Who is the Arnold of our current time?

who is the Arnold of our current time?

Nobody.
Hollywood is effeminate.

There isn't one. And there never will be.

Duane "The Rock" Jonestown

this

its pretty obvious

The Rock or Terry Cruise, neither of which do the same justice.

body building is effeminate

only women should care about their looks...

no one has replaced Arnold as the "super muscular and strong guy that could fit in every action movie" yet

He hasn't had really anything iconic outside of his wrestling

No one since Hollywood has merged the musclehead with the charming lead.

Look at the average protagonist 30 years ago.
Zero definition. Never takes off his shirt.

Now, the "average" protagonist is shredded and the schlubby guy that use to be leading material is relegated to the loser/comic relief position

This.
The Boulder is charismatic enough to be the equivalent of modern Arnie.

>a man that best the movie he is in with seer charisma
There is none at this times
>a man that was an example of both badassery AND manlyhood
There is none, Vin Diesel may cope the first, maybe The Rock the second, other actors too but not both

The Rock hasn't had a super popular movie where he has a leading role

The Rock though? He does action, comedy, and family stuff just like Arnold would do.

>Manlet neckbeard detected

The pebble is amazing

None of the movies in wich he is the lead actor has been overly succeful, acclaimed nor remembered

Tom Cruise

The correct answer.

>tfw he was the best part about the movie, Central Intelligence

Progressive patrician's pick

>benchmark of masculinity and ambition

we dont have one

nah he's a finook, trips be dammed

He's among the most bankable actors today. That iconic enough?

Arnold was around at a time when people still had heroes.

Arnold is white, Dwayne isn't.
It's obvious that his films will never be as popular as Arnie's.

>"I don't have friends. I've got tumblr."
What did she mean by this?

he's the highest paid actor in Hollywood

all his movies are super popular

Maybe this black adam gig will do it, but he doesn't have a Conan, Terminator, Predator or anything like that currently.

But he's not a leading actor in the hits.

who gives a shit? he's the only megaroided actor working today who even comes close to the star power of Arnold.

Furious 7 has made more money than any Arnold flick

Then RDJ is 10's Arnold

-Lead actor
-Paid billions
-Face of multiple franchises

by that logic Sam Worthington should beat the both for avatar

RDJ is a manlet and a cuck. Don't ever compare him and Arnold again.

you don't have to be a fat neckbeard to think body building is queer

but Central Intelligence is a boring 1/10
plus duane is acting in this movie like schwarzy acts in a comedy, which is ridiculous for lack of personnality

Whatever makes you feel secure in your ugliness champ

We're comparing him to Arnold.
That's the point, mong.

Arnold was both huge, a lead actor, and made dosh.

The Rock is only 2/3 of that

I can see The Rundown, Walking Tall, and Faster starring Arnie if they were made in the 80s/90s

Bombed

The thing is, Arnie was attractive to both men and women. Not just gay men, but hetero as well. He had that man's man aura about him.

Dwayne doesn't have that.

>250 million box office
>100 million budget

Central Intelligence was saved by the rock. If he wasn't in it, the film would've had zero redeeming qualities about it, because Kevin Hart was abysmal. At least in this movie, you see the rock act in a role that isn't "I'm 100% serious all the time"

He's still by far the closest we have to Arnold which is my point. If you deny this you have literal autism.

>No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
-Soccer Trees

Oh yeah, you're right.
He is the closet.
But hasn't quite reached his level

me

Dwayne has gotten a lot more attractive since his goofy WWF character with gyno. Now that he's seen more as an actor than a wrestler he is pretty attractive. Not on Arnold's level but still.

>got the torch passed to him from Arnie
>did shit with it

Terminator starring the Rock when?

Yeah. Thing is instead of doing bodybuilding and starting off with schlocky but kickass action movies he did football and started off with schlocky but kickass wrasslin

Sadly he's in his 'jingle all the way' era right now

San Andreas was probably written for Arnie. The daughter might have been age appropriate.

>Sadly he's in his 'jingle all the way' era right now

Tooth Fairy came out in 2010

There are huge muscular guys like The Rock, Vin Diesel, Batista, but none of them have the charisma or impact, really. Not really something that I'd say is a sign of times, it's just that Arnold was one of a kind.

Looks like Arnie's sperm knew what to do this time around.

statham is charismatic and has a good track record of very enjoyable action movies.

get this man on HGH and roids NOW

>statham is charismatic
Ha.
Not even a little bit.
He's a slab of meat that manages to speak

So was Arnold. It just worked somehow.

