What are the chances of this being good?

What are the chances of this being good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_VQ2AlA3k
youtube.com/watch?v=bpfZF6H8xMs
youtube.com/watch?v=cItXjlfr4bU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

zero to none

>nigger L

Literally none.

Not good, it has terrible source material to work with. Its only chance is if it deviates so hard that it has no resemblance to it anymore.

director made pic related so probably pretty big

Bait out of ten. Don't be so obvious next time.

>Willem Dafoe as Ryuk
>Margaret Qualley as Misa

At least it's a movie so it'll be over in about 90 minutes or so

it should be spectacularly bad. willem dafoe is going to be in it apparently

that is way down the list on things that are awful for this film. look at the director and cast

Wow.

Did you know that advertising is a bannable offense in this website?

You should fuck off.

He is a good actor.

Considering the anime itself is dogshit and any live action movies based on anime is legitimately worse I say it'll fucking suck.

It isn't about his ethnicity, or skills, but about the fact that he looks, and acts, nothing like L.

>nigger L
>cramming the story into a 90 minute movie

Absolute zero.

i feel like you guys aren't appreciating just how smart of a series death note is

you're probably not getting it. you probably need something like naruto with a bunch of silyly action

He is still a nigger.

if someone had to be a nigger it should've been Light

L is the farthest thing from a black guy

It's fucking anime

Boy this is gonna be so bad
scenes that this will probably have:
Shitty sex scene ala jessica jones
Wise magical negro with wise magical quotes
chess playing scene
L33t haxxor scene
and this will probably potray Light as a nerd who doesn't have any motivation besides being superedgy

>how smart of a series death note is
here's your (You)

i actually like death note stop trying to make us look bad you ironic faggot

>and this will probably potray Light as a nerd who doesn't have any motivation besides being superedgy

So just like Light?

We like the anime, which is why we hate your abysmal movie.

The anime had a great premise. Like most anime, the story gradually turns to shit once they get past the novelty of the basic premise.

Luckily, this movie doesn't appear to be a straight adaptation. They're just adapting the basic premise into an original Hollywood production.

In the end, it will probably end up being better than the anime but all the weeaboos will hate it for not being like the shitty Japanese live action movies.

Did you even watch the anime, or read the manga?

>I DOUBLE TRIPLE BLUFFED YOU!
'smart'

>wise magical negro
Now this I can get into

Honestly this.

If it's just the animoo and the mangoo again, it'll appeal to precisely no one.

If it changes enough it might upset a few autismals but it may just be OK.

>watching anime
>reading manga

Kill yourself, nerd.

>I can do whatever the fuck I want with this book I am a god, fuck the FBI agents they got in my way and deserved to die!

Yeah man, Light wasn't edgy at all.

Not at all.

Only if they change the plot. It's a good premise with terrible execution. Oh, and the characters must act differently. In the anime Light and L are caricatures, not real human beings.

If you don't like anime, nor manga, what are you doing in a thread about an adaptation of anime in a website centered around anime/manga culture?

Crawl back to your fucking hole.

You're an idiot.

this guy looks smarmy enough to be light

And you have no counter-argument, no big surprise.

Pissing off weebs.
Obviously.

No one cares about a talented acting from a shadow.

Maybe you should explain how he's completely wrong?

this. if you think Adam wingard is capable of understanding what makes Death Note so good and translate that to the big screen than watch the Blair Witch remake, also he didn't make a single good movie, debate me faggots

>what makes Death Note good
Nothing. It's a shitty series only for teenagers.

One doesn't argue with idiots, especially if they haven't made an argument themselves.

So, rose timteds glasses make it good?

No they just use ad hominems when they're assholes get splayed out when they're wrong about chinese cartoons.

Stay eternally salty, broham

His argumemt was that light was edgy as fuck because of his god complex.

Was it too hard?

Being a manchild makes it good.

He said that Light is overly edgy and backed it up with examples of Light's behavior from the anime.

That was his argument.

