Overlooked Horror

ITT give overlooked horror recs.

Pic related would have been memorable under any circumstances, but the fact it was one if Adam (You're Next) Wingard's movies made it especially memorable.

May have been the most realistic portraits of a serial killer I've ever seen, and the 'love story' angle was just astoundingly soul-crushing.

This probably isn't that overlooked but it's the best Japanese horror movie I've seen so I'll post it anyways.

Is staunton hill worth watching?

For horror anthologies I always see recs for Creepshow or Trick r Treat, but don't usually see people mention Tales of Halloween. Lot of good segments.

What is it about? I'm all but certain that there is something that makes an American would-be actress giving up her dreams to be in some shitty dogmuncher flick.

This stuff really hearts my heart. Don't these people even have souls?

I honestly like these guys. How can they even do that shit?

Soulless.

Yep, it was quite good. Also:
Dead of Night (1945)
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Asylum (1972)

And watching Onibaba and Goddam if Jitsuko Yoshimura isn't the hottest thing I've seen lately. And she's beating the hell out of a wet cloth with a club. Was she doing a wash?

I love that movie. Glad others do too.

Satan's Black Wedding and Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes.

Basically, I like horror in northern California for some reason, as both of these are.

Any more? Thought not.

great movie but holy shit that poster is so bad, it makes it look like a shitty strait to video slasher flick, When its nothing like that

>Adam Wingard
All of his movies looked stupid to me, but I decided against my better judgment to give Blair Witch a shot.
You're gonna have to try pretty hard to get me to watch another of his after that.

A Horrible Way To Die is completely different from all the other crap he's made. It blows my mind that he was behind it.

Maybe if I could read it I'd check it out.

pontypool

It's a meme. It's awful.

Southbound is great if you haven't seen it.

Yeah, this is my favorite Japanese horror movie I've seen.

Highly underrated.

Honestly this will be a cult classic given time.

>it's another autist screams incoherently which is supposed to signal that it's scary I guess scene

That movie was shit.

Title is in the filename.

this . Wasted my time on this and the other overhyped Jap movie Audition.

I'm the only one I've seen bring The Children (2008) up. It's a rare talent to be able to make children actually scary.

The Collector & Sequel

Incredibely overrated dogshit. The tinfoilhat guy was funny as fuck, though.

Try this is you want dank Japanese horror.

That movie sucks balls. Why do nu-males always rec this?

>Fight Club with added dismemberment
Pass

The Birds

Backcountry (2014) did to camping what Jaws did to swimming for me.

>Sion Sono

Sounds similar to Who Could Kill a Child?.

I liked The Invitation for what it was.

I love this movie. It's very 80s cheese.