Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/westworld-map-and-contract/
youtube.com/watch?v=ODZE5peUfWQ
articles.latimes.com/2000/oct/05/local/me-31768
m.ocregister.com/news/changes-143726-disneyland-orange.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VlHpAXIwdpA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ti3jGb1lk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because (in the movie at least) it's expensive as fuck to go there. Like $2,000 a day or something.

It's 40k a day in the show

Jesus, that's pretty funny.

You do have to. When you pay to enter the park, you're paying for a stay of a certain amount of time. If you try to hide out in the park beyond what you paid for, you get in trouble.

Pretty steep, yeah, but we don't know what that inflated future money equates to in our dollars.

According to the official lore the max stay is like 3 weeks, and you cannot extend a stay for any reason after arriving.

28 days is the max time you can stay.

>paying 40k a day to go fuck robot whores
Why not pay way less money and time to go fuck actual whores.

if you've never been to a themepark, you wouldn't understand

> Read this: slashfilm.com/westworld-map-and-contract/

in a few years, the US dollar will be worthless, so this is obviously a scifi, fantasy hybrid show

No it's 4000$ a day

youtube.com/watch?v=ODZE5peUfWQ

It's not just the fucking robot whores. I imagine there's a huge market for history buffs and civil war aficionados going out there for an opportunity to play cards, sip whiskey and get in a gunfight in the town square.

What a gay fucking business model.

Optimise the whole process, build bulk robo whores, whole facility is just rooms to fuck robowhores. Instantly 100x the revenue and way less over-heads.

i bet the world has plenty of discount robopussy for the degenerates

westworld is for the rich, to live out their fantasies.

You sound like an autistic virgin.

You missed the point of it all.

How do they stop a dude from accidentally raping a chick he thinks is a robot?

Yeah but entertaining richfags isn't Ford's main concern though. Pretty sure what he cars about is creating real AI, but at some point he realized he had to generate money so that he could keep fucking around with his robots, so he made the park that has the added benefit of putting the robots in situation with real humans so that they get practice and he gets to check up on how his AI is progressing.

Perhaps they will explore that

The working theories are either the hosts automatically try to break up any guest-on-guest confrontation, or control center crew arrive and deal with the situation.

or maybe the park just lets it play out, they're already freed of liability.

Insects are infecting the robots with consciousnesses.

Or even violence.

They nerfed bullets. But someone could pick up an axe and smash someones head in thinking it was just robot.

I wonder if they have a day pass for kids who get brought there while their parents bisy being black hats.

Because if you read the interviews host are as much lifeguards as they are robots so they will intervene if you go out of the way to harm a guest. Oh and there is no stumbling upon them by accident either since the host will have narrative to ensure your stick to your "route". And they are monitored all the time.

>bring kids
>they get raped by other customer

t-t-t-thanks roboland

So choosing your hat before you enter is basically choosing the script youb play into, yet you can just ignore that script and do whatever anyway?

Anthony Hopkins speech at the end of the recent episode would clear this up for you

>they will intervene if you go out of the way to harm a guest

Great if they have time to react. But a person could whack someone in a split second with no warning.

costs shit loads of money retard

>brexit dropped the pound sterling to its lowest in a long while
>US dollar still worth less
lmao

probably a safeword to show you're a guest, along the lines of "I'm a human you fucking retard"

Once you have your blood up and are mid-rape, its pretty hard to stop.

Pretty sure they screen people who enter the park. Regardless guest to guest interaction should be up to suspension of belief because the theme of this show is interaction with AI. Besides there are bigger loopholes to question, like why would you store thousands of robots, most who are mistreated, some whom have killer persona programmed into them and the only thing holding them back from everyone else is a bunch of code which has been shown that it can be overwritten, glitched out or bypassed.

Probably some kind of limit on their shrinking machine, I wouldn't want to stay like that for longer than a week anyway

I swear this show is the ultimate pleb filter. The same retarded shit keeps being said everywhere.

Does Ed Harris' character stay in Westworld because he keeps paying to go back in or did he slip through the cracks and has been in there for 30 years without anyone noticing? When the employee was talking about him he just said 'guest', you'd think that someone who had been a repeat visitor for 30 years would be well known.

do they force you to leave?

>Great if they have time to react.
How is that different from real life? If you go to Disney World and decide to stab some kid, no security guard will be quick enough to stop you.
There's no consequence for mistreating the bots in Westworld but why would you think that you can just get away with attacking real people?

kys

the contract to enter the park is much like a baseball ticket. by going you agree to not hold liable the company for any bodily harm or damage including death. there is mandatory insurance included in the ticket price. the park has suffered several casualties, including death "by tumbleweed". it's a dangerous place, but it's not like guests die in droves. it's a rare occurence.

just google "deaths at disneyland" and you'll have a good idea.

Yes. You cannot extend your trip either.

Another retard who didn't pay attention. He clearly states "This time I'm not going back." in episode 2. This tells two things from what we know so far. He can leave the park and he is human unless there is another twist.

the hosts are definitely kidnapped real people

Nah dude... The Hosts are actually Guests and the Guests are really the Hosts. WHAT A TWEEST!