You're Next was trash and Guest was meh, wewuz L, and nu-male looking Light do not promise much

Because le autist cake eating L or le edgy anime character Light would be so much better kek

>Light
>Edgy

Too quiet and reserved to be edgy.

i dont get how they are going to transition to another format and make it good
death note is the characters analysing the situation and plotting the next move 95% of the time, which worked for the anime
movie is probably going to be shit because they will be cramming all the deduction and reasoning in 90 mins and ruin the pacing
hopefully they will change light so he wont be a sociopath with literally no desires other than killing meanies

A retarded teenager thinking he is a god isn't edgy?

I know he's portrayed as a genius but that's anime for you. Only teenagers can take his character seriously.

This. L has a distinctive look. He is pale and has wild hair. A black guy just can't look like that. Not his fault as an actor. The guy in OPs pic doesn't look like light either, so that is also shit. Also L and Kira should look relatively cute which neither of these do.

Honestly it's gonna be shit either way. I'll watch it for the sake of curiosity.

His attitude is superfluous. The fact that he gets off on his power doesn't mean that he has no motivation, or that using that power is his sole motivation, but of course, the idiot is too frivolous and idiotic to see past what is obvious.

Light's motivation is to reform the world according to his ideals; to see his ideals realized in the world, affecting the lives of everyone.

Yes, they are both interesting characters with memorable designs, your point?

Is anime your main hobby?

>le ebin troll baiter xddd upboat me haha
>inb4 mad
nah this is hilarious actually

is replying in an anime thread in an anime image board your hobby?

We are talking about a film and this is Cred Forums.

-Cred Forums is an annonymous anime image board
-this is a movie based on an anime

Satan, how can you tell how he acts she. yyou haven't seen it?

So what? I watched the anime and I wasn't impressed. Your point?

Go to bed, your cognitive abilities seem fuzzy.

>-Cred Forums is an annonymous anime image board
>Cred Forums is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. There are boards dedicated to a variety of topics, from Japanese animation and culture to videogames, music, and photography.
Go away, weeb.

Its called a typo, but the point still stands.

How can you comment on a persons acting in a film you haven't seen?

why would an anime image board have a containment board for anime?

nice backpedaling, going from "le autist and edgy" to "not impressed". my point is you don't have to act like the characters you claim to not be impressed by to make a point, being a passive aggressive faggot isn't the way to go

Read the posts again, and try to comprehend the dialog, before replying again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_VQ2AlA3k

Do you really want L acting like this? It looks laughable in live action.

by the words of moot himself "Cred Forums has started as an anime image board and can be freely discussed on any board"

>Disliking an anime makes you mentally ill

>moot
literally who?

anime turned into live action is never good

just watch the real death note up to episode 25
some of the best time you'll ever spend

In your case, it does. Fuck off!

Emphasis mine.

>It isn't about his ethnicity, or skills, but about the fact that he looks, and ACTS, nothing like L.
>ACTS

So again, how can you tell how a person acts as a character having not seen their performance?

nice reading comprehension. i meant that you are "mentally ill" because of the way you make a point

-100%

newfag or bait, either way gtfo

>inshallah we will bring this infidel to justice

what did L mean by this?

>and can be freely discussed on any board
We are discussing it. Sorry, not everyone here loves your shitty cartoons.

meant for

No, it literally doesn't for anyone.
Being unable to accept people have opinions other than yours is autism.

ebin b8 xddd here an upboat hehe
>inb4 mad

Why is Hollywood trying so hard to push the Naked Brothers Band kids all of a sudden? They've been completely absent since like 08, and now they're both suddenly being considered for Spider-Man and turning up in a half dozen indies over the next two years.

The Cred Forums memes are the only thing I'm looking forward to about this flick.

Obviously (to someone not mentally impaired), I was referring to him as a person, how he behaves as a person, to his personality.

50%

And how can you determine that if you haven't seen the film exactly? I'm really curious.

D R O P P E D

You are retarded, aren't you? Go feed the crows.

>1/256 Portuguese
Jesus.

But user, I want to know how you dertermine the way a person portrays a role without seeing the film.

I'm happy to just assume its your making assumptions, but I wanted you to give your side.

