Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OVptq3uvP2s
youtube.com/watch?v=uWT_llTHkh4
youtube.com/watch?v=j4mo1ywVR_M
youtube.com/user/KoreanFilm
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC9AB9E77C6A42135
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're on Cred Forums not Cred Forums you entry level fucking drone

Seen "The Isle", I didn't get the ending completely.
They were fleeing from the police, all that makes sense. But then I see the guy randomly swimming naked into the grass patch. And.... then a shot of the seemingly dead woman? So, she died? Why. And where did the guy go then.

I know an understand the symbolism behind it, but it makes no sense from a storyline perspective

it's called oasis

>pic related one of the best

Attack on Titan, Death Note, One Piece

Ahh the famous The Host is it? I always avoided bcs I thouhgt its some stupid shit about monster like Godzilla.

Is there something more or is it really korean Godzilla?

This film is actually one of the best

Oldboy is reddit as fuck

Came to post this. God tier.

>tfw you've watched over 300 movies and none of them comes close to Old Boy

Shit , I remember korean movie set in korean war .
Its about some group of childhood friends chasing some gold I think. I only remember the near end when one of them gets shot in the head at stays mentally retarded and hooked on heroin while other guy betrays the group and becomes filthy rich but the third guys comes for revenge in the end.

Anyone knows what i'm shitting about?

There is slight possibility that it was japanese or chinese movie , I mean can you blame me...

>Oldboy is reddit as fuck
Just because its good and popular lets hate it right? Fuck off manchild virgin edgy faggot

Is this just a Kang-ho Song thread now?

Call me a pleb but I love pretty much everything that man has touched.

>JSA
>Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
>Memories of Murder
>The Host
>The Good the Bad and the Weird
>Thirst
>Secret Reunion
>The Attorney

Absolutely. I like Oldboy, but MoM blows it the FUCK out of the water.

>Is this just a Kang-ho Song thread now?
No you fucking retard. Its a thread about korean films.

>Is there something more or is it really korean Godzilla?
No, it really is Korean Godzilla. As in the monster in the movie isn't the focus and is just an excuse to tell a story about something more interesting.

I loved the attorney

peppermint candy

>he bought into the oldboy meme

Oh, sweet, innocent little OP.

its so good

Guys, be completely honest with yourselves
If Oldboy wasn't so famous and acclaimed, and you just happened to stumble upon it would you not go on here and rave about how great it was? And can you explain to me the logic behind a movies quality decreasing because of it's fame?
I don't know if you guys just lack selfawareness of the probability that you rate less known movies higher because you feel that it gives you 'ego-points' and make you feel some sort of superiority to make up for other shortcomings in life
I mean doing it in real life is vain enough, but on a ANONYMOUS imageboard where no one has any idea who you are? Isn't this the one place where you can be completely honest and admit the most depraved things you could never say to anyone in person?
Not saying everyone who shits on a popular and acclaimed movie does this of course, but you guys have to admit the contrarian nature of this site

Contrived wew lad suhhh dude plot for the sake of it

Now you are beginning to understand what kind of pathetic and miserable people gather here and share their opinions.

Its on every board, especially Cred Forums and Cred Forums. Popular and succesfull stuff are always frowned upon and they will tell you its reddit tier while 99% of those fucking imbeciles visit reddit themselves.

>reading into contrarian mentality

Wow guys so smart so savvy so woke

Why are you all so mean to each other? Can't we all get along and enjoy movies?

I watched sympathy for mr vengeance the other day and he was the best thing about it by far. I'm downloading memories of murder right now

dude i was explicitly talking to the people that didn't seem self aware of it. If they realized how dumb it was they wouldn't be doing it, so I thought i would break it down for them

shut up faggot

>so I thought i would break it down for them
Oh, thank Christ, we have a man of your stature, intellectual capacity and sincere empathy for fellow man.
You just want to watch the world learn and better its self, of course that's it.
That's why you patronize the rest of the world with as many syntax errors as you do.
Self awareness?
This is not the place for such a thing.
Go read a book.

Kinda sucks Korea stopped making consistently great movies. Last one I honestly loved-loved was probably Sunny. Everything else after was good, but nothing I keep coming back to.