I get the feeling the whole maze thing is going to be a big waste of time leading to a damp squib

>stab some kid fantasy

Reported

The staff members clearly know he's here.
When he's in the mexican village killing everyone to intimidate Lawrence some dude at the headquarters asks the chief of security whether he should try to slow him down (because I assume a customer going on a rampage and killing half your bots is kind of annoying as it'd force them to reset the world sooner than they might like to), and the other guy says "This gentleman gets whatever he wants". Also if you ask the chatbot on the WW website who the MiB is, it'll replay "a VIP guest".
The question is what makes him VIP? Is it just because he's probably their most regular/oldest customer or does it have anything to do with the "critical failure" that happened 30 years ago.

Reported for announcing report.

>The question is what makes him VIP?
You will find out in William's story arc.

Isn't it boring to interact with NPC with set objectives/quests and no real emotions?

Would probably have to actively be accidentally raping a human. Robots tend to follow a set script trying to lead you into some fucking quest, unless you veer it off with conversation or actually trigger its scenario mode.
A human, will be human unless they're some hardcore RP autist that has been training in the lingua franca of a frontier town from the 1860s for 10 months and has a closet full of repro clothes that they've been allowed to bring in. If the bitch tells you to "fuck off" she's probably not a robot. If the bitch is walking around just gawking and gaping at shit, she's probably not a robot. If she's mugging and posing for a selca using predetermined minute hand gestures signaling to the eyes in the sky to zoom in and snap her for later perusal, she's probably not a robot. If she walks all retarded through sand and uneven ground, she's probably not a robot. If she's asian and ching chonging with a white person ching chonging back, she's probably not a robot but that white person probably is. And there's probably park security persons and an etiquette enforcement protocol in the robots to tell you to swerve off on a human bitch until you both sign a consent form for human on human congress, along with a string of words to confirm you are still in a consensual act should you take it in a kinky direction.

Hopefully yeah.

This is exactly why Ford shuts down Sizemore's shitty storyline idea at the end and is instead focused on the "subtleties" with his reveries.

The same way they keep you from raping people in real life.

Ed Harris has been coming there for 30 years and didn't even get to level 2? What a fucking noob

unironically this.

what the fuck has he been doing with his life

Grinding. He is looking for the end game now.

I'm betting that the big reveal for him will be that the maze is just another bullshit story the Westworld folks came up with to occupy his time, and that they've been doing it for the last 30 years just so he feels like his life has some meaning.

>Multiple seasons already planned
>Implying they are going to blow their load S1

Rumor is that he's also a Host.

>How is that different from real life?

because its a world were you are walking around killing/raping perfect human replications.

Exactly

>The question is what makes him VIP?
Maybe he's a board member or shareholder or something in the company that runs the park?

So if you're playing videogames and someone walks into your room you're likely to get up and stab them in the neck?
Look, Westworld has guns that can only hurt hosts, so we could assume they have some other safeguards to prevent guests attacking other guests. First it's probably strongly discouraged to use anything other than guns to attack people (only the MiB is seen using a knife), then you also have that thing where hosts will rush to a guest's help whenever necessary, so the actual risks of someone accidentally harming another real person are really low.

>implying it wouldn't be fun to watch the staffers stringing along a 60 year old edgelord into ordering more and more esoterically named items from the secret menu, that are actually normal menu items but he's too old and out of touch to know better

Seems a bit too mundane. His special status is implied to be important.

>He is a host
Stop it. He isn't a host. The entire theme of Westworld is AI and human interaction. Which is why MiB being a host is fucking stupid and if it is real, an instant drop of the show because it is dumb writing. The same way people always ask in this thread about guest and guest interaction. This is the lowest level of TV viewing and people still can't grasp the basic concept of themes.

He has been playing the shit out of the game. Imagine how many trips it would take to do every story line probably a dozen times, follow every individual character, chase every detail. Down to the point where he knows the tune Lawrence whistles when he takes a leak.
I love the creativity that went into the secret storyline. You have to kidnap and torture the gambling dealer in the starting town for information, and the map to the secret area is under his scalp.

>people still think MiB is William
The MiB doesn't even have Williams face mole ??

Except Disneyland has been sued and even lost a kid got killed on Roger rabbit and it was Disney's fault same with sailing ship Columbia they payed out big when they were negligent.

articles.latimes.com/2000/oct/05/local/me-31768
m.ocregister.com/news/changes-143726-disneyland-orange.html

So Ben Barnes is James Brolin and Jimmi Simpson is that other guy?

This.
Also Nolan said they wouldn't do the "x was actually a host all along" shtick because it'd be pretty pointless and compared it to "Pulling out the rug entirely".
The Westworld staff are humans, the MiB is human and that's that. This isn't Bladerunner, the central theme isn't the blurry lines between human and not human, it's actually about showing us characters that we know are robots and seeing how their intelligence will evolve and reach sentience.

stop dude

just admit you're comparing apples to oranges

I don't understand how people are even debating if he's human or not...

The story control team was viewing his interactions and controlling the situations. They even said something like "Give him whatever he wants."

How is that comparing apples to oranges. They have specific safeguards to avoid human-on-human attacks. Just because you're surrounded by robots doesn't mean there are suddenly no more laws. The outside world still exists and if you commit murder the staff will come get you and you'll go to jail.