I can't read your mind user. So tell me.

How do you determine the way the role has been portrayed if you haven't seen the film?

>I know he's portrayed as a genius but that's anime for you.
He was quite literally a genius. He scored top of the list nationwide in Nip land. The land where your father beats you if you don't score well, land a good job, and take care of him in his old age.

>literally APOLOGIZE: The Scene
kek

I know. And it's a very unrealistic portrayal. It was done to make him more cool and edgy.

Sounds more Gary Stu than edgy.

Extremely low. What was the last anime adaptation that actually turned out well?

>It was done to make him more cool and edgy.
I dunno, one could argue it helped shape the character if he was a genius instead of some literal who outsmarting the smartest detective alive and the entire police force chasing him.

This. A lot of the mannerisms and dialogue that work in anime (because it's an inherently goofy/cheesy medium) won't work in a live action show or movie. Like that scene where L and Light fight while handcuffed to one another. Imagine how stupid that would look live. Or any of the thousands of "reaction shots" the show does in any given episode

youtube.com/watch?v=bpfZF6H8xMs

Also, Near. For fuck's sake, how goddamn stupid would Near be in anything other than a cartoon?

True, he's suppose to be a perfect guy with some psychopathic tendencies. Except real psychopaths are hardly perfect and the most powerful dictators were always incredibly flawed men.
But teenagers prefer cool characters over more complex ones so most anime give them exactly that.

>Gary Stu Vs Gary Stu
Why not just believable person vs believable person?
Why can't anime do that ever?

Cause a kike Light is better yeah ok

>And it's a very unrealistic portrayal

Is it, though? Somebody who's good looking, charismatic, and a genius is absurdly unlikely, but it's not impossible. And honestly, if somebody was born with all of those qualities, what are the odds that they wouldn't develop a god complex? We all know somebody with just one of those three qualities who's insufferably arrogant, imagine someone with all of them.

edge of tomorrow?

So he's deliberately loathsome is your excuse?

>Why not just believable person vs believable person?

Some shows do that. But in general, anime MCs have very few flaws because they're designed for teenagers to project themselves onto. It's a means of escapism.

>implying Near wasn't also stupid in the animu

Yes, obviously. The audience isn't supposed to be rooting for Light, he's a serial killer who turns into a genocidal maniac.

I tend to agree that its a form of escapism, but it makes for a very dull protagonist IMO.

>dubbed

JUST

And they make him loathsome by making him perfect?

>But in general, anime MCs have very few flaws

And if they do have flaws, those flaws are always presented as positives. Like the most common "flaws" for shonen MCs to have are extreme bravery and a short temper (which are both useful when the story is based on fighting).

1/256 poortuguese
Why would you be proud of that?
Why would that even be included?
What's wrong with Americans?

So they're min maxed D&D characters?
Or bad fan fiction?

He isn't perfect, he's an insane narcissist. And in a way, I think making him perfect is a way to get people to hate him. Look at all the people who hate Tom Brady (or Cristiano Ronaldo if you're a foreigner).

Literally Jewish nepotism

Somebody probably owed their dad a favour

>Why would you be proud of that?

He probably didn't make the profile himself.

>Why would that even be included?

Don't underestimate the insanity of celebrity stalkers. Some fat girl from Oklahoma probably spent days going through his family tree.

You mean insecure people?
So he's made to appeal to insecure people?

I don't think he's meant to appeal to anyone. He's a villain. If there's any appeal at all, you could argue that him being "perfect" kind of makes his whole storyline more tragic. This was a kid with a bright future ahead of him who ended up becoming a monster.

Even SS cared less about their ancestors.

So the character you follow the most isn't supposed to be appealing?
And the Hero is autistic.

That sounds really really awful.

>Why not just believable person vs believable person?
Because in this particular story Light was going up against the entire police force so in order to make it reasonable that he'd get away for so long, they had to make him a genius. As for L, they needed an antagonist that was similar to Light to point out their narcissism and in order to bring someone one board, he has to be as smart as the genius.

>not rooting for light when watching the anime

Just lazy writing. Anime in general suffers from copy/pasting character personalities even more than Hollywood does.