Imagine being Arnold in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

he comes close but all his characters might as well be called the rock and his movies "the rock in the x"

no one comes close to arnold in term of iconic action stars

tho if he keeps his pace i can see chris pratt coming close

Holt shit. She looks terrible.

>he comes close but all his characters might as well be called the rock and his movies "the rock in the x"
implying it's literally not the same for Arnold

Arnold is the Arnold of our time. He'll never die.

beta numale cucks ruining my day

Look mom, I posted it!

Imagine being Arnold in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

> post yfw you realise arnold will die in your lifetime

True

>Body builder
>Does campy films
>Nice guy
>Picks the correct political party

>tfw there will never be a movie with your two favourite 90s movie stars

>He hasn't seen Around the World in 80 Days

is this shopped?

Could be. Hard to say.

Yes, because Arnold brings something totally different with every role, right?

yeah but it's not about the actor it's about the movies

i couldn't tell you 5 the rock movies without looking them up

Implying Chris Pratt isn't
>Chris Pratt in space
>Chris Pratt with dinosaurs
>Chris Pratt as a Lego man

Nope not gonna rustle my jimmies

>Arnold in the jungle
>Arnold as a robot
>Arnold as a school teacher
>Arnold is pregnant

Terry Crews is probably the closest. Needs more smugness tho.

>not discounting the cash flows over the production time
>not taking into account distribution and marketing costs not included in the production budget
>not taking into account the financial and tax costs
Stop triggering me

t. accountingfag

>Sadly he's in his 'jingle all the way' era right now
he is shit, aside from their sizes there is nothing to compare. rock has shit movies, while Arnold has legends

Chris Hemsworth maybe if he'd get his shit together.

I hope you aren't implying Arnold alone is responsible for his movies.

Arnold is responsible for his charisma and presence and his timing, which is what makes his roles. The Rock has a little bit of each, but no where near enough to even hope to compete with Arnold.

He's done way too many stupid kiddie movies without being a successful enough big time action star. He was on the right path with Scorpion King, Walking Tall and the Rundown but he got sidetracked fucking quick

delete this

Pianoman whenever he decides to make his Hollywood debut

It's actually that guy who plays Jim from The Office.

Yeah. Let that sink in for a while.

except guys that want to fuck women. not caring about appearances is gay.

What's hilarious about this pic is that it's a fake log, yet it's supposed to show his masculinity.

>lele fake log

whoa so your telling me Arnold didn't really carry around an entire fucking tree trunk? yeah ok, next your going to tell me the bullets were fake or something and Arnold didn't slaughter 100s of little brown people on set

And that Rae Dawn Chong can't actually shoulder a quadrocket launcher and fire it without dying.

little white boi lmao

Rocket launchers don't really have recoil.

it's a real log, but that's arnold's stuntman

>ywn be Arnold pounding out Rae Dawn Chong and Alyssa Milano in ur trailer on downtime between shoots on the set of Commando

The problem is no one making intelligent sci-fi or quality action wants a hulking man mountain in the lead, because they want to be taken seriously. You'd never get John Wick with The Rock or District 9 with The Rock. The fact that Arnie was ever cast as any kind of everyman is a quirk of the 80s.

Right. Because that's the only possible thing that would prevent her from operating it.

Also, few people if any are making Verhoeven type tongue-in-cheek satirical actioners.

Loaded M202 Flash, which the RL in Commando is based on, weights 12 kilos. Hefty, but not impossible. That's assuming it has all 4 rockets inside.

No one. He is unique.

Jingle all the way is a holiday classic

Myself

It's actually weird you got no (you)s
Tom Crusie and Matt Damon are the go to action lead as Arnold was.
They're not juiced up to the tip of their hair, but that's the only difference. They basically cover the same role in Hollywwod

jim should come back from his abatap dream and make real t3 with him

yeah but they're not huge

>le disgusting.jpg face

>a brett ratner film

What kind of faggot would want to fuck inferior sex? Also homos are notoriously superficial when it comes to relationships, so yeah, they do care for appearances.

>Terminator starring the Rock when?

>mfw they were originally going to have a black man as The Terminator, but didn't think people would believe that O J Simpson could be a cold blooded murderer.

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Not if I kill myself first.

Checkmate, retard.

Shame about the chin though

Terminator
Commando
Twins
Maggie

Arnie has range, he just likes doing the same type of films.

are you stupid? He starred in all of his most recent films

ctrl+f: Chloe

Fuck you guys, Chloe didn't take those steroids for nothing

I was actually rather surprised by his performance in "Maggie". It's not that he was "great" but he still displayed a lot more acting ability than I would've expected from him – especially since in his "post-gubernatorial" movies it mostly seemed like he just didn't give a fuck anymore.