Yeah there's a lot of very specific lines of dialogue making it certain he's a real dude
>been coming here for 30 years
>this is why I keep coming
>I'm not paying that much money to be here for you to make it easy for me
>this gentlemant gets whatever he wants
>Aeden specifically refering to him as a "VIP guest"

They might not even know he's a host. Maybe it's a secret project by Hopkins.

william is a cuck

Would acts of pedophilia be allowed in the park???

No. Fuck you. See

They are looking for the EBIN TWEEST. They want it to be MiB is a host or Bernad is a host all along which is plausible since Hopkin's storyline is the only one with a human/human interaction so far and they are playing up the God/Satan angle, remembering that God did create Satan who then perverted his creations which Bernad is doing currently because they don't want the tweest to be william is MiB due to how telegraphed it is.

>His special status is implied to be important.
Yeah, of course a company wouldn't take
every possible step to make its top executives feel more special, like giving them special expensive health care, or special paid vacations, or cars, or trips, or 7-8 figure salaries, or full access to their own facilities. Unheard of in both fiction and the real world...

I just hope his full name is not William Ford because it'd be quite silly.

>stab someone who you thought was a robot
>he's a real person
>you go to jail for life

hmmmm don't think so

In the end Ed Harris gets torn to shreds by robots when they remember he literally raped and killed them all at some point before
Screencap this

I'd like it if in the end he is just some lonely old man that the park staff keeps entertained. The Man in Black from the original movie was basically a proto-Terminator, so it would defy expectations at least if one of the hosts malfunctioned and kicked Ed Harris in the balls and he immediately gets scared shitless after being untouchable for 30 years.

Endgame for season 3 of Westworld's Funniest Home Videos: Watch as this old man skinny dips in a milk bath in what he thinks is nanite conductive gel used for park robot neural net which he believes will allow him to more deeply interface with robots in a emotional and deep conscious level.
But actually, it's just recharge pond of Bad Dragon cum lube we use for our park robots sexual discharge. Cue Price is Right horn sound.

>William Ford
Meant MiB. I just recalled he hasn't got a name yet.

You can't stab someone who isn't a robot because the guest don't fucking interact with one another. The robots keep you out of others narratives and vice versa. Literally the only plausible excuse is that you step off the train and start stabbing everyone you see.

I meant his special status is implied to be important TO THE PLOT ya goof. What's the fucking if it's just "Yeah nah he's important because he's our boss". It's like people saying the maze might lead to the WW headquarters. That would be retarded and underwhelming, do you just imagine Ed Harris reaching the end of a tunnel and finding himself face to face with Ford who planned a "BESTEST CUSTOMER EVER" party for him?

I do. Then again you're literally speculating about unimportant bureaucratic details in a scifi TV show, but there could be dozens of ways to avoid that.
>get customers to sign a waiver freeing them from any responsibility in case of injury or death
>hosts most important program is to keep guest from getting hurt (this is confirmed to be in the show btw)
>the guns can't hurt real people
>maybe they strongly advise against using anything other than guns
>maybe there is some kind of way to accurately identify hosts in case you have a doubt
And so on. You're literally looking for writing issues where there are none.

>In the end Ed Harris gets torn to shreds by robots when they remember he literally raped and killed them all at some point before
That's the whole point of the show. Hosts progressively remembering the torture they suffered at the hands of the guests and turning violent because of it.

That image is dumb

are all the guests in the same world

There's also the other worlds, but idk if the show has them. They have the potential to tap into any audience.

It's a nod to literally everyone misusing the word "timeline" when talking about the William=MiB theory.

Yes. I assume they all start in the same cycle as well. Which is why you can't stay beyond the date you plan to leave.

>[on train] this isn't just a place to fuck whores and kill people..
>arrives and proceeds to do nothing but be sadistic and shag wax droids

Probably the omniscient viewing system and the security team that is trained to fight fucking robots with p90s.

>have a chance to create any world
>create a fucking westeme themed park

what the fuck
I always hated this kind of shit, it is so fucking boring
why didn't they create a medieval world, a fantasy, or a scifi world

fuck

I feel like in the end they might pull something like "zion is the second layer of the matrix" for the glitching robots

they already mentioned they had a 'spooky who dunnit' scenario over 10 years ago

>living in a fucking sci world where it's possible to mass produce Bayesian methology robots
>make an even more scifi world
Would you even be able to process what someone in 2070 thought was sci fi?

>medieval world
Can't even have a fun fight with a robot.

I feel like william and his friend are just a mirror of the movie's protagonists. Mib is just a human Yul Brynner in this case.
Plus to do another time travel gimmick so soon after interstellar? Jon Nolan is predictable but he's not retarded.

Sounds like a modern bethesda game.

Nobody said there was time travel involved.
It's just heavily suggested that William's scenes aren't happening at the same time as the rest of the show "with the MiB and such".
Now the theory is that William is in the park "30 years ago", aka when the first big shitstorm happened. This might indeed be a "remake" of the original movie and William & Logan are indeed meant to be the movie's protagonists.
None of that is certain but it seems pretty likely given what we've seen so far.

Who cleans up after a bloodshed?
The NPCs and after they go to sleep?