So a notebook that can kill anyone isn't enough of a weapon...?
That just sounds like an excuse for bad writing.

>Because in this particular story Light was going up against the entire police force so in order to make it reasonable that he'd get away for so long, they had to make him a genius

But he only got the police force's attention because he drew them to Japan in the first place. An actual genius would have just set up his killings to happen at random times during the day to make it impossible to pin him down. The problem with Light being presented as a genius is that he makes so many unbelievably stupid decisions. It would have worked better if he was a normal kid (intelligence-wise) going up against a genius detective.

Well, I just hope this adaptation is marginally better then despite a clearly shit source.

Yeah, this honestly.

The more I hear about this series the more glad I am I dodged it.

Zac efron was born to be light. Why nothe cast this?

It depends on how many footrubs are included...

Too short.

Not if you aren't smart enough to make sure you don't leave a glaring clue about who's using it. Like killing too many people connected to you or only you'd know about if you were the Director's son or something.

I mean, the way the show operates anyway, where people don't have rights and they can just jail you or take whatever action necessary to investigate any random lead, or suspicion any random detective has.

I agree he screwed up a few times in hindsight, but as he was doing it it seemed legit. The only reason L knew to look in Japan was because he observed where they started (when Light was just testing it out) and eventually went more random when he learned it worked to prevent just this. The Lind L. Taylor incident would have been tough to account for imo, but this is definitely arguable.

I personally liked it, but think it's a bit overrated. When you first watch it it does come off as whoa so deep and they're so smart omg but yeah, going back you can point out where shit just seemed deep and they all seemed to be crazy 18 dimensional underwater chessmasters.

Bruh, light turns into the king of the edgelords the minute he gets the deathnote and confirms it to be legit.

Yeah, it takes Light literally one school day to go from "holy shit, I killed people, that's not right" to "hey, I can commit mass murder. Cool!"

youtube.com/watch?v=cItXjlfr4bU

>The only reason L knew to look in Japan was because he observed where they started (when Light was just testing it out) and eventually went more random when he learned it worked to prevent just this.
>About 2,150 Americans die each day from these diseases, one every 40
seconds.
Yup, good luck with that in real life, lol.

>It depends on how many footrubs are included...
THIS

A criminal died of a heart attack while committing a robbery. Another criminal died of a heart attack while committing another robbery a day later. Then, a couple days after that, random Japanese criminals started dying of heart attacks by the hundreds.

You'd have to be a retard to not figure out that Kira was Japanese.

>A criminal died of a heart attack while committing a robbery. Another criminal died of a heart attack while committing another robbery a day later.
How? Did he see them?

>Then, a couple days after that, random Japanese criminals started dying of heart attacks by the hundreds.
So when he started to kill people randomly? After killing thousands of Japanese criminals? Because that's incredibly stupid.

>How? Did he see them?

He saw the hostage situation taking place on tv. That's how he knew the guy's name and face, the news channel displayed it, and then he used that to kill him.

>So when he started to kill people randomly? After killing thousands of Japanese criminals? Because that's incredibly stupid.

It would have appeared that random criminals were dying to anyone looking at it from the outside. My point is that huge numbers of criminals and prisoners started dropping dead, all in Japan, all from heart attacks. Anyone with half a brain would assume that the killer was in Japan.

>ridiculous orchestra
>overacting
>retarded sanic speed camera pans
>that fucking ray of light piercing the clouds lmao

No wonder people say anime is for children, holy fuck

Read the manga, slow burning and intelligent thriller. Saw that clip of the anime and another where Light attains glowing red eyes while laughing like a maniac. How can people watch that shit?

Yeah, it's goofy as hell. The "dramatic writing" only gets sillier too

>Read the manga, slow burning and intelligent thriller

idk, I read the manga but the plot was still just as silly

>huge numbers
So like I said, he was pretty dumb. And really? Are there even that many violent criminals in Japan? I doubt it.

>How? Did he see them?
I think he's referring to the dudes that were about to rape that woman outside the store. His first was some random fuck on TV.

