.

Tommyknoker book is a fast read even with the size of it. it was written by a guy on drugs and it feels like you're that way too when you read it. it's not great, but better than the mini they made about it.

If you liked Carrie, read/watch Firestarter.

How is Detta supposed to call him a "honkey muh'fuh" if he's as black as she is?

well... fuck

Start by getting a nice girlfriend and then watch her getting fucked by a big black cock.

Skeleton Crew and Night Shift.

not bad, but not kino.

You and King both can dad a choke on my dick.

It's completely believable. TLW sets the ground for the oppressive authoritative government/media and Running Man is the logical conclusion of that.

I think Matthew McConaughey will be the only good part of this movie, like how Ewan Mcgregor was the only good part of the Star Wars prequels. He'll probably be decent.

the intro was tits

youtube.com/watch?v=WUAvTn3uz5w

The trailer was painful to watch, and I am not referring to the quality of the video, it's just annoyingly terrible content.

Are the execs in Sony just trolls trying to bankrupt their company?

Not sure what you people are expecting. The original story is a seven-book-long epic with so much shit going on that it overflows into other Stephen King series. Or rather, they overflow into this. There's almost no way to adapt it all into a single movie.

The way I see it, this movie's goal should be to serve as a sort of vignette that pays homage to the ideas present in the book while offering some idea of a proper ending, which is the only thing the books didn't do. If you WANT the full story, go read the damn books. There's no good way to faithfully reproduce the kind of whack-ass story King wrote in those, you'd have to cut out or change so much, why even bother? Why not just re-evaluate the entire approach and create something fresh?

I'm really sick of people who just want 100% identical copypastas of everything across the board. This is why, despite being a bigger market than ever before, modern entertainment is stagnant as fuck.

I don't even know shit about the series but this is absolute flop tier. MM as the villain? Wtf were they thinking? He doesn't even fit. Not to mention the overly generic storyline. I imagine there's more in the books but this doesn't look like it has subtlety at all. It's just another "chosen one dragged into a world of eternal conflict with pre-existing villain that plans to destroy chosen one's world" flick. Nothing separating this from other flicks of the genre. Fucking Jewish trickery at work again. Nothing creative at all. Fuck them. Fuck them all.

The Lord of the Rings is a great example of a huge epic that was adapted well. They didn't put everything in, they knew what to keep and what to cut. A faithful adaptation isn't impossible, it's just difficult, and Sony is too lazy to do it.
They'd rather half-ass it and label any criticism against it as racism. It's easier that way.

If adaptations were more faithful then the vast majority of them wouldn't be shit.

Dark Tower isn't exactly ebin in scope like LOTR or Game of Thrones. It revolves around 4 main characters, it doesn't feature any large battles or giant monsters, books 4 and 5 are basically skippable. While its a shitty idea, it's still very possible to squeeze Dark Tower into 2 hours and still end up with something watchable.

This is literally wrong and you are autistic.

There's nothing wrong with making changes, especially in a series with a hard on for alternate worlds like The Dark Tower.

The problem is that it's a generic by the books Hollywood adaption trying to appeal to everyone.

mirror?

>jii.moe/EyZnyyBAW.m4v
Doesn't work. Mirror?

Will we get to see /ourguy/?

Why would you not link it in the OP you utter sperg?

vid.me/MQG8

Literally looks like a fucking tween fantasy film akin to twilight. How can you fuck up the source material THAT badly?

How come Sony is still alive?

>racists BTFO that a black guy is taking their precious acting rolls

>vid.me/MQG8

my exact thoughts

So it's Donnie Darko in Narnia: The Movie?

sadly true

>trailer leaked

yeah dont post a link or anything you fucking goonsquad

BRIGHT AND EARLY FOR THE DAILY RACISTS
HONKY MAHFA
HONKY MAH FA AH AH

it's already been linked in the thread shitface

>"Rose Madder"
Yeah, that totally wouldn't trigger the misogynistic permavirgins from Cred Forums. did you forget madmax and ghostbusters?

Blaine was the best.

Everyone releax and breath. Just think about how good the eventual remake will be in a few decades.

kek Sony is literally a meme studio

King adaptations are usually ass as it is, and they just compound it by casting a nigger.

By then every character will be black, including Oy, except for the the Crimson King and Walter.
And it'll be a stoner comedy.
>DUDE KA LMAO

Here they are stitting on him:

Tell me about Blaine! Why does he run so fast?

Who're you referring to? Was it that black wizard? I's been a few years.

I also only read book 1. this movie must not be for us user.

Cujo was awful. I don't even know why I read it. I was pretty depressed at the time so it must have been self punishment. King was so fucked up on drugs he can't remember writing it.

I thought wizard and glass was the worst book. It was hard getting through that but I persevered. If you couldn't get past it I wouldn't recommend the rest, it kinda stays hard reading then gets into utter retarded shit.

what this user said

fuck yea dont fear the reaper ftw

i want a talisman adaption miniseries but im worried at the amount of pedos in that book

You're mistaken user, it will only be Chinese in this movie. They'll be the only ones to survive the purge.