I highly recommend J.S.A. if you haven't seen it yet.

3-Iron
My Sassy Girl
Right Now, Wrong Then
My Way
Taegukgi: Brotherhood of War
The Thieves
New World
Inside Men: The Original
A Bloody Aria
Attack the Gas Station 1 and 2
The Yellow Sea

ty

The funny part is that back in like 06 - 07 Cred Forums had the biggest fucking hard on for Oldboy imaginable. It was in every patrician discussion thread, every recommendation chart, etc. Only once it hit the mainstream did they turn on it like the fucking sheep they are.

I think it was around 2010 is when Korean movies became more popular and Oldboy became entry-level is when they started acting like asshole and as if it was never good to begin with. Just a natural thing, I suppose.

>Castawy on the Moon

be prepared for feels

Thats nice, kid but if you haven't developed your taste since then you need to stay on IMDB or Cred Forums if you can not adapt to a new posting format.

You can pick where you go, but you're not welcome here with such entry level trash taste.

im already in love with her

This one hit way too close to home lel

Especially when you realize that women like this actualy don't exist (there are hikki women but they look nothing like the gook gal in there, they're overweight crazy cat ladies who have transcended the wall long ago)

it hit pretty close to home for me, as well. and you're right about the chances of meeting a shut-in girl who looks like that.

>300

If you haven't seen at least a thousand you don't belong here, friendo.

The ending was great. After all that he still stood his ground.

What exactly are you trying to imply, I genuinely don't know
I see people here doing something dumb here on a regular basis, and I point out why I think it's dumb in the hope that they will see my point and stop doing said thing
>That's why you patronize the rest of the world
How would you go about telling someone why you think what they're doing is bad, if not by elaborating and explaining exactly why you think so, especially in a case like this where they don't seem to realize it themselves? And i'm talking to one very specific small group of people, not the rest of the world
>This is not the place for such a thing.
How so? See what happens when you actually don't expand on what you're saying? I have no fucking clue why you would think self awareness is bad thing in this specific place, and explaining why you think so would not be patronizing in any way
>Go read a book.
This literally means nothing

Why do they lie to people with these kind of films? They are messing with emotions of actually depressed people longing for true romance.
Giving them illusions is the cruelest thing.

Right Now, Wrong Then was amazing, especially when you know the backstory of it, my new favorite Hong Sang-soo film and one of my favorites from recent years

>And can you explain to me the logic behind a movies quality decreasing because of it's fame?

That's not the logic. The logic is this: Films that are universally acclaimed and loved by a large amount of plebs are usually not films that take risks or films that are the uncensored expression of the filmmaker. They're crafted to be "entertaining" to a general audience as opposed to artistic. Therefore, they aren't that interesting.

It's really not that-fetched. At all really. Happened to me.

This is true, but can also be bullshit.
Most Korean movies are pleb as fuck- generic rom-coms and dramas out the ass. Oldboy is still unique even as far as weird and interesting Korean movies go. I've seen over 160 Korean movies and Oldboy is still just as great as ever.

Popular usually means what you said, but usually. It's not an inevitability.

I watched this short documentary about a Finnish hikki woman the other day. She's not bad looking. youtube.com/watch?v=OVptq3uvP2s

add chingoo (friend) and shil-mi-do. sex is zero if you like raunchy comedy.

old boy is great and I don't know how you classify something reddit when it came out before reddit was born. I got all my friends hooked on korean movies :D

Gangnam 1970 is the best gangster film I've seen in years. Got pretty bad ratings because it was slightly convoluted but it was great.

roger that , thanks user

Chingoo is okay. Not that great.
Sex is Zero is horrible, go fuck yourself.

Good tastes otherwise. Always nice to see someone mention Attack The Gas Station.

Cruel Winter Blues is a good, low-key drama.

Thirst is the GOAT vampire movie

>that patrician armpit licking

Do you know ?

Is that Chingoo?

Confusing as hell. Wanted to love it just like I wanted to love New World, but just like New World, the plot is overly complex and full of boring talking as if we're in a court hearing.
Maybe I was just too stupid to like it. Oh well.