>why didn't they create a medieval world, a fantasy, or a scifi world
Because they're from the USA, which is probably one of the few countries in the world so largely obsessed with some stupid war that happened 150 years ago.
Just imagine what the Americans of the future will be like: rich people will probably some family connections to the West, or they'll see pictures of now-extinct buffaloes or read about Billy the kid or some shit and imagine what that life would be like. In the future they probably teach them the darkest time in their history was the wild West, definitely not the Cold War or the current age.

they freeze the npc's remotely and clean up crews arrive in character or close off area

Yeah seems like Western is just the current theme. That or Western has some clear cost advantage over anything else.

the problem with that theory is that Dolores is the oldest host in the park and apparently her role/scenario haven't changed at all for 30 years

GUESTS DON'T SEE EACH OTHER IF THEY'RE NOT IN THE SAME GROUP YOU MORONS

>le mighty euro is better than stupid americano

Meanwhile Europe is likely a Caliphate or New Soviet state by the time Westworld rolls around.

>the problem with that theory is that Dolores is the oldest host in the park and apparently her role/scenario haven't changed at all for 30 years
That could be the case desu. Everyone seems to consider Dolores to be unlike any other host, so maybe they just never changed her role out of affection/nostalgia.

you're an idiot

Not an argument.
Look the original point that was made was "hurr why can't people just go around murdering real people?". I quoted specific measures that are mentioned in the show to keep you from doing just that. Sure, they're not going to garantee nothing bad can happen, but real life is the same in that regard.

>you will never be the guy to clean the litres of semen out of Evan Rachel Wood's android vagina

But is it real suffering if it's just Programmed?
Back then they weren't sentinent

>this is a 10/10 in America

You are a very stupid "person".

Is that true?

So they would see Hosts react and talk to invisible beings?

Well, that's uncertain, but considering the way the more recent hosts are built, you could suppose that the pain and immediate distress they feel in reaction to it is real.
Don't forget they have machines that can pretty much repair and create and part of the human body that they want, and at one point the madame has MRSA, so the hosts are physically almost human, which means they can get sick and feel pain. What's different is their mind.

Not an argument, neck yourself nerd.

Everyone is in their own version of the park, of the "software"

>this is a 10/10 in britain

That's completely wrong though. The place is a real location, so as long as two people are in the park at the same time they can see and interact with each other just fine.

is she a real redhead or dyejob?

>tu quoque fallacy
See? Your country is full of stupid people and it has one of the worst cases of selective historical memory out of the whole world.
My implication was that Americans are so largely obsessed with the West or the Civil War because such a young unrefined nation has literally nothing to obsess over.

I'm not even European but when I see the amount of effort and money your countrymen put into reliving shit nobody in their right minds should care about, I just can't help but feel embarrassed.

>the place
I meant the park*

>But is it real suffering if it's just Programmed?
>Back then they weren't sentinent
It doesn't matter if they're sentient at a previous time. If they can recall flashes of memories from past events and they're sentient now, they can apply "What makes me feel pain and horror" from this point to recollections of that point.

Didn't they already debunk the VR theory since they physically entered the park in ep 2?

I really don't know what happened to her face in such a short time. She looked so much better when she was dating Manson or when she played Mickey Rourke's daughter in the Wrestler. Brunette ERW is definitely a 10/10.

she reminded me of a less attractive Lily James

I still haven't seen episode 2, but is there a clear explanation how days/weeks/narratives work in Westworld?
It seems that hosts reset after sleeping, going into their everyday narratives, but close to the end of the episode 1 the dick writer says they'll have to use the Hector storyline earlier, before the end of the week. So are there some overarching narratives spread across the daily routines?

its more than likely the hosts have a daily sequence unless they are interacted with by a guestbut this doesn't explain the James Marsden bit beginning of the season

God if they ruin this show by trying to horrify the audience every week I'll be really disappointed.

You dumb fucks. Everytime deloroes wakes up it is the start of a new narrative cycle.

>Dolores is the first host ever
>described as special to some
>still works after 30+ years

>Old Bill is the second
>special to Ford himself
>fucking decommissioned

i just want more Michael Wincott

in the original film and novelization Medieval World has knights you can sword fight with. Like the Westernworld hosts they are incapable of harming guests and programmed to lose after a brief struggle. One eventually does kill a guest however.

This whole process is overly complicated.

If it were up to me, there'd be two areas: "Murdertown" and "Fucktown." Keep shit simple. Also have a giftshop for the kids.

They probably are constantly cleaning up when no one is watching

There are hundreds of hosts, they probably do it subconciously without even thinking about it.

Yeah, for her.
There are larger narrative cycles that span 2 weeks or more. And then there are the daily questgiver types that mill around in town and do the same shit.

Would they kick you out of the park if you went on a murder spree right out of the gate?

I'd imagine they'd be fine with you Jeffery Dahmer'ing it up on your lonesome, but would they tolerate someone fucking up every plotline by reenacting columbine right after they got off the train?

i've seen this post before

They don't go for the prozzies, they go so they can do whatever the fuck they want without any real consequences.

