ITT: TALENTLESS HACKS

I like Bergman

The worst of the canonized mid-20th century Euro directors is pic related

plebs

Fellini was actually the best and also made the greatest film of all time, La Dolce Vita.
Worst was that talentless hack Godard

The Frighteners is goat.

I don't want to sound pretentious, but I think very single art-house director who is considered the best is overrated. I think film still has a long way to go before it becomes truly refined, as it is a relatively new medium.

film peaked in the late 30's / early 40's and has only gotten worse since

Orson Welles.

I saw Citizen Kane. For me it is just a hoax. It's empty. It's not interesting. It's dead. Citizen Kane, which I have a copy of, is the critics' darling, always at the top of every poll taken, but I think it's a total bore. Above all, the performances are worthless. The amount of respect that movie has is absolutely unbelievable.

hi bergman

To add, I saw The Magnificent Ambersons. Terribly boring. And I've never liked Welles as an actor, because he's not really an actor. In Hollywood you have two categories: you talk about actors and personalities. Welles was an enormous personality, but when he plays Othello, everything goes down the drain, you see, that's when he croaks. In my eyes he's an infinitely overrated filmmaker.

you didn't respond to anyone tho

name your top 10 from that era

He should stick to directing trailers

The Adventures of Robin Hood
Bringing Up Baby
The Philadelphia Story
His Girl Friday
The Rules of the Game
Only Angels Have Wings
Gone With the Wind
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
The Dawn Patrol
Gentleman Jim

fellini > godard > bergman

Name your favourites from each director

I'm not a huge Bergman fan, but I absolutely love Persona, and The Magician is really great too.

reverse the order and it'd be correct

Fuck you

lol

Alright, a talentless hacks thread.

Cred Forums reporting in.

Refn is a god

Nolan

I have never seen a more intellectually bankrupt filmmaker. He has never made anything worth watching.

He also keeps making this stupid face.

What's he pointing at?

80's Cameron is GOAT all the way to T2. After that I think the only reason he made films is to fund his deep sea adventures.

Godard is actually the most talented, least hack like director named in this thread. He never made two films in the same way.

you.

False.

He's a good director, but he needs to stay away from the script.

T2 is neutered

Blimp is GOAT

>Gone with the wind

And you really think that's the peak of cinema?
I thought you'd have some impressive choices but nah
Only Renoir and Powell make the cut

Obvious answers allowed? If so then this guy.

They're very different movies. I like T1 more, at least I've re-watched it more times.

Godard - numero deux
Fellini - E La Nave Va
Bergman - in the presence of a clown

OP

Godard
Renoir
Bresson
Truffault

>Renoir

Kys

>T2 is neutered

You're a fucking idiot who needs a bath.

it's a legit great movie

All of those movies are excellent, faggot. The Golden Age was time when story and characters came first. After it ended everything began to split off into two directions, spectacle-driven plebshit or artsy mental masturbation movies for snobs. It wasn't until the late 70's / early 80's that it started to get really bad tho

Anyone who honestly thinks movies have gotten better instead of worse has incomparably bad taste

only agree with truffault

i agree, but your picks were shit for the most part