But also in his "prime" there were basically only two factors that spoke for him:
A. The body
B. A certain sense of comedic timing

So, yeah, it's safe to say that "Maggie" took me by surprise. I also wanna motorboat Abigail Breslin's buttcheeks – jus' sayin'.

all Dwayne Johnson flicks are forgettable as fuck

only the F&F franchise is saving his ass

>Arnold pounding out Rae Dawn Chong and Alyssa Milano
>Alyssa Milano

Please let this be true

Gears of war movie.
Mark my words

But user, Alyssa Milano was only twelve. That's just WRONG.

Yeah, I was watching Maggie thinking "Why the fuck hasn't Arnie been doing this type of shit for the past ten years?" It was a pretty nuanced portrayal.

The Rock is the closest thing to Arnold we have, he's just in an era where Capeshit is dominant.

I get a feeling that there was simply no one who ever thought that giving a "quiet role" to Arnold could actually work out.
And, let's be honest here: There were quite a few roles in his career, that actually leaned heavily towards the WOAT-side of the spectrum.

well we know now that at the very least Arnold was fucking all those qt sidekicks he had in those movies

>Commando
>Running Man
>Total Recall (double dip Stone and the rebel lady)

Okay, I have to admit: I haven't watched a single movie starring the Rock, with the exception of "The Mummy Returns" (and we all know how THAT turned out...)

What's the best "The Rock" movie?

Vin diesel is not huge or muscular lad he's a fat midget

literally 100% unironically, this.

And not the qt in "Predator"?
Heh. Weak.
(She still looks pretty good btw.)

>(She still looks pretty good btw.)
>Asian genes

No shit.

>Asian genes

Hate to burst your bubble but she's not Asian but Mexican. Those are Aztec genes you're seeing there.

interesting take on the Hercules mythos but it was too campy for me. Not the fun kind of campy either, the boring roll your eyes kind of campy.

A lot of effort.
But yes, it succeeded in making me chuckle.
Keep up the good work boy, you'll be doing great.

fuck

fuck me

You're right. I need to stop posting while retarded.

>Arnold Schwarzenegger
Commando
Predator
>Jean Claude Van Damme
Kickboxer
Lionheart
>Steven Segal
Above the Law
Marked for Death
>Sylvester Stallone
Rambo
Cobra
>Bruce Willis
Die Hard
The Last Boy Scout
>Keanu Reeves
Point Break
Speed

'Member when action movies were good?

>Commando
>good action movie
It's some kind of bizarre action-comedy thing. There's no tension anywhere in the movie, the antagonist is pathetic and the mooks exist only to be effortlessly mowed down by Arnold.

>bizarre action-comedy thing
yes

Your confusion is understandable. Latin chicks that don't turn into Consuela from Family Guy once they hit thirty are more elusive than an intact hymen in New Jersey teenager.

>expecting tension in an Arnie action film

You have to be eighteen to post here.

>starring the Rock
>"The Mummy Returns"

no

Just doesn't work for me, I suppose. It's like the first part of Predator, where they set up how badass the guys are, so that when the alien starts killing them one by one you feel how powerful it is. Only in Commando predator never arrives.

There's tension in Predator, Terminator I guess, in Conan, when he's on the Tree of Woe, it's a low point.

Closest one desu
Arnie was much more charismatic, quotable and fun though

>tfw when you realize the two Stallone titles are actually anagrams
you just realized that you've been fooled

Why of course. The Rock was in it. If only for two minutes before being transformed into bad CGI.

This is

>1... x
>2... x
>4... x
>5... you just realize there was no 3
>6... x
>7...x
>8... You just realize there was no 7
>9.... you just checked

tier

Whoa. That's like... a haiku!

>There's tension in Predator, Terminator I guess, in Conan, when he's on the Tree of Woe, it's a low point.

Okay, I'll give you Predator, but in Terminator he's the bad guy so it's not really an "Arnie action film", and there is zero tension in Conan.

>10.... you're laughing at this moment
>11.... you're gonna share and subscribe

In T2 there's tension since T1000 is just straight up better at the job. And Conan has enough tension for the heroic fantasy movie it is, Arnold parries enemy blows, he's fighting, he's exhausted etc. And the antagonist might not be too physically imposing, but his presence is still great. Thulsa Doom is amazing. Bennet? Come on.

In Commando he just walks into the enemy garrison with a gun and shoots everyone.

let off some steam fgt

Only movie I haven't seen/have on my hd is Cobra, gonna check it out

The Rock

He isn't 1/10th as good, but he's still the equivalent

Pretty sure you're a faggot