No, they will curb your homicidal tendencies if you're costing them more than what's covered in the ticket. Unless you are a VIP like MiB and you buy the diamond package. Includes vivisection and loli rape. Loli vivisection optional.

The boss of it all didn't really seem to care much about the money, I think he just monetized it so he had money to fund his future projects in that little "world".

Well its not going to happen since its a park for rich successfull people, not for NEETs with hatred and envy towards everyone else.

The entire westworld runs on a narrative cycle of 28 days. It would make no sense if someone went on the hector quest, killed him and he still fucking turns up the next week. Same if he kills deloroes. For a company that is so particular about nor breaking narrative, having host resurrected the next day is pretty fucking stupid.

lad in the first episode says
>that's basic, level one
>you ride outta town - that's where the real demented shit begins
unironically what did he mean by this? outta town there's only gotta be outlaws, indians and occasional farmers
also if he mentioned level one does that mean that the maze is common knowledge, it's just that nobody really knows how to get there?

>go to Westworld
>kill Delores
>wear her clothes
>sleep in her bed
>do her activities
>pretend to be her for duration of stay to see if the hosts accept me as Delores

post the morrowind thing

>not for NEETs with hatred and envy towards everyone else.

Everyone knows it's not real. It's about getting your photo with the dead Hector, something to talk about back in your normie life. That and the rush of murdering something that's eerily human. I'm sure as we see more of the series, the rules regarding NPC respawn will be fleshed out.

any "answer" you get will be nothing more than speculation because no one apart from the people who have read the script really knows

Episode 2 clearly showed there are other towns and settlements outside the main town

That's where the rape, brutal murder, torture, scalping, child rape, and more scalping takes place. town is for roleplay faggots and casuals.

why did they program droids to feel pain?

realism, some of the guests seemed to like seeing the droids in pain too

so that people who cut prostitutes could get their rocks off

It is about not breaking the narrative you dumbfuck. Of course the guest knows it is not real. But they still sell the seamless narrative line to them. The npcs don't respawn within the same cycle. That gives them time to restore the host, clean them, reboot in time for the next cycle. That is so much easier a concept than lmao respawn everyday cause your dumbass watches the show at face value and you don't want to admit you are wrong when the information is already out there.

they don't feel pain, they simulate the behavior of someone feeling pain

ah, finally a decent question. it's hard to judge just how much they "feel". is it mimicry? are they at the mercy of their constructed reality? the situation reminds me of Dark City, where real people have memories implanted that aren't theirs, so their alien overlords can study how they act. it is the tabula rasa: without their scripted storylines and identity, would they synthetic humans be anything at all? or would they become inert?

it seems to me though, the synthetic humans (for that is what they are) feels and experience emotion much as we do. but their brain is not like ours. they are able to divorce aspects of emotion from their cognition. they are programmable, in a direct way that we are not. i would say it is similar but different. they suffer, but the rationale is they cannot remember their suffering. either way you cut it, westworld is an ethical nightmare, that hinges on the idea that the hosts are not humans.

There's an argument to be made that they do feel it but simply forget it ever happened the next cycle.

i think there's just more outlandish and crazy storylines out of town that require more time and suck the guest in more to spending more time and wanting to go on Blood Meridian-esque adventures spending more time/money

i think the jump off point is meant to be quite vanilla and ease people into the process

with Thandie Newton's character its alluding that some are remembering previous memories

we're going to see some more hardcore shit when Will and his buddy ride out of town. hopefully the next episode.

>alluding
They specifically tell you about reveries in the first episode.

There is a philosophical zombie problem. You have no evidence that other people feel the pain the way you do, instead of just simulating it

Yes I know, but it seems that she is able to get past blocks in her memory since she keeps clutching at her stomach. She will eventually remember those men operating on her if she already hasn't realised.

No it's $40,000 a day

Words are the infection vector. Just like what happened in the movie.

>Like the Westernworld hosts they are incapable of harming guests and programmed to lose after a brief struggle.
Which as I said, isn't fun.

>the problem with that theory is that Dolores is the oldest host in the park and apparently her role/scenario haven't changed at all for 30 years

How is that a problem? Maybe the audience and the staff just like her? And it isn't uncommon for parks to have something nostalgic around, she's obviously something that they keep to keep the park familiar. Kind of like a mascot.

the MiB is just really shit at the game, he is like your grandpa trying to play skyrim and not being able to get through character creation - meanwhile everyone else who isnt ancient has been raised on videogames and finds the maze in their first coupe of hours

episode 3 previews

Worth more in pounds now...and we still need to raise our interest rate dude.

What did he say?

Did they...?

your waifu got BLACKED

What did they mean by this?

> less AIDS

Oh fuck is that Musk's ex-wife again?? As a brunette now?

Why would they make robot feel pain if they keep getting raped and killed ?

For the amusement of the guests.

"woo wee look at how she's twitching!"

Inflicting pain with no repercussions is the greatest joy of them all

are you memeing? are you saying you have no control? did i just take the bait?

He said a code phrase that will influence Abernathy to prepare the cold storage hosts for uprising.

Cute in a weird way. She had a great robot ass though. A robutt.

I just thought he told him some comforting words like Dolores will be taken care.