I didn't say sex is zero is a master piece but I probably have a different interpretation because I'm korean.. but maybe you are too but that's why movies like chingoo and taegukki give me feels.

The Chaser is better than this.

Could try drinking some alcohol with it if you ever want to watch it again, I watched the extended cut of it, and although it was a little slow at times it definitely came together in the end.

All I remember from that film is the girl ripping fish hooks out of her snatch

it kind of sounded like it at first. it's been a while since I've seen it but I don't remember the gold thing. do you remember a huge fight in the middle of school?

Worth a watch. It's more of a family drama than a monster movie.

Thirst is severely underrated

Teagukki is probably in my top ten movies of all time. Cry like a bitch not matter how many times I see it. Chingoo wasn't bad or anything, but eh. Didn't really care for the characters that much.

And yeah, sex is zero felt like something I'd have to be korean to like more, even though I still love korean comedies. wouldn't recommend it over stuff like gas station or a quiet family, though.

also one friend does become a gangster and shit goes down.. you're probably right.

Maybe. It wasn't even the fact that it was slow, but I just couldn't keep up with the plot and all the names being thrown around. Will give it another chance, tough. Perhaps I need to take a chill pill before watching.

bahaha, when I first saw taegukki I was like.. oh cool what is this? 5min later WWWHHHYYYY?

I get what you mean, some characters did slip by me too.

Old boy is good but not great. It has a god tier twist tgats about it. Other than that just average revenge flick with some hong kong martial arts sprinkled in

>kid
Pic related. It's you. All you faggots were sucking Oldboys cock just a few years ago. It was a masterpiece then and it's a masterpiece now. It singlehandedly started up the Korean film renaissance and is the only reason neckbeards like you have even seen a Korean film.

Suck my balls, losers.

i know it's japanese but im posting it anyway because i fucking can

>average

Oldboy is far too stylized and weird to say that anything about it is average. Even the revenge isn't average. John Wick is average. Oldboy is unique as fuck, even if you didn't love it that much.

Well fucking said.

even though I think that guy was being sarcastic, but still

also old boy came out in 03 but didn't hit the states until 06.

That video is the most Finnish thing I've ever seen

Also, I'd marry that qt in a heartbeat

Someone PM me a torrent for Confession (2014)

Also pic related is top comfy.

t. Complete fucking imdb drone
When you have even 1/25th of the cinematic skill set I'll listen to your plebeian rambling

at least post some real yakuza kino

is there anyway i can watch this without torrent?

Now when I see trailer I thin its not. This seems like older movie. I mean are they at one point in war? And does one friend shoots another in the head and that guy becomes mentally retarded and hooked on heroin when war is over?

Do you ever sleep? You're on Cred Forums literally all day every day using the same ironic autistic shitposts.

this movie will disappoint you.

But then again I've probably seen 80% of all zombie movies ever made, aka, Train to Busan.

I guess you can download it.

>t. Complete fucking imdb drone
When you have even 1/25th of the cinematic skill set I'll listen to your plebeian rambling

In really shitty quality, yep.
As much as I thought it was a pretty generic movie , it was still really pretty to look at. Might be worth getting a good torrent copy.

I just finished watching Evolution of a Filipino Family at the cinema 2 hours ago. I haven't been on Cred Forums in at least 12 hours now

Guess that fills your quota for leaving the house for the rest of the year.

Honestly my only experience with le zombies is the pile of shit that TWD. Only up until the first half of the 2nd season. That and video games. But I basically never watched the other zombie classics or anything. Maybe if I did I wouldn't have enjoyed ToB as much.

Not at all, plebeian. A Lullaby is playing tomorrow

Plebs

>no I saw the devil

wtf Cred Forums?

yeah sure it is.

You're 100% right. Train to Busan isn't bad, it's actually a pretty great zombie movie, but it's generic as fuck in terms of zombie genre cliches and whatnot. But at least it does generic well.

See

The Chaser is just better though.

it's fun but not like "GOOD"

I saw the devil is a great korean movie, very harrowing.

>comfy
Kill yourself you fucking imbecile.