>So when he started to kill people randomly? After killing thousands of Japanese criminals? Because that's incredibly stupid.
Yes. What drew attention was the insane rates among criminals. Both in jail and those who had gone to trial but got off. As the other user said, L observed a trend and guess he was Japanese, and also looked at where the first few deaths were, in the whatever region of Japan Light was in and aired Lind L. Taylor only there. I'm sure that wasn't planned to be the first and only time he'd pull something like that if we wasn't correct right away.

Remember: this had being on for months, enough for even the public to notice something was happening.

>So like I said, he was pretty dumb

Exactly. That's what makes the whole presentation of Light as a "genius" so stupid.

>Are there even that many violent criminals in Japan?

Japan is a country with nearly 130 million people. There are about 78,000 Japanese people in prison, and despite its relative safety it also has a huge problem with organized crime. There's no shortage of criminals for Light to kill. And we don't know that he was only going after violent criminals. He never really specifies which crimes he's killing people for.

>We want the PG-16 crowd

>literally was just thinking about him saying that
kek, I can't wait for all the memes that will sooth my autism when it's released.

He targeted anyone, even small fries, thieves etc. His goal was to stop criminal acts as a whole (through fear) not just felonies.

Also why did they get an actor that looks like a highschool nerd reject? Light was supposed to be crazy handsome. He could get any girl he wanted if he wasn´t such an asexual psychopath.

>VERY friendly dog moving at COMFORTABLE speeds

Yeah I don't like the fucking casting at all. L is supposed to handsome as well despite his weird mannerisms and shit. If he would stop be autistic he's supposed to be, anyway. Right? I thought so...

>Light was supposed to be crazy handsome. He could get any girl he wanted if he wasn´t such an asexual psychopath.
Because that would make him a shitty anime-like character.

L had potential to be handsome but he always looked like he hadn´t slept for days and did weird things so people got creeped out. Keith is also way too old. L wasn´t anywhere near 25.

All of you insulting Light don't realize the character does not try to avoid attention, quite the opposite.

He specifically states he kills very regularly so that people notice the killings.

He wants the frenzy so that society changes radically. The story isn't about one dude trying to mass murder silently, but about a narcissist who wants a new moral revolution.

The best arc of the manga is the FBI surveillance window and the naomie misora situation. It's well written, intelligent without being cringy or obvious, lots of suspense and not over the top.

The first arc has a lot of clever moments (e.g. bus scene). While the characters only get relatively small development arcs, the dialogue and plot of the first half make up for it, I think.

Well no shit, his entire plan was to scare criminals with a boogeyman that gives anyone who even tries anything a heart attack. Basically justice through fearmongering.

the anime only worked because it was anime and you're used to cringy caricatures and over the top plot, the live action adaptation will be a hilarious mess

No he isn't.

They could have at least tried with the actor picks.

>All of you insulting Light don't realize the character does not try to avoid attention, quite the opposite.

He wants to draw attention to Kira. He doesn't want the police to catch him.

>mfw
Literally zero chance of it being even okay, it's gonna be western Dragonball 2.0

It wasn't good to begin with, really.

I dunno. The Japanese movies weren't terrible. I mean, the anime cringe didn't translate very well to real life but I think they did a decent job. Best they could anyway.

The actors actually looked like the characters too. The actor that did L did a decent job at being ridiculously autistic like L was. With his weird mannerisms. Looked cringey and weird IRL, but he did the slouches and weird gripping of things as well as a real human bean could IMO.

But yeah obviously it's a manga/anime at heart.

Anime is made mostly for adults and teenagers, and there isn't any clear dividing line between the two or some reliable way of determining which of the two, if either, an anime is targeting. I've never seen any evidence that this is something that anyone in the industry thinks about. And the concept of a teenager is completely artificial anyway.

Self-insertion is an American meme that they project onto the Japanese, because they think in terms of self-insertion and just assume everyone in Japan does too.

>No wonder people say anime is for children, holy fuck
I didn't realize that Death Note now represents the ten thousand or so anime made during the past half a century. Not to mention it isn't even aimed at children.