Can't wait for this to be real life. No way guest going back to reality would control their homicidal urges

howd the black guy afford it then

amazing

Shame she is only listed as being in that one episode. Wanted to see her get fucked.

is there a show/movie where james marsden doesn't get cucked

X-Men you can't be cucked when you're dead

that's avicii's hillbilly edm music video you fuck

That black hat guy is a rape baby that was born in west world.

perfect Dick Grayson casting if ever I saw it.

>the park opened to the public 30 years ago
>still that expensive

Does that company have a monopoly on android technology or something? You'd think there would be competition which would lower the prices.

It WOULD be pretty hilarious if Ed Harris finally deciphered everything, reached the maze and got to the end of it only to find a dusty banner saying "thanks for playing!", with a bunch of early funders' names written beneath it and some crappy music playing.

>wanting Chinese manufactured androids with bloated Indian coded firmware on the market
n-no thanks. I'll stick with muh 'Merican made sexbots

Why would someone go after such a specific niche and force a competition they might lose when they could just use the same technology to make their own Medieval World, Samurai World or whatever they know people would go for? Hell, it'd be a safer bet to make a Jurassic Park rather than tussle with the people who made it all happen by going after their defining park's theme.

The price is most probably more bound by the equipment you need to make the park happen, not any monopoly you might have on the idea of such parks.

Its a symbolic choice that the two characters make. Of course, they can actually choose either hat and do whatever they want. It just gives us an idea into how they intend to act.

top kek

>gain 50 pounds
>blame it on a pig

>go to Wild West world for some adventure
>you can shoot random people in the tavern without any of the "people" batting an eye, much less lynching you

What's the fucking point of being able to roleplay a bad guy if you're not going to have a posse come after you after you killed someone or robbed the bank? It's literally less realistic than fucking GTA.

the guy in the first episode says
>now the first time i played it white hat, my family was here, we went fishing, did the gold hunt in the mountains
maybe if you choose the white hat, you get noticed by hosts with more family-friendly scenarios (like the one-eyed guy with his treasure hunt)
and if you choose black one you get more adult stuff
you're free to do any of the scenarios but the hosts gravitate more towards the people with corresponding hat color

Reported for reporting a report announcement.

Host can be killed though unless he's a super special VIP host

he told him he created him and he's crying because he was created by a nigger

I do believe that a sheriff or his deputies will come after you if they hear about you. Other than that you're mainly targeted by outlaws and other scum.

In the original movie the other guy gets arrested and thrown into jail for "murder", but only after it creates a scene with lots of witnesses in a hotel.

The sheriff most likely gets fucked up daily anyway so there's a only a tiny chance of getting involved in a manhunt.

I wonder if they'll have a coupon day or something

King of the Shill

when can i buy one?

Pretty sure they're aware they'd be arrested if they caused harm to another human in the park you dolt

the only explanation i could come up with

>Reddit says he's also a host
ftfy that for you

"i'm in charge here"

Dolores is the oldest host currently in the park, not the oldest host of them all

It's really fucking stupid.
>Create a rich world with a bucn of quests. Basically an mmo, but irl.
>Retarded rich dudebros only want cyberhookers and booze and killing random people.
>Even though they could go to a brother and do the same for way less money.
Blackhat is literally the only non-retarded player in that whole show.

That's retarded.

Well that backfired on you didn't it burger?

So if a young boy chooses the black hat thinking black is really cool, does he get a lot of ss events?

Sign me the fuck up.

They can jail you for some of your playtime in the movie.

We've only seen 3 in the limelight, and 2 are probably the same dude.

The background guests were doing the quests.

It leads to an area where all the safeguards are disabled and he can be hurt or killed.

kids in white hats stay with parents
kids in black hats get to have cool tom-sawyer-huck-finn adventures with niggers and outlaws

Didn't he say that he's going to stay there forever? I think it might be some sort of lifetime pass or some shit like that.

There's a shrinking machine? I thought they just had the park some where in the desert.

>I know you just farted

>mfw hidden jesus-fish
>mfw the hosts are Jesus, dying again and again for the sins of their fathers

America's park is probably the bargain bin experience.
You just know Japan has at least one autistically researched and authentic themed park with artisinal robots, one robot cafe with doll joints everywhere, and one park where guests are obtained by randomly drugging people, tossing them in, and convincing them that they've been trapped within a fantasy RPG game.

Your daughter got raped in 352 times last years. Don't worry you will not remember.

A Snow Crash language virus? Nice

They say in the show that if you commit any real crimes against real people you "shipped back to the mainland" and tried for your crimes.

Cause playing on god mode gets boring after a while

I think that's kinda the point. MiB is the only man who's actually interested in winning the game.

MiB is still enjoying it. After 30 years.

If you go to /vg/ and look at the sort of crazies that keep Mass effect general or Skyrim general alive, MiB is that x6. And he probably ain't shitposting on Cred Forums about it.

There's a virus in that Ed Harris.

Have you not seen the original?

he's good at putting a ball in a hoop

>Become billionaire
>I'm bored
>Casually spend 2 million for 50 days at WestWorld

Just so you know, 2 million is like nothing to billionaires.

I dunno, at least playing those games you can try and make a challenge, restart and level up or whatever again, but playing god mode all the time for decades? Nah.