Watch Spring just last night. Too bad he makes some really weird boring movies now. Last great one was probably Samaritan Girl.

agreed.

Chaser > I Saw the Devil >>> A Company Man

I can't say anything for sure but it doesn't focus on war really. it might cover them going into service. however, it's mainly about them as a group and where they end up. just watch it? :D

WHERE IS SOPHIA?! GEE I DON'T KNOW.

>getting mad over something being called cathartic
autism

A company man is even on the list? Naw, nigga.

I know Cred Forums is filled with plebs and children but god damn is this some shit taste you guys have.

Have an actual good movie, go watch it.

>all this shit taste

watch actual good korean films and not this hollywood 2.0 trash listed itt so far, op

Poetry
Crossroads of Youth
Tale of Cinema / Night and Day / Day He Arrives / Hill of Freedom
Timeless Bottomless Bad Movie
Address Unknown
Peppermint Candy
3-Iron
Strokes of Fire
Oasis
Secret Sunshine
Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East?
Breathless (Yang Ik-Joon)
Take Care of My Cat
Bedevilled

Man from Nowhere is great

All this director's movies are great. Poetry is depressing as fuck, but still worth watching. Oasis is still the best, though. Peppermint Candy is just suicide motivation.

thanks user ,im open for any kind of korean film

keep them coming

t. contrarian faggot

yeah i was with it up until the ridiculous final shootout

isn't it japanese anyway or am i misremembering?

if my favorite movie so far is Memories of Murder where should I start with this list?

Fucking neckbeards always recommend this cuck's movies thinking that they're somehow smarter than others. Guess what faggot? you're not the special little snowflake that you think you are. Go back to your Hillary rally now that your cuckenator lord and savior Bernie has died. Trump will be the next president and we'll take to the street and lynch homo pussyboys like you. It will be like Mad Max fury road except I'll fuck you like Immortal Joe fuck his little Furiosa. Remember my face when you jerk off on you my little pony dolls. Oh yeah and your daddy ain't shit neither :^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))

kill yourself Cred Forums

breathless

;)

I couldn't really connect with Oasis as I did with Poetry. It just hit me much harder.

Here's another one. Maybe not as good but still a fun ride.

The Chaser. Sympathy for Mr Vengence.
Pretty much most Song Kang Ho movies.

In The Mood for Love, Ashes of Time, and Chungking Express are some of my favorites.

I think I watched I Saw The Devil around that time, but can't remember if it was good.

>I post parody pictures of a finno-ugric tribe originally from the river Volga
M ' L A D Y
'
L
A
D
Y

Probably because we'll all be old and go through some of those same emotions the lady did. We probably we see our mothers in her too. I know I did.

Oasis was just a very unique romance movie to me. Like nothing I've ever seen. Sad and happy, bleak and depressing.

Sassy girl is awesome, Windstruck too. Fun is right.

Coin Locker Girl
Barking Dogs Never Bite
Right Now, Wrong Then
Breathless
Foul King
A Moment to Remember
Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time
A Dirty Carnival

not even

That movie is mentioned here and anons love it. I was devastated after watching it.

my sassy girl is my all time fav of that genre. again like most foreign movies you lose a lot in translation.

the GOAT korean movie

also if you ask any Korean person their fav movies or all time my sassy girl will most likely be in their top 5.

Am I the only one here whose seen Intruders (2013)? Underrated as all hell. Part black comedy, part thriller with slasher elements. Really good.
youtube.com/watch?v=uWT_llTHkh4

Miss granny. it's on Netflix. had it's feels.

comfy as fuck ending though

I've seen Old Boy twice. Once while I was in high school, and once a few days ago.

First time I watched it I remember really liking it. Watched it again, not remembering too much, and I did not enjoy it as much.

My taste in movies, film, etc. has changed (matured, whatever) over time, and I think I outgrew this movie. It has nothing to do with its popularity (I only ever watched it the first time like 6 years ago because it was popular).

chaser is 7/10
memories of murder is 9/10

>I did not enjoy it as much
elaborate

thirst was very bad

>300 movies
Kek, you need to go back friendo

what was bad about it?