>DEY JUS DIN HAVE DEYSEFS NUFF POKIN WIF DEM HONK OFAY MAHFAHS

>AH JUS WAN SEE DAT POKIN! LAWS!!

its going to be so fucking bad. its going to redefine terrible. who is going ot play the big fat woman he sodomizes with his guns?

at least a trilogy. even for the original print of it without all the extra stories and shit the uncut version had.

I just want HAWK LAUDER to roll past the Ka-Tet with carrie riding shotgun, with Cujo hanging out the window in Christine while BABY CAN YOU DIG YOUR MAN plays on the radio, on the way to kick Flaggs ass.

why couldnt King just give us what we had earned as his readers, instead of the bullshit he shit out.

i just want them to play ROCK LOBSTER when the lobstrosities show up in book 2.

I think he just lets movies be movies now and doesn't give a shit.

He has gotten involved with movies and tv shows so much and it typically hasn't worked out nearly as well other takes he didn't deviating from the material (see The Shining). Since nearly all his books become fucking movies he has had to stop caring.

Does anyone really give a shit about Jake compared to the other characters? I didn't dislike Jake but having him be the character we see the world from instead of Roland or Eddie is fucking mistake.

youtu.be/5bZZtJVQSLY?t=29s

You manchildren know that no one really gives a fuck if it follows books or not? This shit isn't made 4U and 90% of the movie going population have no fucking clue about these books and just want to see a cool movie?

And who gives a fuck if they change the color of someones skin in a film, its based off a FICTIONAL CHARACTER in a FICTIONAL MOVIE, I could understand your manrage if this was about JFK and they cast a chink or something to play him but ITS FANTASY.

>jii.moe/EyZnyyBAW.m4v

What the fuck man.

WHAT THE FUCK.

BLEGH

Holy shit. This is a fucking travesty. And King stands idly by and sucks up all the fucking money while they butcher his self-proclaimed Magnum Opus.

Fuck.

The Stand would make for a good TV show.
Sadly all adaptions of Kings works were absolute shit so far.

His race does matter because it's important in the books. He's a descendant of King Arthur and his guns are forged from Excalibur. He's compared to Clint Eastwood multiple times, his blue eyes are mentioned, and he's called a honky by Detta. We fans care what he looks like because if Sony fucks up his race just to sell a political agenda they'll probably fuck up everything else too. The trailer confirms they have.

Hey that's awesome.

How the fuck do you come to the decision to cut out the part where the big old house Jake is in re-purposes itself into a giant and tries to eat him? That scene kind of reads like King was picturing it being adapted on screen. Hell, a lot of his writing does. I'll always be mad.

>Hell, a lot of his writing does
i agree, i think it's mostly because of the movies he's famous so he tries to make his book seem like a script for a movie to entice directors and producers into giving him royalty money

I always assumed it came from his love of movies and how many he probably watched as a kid. He gets into that a bit with Eddie.

Speaking of whom
>best character
He had a piece of Cuthbert and a hell of a lot more development.

You mean every book after Wizard and Glass

I want a Wind Through the Keyhole standalone film.

>wanting slavish adaptions

you will never be satisfied this way

He should have just stayed with the Dark Tower series till it was finished. I loved the first book, the second was alright. The rest of them were fucking bad. When he introduced himself into the plot of his own book I was done with it and I was done with him.

King will defend it for money, it's advertising and cash

He'll call anyone against it a bigot like every corporate hack does nowadays

>because he is terrified of being called "racist"
Its like everyone on Cred Forums thinks this is all anyone cares about. Have you seen some of the shitty adaptations of his books? He obviously hasn't given a shit for 30 years. It has nothing to do with race.

>liberal retards
What besides that baseless post leads you to think this? I have never heard him talk about his politics. He doesn't seem like he cares about it all that much.

>movie focuses on Jake
>he jumps into a magic portal instead of dying horribly in the street
>looks like it's mostly set in new york

JUST

Fuck you Alian was best bro...he had THE TOUCH.

i really really hope this shit flops like the biggest flop of all time and we get a hard reboot in 10+ years

motherfuckers, fuck you Stephen king you motherfucker

im so angry

Well that looks shit

But Jake did get into Mid-world through a portal in the house...

>it didn't even try to eat him
'no'

>Cruz, Paul and Rubio, all running for President. Hey, I thought I was supposed to write the horror stories.
>Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration act is gay discrimination, pure and simple. You can frost a dog turd, but it's still a dog turd.
>Could a woman of Chris Christie's size be taken seriously as a presidential candidate? Just asking, although I think I know the answer.
>Revised Tea Party Gospel: "Suffer the little children come unto me. Unless they're undocumented kids from Central America."
>Multiple gunshot wounds last night at Red Rocks. We regulator booze and tobacco; it's time to regulate firearms.
He never shuts up about it.

Whatever you say.