But maybe the changes they make to the story lines and characters, like how Dolores' dad was the leader of a cult of cannibals, may be enough that he doesn't get bored out of his mind. And this Maze may be the new challenge he needs to stay invested

The amount of 20yr old virgins in these westworld threads really triggers me.

After the first episode there was about 40 Mongos asking if it was VR because they had a 4D map.

>With a annual salary of two million dollars, it would take 500 years to become a billionaire.

It's easy to forget how a billion dollars is an absurdly large amount of money.

I'll post my theory here because like I posted in the other thread because I like it and I want to talk about it:

>William starts going to park
>William meets Dolores
>William falls in love with Dolores
>William believes Dolores can be sentient/he can "wake her up" because "something something I couldn't possibly fall in love with something that's not real, et cetera et cetera"
>Tries to "wake her up"/help achieve sentience
>("major malfunction/incident"
>Host massacred humans in the park
>PRO-TIP: It was Dolores after William "woke her up"
>William = lone survivor from incident. Probably because he and Dolores shared a "moment" where he thinks she knows who he is, whatever, and didn't kill him.
>William given free lifetime pass because of the incident - "That Gentleman can do anything he wants..."
>Spends next 30 years doing anything and everything to Dolores to "wake her up" because he knows "the real her" is in there or something.
>I'm guessing it was because of some sort of shocking incident that woke Dolores. Over time, he does more desperate and depraved methods to her.
>He becomes MiB
>Still in love with Dolores
>Eventually because he has visited so long, knows everyone, hears things about Maze
>Knows The Maze is not for people but made by Ford or Bernard as a sort of built in Turing Test. If any hosts find and complete The Maze it'll prove true sentience.
>Decides to find The Maze for Dolores and show her the entrance because love.

Also:

>Despite best lovey dovey efforts to help her evolve or whatever, Dolores "wakes up" the first time due to something that his buddy, the Logan does. Eventually adopts persona to try and force it again. Like, "it's worth it to wake her up again."

Or:

>William successfully wakes her up because love just before his buddy Logan does something horrible to her and she goes through her computer logic or whatever and decides that the humans must die but saves William.

Also:

>Hector is based on Logan from 30 years ago

That kinda was my point, MiB is basically a turbo-neckbeard who's played the same game for 30 years. And still enjoys killing robot who are literally programmed to let him win.

Also:

>William successfully wakes her up by reading her Shakespeare or something and she realizes the true beauty of love.
>Possibly programmed in by Ford or Bernard to be some sort of memory trigger or something (after all, they use keywords/phrases to control the hosts).
>Being able to access memories/learn from the past are the key to sentience...or something...

I sing the body electric.

to be fair 40k is literally nothing if you have 500 milion networth, and with inflation 40k will be probably around 5k today burger money.

>Why not pay way less money and time to go fuck actual whores.
You cant shoot a real whore, or at lest not shoot and be sure it wont come to bite you in the ass or get you killed.
Kill a whore of an angry pimp and you gonna end up just like her.

We're all missing the important question here:

How much does it cost to lease a Host to take home? They seem to go through them like hotcakes there.

He sold millions of recordings of him talking fast.

He wasn't worthy of wielding mjolnir

Would you?

she the same actress?

yes I would[/yes]

"benis"

Only if she was a robot, girls are icky.

I fucked Ted

they never said that

Ed Harris is human because the producers said they don't want to play on that.

But none of what you imply is a proof. He could be a very special host, programmed to believe he's a player, either to betatest the deepest storylines or to BE the actual "final level" he's looking for (players have to follow his steps to get to the final level). The Guy at the command mistook him for a player and his boss said ironicaly this "gentleman" can do what he wants because he knows what's up and that Ed Harris is a program

or he's just a regular human that likes to fuck bitches and scalp crackaz

Probably would be cheap, but they'd up the price to make going to the park favorable. 15k a day?
Recharging and maintenance would probably be a bitch.

the dude at the center represents the skeleton-muscle-printer in the basement you dimwit, that's a start

Yes. It's on an island.

We know it's hard to get to because the Sizemore guy ask that lady on the balcony when it's her turn to rotate out to her family. That's not just like, an hour drive into Arizona.

They also say when booking their people will contact your port authority to arrange your schedule for you.

I imagine it's on a future Australia, where the whole island has been turned into this park. The ultimate place to shitpost.

At least one of the team is probably a robot right? What if its him?

It does kind of look like that. But what would the point of that shit be? I swear if the maze is some part of the main facility I'm gonna be annoyed.

kek

They make a copy of you and you become a permanent part of the park.

So this is what it looks like to have both an inferiority complex and an extra chromosome

Maze is the final test for self-aware androids. It's the reason it's hidden; if one android gains the self awareness to search for answers, he may find the maze, and be led to the answer of his existence (the machines that made him). Then hannibal lecter will let him out into the world.

Which is why the maze "isn't for you," the man in black

Did none of you fags watch the movie? THAT was the incident 30 years go.
They did.

The website says that they include a stay at a 5 star hotel after your trip so you can unwind and get back to normal

"at long last i have become westworld"-yulelog brenner

If Dolores had harmed someone she would have been put into cold storage.