Train to Busan is reddit tier

>I think I watched I Saw The Devil around that time, but can't remember if it was good.

It wasn't

>that video
>no even a feels warning

That was pretty sad desu

mah nigga

Literally Google "Train to Busan online eng sub". Fuck, that's all you have to do.

sometimes they don't have it anywhere. Last time i checked i didn't find it but i'll dig after i get home.

the thieves, yes great fun film. who was the girl in that she was beautiful

Did anyone see The Age of Shadows?

It got stellar reviews but it wasn't playing anywhere near me.

Oops! You made the mistake of talking about films not available on torrents yet. Common mistake, but still a serious cause of concern. I suggest you do the polite thing and delete your post before more people see it.

Gook Gibberish? Why it's my favourite Korean film!

google it

That fucking ending gives me chills every time. MoM is GOAT tier.

google *unsips dick* this

loved it too

Is it fair to call this the best Korean Thriller?

My other votes would go to Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Tale of Two Sisters.

It's a Mystery/Drama/Kino before it's a thriller.

I think The Chaser is a thriller with a similar story.

"Korean Thriller" is just a general term for this wave of Bong / Park / Kim / etc. Korean directors.

This movie is hilarious, I didn't think gooks could do comedy

fuck

I remember seeing this in a theater super blazed. Barely remembered it.

Watched it again recently, fuck me it's good. Really gets going towards the end.

Also, archer chick saving the day was based.

Also loved how each family member was going off doing their own thing to try to resolve the situation and in the end they all meet up. The plotlines just came together really nicely.

Also yes, comfy as fuck ending. Comfy movie in general. It's like a dark comedy/family drama but with a monster.

I've been told today Train to Busan was good. Should I make my own opinion on this?

It's okay, overrated as hell, falls apart after halfway. There are much better movies to watch instead

good if you haven't seen many other zombie stuff. it's very generic, but in a decent way, i guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4mo1ywVR_M

Kino Korean scene

>muh toksik chemikur
>muh Han river

Saw it yesterday with the laptop in the bed for the comfiest experience

Saw Busan and The Wailing recently, both were very mediocre. The Wailing is just a rollercoaster of good scenes with mind-bogglingly bad ones
Not a good 2016 experience with Korea

Someone knows how for the last two decades korea has produced such amount of kinos?

in the late 90s, idol culture happened and their government invested in studios and film/acting schools

transkino right there

>Hide post

Haha, what the fuck

>Yoon Ji-wook is a hard-as-nails homicide detective known for his undisputed ability to nab violent criminals. He is revered as a legend in the police force and at the same time feared among the mafia for his brutality in cracking down on crime. Yet, beneath his cool, macho appearance lies a secret that he must hide from the world they lives in. Ji-wook has wanted to become a woman ever since his teenage years. He tries to suppress this inner desire, but in vain. Ji-wook finally reaches the point where he makes up his mind to live as a woman, and decides to take the plunge and get a sex change operation. However, before he has a chance to do so, unexpected crises arise and interfere with his plans. A gang that suffered from the cold, hard steel of Ji-wook's handcuffs is dead set on getting their revenge against him. Ji-wook resigns and tries to go about making his dream a reality, but people close to him get sucked into the revenge plot he finds himself at the center of. When some of those people get killed and a girl named Jang-mi falls into danger, he realizes that he can't stand idly by any longer

it's actually a pretty good movie

Anyone else really love I'm a Cyborg, but That's Okay?

iktf bro, still my favourite movie after all these years

fuck you guys for making me watch The Wailing

Jun Ji-hyun.
Yes. Very good movie, well-edited and superb performance from Song Kang-ho.

The IMDB 250 top and some random movies? The fuck are you doing here?

>another pleb

What exactly were you expecting from the movie? What's your criticism?

No one else ever recommends Antique but it's way better than the Japanese tv versions.

Te lead actor in this movie is in several other good films.

>It singlehandedly started up the Korean film renaissance
No it didn't. It didn't even the first modern film to catch western attention.

Every old acclaimed Korean movie is on Youtube in good quality now btw:

youtube.com/user/KoreanFilm
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC9AB9E77C6A42135