But the moment a host show any semblance of self awareness or even just deviation from their script, they get thrown into coldstorage

Nah because she was the first one.

They probably had to A.) Prove they fixed her in order to be able to continue operating.

or

B.) They left her in as a test to the update system. A canary in a gold mine, so to speak.

Yeah, exactly. It's not true sentience.

In order for it to be true sentience they'd have to be able to hide the fact that they're sentient and be able to handle the horrors of life and find and complete the maze.

>she's the first one

No. She's just the oldest one that is still active.

Of course that has to be their public policy. Allowing self-aware androids to roam the park is against the stated mission of the park and what the shareholders want. So Ford has to tell his engineers to decommission androids that are glitching, it's what any responsible person would do. But at the same time, he's creating an update that allows androids to access their memories in an ostensibly controlled way. Then he lets chaos/evolution take its course to achieve true self awareness

Quite spectacular.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlHpAXIwdpA&feature=youtu.be

27 Dresses

X-men, Superman returns, enchanted and so on... Poor guy. Even 27 dresses is with Katherine Heigl, so it might as well be a plastic bag full of crisco.

>X-men

How the fuck was he cucked there? He was still with Jean before she "died", she never did shit with Wolverine until after she killed Cyclops by accident.

they kissed in X2

youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ti3jGb1lk

once a host dies they are dead for the day. so if the sheriff is killed in the morning no one will be jailed for the rest of the day.

>forces her to kiss him
>she regrets it instantly and tells him to back off
>cucked

I forgot how fucking forced that love triangle bullshit was in the movies

The Man in Black is named TONY.

The BoyBot said "Tony isn't going to believe this" right before Hopkins sent him away.

I feel like this is really important.

So its just as expensive as Disneyland?

You're an idiot.

MiB says he still pays for the experience in the very first episode.

You will never be able to buy her.

north american peso

Sucks at sex, but can make a good curry chicken.

Im sure certain host dont talk to you depending on hat choice. Like if you wore a white hat, no one would ask you to rape,raid and lynch people. Conversely no ones gonna ask you to milk cows or some shit if you gor a black hat.

Is there really not any limits on what we can do to the lolibots?

>Not an European

Hmm, I wonder who could be behind this post?

I want to do much more than that.

MiB is hopkins brother the little boy is an android hopkins made of his child self. "tony" is the man in black

The guy is an asshole, what more do you expect from him

She's got really bad skin. Like, me-bad skin, and I really let myself go.

>I'm not even European but when I see the amount of effort and money your countrymen put into reliving shit nobody in their right minds should care about, I just can't help but feel embarrassed.

Why should you then? It obvious Americans enjoy the Wild West because to them it's being away from the government and having a sense of being free. It's something they like.

I just realized that the first 2 episodes have 2 different directors. The director of the 2nd episode is most known for directing 44 episodes of CSI from 2000 to 2009.

The phrase that wakes them up is "These violent delights have violent ends" or whatever it is. Dolores's dad said the picture made him ask a question that gave him an answer he was not supposed to know. The answer was that sentence, the sentence that gave him his memory back.
Dolores says it to the hooker and the same thing happens. The black science guy and (maybe) Ford already knows that Dolores is (possibly) a little messed in the brain but the rest of the crew thinks Abernathy just malfunctioned and nobody has any knowledge of the hooker afaik. Especially since her deviant behavior can be described by the stuff the techies found in her guts.
You might find this interesting: Since she got her memory back she will remember seeing all the other synthetics being washed while they were deactivated and nobody will be aware of this. They'll brush off her odd behavior as caused by the stomach infection and assume her memory resets as it's supposed to at the end of her cycle. No cause for concern.

Also I think MiB is more interested in the maze than he's interested in Dolores, and personally I don't find it very credible that William=MiB, but more of a Breaking Bad/Fargo wishful fancy that you guys wish to impose upon the show because you think character development is at its finest if a character becomes someone diametrically opposed to his initial nature. I think this idea is asinine.

Hail Hydra

>most of people go to westworld to fuck android whores
>they can have sex with real whores for much less money
what's the purpose

It not cheating if it is a robot.

Can someone tell me how its implied that William's storyline is set before everything else? Asking for a friend definitely not myself

If I came to Westworld and saw the whores they had to offer I'd want my money back.

He said he knows. He's aware of what's happening, the ethical dilemma, and he'll take care of it. He's fully aware of how lifelike the bots have become, that they are only different from people because we tell ourselves that, and you could put them out on the streets and they'd pass for real human beans.

His conversation with Dolores and him deleting it afterwards shows his internal struggle between doing what he believes is right and doing what's in the interest of the company. The show actually has a lot more depth than a cliché character arc of going from good to bad if you allow yourself to see it.

Guys, I just wanted to ask, do westworld's robots fart? That would be awesome if they had authentic farts.

>Logos are not the same
>not the same hosts, and hosts are not playing the same roles (when it established that hosts play the same role for years)

is there another example of this besides the sheriff/union officer?

No she is ugly and the nose is too big

Madam changed to the big nose
No Teddy
Union instead of sheriff

Are the ones who I can think off the top of my head.

Was it a real gun that Delores finds at the end of episode 2?

We do not know yet, there is some speculation it is.